★彡yg ♪♬♪ The Official Big Bang [빅뱅] Thread ver. 2

Guest the7REAL.

• Replies 42.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest ooxstacee

When I read that they're coming back in October~November, I freaked out. I have to say ... I am so freaking excited.

BUT! I'm not letting my hopes get too high. Number one reason being it's YG we're talking about, lol. T__T!

I don't trust him and his predicted times. >__< 2NE1 would have about 2 months of promotions [since theirs is a full album also], so that'd be around November when they're done. Plus, YB will be busy practicing and planning for his solo concert. YIKES. But YG is kind of ... what's the word? Brave? Hahah. Man got guts to pull amazing stunts.

As for it being a 100% GD produced album, I'm expecting some hating to go ><! I'm dying but still waiting. But I kind of wished there were some other producers involved in the album. I also like variety, like many of you do. I love GD to death [if you've been around for some time, you'd know I'm ><], but 2ne1 got Will.I.Am, can't we get someone different for a few songs too!? LOL! Oh well, maybe next time.

AH. >< That's kind of creepy, lol.

Can't wait for Ri's MC-ing. :P Nice painted face, lol.

yeah you know they did said produce all the songs not wrote all the song .. O.o OR IS IT the same ????

answer to that please `-`

i hope or i was hoping or im hoping TOPs work or some songs of him are in this album T.T I DONT know i feel like if TOP doesnt contribute at all ill feel a little dissapointed :S

the article meant more like contribute to each song. so it can be co-composing or writing lyrics or even maybe arranging (which he rarely does..it think hes just not there yet as a producer). basically, we'll see his name on the credits of every song..it just depends where

top might? but i feel like anything he creates will probably be saved for his solo album

Guest teenace

If its later then early October then YG can suck it. If BB actually come back November-December then I'm dissappointed cause it shows YG doesn't care for VIPz at all. No wonder GD's had really bad eyebags in the Anniversary Video, he is making the whole album himself. Taeyang is already tired and Daesung/Seungri just started filming their drama and show. Do we really want Big Bang to come back like this? They look sooo exhausted. I want them to comeback with lots of energy even if its next year.

A LATE album with a tired group,nice YG nice.

I'm glad its a full album. I rather have GD do the whole thing then for Teddy(another overworked artist) to repeat his old beats. Perry+Kush would've been nice too.

EDIT: Am I the only one who's not happy here?

Guest andloveyelledno

Yeah, it's probably that he's producing. I mean...the though of GD doing EVERYTHING on his own for a full album doesn't make any sense. It's too much for just one person.

Maybe the guys helped in writing. It's tough because Taeyang is busy with his promotions, TOP and Daesung are currently working on their own albums so...they have very little time to really contribute to this one. I don't know why work on this album didn't start long ago, even if with just one or two songs. Things always feel so rushed at YG.

I don't want them to rush things, I want this comeback to be well thought out and planned. The guys have been gone for 2 years, this needs to be EPIC. I don't want no half assed promotions, i'll gladly wait if it means this won't happen.

Remember that stalker pic of GD in the studio :lol: Now we know hes listening to our future favorites song :wub:

I wonder what type of album we will be getting? I kind of hope that they include more HIP/HOP songs. I'm trusting GD to put a lot of variety on this album. Also Seungris voice has come a LONG way so he should definitely get more parts that usually does. omg I can't stop thinking about all the possibilities .! This is exciting!!

I think they will wrap up Japanese promotions pretty soon so It shouldn't be a problem if they get at least a month of rest. I'm gonna guess they will choose November. Trust me YG is not going to put them out if they are exhausted. Hell look at how long of a break 2NE1 got.

Guest Michala01

omg!!!!!!!!!!! 

2llzpqg.jpg

w00t.gifw00t.gifw00t.gifw00t.gifw00t.gifw00t.gifw00t.gifw00t.gifw00t.gifw00t.gifw00t.gifw00t.gifw00t.gifw00t.gifw00t.gifw00t.gif

I might cry from happiness. Obviously nothing is certain but WE HAVE SOMETHING FINALLY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

PRODUCED BY GD? OMG OMG I WANT TO HEAR IT NOW! 

JFKDLFAERIOWERHSEFDWEIORU SOOOOOOO HAPPY 

Guest toozdae08

@teenace No, you are not the only one.

And whoever is going minuses everyone needs to stop being butthurt, we're just concern about the boys.

Honestly, I'm not sure what to think cause this is what I wanted so YAY!!! In fact just a few minutes ago I was all for it but now that it's real, I'm concerned. I watched the boys on the anniversary video and Seungri was the only one very excited, YB didn't even clap at the start, could barely concentrate on the recording and ran out asap. GD is now under immense pressure, YB was literally begging for a break on the last episode of RS and that's after a month of promotions and I dont know if he'll be ready to hit it again so soon (a lot of you guys been complaining about his vocals lately but he's juggling 3-4 live music shows a week, recording for albums and singing at concerts/festivals). Without rest he wont be able to sing and then what?

I trust GD's direction and production skills so I'm not to worried about that but it's the whole are the boys alright that I'm worried about. I want GD to oversee everything but I also want as many eyes and ears on this album as possible to make sure it's as epic as it should be. I also don't want this to feel like Heartbreaker part 2 - love GD and the album to death but some of my fav songs are A Good Man and Tell Me Goodbye. AGM is TOP, TMG was for YB and it's Perry. The members are so busy that I'm not sure how much collective say they're putting into this - they didn't even have enough group time to record TMG all together but recorded it separately. This better not be a rushed album, I'll be mad as hell if this is a rushed album or anyone collapses (looking at you YB). Performances will be brilliant cause BB never lets us down.

On the other hand.

BIG BANG IS BACK ...

ALL OTHERS FALL BACK ...

CAUSE THEY WILL PWN ALL.

B TO THE I TO THE G ....B TO THE ANG.

@teenace No, you are not the only one.

Oct-Nov ? YG is definitely not aiming any AWARD for BB. Somehow I feel “unfair”, thinking BB has always been the cashcow for YG. I will not richard simmons at YG now but I will surely be upset during the year-end award shows. But I guess being YG fans, we should be getting used to it by now. I was hoping their comeback will be next year if they could not come back on Sep.

About GD being the main producer, I also wish that he is NOT the only one producing the entire album. Everyone like variety and it is not good that all the pressure will be on him. But I am sure there will be a lot of help from other producers as well. One good thing about GD’s producing BB album is he knows what to get the best from other members. So I will wait until I hear the entire album.

Guest intelligirl

We just have to wait. Maybe this is pessimistic, but I honestly DO NOT trust YGEs words at this point. Last December I had the impression that Big Bang would make their comeback at the beginning of the year and that did not happen. It's been pushed all the way to the last quarter of the year.. I kinda wish for a comeback in early 2011 instead of Oct - Dec, but like I said nothing is definite and I don't know what to expect because I've lost trust in empty promises *sorry, sorry :(*

I don't mind that GD produced the album, since he's produced a lot of my fave big bang songs. But I do hope that all the boys were a part of the creative process and actually I'd be surprised if they did not contribute in some way.

So, I'm not getting hyped up right now because I'd like to see more action and less talk. I will wait patiently to see what happens and I'll support them in every step of the way :D

Finally korean comeback!

Exited..will come back to write more on this..need to sleep right now lol

edit:i don't mind waiting till next year for their comeback..its just that i want their korean comeback to be epic and refreshing

I prefer GD's work than Teddy's *sorryTeddy'sfans* =)

Guest andloveyelledno

Okay so producing is not the same as composing, which i'm sure GD will also help in. And writing.

I think him being the only producer means he's completely in charge of overseeing all the songs, choosing which ones make it into the album, etc. And I have complete faith in him when it comes to this.

All in all, I'm quite confident YG's finest composers will be contributing to this album. *worried look* Teddy's resting, right? LOL i'm sorry but I need a break from his stuff.

The issue now is that the boys are well rested. I agree with you guys, they looked like they could barely muster up enough energy to talk during the 4th Anniversary video. This is not how we want to see them on stage, with fake smiles and exhausted minds. Maybe i'm over thinking and worrying too much, which Bae asked us not to do, but I can't help it. I care about them.

Guest toozdae08

^

Don't worry about Teddy, he's in the US on extended break which was why you didn't see him on YB's RS.

I'm not yet excited for 2 reasons

1. I'll believe more when I see some actual concept photos cause this is YG

2. I explained the other reasons above.

Bae did say not to worry and I'll try but the way he's been looking hasn't been easing my mind.

I know a lot of people don't trust YG but didn't BB say themselves during 4th anniversary that they are coming back to us really soon and for VIPs to trust them. I have officially gotten my hopes up :w00t: theres no going back now. It would be cool to win the year end award but I'm honestly so Big Bang deprived that I can't bring myself to complain about the timing. I'm just going to be grateful they will be back. More focus on the music and less on awards!! YGs new slogan.

Guest teenace

It would be cool to win the year end award but I'm honestly so Big Bang deprived that I can't bring myself to complain about the timing. I'm just going to be grateful they will be back. More focus on the music and less on awards!! YGs new slogan.

Its not only about the awards,their health comes first. I rather they wait until they rest.

Looks like they will go on promoting their single while having a concert/variety/drama in a diffrent country.

Its too much to also have a group album. I don't see a resting period at all. At least 2NE1 and Se7en had a long break. Its not fair to Big Bang or their fans to have half richard simmons promotions. Like someone said BB are YG's biggest cashcow and yet they don't get treated how they deserve.

Guest propera898

aigooooo,,, why did i have t fall for such a complicated gruop ?? i think this its bad for my health aigooo

first they are always so secretive about wtf Its going own o whats going to happen . YG its like so crazy , never doind what he says itll happen and not caring for BB enough ... i really think he is trying to send all his singer this year NO MATTER WHAT imean TY is been working like crazy with his solo and with BB ,,, Daesung its working like crazy for his new drama and to add it alittle more to DS pressure its a musical kind of drama which requires a lot of physical energy and also doing BB activities The poor boy has lost so much weithg and nobody seem to notice , i dont know if people doesnt notice fot the shape of hhis face but his cheeks are completly GONE !!!! HE looks esxhausted T.T also does TY Seung ri well aint he doing his variery show WELLL makne has alot of energy so im not worried about him ... GD richard simmons me off he is doing all the work for their new album cuz TOP has a lot time to spare right now he can contribute!! and TOP i dont know whats he doing but he looks like his attention is off i seriosusly have A hate love for TOP lol

and really BIGBANg DOESNT get treated the way they deserve ,, have they ever had a break !!!! no they are always promoting always if its not in korea its in japan or doing concerts or a LOTS Of CF ,,,,, imean it they are the cashcows of YG as someone said T.T

IM JUST cOMPLAINING ALOT SORRY .... i guess i will folllow TY advice and not to worry

and trust them ,, such a complicated gruop lol. I LOVE THEM ,... wah WELL if they comeback ill supporting no matter what :D

Guest jeannielam3004

Im sorry if im annoying anyone here, but i think anything GDrelated especially about his producing/composing skill, people still feel...... hmmm.... doubtful n not happy..... why ...

For all the readers visit this thread, vipz or not, i hope you guyz will be more understanding after reading this (just some flashback), YG himself explained it few times but people dont really care for or take time to read it <__<

From YG letter 30 . 04. 09:

I think there are several small misunderstandings and rumors on GD’s composing as most of the songs are co-produced.

For example, some say GD’s just putting his name on a song that the co-producers composed mostly. Also, some say “How can he be composing when he can’t even rearrange a song?”

I’m announcing you that for all the songs GD co-produced, he made the melody, rap and lyrics 100% except for the accompaniment.

The composers in YG tend to make the accompaniment (base line or beat) before they make melody and they even make 2 to 3 beats a day.

To tell you the process of a song produced, GD chooses some beats he prefers from hundreds of beats that the composers have made, and GD composes melody and lyrics by himself at home. Then he pre-record (demo) the music and when the song is decided to be in an album, BIGBANG members discuss with each other and then they record the music after some practice.

YG composers are very critical and do their best to make a completed piece of music so the beats they have are not easy to be presented in public. As a result, co-producing with GD is a ‘win-win’ strategy for each other.

Like GD doesn’t participate in making the base line (or beats), the co-producers don’t involve in the melody and lyrics that GD composed even a 1%. (This is same for the songs TOP had composed.)

From YG letter 09. 24. 09:

There are opinions which claim that "the issue has elevated because YG has been covering G-Dragon

as a genius composer". What do you think about this?

- The funny thing is, for the past 9 years G-Dragon has resided in YG, never I nor YG called him as a genius

composer. I am known to be cold and objective from my artists. The fans know that I am not that kind of person

complementing the artists often. In opposite, the fans were upset because I talked about G-Dragon's collaboration

process with others.

There are around 60 songs which G-Dragon took part in compositing and writing lyrics. Usually he wrote the lyrics

by himself, but when composing music, he collaborated with many people. The reason is because he has been

really busy to take time arranging the songs. When G-Dragon was 16 years old, I have used my own personal

money to get him some musical gear, and G-Dragon has made many hiphop tracks, but because Big Bang debuted

and had rigorous schedule, it had been stopped. I heard that there are 10 people holding license for "Right Round".

It is such an ordinary way of composing music with others.

A few months ago, it is important to be able to arrange songs you have composed, but it is also important to make

the melodies and lyrics, and designing the structure of the song as a whole. They are important because they

cannot be only learned. You need that sense of gift for that part.

The term 'genius' does not suit the 22-year-old composer, and nor does he want it. The reason why so many

people have their hopes for him, is not because he is a genius, but because he has his unique style and sense

towards music. Extraordinary 13-year-old boy has become the G-Dragon of today, and people see him in the long

run and in his potential from today.

I think now I kinda understand what YG means, from the past till now, YG always says that GD, the producer of Big Bang this album that album..... because the whole album and idea is from GDRAGON, and of course with a lot of helps from mixing engineer, recording engineer, arrangers

We take a look at the credits of Big Bang's album n we will see that:

Executive producer from time to time is YG himself, coz this is his company n his artists

The main producer is always Gdragon

Co-producers: it can be YG (coz YG is also an engineer), Teddy ... But I never see the name of the other producers here.

-

-

-

-

-

-

-

About Gdragon's work in this album.... Im not suprised because he is the main producer of Big Bang... most of Big Bang HIT SONGS are from HIM.

He is the one who creates Lies, and Haru Haru , Last Farewell, etc ... and he absolutely can create another version of those songs to please people.

But Hell no, he doesnt like to repeat himself ... he takes another challenge, he composes Heartbreaker or Butterfly or Hallelujah, they are totally different form what he has done

What I want to say is, though I love to listen to other producers but this is Big Bang, I wanna listen to what music they are experimenting... but dude, Gsongs are really dopeee...

and GD is sure experimenting alot from the past till now... (Hot issue, Standup, Remember, etc)

plus he is really psyched (can I say), coz his song really tops the charts and wins everything and really meaningful at the same tim

P.S: I know everyone has their own bias, and want their favorite to take part in this or that.... however, this is music we're talking about, not something people can learn to create...... , or they can just compose whenever they want ... its not.

Creating music is just so wonderful ... its really inspiring ... i dont know how to say but its just.... that we enjoy Big Bang music is the most important thing,

and the fact that Gdragon is the one who produces is another thing to make us VIPz feel more proud about our boys and that fact makes them stand out/ not to be considered as idols in the industry. We must be happy .

Guest toozdae08

@teenace

They had minibreak earlier in the year after the ELT so they were rested. That ended in Mid Feb and they didn't really do anything till TMG started up in May. They had some activities like the Thailand cf and lollipop but that wasn't really big. However YB was busy producing his album, GD was busy producing BB's album, I'm not sure if TOP was still filming then but he is also in the middle of producing an album and so is Daesung while Seungri was at school. That's one of my biggest concerns besides the boys health. Everyone is/was so busy doing their own thing that I worry as to how invested everyone is in this. If they couldn't meet up to even record TMG how many songs did they record like that - we all love TMG and it sounded great (YAY PERRY) but it would be a lie to say I wasn't sad when I heard that. And this occurred when they were at their least busiest.

Part of it was seeing them so out of it during that anniversary video, Seungri is the only one that seems rested. I need them to release a happier interview so I can feel better. They have so much going on that I don't how they will collectively come together to make sure that this album sounds like Big Bang. I want them to sit down and come together for the concept and I want this album to be their main priority - not just GD's cause it's his neck that one the line the most here. TOP is working on his album but I'm hoping he's involve since that's all he's working on as far as I known, Seungri too despite his variety show. Dae and YB are the two I'm most concerned about since both are super busy. Plus BH promotions are soon and they'll be promoting that till mid Sept probably.

@ propera898

Don't think you're the only one who noticed Dae's weight loss. I just thought it was me though.

@ hayakatsu

They all needed that break but it was a max 2 days, plus YB still stressed from pressure. I'm just worried if they're not being pulled too thin. I worry for these boys a lot.

And I'm not concern about GD making good music but if GD's main job will be writing lyrics and melodies then that doesn't leave much else for the rest of the members to do, esp TOP considering he has both the time and the ability to produce good music. Thank god he's coming out with an album soon then. But this makes me hopeful for more Choice and Perry and some of the other new producers.

Guest hayakatsu

A little upset though - my baby YB is doing to die, I see collapse due to exhaustion or sever weight loss for him (he has already lost a lot of weight lately). He's been promoting since July 1st (mid June if you count his mv filming) and will continue solo work till the concert at the end of Sept. and BB will comeback in start to mid Nov. knowing YG and will probably continue till Dec. Almost 1/2 a year of solid promotion. If he doesn't get a weeks paid vacation after that to anywhere he wants I'll be mad.

YB did go on that vacation with YGFam so i'm sure he'll be fine. he's the type that can't rest for a long time anyways, right?? i don't think any of our boys would be comfortable just hanging around doing nothing. GD even said so. our boys are workaholics. hahah.

Archived