★彡yg ♪♬♪ The Official Big Bang [빅뱅] Thread ver. 2

Guest the7REAL.

Guest shinhdeplol

[TRANS] Other than making MVs, why BIGBANG went to America? (110211)

There are only about two weeks then BIGBANG will comeback with their ‘Bigshow’ after their more-than-2-year hiatus. Their leaving for America on 7th has really arouse our attention.

It seems that they embarked the journey because they have to film the MVs of the songs in their brand new album. A staff of YGE revealed that they are now preparing MVs which are in different styles from those in the past. In order to capture the natural beauty of the scenery as most as possible and jump out of the mundane framework of a MV, they have chosen America to film them.

However, if we take a look at the schedule of their America journey, we can then conclude that they are not only going there to film the MVs. Since YGE has planned that BIGBANG and 2NE1 should advance into the overseas market the soonest in this year, it has invited famous American musicians to take part in their music production since last year and the frequency is getting higher and higher.

On the day that BIGBANG departed, the world class musicians, DJ of Black Eyed Peas and DJ Poet came to Korea to help producing the album of 2NE1. It also signifies an important step of YGE’s advancing into the overseas market.

The president of YGE also said, "we have been actively supporting the collaboration between our artists and the overseas producers, there are many American Hip Hop musicians who like BIGBANG and 2NE1. I have also been taking advice from them."

‘BIGSHOW’ will be held from 25-27 in Seoul Olympic Park. Different from other idol groups, they would not comeback on TV channels but in their ‘BIGSHOW’. Such kind of dedication to their concerts and the high quality of the shows are the specialties of BIGBANG.

In this way, BIGBANG do not only film their MVs in America but are also having meetings with their potential partners in making music and as the same time, they are also discussing their direction and strategy of advancing into the America market.

Source: Osen

Chinese Translation: 小7 @GDFW

English Translation: Rice@BigbangWORLD

(please take OUT with full credits!^^)

• Replies 42.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

omg that's such great news. I knew

Big Bang will one day advance. Considering all the fans

here in America. It's strange how if you ask anyone here in the states

whether they know any Korean stars, the names they give would be Big Bang, 2ne1,

SNSD, Taeyang, and a few others. I get so happy knowing that I'm not alone.hahah.

I think Big Bang has a really high chance in surviving the American market. I hope it's true

that they are trying to advance! I support them 110%!xD.

Dream High is getting a lot of attention and since the premise of the shows are similar, maybe it's a good sign that What's up will do better. Because I'm such a fangirling big bang lover, i really hope Whats Up does even better!

It's such a shame that we get close to no news about it. Give me my korean glee! LOL

Phone calls on Taxi translation

Daesung: Hello?

Seungri: Hello

Daesung: Uh what is it?

Youngja: Daesung-shi

Daesung: Ah! Hello nuna!

Youngja: What is Seungri's position in the team?

Daesung: Seungri is like the seasoning

Youngja: So it doesn't matter whether he's there or not?

Daesung: Not quite the main dish but yeah...

(Laugh)

Youngja: Daesung-shi

Daesung: Yes

Youngja: After 'VVIP' and 'What Should I Do' was released, Seungri didn't get to hear your response. What are your honest feelings?

Daesung: I thought he did so well so 'what should I do'?

Youngja: Are those your honest feelings or for the broadcast?

Daesung: This is going on air right?

Youngja: Yes

Daesung: Then please use this one.

(Laugh)

Hyungjin: Then Daesung-shi, even though Seungri is doing so well is there anything you think he needs to fix?

Daesung: Isn't he revealing too many secrets about his hyungs?

Seungri: The same could be said about you people talking about me as well!

Daesung: But we're covering for it with our love

Youngja: Daesung-shi just one last question. Why do you think G-Dragon and TOP aren't answering their phones? We were using Seungri's phone to call them.

Daesung: Because of all the things he's done to them up till now...

(Laugh)

Youngja: So it's not because they're busy right?

Daesung: Yes they should be sufficiently awake if it's this time.

(Laugh)

Youngja: After we end this call we're going to call Taeyang. Do you think he'll answer?

Daesung: I can't guarantee it.

(Laugh)

Seungri: Hello?

Taeyang: Hello

Hyungjin: Taeyang-shi

Taeyang: Hello?

Hyungjin: Yes this is Gong Hyung Jin

Taeyang: Ah hello!

Youngja: Haha! His voice completely changed

Hyungjin: What sort of existence is Seungri for the team?

Taeyang: Seungri is like the endorphin for our team

Hyungjin: Endorphin?

Taeyang: Yeah

Hyungjin: What is something Seungri needs to fix?

Taeyang: Uh.. I think he wants to be good at too many things. I hope he'll let go of his greed and focus on just one area now.

Youngja: Taeyang-shi!

Taeyang: Yes

Youngja: I heard everyone is worried about Seungri whenever he goes out. Because of his mouth.

Taeyang: Yes, we get extremely worried.

Youngja: So far he's said nothing about Taeyang. After we end this call we're going to ask him about you.

Taeyang: Seungri.

Seungri: Yeah

Taeyang: I'm begging you. Please say things that are true.

Seungri: Hahaha. Of course I said things that are true. When have I ever...

Taeyang: You say things that are made up.

(Laugh)

Seungri: Ok see you later.

Taeyang: Ok

TOP: Hello?

Seungri: AH! TOP HYUNG!

TOP: Are you drunk?

Seungri: No I'm not drunk. I'm on a talk show called "Taxi".

TOP: B... broadcast?

Seungri: Yes

TOP: Ah... Hello

Hyungjin: Ah TOP-shi

TOP: Yes hello sunbaenim

Hyungjin: Where are you now?

TOP: I'm getting an injection of Ringer's solution

Hyungjin: Aigoo because you're tired... Honestly, have you ever avoided Seungri?

TOP: No I've never avoided him, but he doesn't usually call me...

(Laugh)

TOP: I'm a bit sad...

Hyungjin: Ah TOP-shi so, As a hyung, what does Seungri need to fix?

TOP: Consideration?

HyungJin: Consideration huh. So he's too used to receiving?

TOP: Yeah, so as Seungri goes out, when he meets people he's not familiar with. For us we know that Seungri doesn't mean any harm, but people that aren't familiar with him could misunderstand easily.

Hyungjin: Ah because there could be misunderstandings.

TOP: Yes.

Youngja: TOP, this is Lee Young Ja, I just want to ask one thing.

TOP: Yes hello sunbaenim

Youngja: Yes, TOP's relationships are movies, is what Seungri said. And hyung says that he doesn't like girls, but in reality he does. Are you really not interested in girls?

TOP: Ah but I'm still a 25 year old, and as a healthy Korean male of course I'm interested, but I try not to let myself get too careless.

Youngja: Ah of course, then what do you personally think of your relationship style? My love is in one word, like this...

TOP: Hmm well, I think I lose all reason, and tend to go all-in. I think I fall in love a lot.

Youngja: Ah my love is all-in. Then what do you think of Seungri? He said that his love is like Kim Joo Won. He gives a lot. If you were to describe Seungri's love what would it be?

TOP: I think he's the type that says that the main character of the drama he likes at the time is his sort of love.

(Laugh)

TOP: Sort of like an octopus.

Hyungjin: TOP-shi, after the "TOP TOP TOP" incident did Seungri change a bit?

TOP: Yesterday we were on the radio with Choi Hwa Jung sunbaenim, but she said that she saw the "TOP TOP TOP" thing, and Seungri said "His english name is TOP and isn't it weird to say hyung after that sunbaenim?"

(Laugh)

Youngja: Really? Did he really say that?

TOP: Yeah. Choi Hwa Jung sunbaenim said "Yeah, when you call him Seung Hyun it's right to call him hyung, but if it's an english name and you don't want to say hyung I think it's alright." And Seungri said "Of course! G-Dragon is just G-Dragon. And when I call TOP I just call him TOP".

(Laugh)

Youngja: When he said that what did you think?

TOP: Ah I've already given up so it's alright.

G-Dragon: Hello?

Seungri: Hello? Hyung where are you?

G-Dragon: Hyung... The hair shop...

Seungri: Ah hyung are you doing your hair?

G-Dragon: Yeah

Seungri: Hyung you seem very tired?

G-Dragon: Why?

Seungri: Ah hyung I'm filming a show called "Taxi" right now.

G-Dragon: Ah

Seungri: Hyung just a second

Youngja: Hello Dragon this is Lee Young Ja

G-Dragon: Yes hello nuna

Youngja: Did you see? I call him Dragon

(Laugh)

Youngja: G-Dragon answered the phone last

G-Dragon: I answered last?

Youngja: Yeah so we kept trying because it seemed like you were avoiding Seungri?

G-Dragon: No I wasn't avoiding him, but I didn't know I had received a call.

Youngja: Ah is that so. Apparently your relationship style is one where you'll write songs for the one you love.

G-Dragon: Did he say that?

Youngja: Yeah he said that.

G-Dragon: If Seungri says that it must be so...

(Laugh)

Youngja: Have you ever been caught by Seungri?

G-Dragon: I thought I'd never been caught by Seungri, but seeing that he knows that he must have caught me.

Youngja: Then as the leader Dragon what would you call Seungri's relationship style?

G-Dragon: Manly

Youngja: Dragon, I'll give the phone over to Seungri, so as the leader if there's anything worrying you about him please say it.

Seungri: Yes hyung.

G-Dragon: Yeah Seungri.. We're a team. Don't say anything stupid.

(Laugh)

G-Dragon: Whenever you go out the hyungs really worry.

(Laugh)

Seungri: Hyung, I couldn't cook the meat before right?

G-Dragon: Yeah

Seungri: I'm actually on my way to cook meat right now

G-Dragon: Yeah you need to cook this time, you need to get out there and cook something.

(Laugh)

Seungri: Ok hyung watch the broadcast and see how well I cook the meat.

G-Dragon: Alright

Seungri: Hyung it seems like you and all the members are worried a lot because I went on a talk show?

G-Dragon: Everything about you is worrying.

(Laugh)

Seungri: Anyway, thank you and see you later.

translated by: flibbertigibbet@6theory.com

Subbed version of the videos:

Seungri calls Daesung

Seungri calls Taeyang

Seungri calls TOP

Seungri calls GD

cr: ElectricLoveBB1@YT

Guest Banana Peel

BIG BANG in america, idk how to feel about that. of course I'm really happy that they're getting recognized highly by american artists, but at the same time, I just don't like the idea of korean artists debuting in America. I'm less worried for 2ne1 because they're a girl group. But for BB, since they're men, I don't think americans will think of them as anyone besides "gays" -_- (you know, those usual stupid comments).

But regardless of my personal opinions on that, if BB emerging into the american music industry IS true, then I shall still support them full on :)

Hi all :)

Actually this my very 1st time post in this thread...I was so happy when I found this thread because I LOVE Big Bang so much!!! :)

I can't believe that I just started to watched and listened to their MV and songs a week ago and I'm totally hooked with them!

So to be honest I'm such a newbie here..

Just wanna share some story of mine...previously I really don't want to hear any BB song because I'm not interested (I don't know why I was such a stupid back then!) and then I started to watch GD&TOP MV (Baby Good Night) and I was like "wowww they're freakingly good!!!" and one thing lead to another..so now I'm proud to say that I'm officially big fans of BB!!! :)

Just can't wait for their comeback...!! I know their comeback will be a big hit! I even read that lots of singer postpone their comeback because of BB!! so proud of them!!! :)

Have a great day everyone! Once again thank you for letting me join in this thread :)

Guest doublehh03

BIG BANG in america, idk how to feel about that. of course I'm really happy that they're getting recognized highly by american artists, but at the same time, I just don't like the idea of korean artists debuting in America. I'm less worried for 2ne1 because they're a girl group. But for BB, since they're men, I don't think americans will think of them as anyone besides "gays" -_- (you know, those usual stupid comments).

But regardless of my personal opinions on that, if BB emerging into the american music industry IS true, then I shall still support them full on :)

realistically, the ONLY korean artist that can debut in america is taeyang. he actually makes american style music. the only thing stopping him is his english. but if her perfects his english, he can really make a name for himself.

big bang will struggle b/c they're a "boy band" and the boy band phase is over in america. other groups have no chance. absolutely none.

idol groups ain't well receptive over here, esp manufactured ones.

Hi all :)

Actually this my very 1st time post in this thread...I was so happy when I found this thread because I LOVE Big Bang so much!!! :)

I can't believe that I just started to watched and listened to their MV and songs a week ago and I'm totally hooked with them!

So to be honest I'm such a newbie here..

Just wanna share some story of mine...previously I really don't want to hear any BB song because I'm not interested (I don't know why I was such a stupid back then!) and then I started to watch GD&TOP MV (Baby Good Night) and I was like "wowww they're freakingly good!!!" and one thing lead to another..so now I'm proud to say that I'm officially big fans of BB!!! :)

Just can't wait for their comeback...!! I know their comeback will be a big hit! I even read that lots of singer postpone their comeback because of BB!! so proud of them!!! :)

Have a great day everyone! Once again thank you for letting me join in this thread :)

Oh, hi ..

Welcome to the thread (but I'm also new to this thread) and welcome to the BB family.

Like you, I started listening to Big Bang songs not long ago, like August or September last year after I started to watch Family Outing with our cutest and sweetest Dae in it.  I am now so much addicted to Big Bang and Dae especially.

Guest wanderlove

Big Bang in America?

As a fan I am happy and ecstatic about this but then there are factors that is making me hesitate with their plan. Yes, their music can be ventured here in America but then we know how fast the music industry here change.. The songs from 3 or 4 years ago is not so popular now.. And to be able to be popular and be notice by the American public, they have to ride what is popular here now... And the music/songs/lyrics are so different from the ones they have been singing in S.Korea and somewhat in Japan. I don't want them to ride what's popular in here, which is sexual songs which I find disgusting.. Yes, BB somewhat sings that kind of songs in Japan and/or their solo ventures but they are so tame compared to here..

Also, they have been so busy for the past few years as it is, I don't want them to take another route which will further make them busier that they'll make another Korean comeback like 3 or 4 years later.. I am happy that new people will know about them if they venture some place else, 70-30 chance that they will like or just ridicule them.. I don't want that to happen to them...

Another thing, even though the artists or the company is ready to throw them to the big guns, I don't think America is ready for Asian Artists, we all know that their are asian artists in here, but then they grew up here, they consider themselves somewhat Americans and also riding what is popular here.. We saw what happened to other Korean artists who tried to knock off the big wall of America and debuted here.. Se7en tried with his popularity and fans back then, but he still failed...Rain with his popularity and fans as well, and then there's the publicity with the magazine and an American host (??), and still he wasn't able to break it all the way through.. and then the Wonder Girls, although they are still trying but how many years now?

But if BB themselves liked and agreed to that idea, try their chance here in America, then I will gladly support them how I supported them in everything they have done and what else they want to do.. These are just my concerns for BB as a fan and I want to voice it out.

but...but..but..

14 days 'til their comeback!!!

OMG, what is my life going to be like when they do release their album, an mv and every performance & promotions they will have. AHHH!!! w00t.gifw00t.gifw00t.gif

Guest GDBABYBABY

America , I think it's not yet!

BIGBANG will get acception if they do somthing different from boyband's look.

I think TY GD TOP can pull it out but as much as I love them I think daesang and seungri still have the boy band's look which the racist always call them GAY. and they have to be more mature and more unique as like FEM have done or Black eyes peas have done too.

I think they can go to america if they can totally be more artistic than they used to be.

BOYBAND was over in US but if they can pull out something special , I think they can set the new trend and Bring the boyband period back , UK's boybands reunited a lot last year and I can smell something that if they wait a period , get more experience and more mature I think they can success and make BIGBANG period as they want.

but yes, it's not now!

Big Bang promoting in America? :crazy:  NO. They definitely are not ready. I'm not really worried about their music style cause I think with the help of Teddy and other American producers from outside the company they would be able to appeal to American taste. However until they can get really familiarized with English  language meaning without the heavy accent,  they don't even need to think about a US advancement.

@ dezadee.

Welcome

Better late than never right? ;). I've also gone through times when I just really didn't want to give a particular artist a chance for whatever silly reason but later found out what I was missing and really wanted to slap myself. So I get where your coming from with that. Well happy postings! ....lol didn't know how the hell to finish this sentence off, hope it sounds right

Kensington, Las Vegas. :w00t: Don't even know where that is but I'm happy!!! :D

Guest juang_bb

^^i guess all of you guys have voiced out pretty much the same concerns as i have with BB actually making a debut in the US. i dont doubt their talent at all, it is the American Market that's actually in question. I dont mind BIGBANG having a concert tour in the US though... gahhdd! we've been waiting! they can probably try releasing an "international album" with more dedicated promotions than what YB did, which was just in Korea, to cater to their growing international fanbase, and take it from there and see how it goes. but whatver... for as long as it is their own decision, that's the direction they want to take then as a fan, I WILL SUPPORT THEM 100%. not to sound "elitist" again or anything, but Korea is too small of a playground now for Big Bang, the korean market, though its rapidly changing and no one can really tell how successful they'll still be in the future, it just doesnt pose as much of a challenge for the boys anymore. they can focus in Japan, but their music isnt really fit in Japan and everyone's there now. well, i dunno if im still making sense...all i know is i will be supporting these boys with whatever decisions they make.

w00t.gifLESS THAN 2 WEEKS TO GO VIPS!!! w00t.gif

top.jpg

Kpopmotion.com is giving away 2010 Tae Yang Solar Concert (2-DVD + CD + Poster in Tube) (First Press Limited Edition) (Korea Version) Prize Pack!

Here is the Description of the Contest.

This is our very first ( and not the last ) official contest onKpopMotion.com, and we are extremely excited about it! The rules are simple, “LIKE” the official KpopMotion Facebook Page, and you’ll be qualified to win! That Simple! ( You can click “Like” in the Sidebar ) We will randomly choose 2 lucky winners to get the complete prize pack! The winners will be announced on March 1st, 2011 on the Facebook Page.  

Seungri TVN Taxi

finkling

February 10th, 16:57

lols so I watched the snippets of his calls (those are up with translations already so I won't detail on them but OMFG LOVEEE) and downloaded the full version and I'm watching the full version right now. Probably not going to do a blog post for this one but I had to put these ones out there (will keep updating as I watch):

Seungri: You know when interviewers ask if I have a girlfriend and I say stuff like "No, because I have my fans!" Yeah... that's all a lie.

Interviewers: LOL

Me: Y U NO LET ME CONTINUE MY ILLUSIONS

Seungri: Yang Hyun Suk President usually doesn't compliment very much so that I can keep improving.

Interviewers: Were there any instances where the president complimented you?

Seungri: Two times. The first time, when Big Bang had a performances with Lee Hyori with U-Go-Girl in Seungri style, YHS said I did the best. I couldn't really control my face because he said it in front of all the staff. So after that, I got an opportunity with Strong Baby.

Interviewers: And the second time?

Seungri: In the YG Family Concert, his wife Lee Eunjoo noona came. So as an adlib (he did the YHS parody), just with his same voice, I said "Eunjoo, I love you." So with that.... the opportunity for VVIP came.

Interviewers: LOOLOLLOL

Seungri: I heard a lot of criticisms like a kid trying to seem like an adult. So I thought, it can't continue like this. I must meet a girl. So... I went to a night club. But I got really unlucky and messed up. Do you know 1tym's Song Baekyung? Well, someone called him and said "Hey, isn't Seungri in your company? He's at a nightclub right now." This was still when YHS was living with him so...

Interviewers: OMG [lol srs best explanation for their reaction]

Seungri: So he [YHS] lined all of the Big Bang members up and said, "anyone who thinks they did something wrong, step in front of the line." And for some reason... TOP hyung followed me over the line.

Interviewers: LOLWUT

Seungri: I think YHS was confused/embarrassed, because he was only supposed to scold me. So he said... "Tabi... just go in there for a moment." Then he turned to me and scolded me and said "what do you think you did wrong?" I answered honestly with "I went to a ball [lol this is the literal translation, but just think of it as a dance night club]. I did it for the experience." So I said it won't happen again, etc. It ended like that. I still don't know what he did wrong.

He also talks about how he was super thankful for GD's 30-line message criticizing Seungri's comeback stage and nearly cried because he saw how much GD cared for him

Lol I think he's also having a bromance with that Choi Tae Joon guy lols. Seungri gets to be the hyung in the relationship now. Choi Tae Joon is the guy he ate with in Took! 1 (and with whom Seungri said kind of abused lols, he learns from the best... cough GD) and went to Disney Sea with. Apparently that was who Seungri was talking to when he said "TOP TOP TOP!" without the "hyung" because Choi Tae Joon always can't hear what he's saying. Seungri goes on a rampage yelling at Choi Tae Joon in the taxi saying it's his fault he has a weird concept now while the interviewers are like LOL. He calls Choi Tae Joon and the guy clears the incident up. So funny lol.

He also mentions that it's not fair how his hyungs reveal everything embarrassing about Seungri but Seungri gets scolded when he says stuff about the hyungs. After that the interviewers ask about what GD said about him and he says that GD always said "Seungri keeps taking my clothes." Seungri says "but now... it's turned around, he keeps coming into my closet and taking my clothes. I felt good/proud/heartwarmed about it because I used to copy him all the time and now he acknowledges some of my style..." Yes.. the roles have reversed in this relationship, ahahaha.

OMG LOL and they ask about Japan stuff and Seungri says "one time, the director told us to look through the magazine and if we wanted to meet any of the models, just pick. TOP was flipping through the magazine and said... 'this one [he says "friend" but it's kind of used as one], this one, this one, and this one....' So I said 'hyung! You said you had no interest in women!' and he said 'I mean... this person has a good style." Lolok TOP, we totally believe you.

Aw... they also go to the spot where Seungri used to sleep crouching and stuff while he waited for the bus and stuff. He went back and forth about 200 times from Gwangju to Seoul. He talks about how he lent like 3 manwon (like $25-$30) to a stranger and for the guy to pay him back later but the guy never contacted him back. Oh Seungri... you were one naive 15 year old. Apparently he really wanted to eat eggs when he was hungry waiting hahaha. And apparently sometimes there weren't tickets to Gwangju so he had to sleep at some bench/corner thing. He shows us where/how. Seungri also says he was going to give up, but he thought of his parents... and decided not to.

cr: finkling@livejournal.com

Guest shinhdeplol

[TRAN] Seungri, 'I produced the songs out of my self-esteem' (110211)

vvip.png

Lyrics writer, song composer, producer and controller are all the blanks that you can find Seungri’s name in his 1st mini album (VVIP). This is also because of this, the meaning of this album to him is different from that of ‘Strong Baby’. Seungri is different from his fellow YG members who have been ‘baptised’ by music when they were small like Gdragon and Taeyang, his starting line is just not the same as his brothers. Therefore, he has to stand at the positions that others assign him. So, what are the challenges that he has to face in doing this solo album? Although he always seems to be so confident on the stage, we want to know whether he has ever felt afraid when he looked back at the songs that are produced by himself.

Reporter: Today, while you were filming ‘SHOW! MUSIC BANK’ (29-1), you said to fans, ‘you guys have come!’ You really know how to elevate the emotion of your fans!

Seungri: First, I know that my fans had to wait for a long time to see me, if they had waited for 5/6 years but I just left after I finished my performance, then I bet they would have been very disappointed. I myself would be unhappy too. Although they came to see my stage, I also want to let them to see the side that would not be captured by the camera. Therefore, I would tell them some jokes and ask them things like, ‘today is cold, right? Please cheer for me together! And give me strength!’ etc. I think in this way, they would think that they are close to me. ‘I want my fans to feel that they are enjoying a show as grand as that in Las Vegas’

Reporter: Comparing with ‘STRONG BABY’, do you think it is more comfortable when you are performing the songs which are composed by yourself?

Seungri: Yes, I do think that I sing them with more ease. If we say that ‘STRONG BABY’ is a song that Gdragon let me to have a ‘try’, if I had sung it badly, he would have changed another one for me. Then, the songs of this album are all suitable for me to deliver and easier when I have to sing them. In fact, I think if the songs are not like these, I cannot be concentrated on my performance very easily. Aren’t the songs which are easy to catch and comfortable to ears belong to ourselves? Although the key of ‘What do you want’ is a bit high(laugh), I still have a lot of ideas in my head of how to do more variations so the performances would not be mundane. In this generation of people’s changing their cell phones once every month, if I perform every week in the same way, there would be people complaining, ‘what? He is so boring.’ That’s why I think that if I add some variations to my each performance, people would be more anticipated to my performances. So I always add some changes to my choreography and stage actions from time to time, like today, I have made more use of the stage in order to make a funnier stage. Originally, we have to stay in the middle of the stage then start together. But after communicating with the backstage dancers hyuns, then we decided they stood on this side then I would walk form there to join them. In this way, the whole stage has been altered.

Reporter: For BIGBANG, instead of 100 % following the routine choreography, you guys prefer a freer stage on which you can play and enjoy yourselves.

Seungri: We don’t have fixed routine to follow since we are not required to dance this here and perform that there. If we think there is something wrong, then we would delete that step or switch to other spaces to perform. Therefore, no matter we are the performers or the audience, we would find the stage interesting. And our dancers would be happier too. For the cameramen and other staff, they would ponder how the stage would be today and how they can capture them, etc, in this way, they would be concentrated as well.

Reporter: Instead of saying it is a choreography, it is better to say you are doing some arts performances. ‘VVIP’ includes a lot of visual elements which are like the Black people of 1930s who performed in the America shows. Your performances are really grand, don’t you think so?

Seungri:In this kind of shows, like the grand shows in Las Vegas, people would do special sound effects in order to create a tense feelings. In ‘VVIP, I want to convey a message about ‘Seungri wants to invite you to enter his world, so you can be his VVIP’. In order to create such kind of space and imagination, we have added a lot of variations to the song, there are a grand opening, some rap lyrics, then I would sing too. It is just like a musical. I have been working hard to impress you with the song.

Reporter: The intense drum rolls at the beginning has created an intimidating feeling to us.

Seungri: I like the songs of Justin Timberlake, especially the guitar solo part (the sounds of ZAZAZAZA) of ‘Like I Love You’ so I wish my songs can also convey such kind of feelings. The hyuns who wrote this song composed the melody with a part of ‘DANDANDANDANDAN’, I like it so I keep it. However, comparing with the synthesized sounds, I would rather use the real music. There are times that the synthesized sounds would make you feel tedious so we have invited the famous overseas drummers to play this part in the song.

Reporter: We are curious about the whole process of the production of your album. We can see names like Choi Feel-Kang, DEE.P and BIG TONE, etc scattered in the list of the producers.

Seungri: If I was the only one to compose the songs and write the lyrics, then only the music that I like would have been included in the album. It would be just the music that I like and I produced. It is not be good enough since only I would feel good about it. ‘Want to promote the music of Sungari’s color’

Reporter: So, in this way, you have asked a lot of people to help in producing the album.

Seungri: Because there were so many composers and producers in producing the album, I felt afraid. I do not quite know about music, it is the 1st time that I have ever come into close contact to see how music is produced ever since I was debuted. It has been a long time that I only do what Gdragon told me. Gdragon has been producing all the music and said to me, ‘come and record your part.’ After recording, I have done my part. Then, others would call me, ‘come and practise your dancing now.; then,I have done my job too. In the past, I only did what others told me to. In this time, I had to participate in more parts so I always asked, are any amendments

Needed there? Are they good enough?’ I had to ask a lot since I don’t have good knowledge of music.’

Reporter: Even you are not confident enough, you still wrote your own lyrics. What is the reason behind?

Seungri: My self-esteem. At the very beginning, the president wanted me to produce a digital single of ‘What do you want’. However, after hearing it, possibly because he thought that is nice, then he asked me to look for more songs so I can release an album. He did not intend me to make songs myself, he just meant that I had to find Teddy Hyun but since I am not that close to him, I did not have enough courage to ask him to do me a flavour. I thought he would say, ‘this boy wouldn’t come to me unless he has needs.’ (laugh) If I had known that I would be able to release a solo album, I would have worked hard ever since 3 years ago.(laugh together). I also thought of asking KUSH hyun to do me a flavour but his health was not in a very good condition so it was not good to do so. Ah… Trouble came. I had to figure it out myself. Therefore, I wanted to do my own music and cooperated with the newly joined composer hyuns. We have been collaborating with each other well.

Reporter: What do you mean by ‘collaborating with each other well’?

Seungri: We are all blood type A people. (laugh together). The two producer hyuns, Choi Feel-Kang and DEE.P are especially in good terms with me. When I asked, ‘what kind of blood type are you?’ ‘A!’ ‘How about this hyun?’ ‘A!’That’s why we are so close to each other. We understand and respect each other, we give up what we think we should and accept what we think we have to . After communicating with each other in this way, the songs were produced in a very short period of time. All of the songs were made in less than a week’s time. There was a week that we made 3 songs, ‘VVIP’, ‘WHITE LOVE’ and ‘OUTRO (INTO MY WORLD’.

Reporter: So you have already thought of the basic melody in your head beforehand?

Seungri: No, I had just sung the melody with the piano once before, then we knew whether it is good enough or not. But through this kind of work, I understand I want to make my own music. I think like this sometime, why I only did my own music until I had to produce this album? I think I am the person who can make music and the eagerness of going on the stage to perform is growing stronger and stronger. If ‘Strong Baby’is said to serve as the purpose of gaining fame for me, then this time, I would like people to know the music of my colours.

Source: 10Asia

Chinese Translation: A+ @Baidu Seungri Bar

English Translation: Rice @BigbangWORLD (please take out with full credits!^^)

I think theres a mistranslation, Seungri didnt shoot for Music Bank.

Apart from that, it is an enjoyable interview :D

Guest shinhdeplol

[TWITTER] Taeyang update his twitter from Kensington, Las Vegas! (110211)

picture6gx.jpg

239247448.jpg

^ The location of their house???? :w00t:

Source: RealTaeyang@Twitter

Shared by Mira@BigbangWORLD

Guest whatsernamofsuburbia

My friends went out looking for them tonight and found them doing a photoshoot at the Bellagio. :)

They got Taeyangs and Seungri's signature.

Thought I should let you guys know.

Guest blank_blank_cuti3

^^^ WOAH, that's awesome! Now, I'm even more excited for their comeback!

Kensington has alot of new built houses (some have 6 beds and 3 floors too) so I guess they did rent out a house there?! But man, how did you guys even got their address?! LOL...that's kinda creepy! Now, everybody's gonna knock on their house! HAHAHA...

Anyways, for America debut, I'm the same with everybody, I don't doubt their talents, but I'd rather them not advancing into America b/c the music industry isn't ready for Asians in general...seeing how Se7en's promotion was handle in the US, I'm even more protective of the boys...seriously, when YG will make an annoucement for their America debut, I'll be the first to say no cuz I think they're fine just doing Korea and Japan already (although not really cuz Japan promotions are also messed up alot)...<___> Korea and Japan are already too much on their hands already so please no America...

Archived