★彡yg ♪♬♪ The Official Big Bang [빅뱅] Thread ver. 2

Guest the7REAL.

Guest omgshinshin

Someone should send kVIPs and the boys that Black & Yellow remix - it was amazing and so true. The cover was amazing...seems like BB gained their fair share of fanboys too. Proud stan is proud.

yeah, I know. though, with the YG-soompi collab thing, maybe someone at YG will stumble across it here? haha. I actually tweeted it to Sean, YB and Se7en, even Hwangssabu, lol.

Also, there are a lot of VIP fanboys who hang out in Twitter. We kind of knew each other from allkpop then we migrated to twitter after the comment system change. And mind you, they're really dedicated fanboys and genuinely likes the boys for the music. They're pretty harsh when it comes to the boys' songs but it's all in good fun and well intention.

And when haters at akp abounds... lol, they're really scary when angry.

• Replies 42.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

that's not the point. 26k in 2 days (including early release) is actually awesome. but this is big bang, the artist who holds 3 of the top 5 highest sales in first week. we were expecting them to break some records. and apparently hanteo isn't counting a lot of sales.

Yeah I know. I've been reading bestiz posts on KVIPs wanting to call hanteo plus some hanteo boards posts (most of which aren't very nice to read) to keep up with the news. Saw the Kyobo sold out news in DCGD and the sales index of Yes24 with around 80k-100k in a bestiz post before Hanteo started counting sales on the 25th. KVIPs were actually expecting Hanteo to be busy and a lot are puzzled why the sales recorded were like this.

I know they'll sell well, but with this comeback's hype, I also expected them to sell more than what we're seeing. I guess with GD & TOP's Vol.1 having huge sales in it's 1st week, I thought Hanteo would record the same. So, if this is a glitch in the recording of Hanteo, I hope it gets fixed soon. If not, I just hope the support is as strong as in 2008.

Oh and the Black and Yellow remix is awesome. I hope the person who made it enters the soompi contest. He has a huge chance of winning. Awesome lyrics and beat. More fanboys for Big Bang. :D

Guest juang_bb

^^ the BLACK & YELLOW VIP REMIX is pretty dope! maybe they can join and/or post it in the CONTEST thread so there'll be a higher chance for YG and the boys to actually listen to it. who knows? they might win. :)

excited for the BIGBANG SHOW later! less than 12 hours VIPs! its like another countdown again. :D

Guest bravo_my_life

I too am finding their lower than expected physical sales a little surprising.  I thought that after the long hiatus that kVIPs will fully support the boys more and even if we did lose fans, the fanbase is still 347k strong; so it shouldn't affect the sales too much though.  How is it possible that GDTOP subunit did a lot better?!?

Come on kVIPs, iVIPs did our part, let's show our boys more love.

That answer is simple. People missed the old Big Bang back when they did more hip hop. Thats why GTOP sales did better. I miss it still sometimes.

Guest doublehh03

That answer is simple. People missed the old Big Bang back when they did more hip hop. Thats why GTOP sales did better. I miss it still sometimes.

gd/top wasn't exactly hip hop (or the music they did back then). although they sold 46k in the first week (didn't break the first week record), they have only sold around 67k so far. this is still very impressive for a subunit group. i don't think other groups can do that

to no1chronoptimist, so you're saying they should have already sold 80k??? wow, that's a HUGE discrepancy if that's the case. if kyobo has sold out and the yes24 index is 80-100k, which is HIGHER than it was for gd/top. man i hope kvips call on monday and force them to fix it. i heard the same thing happened to jyj and 2pm, and those got fixed at the urging of fans. taeyang's didn't.

Guest bluishme

now i think there is some problem with hanteo..

maybe they are slow or having problems..

but come on.. its BB so i don;t wait them to screw this up..

Hanteo!!! grrr..

anyways. hopefully VIPs will do something about this..

i hope Hanteo will get this fix or else..

VIPS will be mad..

Guest oh`retro

Damn, that Black & Yellow VIP Remix is dope. I liked the part where he raps about how basically you're screwed if you promote at the same time as our boys. We should get someone in YG to listen to it & pass it along to the boys. I think they'd be pleased. :)

OMFG, I CANNOT WAIT FOR SBS BIG SHOW. I'm going to sleep now so I can wake up early tomorrow to watch it. Hopefully, the stream will work smoothly because I'm dying to see it.

And can I just mention how precious GD is for crying during Heaven? He just looked so vulnerable, genuine and appreciative of our love. It was so sad to watch, but I think it made everyone fall in love with him so much more because it made us think "this is why supporting Big Bang is worth it." And I can't believe he said that he wouldn't cry unless he's accomplished something that he'd be proud of. My first thought was "well Ji, you better start crying lots because you've accomplished way too much."

Love my boys. <3

Guest juang_bb

i dont mean to argue and i hope this wont start some heated stuff here but i dont think so. Its too early to say GTOP sales are doing better, its only been 2 days since official release of the album and based on the digital charts so far, BIGBANG overall is doing a LOT better than GTOP did.

its too early to be really worried about the album sales and such, we'll have to give them at least a week to see if its something we really should be worried about or not. GTOP's first 2 day sales are "unusually" higher that's why even kfans were surprised. GTOP sold 30k+ in 4 days, BB's already at 26k+ in 3 days (including the pre-release day), so its pretty much even. i dont even know why we're comparing their sales... its BIGBANG.

all im saying is, hopefully we can avoid saying stuff prematurely. its too early in the game. the boys havent even made their comeback stage yet. i know we just care and we worry too much, but please dont forget to enjoy it... god knows when they'll be back again when this is all over.

edit: @doublehh03 GTOP sold 43k in the 1st week. 46k in 9 days by the end of December.

Guest doublehh03

now i think there is some problem with hanteo..

maybe they are slow or having problems..

but come on.. its BB so i don;t wait them to screw this up..

Hanteo!!! grrr..

anyways. hopefully VIPs will do something about this..

i hope Hanteo will get this fix or else..

VIPS will be mad..

usually i don't care for sales. the quality of music is more important. however, with this comeback, basically ALL EYES in the industry are on big bang. all of the other idol groups are also looking at them to see if they still got it.

and we all know industry is all about sales figures.

they're killing it digitally. and they should kill it with physical sales.

hopefully the update is done mon or tues. GD's heartbreaker sold like hot cakes by himself, why can't big bang's? i was expecting something like 60-70k first week on the way to like 100k in the first month

gd/top wasn't exactly hip hop (or the music they did back then). although they sold 46k in the first week (didn't break the first week record), they have only sold around 67k so far. this is still very impressive for a subunit group. i don't think other groups can do that

to no1chronoptimist, so you're saying they should have already sold 80k??? wow, that's a HUGE discrepancy if that's the case. if kyobo has sold out and the yes24 index is 80-100k, which is HIGHER than it was for gd/top. man i hope kvips call on monday and force them to fix it. i heard the same thing happened to jyj and 2pm, and those got fixed at the urging of fans. taeyang's didn't.

The 80-100k isn't a verified amount since it's just based on the post of a KVIP in bestiz so I won't consider it as entirely sold. If I can find the bestiz post, I'll post it here (kinda hard right now to find because BS 2011 posts pushed it several pages back). That entire amount wouldn't have been counted in Hanteo since Hanteo doesn't count all the albums sold but only 60 % of it. And they tend to count per shipment of retailers to the buyers as well.

However, there was an explanation posted here from flibbert's 6theory post that the sales index of Big Bang's album is actually higher than GD & TOP for Yes24 (one of the 3 main retailers from which Hanteo gets its figures) which is why KVIPs were confused with how the sales were reflected in Hanteo. Also, Interpark, another retailer posted news that Big Bang's album is a best seller for the week.

I'll try to find these posts again. But, of course, we should always give some room for doubt on what's being posted since Hanteo is a really trusted source for album sales. We never know if it's an error or if Big Bang's album isn't really doing as well as we'd think. Plus we should also take into account that GD & TOP's album was really huge for a week's sales.

But Kyobo did sell out for the 1st batch of their stocks for Big Bang albums.

Anyway, like @juangbb said, we have to give it a week more before we really worry. For now, let's enjoy the SBS show in less than 12 hours. :D

EDIT: @omgshinshin there were several articles that came out about the Itunes ranking mostly saying that Big Bang received surprising interest from the US. And that Big Bang has become global or something to that effect. They talked to a YG rep who said even they were surprised with the ranking and that this is their best record yet. You can do a quick search in naver on Big Bang and you'll see several articles with SCAPs of the itunes ranking.

Guest omgshinshin

The Big Bang that the general Korean public fell in love with is not the one who did more hip hop, it's the Lies/Haru-haru Big Bang that the Korean public fell in love with. And Lies nor Haru Haru are "more hip hop". Actually, Always minialbum was slammed by the more 'purist' fans to be a total disappointment as the 'hiphop feel' was not that prominent anymore. But look where the change brought them? Song of the Year award in 2007.

Pure-ish Hip-Hop Big Bang was the one that the Korean critics predicted to fail and disband after a year, actually.

And the GDTOP album wasn't even hip hop as in hip hop.

Anyways, I never really trusted Hanteo, like, seriously.

I don't really care much for the charts in Korea, like seriously. The quality of the music is more important but this comeback is HUGE. Remember when a 'reporter' wrote about 'Big Bang losing their touch' when a day after Taeyang's Solar was released, it didn't sell that well. Then they shut up when it charted on iTunes.

i heard the same thing happened to jyj and 2pm, and those got fixed at the urging of fans. taeyang's didn't.

EXACTLY.

So far, it's all been praises from the music critics. And the digital charts says a lot of things as well.

However, Hanteo. I am side-eyeing you right now. I mean, last year? and 2009 with GD? Pshyeah.

You know what I hate? That people think highly of GDA and thinks it's so 'legit' when it only counts Hanteo sales and Hanteo doesn't even reflect the accurate sales anyway. Like, seriously.

Whatever, it's business.

Hope things will settle down tomorrow. VIPs are fierce right now. This comeback is important to all of us and they can't just sit back and let errors like these happen.

Lol, look at me, I don't really care about the sales, more on the impression that the sales might give others.

Also, any news on what the Korean media thinks about Big Bang charting on iTunes?

Guest doublehh03

The 80-100k isn't a verified amount since it's just based on the post of a KVIP in bestiz so I won't consider it as entirely sold. If I can find the bestiz post, I'll post it here (kinda hard right now to find because BS 2011 posts pushed it several pages back). That entire amount wouldn't have been counted in Hanteo since Hanteo doesn't count all the albums sold but only 60 % of it. And they tend to count per shipment of retailers to the buyers as well.

However, there was an explanation posted here from flibbert's 6theory post that the sales index of Big Bang's album is actually higher than GD & TOP for Yes24 (one of the 3 main retailers from which Hanteo gets its figures) which is why KVIPs were confused with how the sales were reflected in Hanteo. Also, Interpark, another retailer posted news that Big Bang's album is a best seller for the week.

I'll try to find these posts again. But, of course, we should always give some room for doubt on what's being posted since Hanteo is a really trusted source for album sales. We never know if it's an error or if Big Bang's album isn't really doing as well as we'd think. Plus we should also take into account that GD & TOP's album was really huge for a week's sales.

But Kyobo did sell out for the 1st batch of their stocks for Big Bang albums.

Anyway, like @juangbb said, we have to give it a week more before we really worry. For now, let's enjoy the SBS show in less than 12 hours. :D

true, we should see what their weekly sales are. gd/top first week sales was great, but it didn't rival old big bang first week sales. i read that jyj and 2pm had the same problems with hanteo and their fans had to call them to fix it. so hopefully this is simply another instance.

besides the point, its great to see others woke up yesterday early expecting to stream sbs but found out it's actually the next day. lol

Guest kimmiemai

true, we should see what their weekly sales are. gd/top first week sales was great, but it didn't rival old big bang first week sales. i read that jyj and 2pm had the same problems with hanteo and their fans had to call them to fix it. so hopefully this is simply another instance.

besides the point, its great to see others woke up yesterday early expecting to stream sbs but found out it's actually the next day. lol

Comparing to JYJ and 2PM isn't the best idea actually. JYJ sold around 100k+ last year. On the other hand 2PM had history/rumor of JYP buying their CD. Either way, both 2PM mini album combined last year barely made 100k. Big Bang is expected higher sale.

The low Hanteo sale could be the effect of YG took preorder on e-store way before physical release. Whether people prefer buying online or walk to nearby store to grab a copy is another thing.

My concern is actually the longevity of the digital sale. The ranks looked awesome, but I was checking on Melon's top 3 real time graph. It's not high as I expected for a new song :( ->> http://img64.imageshack.us/i/melonv.png/

Regardless, can't wait for their comeback. Totally love 'Cafe' <3

Guest sakime-yong

Chill guys! :D

No need to argue or I don't know if it is the right term :)

THIS JUST EXPLAINS THAT WE ARE WORRIED AND CARED FOR THE BOYS NOT JUST FOR NEGATIVITY.

^ and it is right that we didn't want again some horrible and harsh comments for the boys that they are losing their touch.etc coming from the media or the general public in Korea.

That is why some of us worrying and kept wondering about the sales and charts.

Not just doubting, I know we also want our BOYS for their hardwork will be paid :)

On the brighter side that even some "fans" would say some disappointment on BB Ma but still They have tons of Fans or VIP's who will stay strong and support them :wub:

CHILLAX!!! ;)

We all love BIG BANG

Archived