★彡yg ♪♬♪ The Official Big Bang [빅뱅] Thread ver. 2

Guest the7REAL.

I know I sound mean or rude or whatever

then why even say it when you know others will be pissed?

and I know that I have no control over them and whatever but if they do 5 out of whatever # of things on this list I can't help but to see them indifferent from any other idol group.

They have already done 5 out of what you have mentioned in the past sooooo I don't get your point.

Big Bang are muscians right? Well why do I see and hear things that I just listed coming from them? They have the capabilities to be considered muscians but when I watch their music videos from 2009 and later I can't help but to think of them as another idol group. Honestly I'm not impressed by any of their recent stuff (Japanese or not) and I just hope that they would blow me away with a not so generic kpop song.

They are more musicians than any other idol can say. You hear those things because as a musician Big Bang likes to experiment so of course their going to try things here and ther but the bulk of their music is of true quality INCLUDING there recent stuff. There was not auto tune in TMG. I respect your opinion if you like their Japanese music or not but to mention Big Bang in the same sentence as GENERIC is a sin in this thread. I'm getting heated just from reading it.

P.S: I am a very very very very big fan of Big Bang, I just wanna prove the stupid butthead hater at the AKP forums wrong.

I'm sorry but I feel like thats a cop out. You can't wrap up all those harsh words than say .....well I'm a huge fan???? wtf if your a huge fan than you would know that their music is anything but generic.. fck haters. VIPs don't need to prove shiz to anyone. Stop worrying about haters so much.

• Replies 42.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

THEIR KOREAN COMEBACK BETTER NOT CONTAIN ANY OF THESE THINGS:

Autotune ( they have very good vocals by themselves they don't need autotune like other idol groups)

Eye liner ( they are men and not a visual kei band, any makeup besides concealer is unnecessary)

Tight pants ( no I don't need visual proof that they are really male through their pants)

Screaming out the year ( we know what year it is)

5 seconds of rap ( I would like longer rap parts from both rappers)

Any clothing that contains metallic material ( it's very unflattering)

Techno beat ( it sounds the same in all songs and plagerism issues would come out)

Shirt ripping or ab flashing ( I can't take any group seriously with that)

Effortless lyrics ( if you're gonna make a catchy song, at less have some good lyrics to back it up)

An overused concept ( I would like to see something different from BB and not wait everyone else is doing.

lol the list that u don't want BB to do r the very ones they set it as a trend in kpop industry

Love it or hate it ur choice :phew:

Guest heartsburstintofire

mm..i think you're forgetting or ignoring or watever it is...the fact that bigbang is a KOREAN band. not american, not korean-american, etc. altho what they do/might do/have done might not be your fav (or perhaps you're talking about other artists), its what is well-recieved in korea. yea, these boys are musicians, but they are mainstrean musicians..so they have to keep that balance. yes, they have to (and have) push foward and bring new things to the table. and of course, make the korean public accept/like what they like/bring to the table..bc thats what pop artists do. but esp, in kpop...the korean public has a certain taste, just like you and i do, that we might not like/understand. but its a CULTURAL thing..which to me a while to accept. (i have come to accept this..i just refuse to accept and do not understand why the korean general public are so inflexible in mainstream music. its either pop or ballad. and pop most of the time includes dancing) so bigbang has to bring all this into account when creating their new album. altho yg pushes the envelope with mainstream music..they are still mainstream artists (and want to be) so they have to work within certain boundaries.

and a few things you listed includes what bigbang made mainstream. yea, some people did it before, but many credit bigbang for making the public actually accept and follow these trends. guys wearing eyeliner, baggy then skinny jeans, etc. also, korea (like europe) adores techno. they always have and i think always will. here in america (where im from), its not that big..but again, a cultural difference. fortunately, koreans are starting to get over autotune..so we'll see about that.

just wantedd to make this point bc im hearing a lot of talk about how people dont like some stuff that bigbang does. and thats fine. i dont like everything either. but i just with people would consider the cultural aspect. bc if not, we just all sound really ignorant. (no offense intended)

I completely understand the whole cultrual differences but it's not very pleasant to the ear, mind, and heart when your family is mistaking male idols for girls :P and now that I know that BB are trendsetters, I'm hoping that they put a hault to that whole trend.

Anyways since you've said that BB are trendsetters, can't they change the sound just a little bit? CN Blue did with their guitars and all that and that didn't hurt their debut, so just because the techno stuff is what's popular right now doesn't mean that BB can't change the sound and turn it into neo classical pop or something like that.

Okay guys why are we arguing about this? Just wait until the album is out and just wait and see how our boys will amaze us. Actually men now...so it's twice the amazement. I feel like we're all over the edge because we've waited for so long and can't help but feel anxious. I'm sure that people are voicing out just to calm their nerves a bit. I mean there were negative comments about Taeyang's comeback and his songs too...but soon everybody came to love it. Because rather than Big Bang adjusting to the public's taste. I think that as fans, we adjust to their taste and that's why I love Big Bang so much because they expose fans to such a wide range of music. Regarding GD producing issue...I'm sure it's not only him. Because TOP is heard to be composing too, and Seungri is always active in the choreography and I'm sure Daesung and Taeyang will add their own flavors to the songs too...so I don't see why everyone is so upset.

Guest Michala01

lol the list that u don't want BB to do r the very ones they set it as a trend in kpop industry

Love it or hate it ur choice :phew:

Lol THIS THIS THIS

Some people seem to forget that. 

well it seems to me that you took what I said the wrong way. I wasn't really expecting angry fan girls and blah blah blah.

I already know that Big Bang are muscians it's just that they haven't been showing that muscian side of them lately.

And the whole list thing was purely just for lulz, please don't take it the wrong way :)

It's hard to take it as something purely "for lulz" when you pretty much say that if Big Bang does these things you can't see them as any different from any other idol group.

But like someone mentioned above, that list it pretty petty. Instead of focusing on all the things Big Bang shouldn't do in order to not seem like everyone else, isn't it better to think about (and be excited about) how they can and will demonstrate, once again, that they are more than idols?

You say you know that they are musicians & that you want to see more of that side to them because you haven't seen that lately. If you want to to talk about their recent stuff--aka their Japanese promotions and what, songs for soundtracks and the hyundai world cup song?--you can't even say those are fair examples with which to measure their growth as musicians.

I'm pretty sure Big Bang has never thought of themselves as idols. So they wouldn't get caught in the trap of doing what's trendy or popular.

GD, TOP, and Taeyang have all expressed how they want to get back to making music. You seem overly concerned that them doing autotune/techno means they're following the pack. If it's what they want to do, then let them do it. I'm sure they'll do something with it that no one is doing.

As much as kpop IS a competition, I'd rather them do music they actually like then try to break some sort of trend by doing music they don't care about or can't get behind. Who cares if CN Blue has guitars? Good for them. That's CN Blue. That's not Big Bang.

Instead of criticizing them before you've even hear their new stuff, why don't you just let them make the music they want to make and judge from there?

It's hard to take it as something purely "for lulz" when you pretty much say that if Big Bang does these things you can't see them as any different from any other idol group.

But like someone mentioned above, that list it pretty petty. Instead of focusing on all the things Big Bang shouldn't do in order to not seem like everyone else, isn't it better to think about (and be excited about) how they can and will demonstrate, once again, that they are more than idols?

You say you know that they are musicians & that you want to see more of that side to them because you haven't seen that lately. If you want to to talk about their recent stuff--aka their Japanese promotions and what, songs for soundtracks and the hyundai world cup song?--you can't even say those are fair examples with which to measure their growth as musicians.

I'm pretty sure Big Bang has never thought of themselves as idols. So they wouldn't get caught in the trap of doing what's trendy or popular.

GD, TOP, and Taeyang have all expressed how they want to get back to making music.

Instead of criticizing them before you've even hear their new stuff, why don't you just let them make the music they want to make and judge from there?

haha you thought what I said was bad? Lol

nothing is wrong with critisism, even from your favorites.

haha you thought what I said was bad? Lol

nothing is wrong with critisism, even from your favorites.

Um. I'm not blind to their faults. I can dish out criticism even towards my favorites. But how are you one to criticize their comeback when it hasn't even happened yet?

Um. I'm not blind to their faults. I can dish out criticism even towards my favorites. But how are you one to criticize their comeback when it hasn't even happened yet?

Again I was kidding...

I don't find anything wrong with predictions and it's just my opinion, it's not like it's gonna matter to them. Ok so if they did all the stuff that I listed yeah you would support them but would you take them seriously? Think about it...

Guest toozdae08

I can't believe that once we leave one negative topic we move on to a new one. VIPs please stop arguing amongst ourselves. All I want right now is a mv for Beautiful Hangover and YB's IBT performance.

VIPs our boys men are coming back. Just be happy about it, not list things you don't want. Say what you want from them, our hopes from them and revisit why we love them. I honestly didn't think that the day BB finally announced their long awaited comeback, ppl would be like this. Some of the concerns were valid (like their health and promotion times, etc) but I hope we can move on from that. We're getting a new mv in a matter of days, a new Japanese single next week (along with another song), YB's having a very sexy concert (plus another mv and another new song later this week) and then it's a comeback. Why so mad VIPs?

Guest blank_blank_cuti3

There's so much discussion here! here's my 2 cents...

Honestly, for the people who are already critizing GD as a main producer...isn't that too much!? I've already expected it, but I didn't expect it to come that fast...GD has been pretty much the main producer of Big Bang since Lies if u haven't already know, he has alot to say in the direction he wants to take with Big Bang, but that doesn't mean he's writing all the songs on the album though he could be...I'd rather have him as the main producer than Teddy or other people in all honesty...I've been disappointed in most of Teddy's tracks recently so yeah....and no one knows Big Bang more than GD so I honestly think it's best that GD takes the job. Also, a producer doesn't mean that he has to produce all of the tracks...I'm sure TOP, TY, SR, and DS could write some tracks too, but Gd just has alot to say in the direction of the album that's all...GD has said before that he's not satisfied with BB's album after Lies, so I'm hoping with 2 years being away, BB's album will be something epic and refresing!

At the end of the day, I'm just happy that they're finally gonna comebacK! As for awards, I don't really care cuz I think YG only attends like 2 award shows at the end of the year, one being MKMF, the other being Seoul Music Awards which is the begining of 2011, so it's all good...LOL...

And like toozdae08 said, let's all move on...we don't need to argue...just sit back and wait for their comeback! XD

Guest toozdae08

^

Thank you, a positive post. I could care less about awards myself (though I do love it when our boys win). All I want is new music, new MVs and some new trends in kpop.

And can we move on from heartsburstintofire's comments please? It's been discussed for almost a page now.

Again I was kidding...

I don't find anything wrong with predictions and it's just my opinion, it's not like it's gonna matter to them. Ok so if they did all the stuff that I listed yeah you would support them but would you take them seriously? Think about it...

If there was ever a group in kpop who could pull off all of that, I'd give it to Big Bang.

But of course they wouldn't do that.

I'm not going to argue about this anymore. But I will end by saying that you can try to disguise all your critiques of them by claiming them as "jokes," that they are just "for lulz," that you weren't serious so you didn't expect "angry fan girls and blah blah blah" but at the end of the day, your critiques are unfounded.

& no amount of LOLs or :D changes that.

REMEBER the RULES people i mean y are we arguing about bigbang concept

of coming back they rock watever they wear and sing i mean the list was

stupid enough to proof ur not a vip i mean u dont have to POINT i straight

out cuz u know their will be a problem to all the VIP around the world so keep

the list to urself!! and JUST be happy BIGBANG coming back!!!!DONT U DARE say GD not a good producer!!! GD has always done a great job i love his WORK so im not hating on it no one should call themself VIP and list wat u hate about bigbang and not wanting to see! IF U KALL U A VIP then damn keep things to urself! LETS END THIS u all posted more than the RULE!! every kpop group will always have hater!!!

Guest shinhdeplol

I think we should all move on. There has been so many negativity and I think its not really necessary. Lets all cheer up that we finally get a glimpse of their comeback and hope that they will impress everyone once again.

The LOTTE Premiere is starting in 2 hrs and a half ^^

And dont forget that Tae is comng back this afternoon on Music Core ^^

Guest toozdae08

Our boys are working hard VIPs so let's be supportive. Since these haven't been posted here some pics

YB sleeping at the gym again

taeyangie.jpg?w=468&h=624

Hwangssabu: 고독한 자기관리 22 / 어제밤 휴식중인 태양~

Translation: Lonely self-management 22, Taeyang taking a break last night~

Seungri filming "Enjoy Today"

gaqgaqg.jpg

Precious YB is working his richard simmons off hes so sleepy :wub: I can't wait till his performance of IBT. Seungri is looking like a high roller :lol:

And I also want to say that GD is a perfectionist!! he has always been that way and always will be that way. So to think he would put out anything less then his absolute best is crazy talk. This IS GD were talking about. Trust him.

If there was ever a group in kpop who could pull off all of that, I'd give it to Big Bang.

But of course they wouldn't do that.

I'm not going to argue about this anymore. But I will end by saying that you can try to disguise all your critiques of them by claiming them as "jokes," that they are just "for lulz," that you weren't serious so you didn't expect "angry fan girls and blah blah blah" but at the end of the day, your critiques are unfounded.

& no amount of LOLs or :D changes that.

[/quote

ok so what I basically said that yg haters are on the rise and some stuff that they were saying were true and I wanted to prove them wrong by bb explosive comeback that changes Korean music forever and maybe come to dbsk level. I do apologize for being negative though.

But this whole argument was blown out of proportion and sorry if I hurt anyones feelings. Idc if you hate me or not I LOVE YOU ALL

and no I'm not trying to win anybody respect I'm just saying what on my mind.

Dude did you even take the time to read anything I just said.

What I'm basically saying is BB haters (well just YG artist in general) are increasing and some of the stuff Their saying is true and I want to prove them wrong by bb having an explosive comeback that changes Korean music history forever. Nothing too negative but I guess people here are a little more sensitive here than in other forums. But then again other forums have bashing threads so that might be the case.

I do apologize for my negative

Archived