★彡yg ♪♬♪ The Official Big Bang [빅뱅] Thread ver. 2

Guest the7REAL.

• Replies 42.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just wanna ask,

HOW DID YOU KNOW BIG BANG? HOW DID YOU BECOME A VIP?

good question. (: before big bang, i've never ever liked kpop. kpop to me then, was just a kpop scene of goodlooking boybands who don't really have much talents in singing (of course my impression changed 180 degrees after i got into kpop). and i was rather reluctant when my friends introduced me to some boybands and their music videos. then i was kinda forced into watching big bang's music videos because my tuition teacher is a huge fan of theirs and whenever we have some free time during our tuition, she would show it to us (haha, weird but true). tbh, i didn't like them at first. maybe it's because i was still in this argh-kpop-is-really-too-overhyped mood, i don't know. but all i know is, when i get back home, i started going to youtube and searching for BIGBANG. it's scary how influential they can actually be. then i heard haru haru, then last farewell. and, I. WAS. HOOKED. i love their songs, i love them. so i started looking for more videos about them. i watched their big bang documentary, cried with them; watched other dorky videos, laughed with them. i just became this one huge big fan of theirs. (:

Just wanna ask,

Gonna tell my story later since I still need to do something. I'm excited to read your stories too! :D

I came across G-dragon's heartbreaker and i was attracted by his strong and energetic rapping. He is one of the few rappers do not sound like a nagging mother.

I started to look for youtube videos of him and found the documentary on Bigbang's competition before their debut. That's how i come to know TOP, Daesung and the rest. Though i think the documentary is a bit cliche in some parts, it did a very good job to showcase the determination, passion and continuous hard work the boys put in for music and the courage they muster to pursue it, despite all the odds and nay-sayers. It pretty much shatters the myth that boy bands lead an easy life to receive the love showered on them by fans.

Their training and talent shone through amongst the countless boy bands in the korean market and they are the only ones i can say have real singing skills and do not sound like babies whining.

At such a young age, they have found their direction and love in life and is able to throw in all they had to follow the path, i reflect on myself and wonder what i am doing now and wished i can do the same.

Just wanna ask,

Gonna tell my story later since I still need to do something. I'm excited to read your stories too! :D

I get to KNOW BIG BANG through

SE7EN & 1TYM.I was a super avid

fan of YG artistes especially

SE7EN since 2004. And then there

was one perf of 'Run' where

the guys were the back-dancers. I find

them rather cool when they start to introduce

themselves. But that time,I have yet

to get attracted to them.

I used not to like them one bit

because people were like comparing

their song 'La,la,la' with SE7EN 'Lalala'

just because they have the same title song.

Some even said that they like this 'Lalala' song

better than the other one. :crazy:

But then I came across their

debut performance while watching

SE7EN's 'Lalala' mv. I was simply

awed by their powerful & style

when performing. What's more they

are able to even dance and sing live at the same

time so well.You know,how most of the k-pop

boybands tend to lipsync in those days?

So they gained my respect.Then bits by bits,

I get attracted to them even more after watching

their subsequent performances which leads me to

becoming A VIP,at the end of 2006.

Even their 'Lalala' song have so much

meaning in it though it sounds so fun.

They got this special feeling,that charismatic and passionate

aura in them when it comes to music

which makes them different from the

typical k-pop boybands.

How they always managed to rock

the stage like there is no

tomorrow,as if you're watching their

mini-concert.

Guest Haruharu94

Just wanna ask,

Well I randomly saw that someone posted their discography, so I gave some songs a listen and liked them.

I never went and looked at MVs yet though.

One day, I was looking for shows with DBSK members on them, and saw a Family Outing episode. I never heard of it, so I watched it.

I soon forgot who I was watching the show for in the first place when I saw Dae.

He was so adorable and funny!

Later, I watched their Ice Cream phone commercial, and as soon as I saw Ji's smile near the end, I was amazed.

Before, I had heard of him, and thought his name was silly, but at that moment, I was hooked.

They are my favourite band out of ANY band in the world, and I'm proud!

Some people may call me an "elitist stan", and say I'm biased, but I'd like to think that I biased because of the fact that they are one of the only Kpop bands that have NEVER let me down.

Big Bang fighting!

PS. I've made my mom become a huge fan too! :D

Guest Michala01

Just wanna ask,

Mine is a tale of accidentally stumbling upon something amazing. I'm a white girl  who had never heard an asian pop song in her life let alone knew that there was such a thing as kpop. So with this ignorant mind set I was surfing the internet one day, making my usual stops. I was on this forum where there was a topic of recommending foreign music. Someone posted a link to Big Bang's "Haru Haru" music video. This would have been at  the beginning of 2009. So I watched the video and honestly, as much as I REALLY loved the song I thought the guys were a bit try hard lol. (gosh I feel so bad saying that now blush.gif)  

From then on I spent the next few hours watching their music videos and watching videos of them in general.  As I was doing this little did I know that the seeds of a VIP were already planted inside me. Over the next week I devoured everything Big Bang I could get my hands on! I literally did nothing else for like a few weeks after that too lol!  Mostly I couldn't believe how very catchy their songs were. I was enjoying them so much even though it was in a language I had almost never heard before and couldn't understand a single word of. 

So when I found out that Big Bang were from a scene called "kpop" I decided to check out some other kpop groups. Boy was I disappointed dry.gif Nothing really compared to stuff I had heard and seen from Big Bang. I mean this in no offensive way to fans of other groups but I just thought everything else sounded like crap. 

I had a lot of catching up to do since I had come to know about them quite late. The more I watched the more I fell in love with their GENUINE personalities. There is nothing contrived about them. They are who they are and are completely comfortable with that! Their individual strengths became apparent to me over time and their combined awesomeness blew me away. That's what really got me in the end. 

I would say that by mid 2009  I was well and truly insane for Big Bang and at that stage where I could call myself a VIP. I still don't think I have reached the height of my love for them because it just increases every month. I don't know how much more I could possibly love them but I think there is room for more inside my heart lol wub.gif

Guest bAngs_zatie

Just wanna ask,

i love u for raisng this question..hehehe

bfore this,i nvr heard a word of 'kpop'...

well,to begin,at that time i only hooked on k-drama...basically,Full House introduced me to korean world..i know rain is a singer but i nvr watch or hear his songs at that time cuz i really don't have interest on korean musics....

my journey as a VIP started when one of my cyber friend post a MV link in his page....i saw the thumb nail of that vid with tittle "Bigbang-Haru-Haru" n BB is written in hangul..

n then i asked him,what with the title,its sound weird cuz i nvr heard that word bfore....n then he said that i shud listen to it...

so,i try to listen...oh my,atm through the whole vid my face was ----->:o:w00t::wub: ....n thats when i know BB....i really2 thankfull to that person..without him,i'll nvr evr know that an amazing-talented-good looking korean boy group name BigBang is existed!!!

after that,i watched all their performance from the debut days..lol,i only found out about BB documentary after watching all their performances..hahaha...at that time,i don't know their current status,what they are promoting..don't know any fansite of BB n all..so,its very limited for me to know much about them until i discovered jiyong's heartbreaker promotion(i only has KBS channel here,n i saw jiyong performance there)...n i hate myself for not knowing them earlier...

n for that reason,i'm really ecstatic to see n experience their comeback moment this year cuz i nvr had a chance to bfore..

but its seem i still can't experience it this year cuz next week is my 1st week as a college student... :tears:

Hic. No one feel suprise or anything about "King of Bakery Kang Daesung"? For me, it's really hot. His character inspires many people.

I'm not sure am I a VIP or not. But I know BB cause I watched FO. And I watched FO cause I fell in love with Daesung when saw him fell down in Ep 22, with Rain. I couldn't stop laughing at that time.

Big Bang is the one and only reason made me like K-Pop ^_^ I've known abt K-Pop for abt 4-5 years but at 1st I don't really like it for some childish reasons ( :lol: ) But 1 year ago, when I watched my music channel on TV, I've heard a song with those lyrics: '... I'm so sorry but I love you..." and I was like 'what was this song ? it's so catchy'. And then I ran to my computer immediately to search for it. That time I still though that song's title was "Sorry but I love u" by a group named Big Bang lol :lol: But after that, I just listen to only 'Lies' bcuz I was not so into K-Pop and too lazy to search more abt BB (and now I blame myself bcuz of my laziness fury.gif ) until one day I watched Haru Haru MV and saw TOP w00t.gif He definitely got my attention that time. I can't help but keep looking at his face, especially his eyes. Up until now, I'm still melted bcuz of his sexy eyes :wub: And then, of course I've started to know more abt Big Bang, YG Family, K-Pop... and become a VIP :rolleyes: Right now I've also made my sister become a VIP, but she likes TY the most ^_^

Guest toozdae08

Just wanna ask,

Since I posted a similar question in Bae's thread I guess I'll just reuse some of my answer from there.

I first saw BB way back in 2009 as a kpop noob while watching 2NE1/BB's Lollipop mv. I was (and am) a big 2NE1 fan but at the time knew NOTHING about BB and didn't particularly care to know them. Since I was only there for 2NE1 I was like 'whatever' to the boys other than thinking YB and TOP were pretty hot. However, I didn't look BB up outside of the We Belong Together (because of 2NE1's cover). I only payed 2NE1 attention and didn't really want to know BB at all.

I saw some other performances like the joint Gayos with 2NE1 but I wasn't too interested at the time. Didn't pay much attention to kpop outside of 2NE1 . Then there was the big US East Coast snow storm and I was stuck in my house for a week. Decided to finally look up this "Big Bang" that everyone thought was so amazing and the first mv I saw Last Farewell cause 2NE1 did a cover. Love it, and the rest was history. Rinse and repeat with Haru Haru and Lies. Then came A Fool's Only Tears (still my fav BB song) and I was like "I'm sold" and that was that for me. Decided I should finally look these dudes up and became a fan and have considered myself a VIP since.

I've always been Jpop fans and know a lil bit of Kpop since I love watching k-drama

and I freaking love 1TYM oppa at that time (Danny! :P ) :lol: I know about YG

debuting new boy group coz of course I know about YG Family but I was stupid

enough not to pay attention.. At that time I was too caught up in my Jpop world..

I only visited Soompi once a week sometimes once in two weeks just to know new update

about 1TYM oppa and I always been a silent lurker.. lol~ :P

its started way back, around end of 2006 / earlier 2007, way before Lies era~

Then I started listening to "A Fool Only Tears" and "We Belong Together"

and fall in love with the boys~ I even laid my eyes on Bae when he was part of

Lexy special comeback stage and fall my head over heels for him! lol~ :P:lol:

The rest of it is history~! :) Until now I'm still

A PROUD VIP! ^_^

Guest juang_bb

HARU 2010 is OUT!!!

here's the link:

http://www.haru2010.com/eng/index.aspx#/main/

but it is loading super slow on my computer!!! and i think they already provided the subtitles. i dont know if somebody will be able to rip it from their site.

edit: i've watched the first 10 minutes, and i've finally got a glimpse of the boys. seungri's OH MY GOD!!! lmao! :lol:

im loving this... since i topped the page...

and the kids say....

BIGBANG JJANG!!!!

bigbangjjang.jpg

It's entertaining to read your stories. ^^ Instead of reading the 6-page essay for school tomorrow, I read all of your answers. Anyway, it doesn't matter. It's worth the time.

Apologies for cutting your posts. :D

then i was kinda forced into watching big bang's music videos because my tuition teacher is a huge fan of theirs and whenever we have some free time during our tuition, she would show it to us

Gotta love your teacher! Haha. I wish one of my professors would do that in our class. :rolleyes:

I came across G-dragon's heartbreaker and i was attracted by his strong and energetic rapping. He is one of the few rappers do not sound like a nagging mother.

Their training and talent shone through amongst the countless boy bands in the korean market and they are the only ones i can say have real singing skills and do not sound like babies whining.

LOLed at these lines, but I agree with you. I personally don't like rappers since I think that they are just people talking quickly. Before I knew about Big Bang, I never thought I would actually like rappers.

They got this special feeling,that charismatic and passionate

aura in them when it comes to music

which makes them different from the

typical k-pop boybands.

Couldn't agree more. That's why I think that they're incomparable with other groups nowadays, not because they are not of the same level, but, because they are totally different with them. I can't seem to find that "special feeling" I have whenever I watch their performance with other groups.

Some people may call me an "elitist stan", and say I'm biased, but I'd like to think that I biased because of the fact that they are one of the only Kpop bands that have NEVER let me down.

PS. I've made my mom become a huge fan too! :D

My opinion as well. They just amaze me with whatever they do. Be it their singing, dancing, acting or whatsoever, I would just bow to them.

Oh, by the way, nice job on making your mom a fan. :))

So I watched the video and honestly, as much as I REALLY loved the song I thought the guys were a bit try hard lol. (gosh I feel so bad saying that now blush.gif)

We all had our first impression with Big Bang so it's okay to say that. Don't feel bad, at least you're a huge fan now. Haha.

i really2 thankfull to that person..without him,i'll nvr evr know that an amazing-talented-good looking korean boy group name BigBang is existed!!!

n for that reason,i'm really ecstatic to see n experience their comeback moment this year cuz i nvr had a chance to bfore..

Your friend is a fanboy, just like me! LOL. Forgive me, I feel better whenever I see/know a BB fanboy aside from myself. :)

I became a fan of Big Bang at the start of 2009 so we share something in common. I want to experience how the kpop/whole world will react when they make a korean comeback. :3

ut after that, I just listen to only 'Lies' bcuz I was not so into K-Pop and too lazy to search more abt BB

Same as what I did back then! I was hooked to Lies, Last Farewell and Haru Haru ONLY so these are the only songs I listened. I was too lazy to search for other music back then so I blame myself as well. LOL.

Then there was the big US East Coast snow storm and I was stuck in my house for a week. Decided to finally look up this "Big Bang" that everyone thought was so amazing and the first mv I saw Last Farewell cause 2NE1 did a cover. Love it, and the rest was history.

I think you are now thankful to that seastorm. Haha. Kidding. :))

-----

Ok, so now I'll tell my story. :D

Just to say this, I am not a music geek. To be honest, I tend to be very choosy with the songs I listen to.

(Early 2009)I was lurking at this certain forum when I heard a song playing in the background. I was attracted with its dance-like beat (since I am a dancer)so I downloaded it. At that time, I wasn't able to look at the singer and the title of the song. When the download was done, I immediately played it and put it on repeat. Still, without looking at its details.

The next day, I played it again, and accidentally, I read "Seungri - Strong Baby". I searched for it and found out that he was a member of Big Bang. I was shocked since I always play Haru Haru and Last Farewell in the game called Audition. I was still not a big fan of them though. I still did not search for anything about them.

At school, I always hangout with the same friends. Once, my friend mentioned Big Bang. She said so many amazing things about them so I was curious to what they are really capable of doing. I searched for them, watched 2 to 3 videos of them, and honestly, I wasn't really amazed at all. Back then, I think they are just a "so-so" band. :(

My friend and I took an entrance exam at a certain university together. While on our way home, I was forcing her to play Strong Baby but she insists that I should first listen to other songs of Big Bang. I agreed (since it was her family's car that we were using. LOL.). I was like "Whoa. Is that really Big Bang cause when I watched some of their videos they are just like a normal band.". At that time, I have so many questions in my mind about Big Bang and their music like "Why is Wrong Number sounded the same as So Beautiful and Last Farewell like Baby Baby?". LOL. I feel stupid asking those questions now. Haha.

One night, that friend of mine sent me a message about a release of a song called Wedding Dress by Taeyang. I haven't memorized their names yet so I asked her "Who the heck is that Taeyang?". She gave me the link to the MV and I watched it. I watched the MV once, and I SPAZZED ON IT THE WHOLE NIGHT (that continued for a week LOL). I was totally hooked with the song 'cause I could relate to it so freaking much. :(

After that night, I used all my searching powers to know everything about them. I think I always slept at 2 am since then 'cause I kept on searching everything about them.

Then another day came when I decided to watch Haru Haru's MV. When I finish watching it, I was amazed with the story. Since I'm not korean and I can't understand anything, I search for the video with english subs. After rewatching it, I WAS TOTALLY SHOCKED WITH THE MEANING OF THE SONG. Great lyrics + superb MV = the reason why I am a VIP right now.

So, yeah. That's my story. I still want to add some things but it's one o'clock in the morning here and I still have a 7 am class. I hope you spent your time reading my story. :DD

PS: I'm a fanboy. :lol:

Archived