★彡yg ♪♬♪ The Official Big Bang [빅뱅] Thread ver. 2

Guest the7REAL.

Guest toozdae08

OK. If you guys have a problem with a member or any complaint, please do not just RANT in the thread but PM either the member you have a problem with or a mod.

It is rude to start cursing at another member and makes the whole thread and all BB fans look bad.

THIS IS A WARNING TO ALL MEMBERS - CURSING AT/ATTACKING OTHER MEMBERS WILL NOT BE TOLERATED.

It doesn't matter how justified you feel, please handle differences of opinions in a better and more mature way. There's no point in cursing, it'll just get your post removed and you warned.

• Replies 42.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest GDBABYBABY

about the boys in JAPAN.

I think there're so many reasons that make them not that much poppular.

1. The flow , when they start the first single , u can see that they got so much welcome and being in a flow. They prepared the concert in BUDOKAN within 4 months, But before that , Daesang got an accident, GD went back to korea and promote his solo album , then Japan promotion stopped for long time and the concert was posponed.

2. the songs . Bigbang's japan songs are out of the mainstream, I heard some of producer in japan said that it's amazing to see the boyband which make the song and trying not to care only for the sales. they make the song in club dance style , which is not poppular among japan people which love the cute song and easy to sing along in the mainstream.

3.they promote themself in the term of Idol-artist.

someone told me about the rule of oricon chart that was devided in 2 mainstream. First is for Idol, the idols can get a lot of sale numbers even they have only a large group of fans, not for the whole country. Second is Artist, this is not the first in oricon sale , but they can make loyal fan, they can make a lot of fans group, not only teenage but also different ages, it depend on the quality to make the large or small fans in each groups.

And our BB are in the gap of those two styles , they're not present themself only in the term of idol but not good enough to be called in the full term of artist, becuz they're not good in japanese to make the song themself as they did in korea , they had many people to make one song, and that's mean the style of the song couldn't represent themself that much. Although , They can get a lot of awards within a year , best new comer and too much, that's mean they can get an acception from japanese media and the fans.

4.they are not follow the rule of Japanese song (they release PV before the song, and sometime they release the song before PV, but in japan they need to release them at the same time) and they're not good enough in japanese language. (there're many discussion about the english lyrics in their songs. japanese are not good in english as much as korean and doesn't want too much eng lyrics in the songs)

5.the boy need to do variety show , it's important in japan becuz The success would come if they appear on much more media, and the song will be the most popular if it's the animation soundtrack.

6. In japan, the girls can reach to the top easier than the boys.becuz japan had too much boy group in japan style( TVXQ also take a long time for this, but they need to stay there and concentrate a lot) , boy group in japan can do everything not focus only for the music. About the fan support ,Otaku boy in japan can pay so much to buy everything for their girl idol and cartoon, but japan girls prefer to pay for fashion and make up.

In my opinion , I think they did well in japan , only one thing they hadn't get is the large sale number. but they got so much award and a number of loyal fans . Okay, it's not that much, but i think it's also not that bad.

(In seoul tokyo music award, the boys had a lot of fans there , more than kara who can sale better.)

(my english isn't good. sorry, if i type somthin wrong)

Guest peppermintsugar

Is it weird that one of the reasons I adore TOP is much is because he's literally like, one of the worst dancers ever? LOL. He makes it funny and adorable though so you can't even be mad<3

Guest Michala01

^^^ 

literally spat my coffee out @ those gifs. Fail dancing TOP is the best thing ever. laugh.gif

Praying to god we get some news this week. 

LOL, he broke the earphones? That's so cute. I love Seung Ri, GD and TOP's suprised reaction and immediate laughter. <3

In my opinion, they are considerable successful in japan but it just pales in comparison to how popular they are in Korea and that's why most of us are concerned. I really like what GDBABYBABY had to say.

haha, aw man. I just love TOP. We both have two left feets! haha. I love how he's so stiff sometimes when it comes to dancing. And the cool thing is, no one's complaining! Everyone loves what he does . haha. But you know, I can't say TOP is the worst when it comes to dancing, because ANY DAY, ANY TIME, ANY WHERE, TOP can beat me at dancing. Even if it's what he's doing up there ^. haha. XD

Anyways, I"ve been following the post you guys have been posting about Big Bang in Japan. And I have to say, I agree with everyone's opinion. I really do love ALMOST every song Big Bang has released. Does that make me a robot?? hehe, I hope not. I don't think I'm blindly loving any song they release. There are a few songs that I had to get used too. For example, Let me Hear your voice, and believe it or not, LIES AND HEARTBREAKER. [Not a BB song, but yeah. XD]

It's strange for me to HAVE TO admit this but it's true. When I was a little girl, like 4th grade, my sister introduced me to the kpop world. You know, Shinhwa, click b, HOT, etc. Then she left to college about 2 years later and bye bye KPOP world. I didn't have internet and I was still so little!! XD Once recently, like a year ago, was I able to access the internet. Yes, I'm lame, I didn't not have internet until my sophomore year of highschool! Anyways, the first BB song I heard was We Belong Together. I really liked the song, especially Bom's part. My sister then started making me listen to some of BB song's and showing me there MV's. The second song she showed me was LIES. And this is shameful for me to admit, but I did not like Lies. That is, not until my sister bought the REAL Concert DVD and after I watched the concert a million times did I find to love all BB songs. And from there, I manage to get my way here! hehe.

As for heartbreaker, I didn't like it at first. I liked Gossip Man though. haha. But yeah, back to Heartbreaker, I don't know, I guess I just never gave it a chance. Old habits die hard eh?? But yeah, nevertheless, I still bought GD's album to support him. ^^ And after sitting down and actually listening to it, I find myself to really like the song. I guess I'm just a really mean person who needs to take second glances at everything. XD

For Let Me Hear Your Voice, let's just conclude that I am CRAZY! XD I don't know why but I just had to adjust to this song. It's crazy because I absolutely love Stay and Tell Me Goodbye. 

So yeah, I said all that, just to say, that I love Big Bang and the songs they release but not all of them get right to me. After a few listens, I begin to appreciate it. ^^ As for Big Bang's promotions in Japan, I agree with everyone that they aren't doing great, but neither is it bad. I believe that Big Bang is working hard in Japan, because to get anything done, it requires work. I believe that one of the reasons why Big Bang isn't the most famous boy band in Japan is because they're genre is different from that of the japanese groups. I find that japanese people are interested in things like anime. Am I wrong? And if I am, this is merely a opinion so don't jump me. XD

I see that Big Bang jumps around alot. Their type of music changes from here to there but I just think that that is what they do. They're risk takers. They're willing to try new things. I mean, Kwon Leadah didn't just wake up thinking, "Hm, everyone likes this hip hop gangster style. I"m going to wear the same thing again today.' No, he didn't. He wouldn't be a fashionsta would he then? Ji Yong wears some of the craziest things. hehe, but that's what he do, he's willing to try new things. And that's what he brings into big bang.

Kwon Leadah leads in front and the Big Bang members pushes him in the back. :)

Okay, so that's my opinion. I'm sorry that's it's poorly written but I have issues expressing myself properly. hehe, and I mean, I have issues expressing my love for the boys. I guess it's because of my surroundings. I do not have friends at school to spazz about Big Bang and sometimes, I don't have the time to follow everything Big Bang do. Man, I feel like such a horrible fan. I feel like the lowest of the Big Bang fans. I mean, EVEN ANTIS PROBABLY KNOW MORE THAN I DO. T_T I don't feel worthy to love Big Bang. But nevertheless, I hope Big Bang and VIPs would still accept me as a fan. :)

Guest stardaisy212

188580795.jpg?AWSAccessKeyId=0ZRYP5X5F6FSMBCCSE82&Expires=1289014263&Signature=dD8VDtrIZNObVvM6x6a9IO0kVJs%3D

" 공연장 주위에 그득했던 빅뱅 일본팬들~ 이들은 옷을 맞춰입고 오기로 했었나보다~ @ SAITAMA SUPER ARENA"

Managers

188575069.jpg?AWSAccessKeyId=0ZRYP5X5F6FSMBCCSE82&Expires=1289014484&Signature=4bTGQyiF%2FOkC8qw6dHrbsu21VBo%3D

"늘 고생이 많은 홍보실;; 이 사진은.. 정말 절정이닷;; @ SEOUL TOKYO MUSIC FESTIVAL 2010"

lol the managers are bored as bb are performing XD

is the managers in order of top/bb, tae,seungri, gd or dae (cant tell from the last two lol)

i want the other managers to get twitters as well :D

Credits to @_minim_

the hoodies are very cute :D

Guest juang_bb

^^^ the Big Bang hoodies are so nice!!! I WANT!!!

and also, the pic of their managers, i think it's TOP's, YB's, SR's, then DS -- i remember that cutest face in YG after Dara lol :lol: i dont know who the guy in glasses is after him, i dont think that's GD's. but the one next to him, the last one, is 2ne1's jjangoo manager

Omg these pictures r killing me! What will happen to me when big bang actually do come back! New songs! New pictures! New concept! New everything! It will be my first big bang comeback ever! I'm so excited! Like Yoo Jaesuk says on family outing "time is now!" Lol big bang comeback!

Guest shinhdeplol

shared?

Big Bang「My Heaven」SD Fanart

2010102416330724d334d6c.jpg

source : Tsupika카츠 @ VIPZ

Taken from bigbanghaven.blogspot.com

Big Bang's clothes to be auctioned for charity

picture4jq.jpg

Lotte Duty Free Shop has launched an online "Sharing Auction" event which includes stuff donated by Lotte DFS endorsers, BIGBANG, Rain and Ji Sung. BIGBANG's donation includes jackets, shirts and bow ties. Proceeds from the event, which will run from November 4 to 28, will be donated to charity.

20101105b51.jpg

Source: JTN

Quick trans: Siyeon for bigbangupdates

Why Japan is is Excited About Big Bang

Idol Group Bigbang is leading the new Korean wave in Japan. Bigbang's successes are more noticeable since this group did not try to assimilate themselves to the prevalent trend in Japan, but came to this point with its unique style and skills.

On November 3, Bigbang performed a great stage at the 'Seoul Tokyo Music Festival'. This festival was co-hosted by SBS and TBS to celebrate SBS' 20th anniversary and groups such as Kara, 4minute, FT Island etc. participated in this festival.

There were about 16,000 Japanese fans at the festival, and the audience, who were mostly in their teens or in their twenties, gave all the Korean singers fervent responses.

One of the staffs mentioned, "The 'Seoul Tokyo Music Festival' was almost like Bigbang's concert." and really acknowledged Bigbang's popularity, since the majority of the audience were Bigbang fans. Most of the singers sang two or three songs, whereas Bigbang, this day, performed five songs.

(omit)

Bigbang has received a lot of awards in Japan also. Bigbang received a rookie award in Japan, when they didn't receive one in Korea; in the 'MTV World Stage Music Video Awards Japan' on May 29, Bigbang received three awards. These eminent awards ceremonies in Japan acknowledge Bigbang's popularity by giving Bigbang the awards.

One of the staff persons who was in charge of promoting Bigbang mentioned, "We've been promoting Bigbang not as a 'Korean wave' star, but as an artist. Thus, we really focused on Bigbang performing the best the members could. We've only been able to do a week or so of promotions for the albums in Japan, but we've always been surprised by the wild responses the Japanese fans give us."

Source: Nate

Translated by Beau @ bbvipz

Shared by Vic @ bigbangupdates

BIGBANG IS famous in Japan blush.gif

Guest propera898

shared?

Why Japan is is Excited About Big Bang

Idol Group Bigbang is leading the new Korean wave in Japan. Bigbang's successes are more noticeable since this group did not try to assimilate themselves to the prevalent trend in Japan, but came to this point with its unique style and skills.

There were about 16,000 Japanese fans at the festival.

One of the staffs mentioned, "The 'Seoul Tokyo Music Festival' was almost like Bigbang's concert." and really acknowledged Bigbang's popularity, since the majority of the audience were Bigbang fans. Most of the singers sang two or three songs, whereas Bigbang, this day, performed five songs.

(omit)

Bigbang has received a lot of awards in Japan also. Bigbang received a rookie award in Japan, when they didn't receive one in Korea; in the 'MTV World Stage Music Video Awards Japan' on May 29, Bigbang received three awards. These eminent awards ceremonies in Japan acknowledge Bigbang's popularity by giving Bigbang the awards.

One of the staff persons who was in charge of promoting Bigbang mentioned, "We've been promoting Bigbang not as a 'Korean wave' star, but as an artist. Thus, we really focused on Bigbang performing the best the members could. We've only been able to do a week or so of promotions for the albums in Japan, but we've always been surprised by the wild responses the Japanese fans give us."

Source: Nate

Translated by Beau @ bbvipz

Shared by Vic @ bigbangupdates

BIGBANG IS famous in Japan blush.gif

haha i love how when we star to get doubst or anything negative , news such as this ones comes and make us realize how wrong we are!

BIGBANG is making it in Japan! but not as a fever taht will pass but as solid gruop that will last a long time and with time will keep growing , it might be slowy but they arent stopping ! :D i really belive the next time they hit japan with promotions they will undoubtly become huge , as someone said they just need that HIT SONG and also when they start their Korean promotions their populairty will grow in japan! :D im sure !

Guest doublehh03

people have to understand big bang doesn't follow trends. sure, their japan sales are even behind groups like kara and snsd. that's fine with me.

a lot of the korean groups that go into japan try to act a certain way or dress a certain way or assimilate the music like the japanese. but big bang doesn't. they didn't use their old hits to make it in japan and things like that. that's too easy.

big bang is an "artist," not an idol group. they have a solid fan base that recognizes their music. eventually big bang will release a song that will hit the japanese public hard and they will be royal status like they are in korea.

i think for that to happen, they need GD and TOP to really learn japanese (although their music is great, most of their raps are in english). like others have said, there were some missteps in promotion (i can't believe tell me goodbye wasn't promoted like crazy). that was a POWERFUL ballad and it sold more in one week than their other singles without any damn public performance. imagine if they promoted it like crazy.

but again, they have a really solid fanbase in japan that appreciates their music. and eventually it will spread. greatness sometimes takes time.

wow I totally agree with that article..especially this sentence right here.

"did not try to assimilate themselves to the prevalent trend in Japan, but came to this point with its unique style and skills"

Big Bang don't try to change for the market but want to change the market itself. Yes its risky but I feel like BB will open Japan to new type of music and will set trends in Japan like in Korea. We just have to be patient for more Japanese to realize and appreciate the fresh music BB create. :wub:

Guest doublehh03

on the topic of their international fame, what do you guys think of their popularity in other parts of Asia and the western nations (esp. USA).

i'm from the states (Cali) and the most popular big bang member over here seems to be taeyang. i mean, wedding dress didn't appear to be a huge hit in korea, but it's like the korean theme song over here. EVERYBODY knows wedding dress over here basically.

thoughts

Guest GDBABYBABY

wow I totally agree with that article..especially this sentence right here.

"did not try to assimilate themselves to the prevalent trend in Japan, but came to this point with its unique style and skills"

Big Bang don't try to change for the market but want to change the market itself. Yes its risky but I feel like BB will open Japan to new type of music and will set trends in Japan like in Korea. We just have to be patient for more Japanese to realize and appreciate the fresh music BB create. :wub:

I also love this sentense.

I love this article , it's all I gotta say.

I will wait for a slowly little step of them, but I also think BIGBANG can make the following artist easy get into japan.

they made people to listen to KPOP style not only for k-idol in jpop style.

the big bomb need a time to incubate before it BANG!

it's like SNSD in korea, they need a long time before they come to the front of korea media.

I will wait pateintly to see their success !!

Guest pinkswirlz

on the topic of their international fame, what do you guys think of their popularity in other parts of Asia and the western nations (esp. USA).

i'm from the states (Cali) and the most popular big bang member over here seems to be taeyang. i mean, wedding dress didn't appear to be a huge hit in korea, but it's like the korean theme song over here. EVERYBODY knows wedding dress over here basically.

thoughts

TOTALLY. i live in SF and EVERYBODY knows the song wedding dress. even at my school, wedding dress [the korean version] was played at numerous dances and in the hallways [we have a school radio that plays in the hallway every once in a while;; haha i know, lame] && in the bathroom stalls, "i love big bang" is written all over the doors

Guest propera898

edit

Reply Retweet 2 Retweets .

ses_rani RT @koreanupdates [TweetNews] Big Bang "Electricity" Album official release/comeback date is 17th November! #bigbangcomeback

10 minutes ago via web in reply to koreanupdates

Reply Retweet 2 Retweets .

proudVIP Mark your calendars VIPs. NOVEMBER 17, Big Bang

you are rright it seems it was a prank! T_______________t

Archived