★彡yg ♪♬♪ The Official Big Bang [빅뱅] Thread ver. 2

Guest the7REAL.

• Replies 42.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest toozdae08

We've been having a lot of questions and I'm taking a break from studying to answer.

WHAT MAKES A V.I.P?

For me I have no problem with people liking other groups, there are a lot of other groups who's music I like. However, I'm only really in 2 fandoms, this and 2NE1's. And I'm a bigger VIP than I'm a blackjack. This is a little strange since I came into BB while they were away and through 2NE1. I personally only have so much time and can only devote it to so many groups. I also can't seem to follow more than 1 guy or 1 girl group at a time. I actually came into Kpop through SM and JYP groups and while they were interesting, I only stayed thanks to YGE groups. They make the type of music I like, they have the personalities I like (not too tryhard with strange fanservice) but seem like chill people. When I came into BB, I had a bias towards one member and to an extent still love him the most but I've learned as a VIP that the more you get into the group the harder and harder it is to not fall head over heals in love with all the members. The boys all have so much heart and I can't imagine putting one ahead of the other. To be honest I do like it somewhat when the boys do some solo activities (be it music, interviews, acting, variety, etc) because it allows me to fall in love with them individually. They're no longer just Big Bang but Young Bae, Ji Yong, Seung Hyun, Seungri and Daesung. While I know what I see is only a small part of who they are, it's enough for me to know that they're amazing people.

I think I knew I was a true VIP when I've laughed and I've cried over these boys, I've prayed for them and wished them the best, I've spent money and time I didn't have on them and I've acknowledge their faults (and there are many) but love them anyway. As much as I like any of the other groups, I can honestly say I've never felt any of those emotions for them (except maybe 2NE1 but that doesn't compare to BB).V.I.P 4 L.I.F.E. (4 Love Is Forever Enduring)

Guest andloveyelledno

I don't have a problem with people enjoying other bands and being active in various fandoms. We're human, we're bound to like more than one. There are those who are very involved in the group's activities and then there are others who are more casual fans (I am one for BEAST. I listen to their music but i'm not involved in their fandom). I don't think one is better than the other, just different. As long as there are people out there enjoying Big Bang's music and talents, that's all that matters to me.

I don't enjoy it when people go on and on about what a "real" fan is because that's subjective and we shouldn't hold people to our own perceived standards of what a VIP should be.

What did annoy me a bit is when fans are only into a group because of their looks but i've come to realize that's Kpop. It's very superficial so you can't blame the fans for buying what they're selling. But BB has so much to offer musically, that they are probably the only idol group out there who is actually known and respected for their music. That is what makes them stand out, that is their strength, and that will ensure their longevity. Pretty faces come and go but good music lives forever.

Guest peppermintsugar

If you were going to KOREAN POP NIGHT 2010, and being a multi-fan that you are, go to the concert to see all your groups on stage (Big Bang,SNSD,SHINee,FT Island,ZE:A,DNA,Infinite). Which one of them would you support? Which color would you wear proudly? Which fanclub will you stand with?

Without a doubt and no hesitation, I would be representing a VIP. My love for Big Bang is so great that I will support them no matter what even with some of my favorite groups on the same stage, too. There's just something about Big Bang that have kept me as a fan for such a long time. Usually, my love for groups never last long. I am a proud VIP ♥

Pretty much this. Even though I'm a shawol, Big Bang is still and will always be my number one, so I would be decked out in Big Bang only gear to support my boys to the very end.

Guest peppermintsugar

What genre would you like them to explore more for their next album? It doesn't necessarily mean this upcoming one but maybe in a mini or ep after that.

I really enjoy their R&B sounding stuff, like a Taeyang/SOLAR feel, but less La La La era. It's hard for me to choose because apparently I'm in one of the few that share these feelings but I've liked pretty much everything they've done -- be it full of autotune, their Japanese music, just everything. To me, everything they've done shows just how well-rounded they are as artists, and I love seeing and hearing it. They don't have to prove anything to me at this point.

However, I wouldn't mind if they somehow managed to take the album, as a group, to a Heartbreaker album kind of feel. Very rough and full of good rap, but still incorporating the beautiful voices of Tae, Dae, and Seungri.

Guest MidnightByul

@no1chronoptimist

good question!

Mmmmm...for me. I would like to see more: Hip Hop, Jazz, R&B..and maybe some funk.

It would make one sick album.

But, what be even better? If all the genres you mentioned was in the comeback album. Hahaha. I don't know, I think if it was, and is included, it probably be my favorite album. Diversity in the album is what I want, and hopefully will get. xD

Guest andloveyelledno

Q: THEY PROMOTED OH MY FRIEND, BUT I WISH THEY PROMOTED A GOOD MAN.

Could not agree more! A Good Man is one of their best songs but I understand that it's not "commercial" enough. Still, it would have been great.

Q: THEY PROMOTED BREATHE, BUT I WISH THEY PROMOTED SHE'S GONE.

Yes, yes, a thousand times yes! But again, the themes discussed would have probably guaranteed a ban so I can see why they wouldn't.

Q: THEY PROMOTED PRAYER, BUT I WISH THEY PROMOTED SINNER.

Sinner is the best song on HOT, imo, and the choreography could have been really sensual and slow. Would have loved that.

Guest Michala01

Considering the variety of their song genres, What genre would you like them to explore more for their next album? It doesn't necessarily mean this upcoming one but maybe in a mini or ep after that.

Since I am a fan of it myself I would love for them to foray into a more electro house sounding music. If you listen to groups like Bloody Beetroots and The Crookers (two big acts in the field) there is a more of a fusion of old school hip hop with house beats than let's say the house of 4 years ago. I totally think it would suit Big Bang. 

I certainly don't want to them to go back to R&B and pure hip hop as I feel it's a step backwards. I think Big Bang are about making something new and exciting and I feel as though sticking to these two genres is too safe.

I know there are a lot of people that CLUMP together electro pop/house/electro/techno etc etc and it really annoys the crap out of me.There is a difference between the genres. Electro house is not electro pop. 

That leads me onto another issue. GD said he wants to steer away from electro pop but I am almost certain he didn't mean that with regards to electronica sounds altogether. Recently in an interview (I can't remember which one) he was asked what artists he was really into right now and he named electronica artists namely Justice and the Chemical Brothers. 

I hope people prepare themselves for something a bit strange because I think he will go there. 

Guest peppermintsugar

Oh, I'm beyond ready. Sometimes I feel like G-D (and Big Bang as a whole) is almost too explorative to be contained inside an idol driven industry like they are. An industry where, like he said before, groups promote something for three weeks and then it's forgotten. They're not the type of creative minds that just want to go along with whatever is hip and trendy right now, they're not the type of group that's okay with their hard work being swept under the rug after a few weeks. I just sometimes feel like they're not as appreciated as a whole as they should be, I don't think the title of "idol group" fits as well for them as it does with most other idol groups because let's face it, as a group and individually, they're a lot more talented than most of the other idol groups out there.

Guest Michala01

Oh, I'm beyond ready. Sometimes I feel like G-D (and Big Bang as a whole) is almost too explorative to be contained inside an idol driven industry like they are. An industry where, like he said before, groups promote something for three weeks and then it's forgotten. They're not the type of creative minds that just want to go along with whatever is hip and trendy right now, they're not the type of group that's okay with their hard work being swept under the rug after a few weeks. I just sometimes feel like they're not as appreciated as a whole as they should be, I don't think the title of "idol group" fits as well for them as it does with most other idol groups because let's face it, as a group and individually, they're a lot more talented than most of the other idol groups out there.

Oh they without a doubt they are but the fandoms are so uptight on this issue god forbid we ever say it or we get called elitists rolleyes.gif I'm so sick of having to defend myself everytime I praise our boys for their obvious talent above and beyond what most other idols have. 

BTW  I think this is the sort of stuff GD has been listening to lol 

phew.gif

Guest MidnightByul

^

The title of being "an idol group" I think should never really be mentioned with Big Bang. I mean, like you guys said they are way to explorative -like u said- in music to be called that. I mean. Not dissing any other groups, or anything.

But, I feel as if Big Bang, individually and as a group, have so much they want to do, and show but can't because they - as in fact - in an "idol" driven industry; so it doesn't always go their way. I love other groups too. But...Idk. These guys just have something more..that makes them stand out. And, I don't give a damn about being called an elitist..just saying. haha.

Anyway, at least they get to show a part of it. Like with GD's Heartbreaker album, and Taeyang's SOLAR album.

I think YG, is really leaving this album and comeback in their hands. And, I'm glad he is. I mean after what 4 yrs, he should. haha.

I, also hope that promoting for three weeks thing does not apply to them. I want them to promote to the fullest.

Guest toozdae08

^

Umm not sure how I feel about more House music, it isn't exactly my fav type of music. Not to say I don't like House cause I do but other music has my attention more. I'm hoping more of a rock and hip hop fusion in their next album. I'm actually liking more of what TOP and maybe what YB have been into. I'm a BIG BIG fan of Nine Inch Nails and when I heard that TOP was into them I almost jizzed in my pants, I'm serious here and even did a little happy dance around my room (I'm hoping he's next for a solo album after the comeback). So if any industrial rock elements are in BB's next album, I will die a happy happy death. And I'm currently taking a music history class so I've fallen in love with Jazz and early rock and R&B so if that's what YB has been listening to then I'll like some of that. I've also been falling in love with the Beach Boys and I would love it if one of the boys listed to their Pet Sounds album and included some of that early psychedelic sound they had going on at that time.

Honestly, I have a ridiculous eclectic mix of music so I'm likely to be happy with almost anything.

Guest Michala01

^

Umm not sure how I feel about more House music, it isn't exactly my fav type of music. Not to say I don't like House cause I do but other music has my attention more. I'm hoping more of a rock and hip hop fusion in their next album. I'm actually liking more of what TOP and maybe what YB have been into. I'm a BIG BIG fan of Nine Inch Nails and when I heard that TOP was into them I almost jizzed in my pants, I'm serious here and even did a little happy dance around my room (I'm hoping he's next for a solo album after the comeback). So if any industrial rock elements are in BB's next album, I will die a happy happy death. And I'm currently taking a music history class so I've fallen in love with Jazz and early rock and R&B so if that's what YB has been listening to then I'll like some of that. I've also been falling in love with the Beach Boys and I would love it if one of the boys listed to their Pet Sounds album and included some of that early psychedelic sound they had going on at that time.

Honestly, I have a ridiculous eclectic mix of music so I'm likely to be happy with almost anything.

I'm the same. I have every possible genre you can think of on my itunes! Love me some NIN and Rammstein for example. It would be so cool if they went there but maybe that's too much even for them? One can hope tongue.gif

I'm not what I like to call a "music bigot". There are people who just hate a genre altogether no matter the song or group. I just love music as long as it's good music. 

Everytime I try to imagine what's on the album my head starts spinning. I'm trying to leave any pre-conceived notions at the door so that when I do play it for the first time I can enjoy it for what it is without the experience being clouded by my expectations of any kind. 

Guest toozdae08

@Thuy

Omg, thanks for the pics. TOP serious needs to stop being so effortlessly sexy. Every time I see him I want to do bad bad things to him. There are no words to describe how attractive I find him and I'll stop there before this goes above a PG13 rating. The strange thing is I find him the most attractive when he's being goofy. Oh TOP, how I heart thee :wub:.

Guest toozdae08

^

I KNOW, same here. And I love Rammstein too (but I can't imagine BB touching that, lol). Honestly, you need to stop living in my head <_< , lol.

But I agree, I can't make any predictions or hopes for their next album because I rarely find a genre of music I don't like. I love so my styles of music that it would be hard for them NOT to please me. Like, on my IPod there is my NIN next to my Taylor Swift and Faith Hill which is next to my M.I.A. and the Killers which is next to my Latin pop and my Lupe Fiasco, I throw in a little bit of Common and Tupac and then some Chuck Berry and the Beach Boys, have my Beatles and my Korean pop mixing and sprinkle a little Top 40 on top. And I'm an island girl so I have to throw in my reggae and I also add in some A Perfect Circle. And that just the tip of the iceberg.

I personally can't understand ppl who say "Oh, I only listen to -insert music genre-". There are so many great songs out there and I can't believe they limit themselves like that.

But whatever, means more music for me.

If you were going to KOREAN POP NIGHT 2010, and being a multi-fan that you are, go to the concert to see all your groups on stage (Big Bang,SNSD,SHINee,FT Island,ZE:A,DNA,Infinite). Which one of them would you support? Which color would you wear proudly? Which fanclub will you stand with?

sorry to cut your post...

as for me..this question never really bothers

me...

i know for sure, in myself that i will

choose bigbang...for the past 5 years

that i have been a fan of kpop..it's bigbang

that i only got hook on...they are the only

guy group that i supported this long...

they have given lots of reasons as to why i have to support

and be there for them..they deserve my love,support,trust...

i am more familliar to them..i know almost

every info. that a fan must know bout them...

i wont leave these boys..never...

gold crown means a lot to us V.I.Ps..

just like other fandoms...we are willing to

protect it and treasure it...

Guest evilgary

yea there is no words to decribe Top in the above pic as he looks really manly and handsome in it

i guess he can't help it being that way

Guest peppermintsugar

All I really have to say about it is that I'm not worried. It's one of the few times that I can confidently say that I'm not worried about what they could potentially put out. I have been disappointed by being this confident in a group or artist (Panic! At the Disco) but I just don't even feel like disappointment is an option this time. Problem with Panic! was that they let the wrong member take control and decide everything -- But for Big Bang, G-D is in the front seat and I can't possibly imagine how anything could go wrong from that.

Some eye candy? Some eye candy.

2ms0p43jpg.gif

5ppv01jpg.gif

I like this gif cuz they're pretty much just saying "eff your idol groups, wdgaf."

Archived