★彡yg ♪♬♪ The Official Big Bang [빅뱅] Thread ver. 2

Guest the7REAL.

Guest johnnyquest89

I wanted them to get in the most viewed worldwide section because that's massive exposure right there. It allows the video to be accessed by a larger audience. Youtube is powerful in that respect. And it happened so i'm happy.

It was also nice to be there talking to VIPs, no negativity, no fanwars, just love for the boys. I'd like to do that again because it was a great experience.

TOP sounds so sexy speaking Japanese. His pronunciation is actually pretty good. You can tell he's been studying because he's been a lot more willing to speak it lately.

If that's what you were working for my bad. I seem to have misinterpreted your intentions, from what I was seeing around I thought It was an attempt to show YG the popularity of the group around with high views in a short time. So with comments like we've been mashing f5 n refreshing to get it up made me think wrongly of what you all were doing.

well any how I've lost track of what I wanted to say and think it's time to get some Tacos

• Replies 42.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

hmm, the performance that you're talking about (theboys in black suit in large metal boxes) is actually the Everybody Scream intro from Remembe album.

is this the one you are talking about? --> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wr8oHISecMI

this is the stand up intro performance though: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eP7KXWUXoZY

oh thanks so much. and yes it was the everybody scream intro, silly silly me. no wonder i couldn't find it.

speaking of which, seeing as how i have no pics/vids to give back to the thread, i do pose a question for all you idle fans.

obviously big bang has gone through a recognizably large change in music type/genre/quality(if i may be so bold to say). the question is,

do you like big bang's music as much as you did when you were first drawn to them?

i first became a fan...well...when they first began actually, with their since 2007 album. my peak of fandom was between the always minialbum-remember album. i guess i took a short break from asian entertainment and when i returned i returned to a electronic/autotune heavy big bang, and i was not pleased. this includes beautiful hangover. don't stone me. however this is just my opinion as a fan who longs for the big bang of two years ago. the big bang that had real singing in them and the big bang who doesn't look like they need to stay confined in the pages nylon nippon. really. it hurts to admit this, but i just don't like the recent big bang as artists anymore...

Guest Michala01

^^

You lose some, you gain some. Not everyone is going to like the new things they do. But I still prefer them to try new things rather than do the same old. 

d00933354c771cf8ed8df.jpg

There it is again....ph34r.gif

Guest intelligirl

Adorable Dae with a fan @ Lotte Fanmeeting

bbhdaesung.jpg

More previews of Asahi TV Ontama Recording

bigbangontamacopy.jpg

71dcefda8955711ccdbf1a9.jpg

:lol: Bae's expression, cute!

Source: BIGBANG☆WORLD Mobile [Japan only blog] Shared by Tisya@bbupdates + baidu

Guest toozdae08

do you like big bang's music as much as you did when you were first drawn to them?

I came into Big Bang this year but caught up pretty quickly, so I had my pick of BB's music. My fav period of Big Bang is their Stand up and Always minialbums -personally I feel that that was their best musical period. To be honest I didn't think their Remember album was as good. It was very electronic and autotuned and I didn't like it as much (still really really liked it but it had nothing on those two miniablums). It didn't have as much soul as I remember my BB having. However, I'm loving that they are trying new things, my biggest disappointment would be if BB didn't evolve their sound with their new album but I really doubt that would happen, this is BB and they are constantly evolving.

---

^

Also, can Bae get anymore adorable in that pic

There are so much things happening over at YGE that I can't even decide which news to read first. LOL. Anyway, to those who liked my previous post, I'm glad that my thoughts echo yours. I was really really emotional during that time. LOL.

Anyway, about their Japanese popularity. I'm also sad that it seems their popularity in Japan as seen in the awards and the sold-out concerts do not translate YET to their singles sales. But we should keep in mind that Big Bang, even if they were active in Japan for most of the 1 1/2 year of their hiatus in the kpop scene, were juggling their other commitments as solo artists with promotions there. So, their promotions there can only be termed as "half-baked".

Maybe I'm rationalizing as a fan but if you look back, they started their Japanese activities 2009 right after their Lollipop stint for LG CF, right? Well let's see what the boys as solos did in 2009 while they're supposed to be promoting in Japan -

1. GD was producing his first solo album; wrote 10 new songs; promoted in music shows;did 4 MVs; did a solo concert

2. TOP was filming 1 tv show; 1 movie - Iris and Into the Fire

3. Taeyang was producing his second album as a follow up from HOT mini-album, did 2 MVs; promoted in music shows

4. Daesung was still shooting Family Outing which aired every week; got into a bad accident which had him inactive for 2 months after his surgery

5. Seungri had his Strong Baby promotions early 2009; shot 1 MV; preparing for university exams; promoted in music shows; did Shouting musical

Add all these commitments with their CFs 1 for Hite, 1 for LG Cyon, and 1 for BSX. And they also produced collaboration efforts - Friend (OST) by TOP/YB/Teddy and Hallelujah - GD/YB/TOP/Teddy. The four also appeared in Chuseok festival and the five appeared in Dream Concert 2009.

2009 was also a year of GD controversies which is still continuing till now - with court procedures requiring GD to go back to Korea too.

What did they do in Japan that year? They released 3 MVs - Gara Gara Go, My Heaven and Let Me Hear Your Voice and single Emotion. They had a fan meet which was cut short because the place was jam packed because the organizers severely underestimated number of fans attending the meet. They appeared in 5 or 6 shows but only for a while and 2 radio stints. Their ELT concert was postponed because of Dae's injury. So 2009 Japanese activities were not as heavy as what YG would have wanted.

Fast Forward to 2010 Japanese activities. They did ELT concerts in Japan in six different venues which all sold out. They won several awards from different bodies and performed there (MTV/Summer Sonic). They released Tell Me Goodbye, Ora Yeah, Beautiful Hangover, and Somebody 2 Luv; two of which had MVs filmed. They also did several interviews but mostly in connection with the award shows.Taeyang did a collaboration with Thelma Aoyama.

They had other activities in Korea too while their Japanese promos are ongoing. 2010 solos - Taeyang released and promoted Solar album and still continuing to do so. TOP was promoting with his movie premiere and collabed with Se7en for Digital Bounce. Daesung is also preparing for his own album and filming for What's Up while Ri has several variety show appearances and is also now busy filming a variety show MC. GD is busy preparing for BB's comeback album. As a group - they did Big Show 2010 and filmed Lollipop 2 cf and Eversense in Thailand.

So, see how BB has not really concentrated in Japan? They were there only half the time and with barely enough energy to focus on their Japanese activities. We shouldn't compare how they're doing with other groups because those groups put a halt to their activities in Korea before going there. And they didn't have solo things going at the same time. Japan is the second biggest music market in the world, second only to the US. Its a very tough industry to crack and their taste is very different from the Korean or even the international market. They're very wary of foreign acts particularly with the rise of the Hallyu wave and influx of foreign groups to their market. They also respect artists more if they spoke fluent Japanese. So, with BB doing so many things at once and not concentrating on their Japanese activities will not really endear them to the Japanese public in general. Considering all this, its actually very surprising that they even manage to do pretty well in Japan - getting recognition even from Japanese artists.

Listing all these activities, can't we just appreciate HOW HARD the boys have worked to please their fans? I mean seriously look at all these things. I'd probably go crazy with this schedule. I know we all hope for a Korean comeback soon but I want them not to be TOO tired to promote at all. We shouldn't complain about all the popularity stuff right now because as I see it, they're running ragged as it is. The pressure's already too much and if we keep asking for more, I'm afraid to see them break. Especially GD who's got the most responsibility for their group.

Okay, so I'm pretty obsessed with them so I can basically enumerate what they've done in one sitting. But knowing so much of their activities and seeing how people complain so much is really frustrating.

That's all for my ranting.

Anyway, I know itunes ain't all that for Japan (Oricon and Tokio 100 radio plays are the place to be). But here's their standing so far

itunesi.jpg

(Top 10 pop songs)

itunes2.jpg

(Top 10 overall Japanese songs)

So, not bad right?

Anyway, as to the question on BB's music these days. I loved their Always, Hot Issue and Since 2007 albums. But Remember was a downgrade from that musically at least. I didn't like all the songs as much first listen but with as with any BB song, I grew to love them. My favorite BB songs are actually the ones that were not promoted - Until Whenever and Act like nothing's wrong which are both not as appealing to the pop market as I'd like.

Although I can understand that they're trying new things with the electro-pop, I miss them doing hip hop stuff too. So Hallelujah was really really good for me. I also miss them dancing hip hop like they did back in '07. They were really good. Even TOP danced!

I only got into BB heavily in '08 but I knew of them early in their debut times (courtesy of Se7en). I wasn't interested about them so much so, didn't pay attention. But what I lacked in time, I made up with enthusiasm. So I basically had their older efforts in my ipod then. What attracted me to them, ironically, was their debut Lalala and VIP which I saw in YT instead of Sunset Glow promo that time. So, yes I miss those type of songs from them. I liked their electro-pop efforts but not as much as their older stuff. Lies and Haruharu were really good and probably brought in more pop fans but they were not as hard hitting as their earlier tracks.

Guest GDBABYBABY

i first became a fan...well...when they first began actually, with their since 2007 album. my peak of fandom was between the always minialbum-remember album. i guess i took a short break from asian entertainment and when i returned i returned to a electronic/autotune heavy big bang, and i was not pleased. this includes beautiful hangover. don't stone me. however this is just my opinion as a fan who longs for the big bang of two years ago. the big bang that had real singing in them and the big bang who doesn't look like they need to stay confined in the pages nylon nippon. really. it hurts to admit this, but i just don't like the recent big bang as artists anymore...

stay tuned to the new korean comeback, I think they made a different style in korea and in japan.

I didn't like some japan songs too, but I still prefer to the improvement of them in live shows.

I think they may not use autotune too much in korean comeback album.

Plz give them the last chance. ^^

Guest SoshiBangBang

I'm guessing BHO will be the last japanese song they do in a while. We will only see changes in popularity when everyone can speak fluent Japanese and have hardcore promotions in Japan for prolly 6 months of a year which I fear might happen after this Korean Album.

Guest juang_bb

^^^ @no1chronoptimist thank you again. did i say how much i love you right now?!? LOL!!!

anyway, the mezamashi interview was nice. see?!? i think we saw GD trying to speak japanese some videos ago... and now, TOP's trying to speak too. they may still be far from being fluent or at a level like maknae and YB are at, but just seeing them trying to speak the language makes me happy. i dont care if they just memorized those lines... for as long as they're trying. they're going to start somewhere and i believe G-TOP know themselves that they need to learn the language.

TOP indeed has good pronounciation. well, he's a rapper so i guess it's a must.

Do you like big bang's music as much as you did when you were first drawn to them?

I'm not sure how to answer this because I was first drawn to BB during their Korean promotions. And There is no way that I (nor most other VIPs) will say I enjoy their Japanese promotions over their Korean. I just think its best to separate the two. Lets just be honest BBs Korean songs are on a whole nother level than their Japanese. And then we have to take into account that Big Bang themselves have SOOOOOOOOOOOO much more input in their Korean songs since thats their first natural language in all. And people need to understand that BB is still a fish out of water in Japan; how long has it been 2years since they promote there? people act like they been there a decade :wacko: . They just can't hop in and start writing these mega complex songs in Japanese or producing whole albums because they just started really learning the language for themselves. Also what "works" in the Korean market may not really work in the Japanese market. Example: BBs hip/hop style. In Korean its HOT!! but in Japan that's basically non existent (at least to the mainstream). So to expect the same caliber songs is just pushing it if you ask me.

Even if they reach number 1 in Japan and have huge mega success ...I will still always prefer and want a Korean comeback because that was draws me in. Hell I have never really even listen to Japanese song but I do it for Big Bang. Its just a huge difference in language and quality for me.

Guest shinhdeplol

Big Bang on Vogue Japan (100827)

dscf1089.th.jpgmg020.th.jpg

Scan by Tisya@bigbangupdates

Big Bang on B-PASS Magazine Japan (100827)

mg019.th.jpgmg018.th.jpgmg017.th.jpg

Scan by Tisya@bigbangupdates

C: bbupdates @ YT

Guest shinhdeplol

Se7en's favorite dancers [ENG]

C: T2SforJAY @ YT

Taeyang is in the list too ^^

- - -

Jiyong was featured in HIGH CUT

http://www.highcut.co.kr/bbs/board.php?bo_table=fashion_editor&wr_id=8447

1351589700_1568ede1_EBB2A0EC8AA4ED8AB83.jpg

More photos of Seungri in 'Enjoy Today' from MBC

bbhseungrimbc.jpg

bbhseungrimbc1.jpg

source : MBC

thanks to Jeri

taken from bigbanghaven.blogspot.com

c44c45cc1b21f779f9dc61f.th.jpg02c23a270a7db177c99559f.th.jpg8ffa931dba1c955b403417e.th.jpg9a5ae10474fa8f897b8947d.th.jpg23ac96cfa4e5e45401e9289.th.jpg

76ba3f4556a0d64d6a63e51.th.jpgc49b20cd8e8cbc7db700c87.th.jpg479c1b70fb96da588701b09.th.jpg74403f56e91c8280b745aed.th.jpg806134eae5f1497bb90e2dc.th.jpg

a9b3481de02967b01bd5768.th.jpgab6f9dd0eed92970960a161.th.jpgc5e4e440e1a1b95772f05dc.th.jpgfa479ac021536311b219a87.th.jpg80731902.th.jpg

a10pu.th.jpga11y.th.jpga12n.th.jpg

65662328.th.jpgs10ek.th.jpgs11f.th.jpg94369749.th.jpg

75217140.th.jpg87777991.th.jpg76650472.th.jpg98428967.th.jpg

13559912.th.jpg27759240.th.jpg61017427.th.jpg63112336.th.jpg

39673374.th.jpg45447269.th.jpg81385038.th.jpg91993561.th.jpg

84726813.th.jpg80881652.th.jpg98480981.th.jpg64285066.th.jpg

C: Mantra•甫 @ baidu

v That Vogue photoshoot took place, i think, almost 2 years ago :lol:

Guest juang_bb

The vogue photoshoot... I know it's vogue but what have they done to the boys??? I can barely recogniza them especially yb and maknae. Sr looks like a girl with that wig. And they're definitely not short on make up. It's like GD's vogue genie photoshoot all over again. Mad props to the boys for still rocking the concept. They sure know how to work it... High fashion style. I really had to stare at that pic for awhile before it sank to me that it was all 5 boys. I thought top had a photoshoot with female models since he's the one I only recognized at first... Until I recognized gd then dae...I had to go back and forth with yb and maknae. Yeah, that was quite a surprise LoL!!!

Guest andloveyelledno

If that's what you were working for my bad. I seem to have misinterpreted your intentions, from what I was seeing around I thought It was an attempt to show YG the popularity of the group around with high views in a short time. So with comments like we've been mashing f5 n refreshing to get it up made me think wrongly of what you all were doing.

well any how I've lost track of what I wanted to say and think it's time to get some Tacos

I was just speaking for myself :) I'm sure there were people who were trying to do just that.

Love the With Magazine scans! That hair really compliments GD, I must say. And boy, can the man work that pink scarf! Must be his new favorite item.

The Vogue shoot had me laughing out loud! Playing dress up, were we? TOP especially...LMFAO!

Guest intelligirl

News about an upcoming Interview with GD!

intelskdragonskaug26xvi.jpg

intelskdragonskaug26xvi.jpg

:wub:

한국시간 8월 27일 밤 10시

'인텔 크리에이터즈 프로젝트' 웹 사이트 http://www.thecreatorsproject.com/ko-kr

최초로 공개되는 지드래곤 인터뷰!

[출처] 열두 번째 크리에이터 G-드래곤 인터뷰 동영상이 드디어 LIVE됩니다!!!!|작성자 TCP manager

G-DRAGON YG 신사옥에서 1대 1로 이루어진 지드래곤의 인터뷰.

한국에서 가장 촉망받는 크리에이터 중 한 명인 지드래곤 의 음악과 예술 그리고 삶에 대한 솔직담백한 생각이 8월 27일 밤 10시에 공개됩니다.

기대 많이 해주세요~!

'인텔 크리에이터즈 프로젝트'(http://www.thecreatorsproject.com/)

[출처] 열두 번째 크리에이터 G-드래곤 인터뷰 동영상이 드디어 LIVE됩니다!!!!|작성자 TCP manager

source: dcgd

V Oh haha, no problem. Sorry, I was a bit excited!!

Archived