★彡yg ♪♬♪ The Official Big Bang [빅뱅] Thread ver. 2

Guest the7REAL.

Guest chopsticksandspoon

Big Bang cannot be considered a one-hit-wonder. Those who say that they are are merely wrong in their use of words. They may have just mistaken what a "one-hit-wonder" means.

The term one-hit-wonder generally refers to artists who are known only for one song. That one song is only popular for a short period of time that it can be considered a "fad" or a "bandwagon".

Sure, Lies is Big Bang's most popular song to date and it is surely what got Big Bang recognized but it is not the only song that Big Bang has produced that became hits and it is surely not only popular during that time nor is it considered a fad or a bandwagon.

I think what the others want to say is that Big Bang have not yet produced another song that has become as popular as Lies. While this is true, the other songs that Big Bang has produced has also become very popular and Big Bang has also become known for these follow-up songs.

Your other popular songs not being as popular as your most popular song does not make you a one-hit-wonder.

And that is what G-Dragon was saying. He thought that Lies was very popular, as is their other hits after that, however, he wants to move forward and have a new style and a new sound so that they won't be stagnant with their hits having the same sounds as before.

I hope that clears it up.

• Replies 42.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest yaoming11

^^ @Miared

lol Last Farewell was their single in Hot Issue.

I hope they don't get long hair, then they'll just be another one of those generic Kpop bands with the same long hair matching outfits.

Their style nowadays is more mature, they where a lot of European designers so they'll probably stick to galliano/givenchy and stuff.

I thought Haru Haru was good song, the MV might be chessy but the lyrics were deep and the melody was beautiful.

They seem to go electronicaish these days with gara gara go/heartbreaker. I think they should go back to House music (Lies/HaruHaru) those were their greatest hits.

and Big Bang isn't all gonna go leather/hoodies and that crap, every member is gonna have his own individual style, thats what makes Big Bang unique.

and lol Big Bang is definitively not a 1 hit wonder... that's got to be the most ridiculous statement ever

they're more like a 8 hit wonder and counting

Guest andloveyelledno

Excellent post, labingtatlo.

No, their following singles have not been the massive phenomenon that Lies was. Something like that is not easy to duplicate although it seems they tried with Haru Haru. GD now feels that was a mistake because what they ended up doing is standing still, repeating the same formula they used in the previous album. He wants the band and their music to evolve and i'm excited to know the next album is going to try to do just that.

A one hit wonder is someone who is known for just one song, because that's the only hit they ever had. This is obviously the wrong term to use in describing one of the most popular and influential bands in Korea...so that's why some fans are being a little defensive ;)

Guest itszmaeee

I've followed Big Bang ever since they debuted up until now and it is true their ONLY MAJOR BIG HIT was Lies. Meaning it was a more bigger hit than the rest of the songs they've promoted before. I'm pretty sure YG, the boys, their producers and Teddy will try their hardest to create a more bigger BANG! this year. If they do come back by the end of this year, YG and Big Bang will end this year with a more memorable and strong comeback.

I have 5 questions:

What the heck happened to TOP's MV? I thought it was supposed to be released officially or something.

When is Taeyang releasing his full album?

Where the heck is Seungri?

Is Daesung even releasing his own album this year?

What is GD going to do while the other 4 are doing their own thing?!

Wow, I don't understand how one can misinterpret One-Hit wonder....I mean it's in the name. Sure Lies is the most popular hit of theirs but they do have other hits. They have won awards and have many accomplishments, just cuz their other hits don't meet up to the expectation of breaking the hit of Lies doesn't mean they are One Hit wonders. Now if you wanna know a true One-Hit wonder, it's an american song called Tips. The artist hasn't made a new hit since, but I digress...

Anyways, that new album coming out is gonna be off the hook! Hope it's gonna be fresh and cool when it comes out. GD did say he wants there next music/album to evolve them and be better than before. So here's hoping!!!

Guest missARROGANT

Your other popular songs not being as popular as your most popular song does not make you a one-hit-wonder.

And that is what G-Dragon was saying. He thought that Lies was very popular, as is their other hits after that, however, he wants to move forward and have a new style and a new sound so that they won't be stagnant with their hits having the same sounds as before.

I agree with you and with some other people. It is true that LIES is their biggest hit. But it is so wrong to call them as one-time-hit. Personally I prefer haru haru than lies. Some other asian countries like vn,tw,bk,sg,etc.. haru haru is more popular than lie. What makes lies so popular is beacuse it is different from thier songs which produce before lies and it is the song that make their popularity skyrocked. After lies, they have so many other hits which is similar to lies although they are not totally the same. If you listen you can feel that it is Big Bang style.

Taeyang also mention this before. Instead of following the trend they should evolve their music styles. I think this is what GD is referring also. It is challenge/gamble for them to totally change their images/styles. But I am sure it will work for them. Sexy? Woots :D

I have 5 questions:

What the heck happened to TOP's MV? I thought it was supposed to be released officially or something.

When is Taeyang releasing his full album?

Where the heck is Seungri?

Is Daesung even releasing his own album this year?

What is GD going to do while the other 4 are doing their own thing?!

This is my understanding.

For top I think will release together with his full album.

I was waiting for taeyang too...may be his albumn will come out of the blue?

Seungri is starting his Uni life.

I guess Daesung has a lot of stuffs, album and drama.

GD will be working on BB new album and helping other solos.

Big Bang cannot be considered a one-hit-wonder. Those who say that they are are merely wrong in their use of words. They may have just mistaken what a "one-hit-wonder" means.

The term one-hit-wonder generally refers to artists who are known only for one song. That one song is only popular for a short period of time that it can be considered a "fad" or a "bandwagon".

Sure, Lies is Big Bang's most popular song to date and it is surely what got Big Bang recognized but it is not the only song that Big Bang has produced that became hits and it is surely not only popular during that time nor is it considered a fad or a bandwagon.

I think what the others want to say is that Big Bang have not yet produced another song that has become as popular as Lies. While this is true, the other songs that Big Bang has produced has also become very popular and Big Bang has also become known for these follow-up songs.

I hope that clears it up.

Yep, cleared it up perfectly!

I agree with you and with some other people. It is true that LIES is their biggest hit. But it is so wrong to call them as one-time-hit. Personally I prefer haru haru than lies. Some other asian countries like vn,tw,bk,sg,etc.. haru haru is more popular than lie. What makes lies so popular is beacuse it is different from thier songs which produce before lies and it is the song that make their popularity skyrocked. After lies, they have so many other hits which is similar to lies although they are not totally the same. If you listen you can feel that it is Big Bang style.

Taeyang also mention this before. Instead of following the trend they should evolve their music styles. I think this is what GD is referring also. It is challenge/gamble for them to totally change their images/styles. But I am sure it will work for them. Sexy? Woots :D

Sorry for cutting your post.

But you have just

said whatever is on my mind

upon reading through the comments

in the last page.

(especially the highlighted ones)

That is why when they start

to release similar music genre/style

like Last farewell,Haru Haru etc..,

it is no longer special since other

groups in the k-pop industry start

to follow on such genre.

But then the guys did start

a trend in the k-pop industry,whats

more Kwon leadah took part

in composing for the song 'LIES'

Sometimes,the BIG BANG guys

do not have full power

in the type of songs that wanted

to release for their album.

They have to go through YG,the main

guy before it can be accepted as

one of the songs in their album.

YG afterall is partly a businessman

too,of course he wanted

a music that cater to the mass;

& maybe that is the rreason why their 2ND ALBUM

was not as great as before(even though

the k-pop industry feels that

was one of their best one).

I myself feels that 'HOT ISSUE' & 'STAND UP'

album is their best minialbums to date

from them,as it gives out a special

BIG BANG style to it.

I am really looking forward

to their new album.

Hopefully that YG will allow

them some space into the type

of music they wanted to venture

& evolve to for their next album .

Guest shinhdeplol

K60.7185394_1_1.jpg

Y20.7185405_1_1.jpg

7Z0.7185438_1_1.jpg

MZ0.7185439_1_1.jpg

8O0.7185474_1_1.jpg

BH0.7185475_1_1.jpg

LS0.7185489_1_1.jpg

YY0.7185504_1_1.jpg

DA0.7185510_1_1.jpg

ZT0.7185547_1_1.jpg

C: 아찔한너 @ BBVIPZ

w-inds. x G-DRAGON (BIGBANG) Performing at Yokohama Arena!

BIGBANG's first tour since their Major Debut titled [bIGBANG ELECTRIC LOVE TOUR] started on February 10th at Yokohama Arena. In a while it had been their first one man live, which caused a great amount of excitement!

Moreover, with this live, there came a surprise! All of a sudden the three members of w-inds. joined the band on stage, which was a great thrill for the BIGBANG fans as well. The packed hall of Yokohama Arena was getting a full performance of w-inds. AND G-DRAGON!!

After their part of the show w-inds. commented [it was really a lot of fun! It seemed like the we could really do this as one unit through the dance music.]

Moreover, w-inds. new Album will be released of March 10th! There will be a collaboration with G-DRAGON, as well as the production with R&B star Ne-Yo and R&B producer Imai Ryosuke, a song of BACHLOGIC and a song produced by YG ENTERTAINMENT, all adding up to a fully packed Dance Music Album!

source : MusicJapanplus

taken from bigbanghaven.blogspot.com

LOLLIPOP2 single will be released on Feb 18th at 11 AM!!!! This is big news. And tmr I will be free all morning too ^^ Cant wait till the release of the song. Hope to see it conquering all charts :D

BIGBANG is back!!!!!!!

ah, another GD + W-inds collaboration, i'm looking forward to hear the new song

[iNFO] 『ELECTRIC LOVE TOUR 2010』 DVD

[DVD cover image is now printing!]

Release Date: April 28, 2010

Edition type: DVD 1 Disc

Item No.: UPBH-1258

Price (including tax): ¥ 4,930

Label: Universal J

And don't forget to watch the concert on 03/27 on TBS!

Note: this item is available only in Japan

[NEWS]BIGBANG's last tour leg at the Budokan.Tokyo Dome is next!!

On February 17th South Korea popular group,BIGBANG performed their final tour leg at the Budokan for the first time in their first major tour concert in Japan (at 3 venues, 6 performances and 50,000 audiences).Aoyama Thelma came as the guest appearance to sing the collaboration song 「Fall In Love」 together with SOL at the end and made it a total of 25 songs performed tonight.

It was a tough schedule started on the 10th and lasted for 8 days with 6 performances.

T.O.P 「The cheering from the fans is the energy 」 SOL 「(Is Tokyo Dome next?) For the best of luck,I'd like to 」 G-Dragon 「This (first tour) gives us a confidence 」

So, please look forward to the next concert to come.

Via daily

credit: TeamBIGBANG.blogspot.com

2월 19일 빅뱅 디지털 싱글 [Lollipop Pt.2] 발표 안내!!

안녕하세요.

YG 엔터테인먼트 입니다.

1년 여 만에 국내 신곡을 선보이는 빅뱅 [Lollipop Pt.2] 디지털싱글 발표 안내입니다.

지난해 LG CYON ‘롤리팝폰’의 광고음악으로 사용된 디지털싱글 ‘롤리팝’은 CM송임에도 불구하고

국내 모든 음원 차트 1위를 석권한 것은 물론 각종 패러디 UCC와 롤리팝 패션을 유행시키며

센세이션을 일으켰습니다.

이번에 발표하는 [Lollipop Pt.2] 역시 ‘롤리팝’의 주역이자 지난해 각종 히트곡을 양산해낸

프로듀서 테디(Teddy)가 작곡, 편곡하였으며 테디-지드래곤-탑이 공동작사한 곡으로 빅뱅

다섯 멤버들의 새로운 매력을 이끌어낸 일렉트로닉 힙합 곡이라 할 수 있습니다.

지난 ‘롤리팝’이 톡톡 튀는 매력을 고스란히 담아냈다면 이번 ‘롤리팝 Pt.2’는 빅뱅 멤버들의

섹시한 남성미를 발산시키고 있어 롤리팝폰을 매력적인 여성으로 비유해 이성을 향해 도발적이고

적극적으로 다가서는 노래 가사와 터프해진 다섯 멤버들의 보컬과 어우러져 한층 성숙된 빅뱅

멤버들의 매력을 느낄 수 있습니다.

♦ BIGBANG Digital Single [Lollipop Pt.2]

- 타이틀곡: Lollipop Pt.2

- 음원공개일: 2010년 2월 19일 오전 11시 각 온라인 음원 사이트

2월 19일 전 온라인 음원 사이트를 통해 공개 될 빅뱅 디지털싱글 [Lollipop Pt.2]

여러분들의 많은 관심과 성원 부탁 드립니다.

감사합니다.

http://www.ygfamily.com/noti/notice_view.html?seqno=21916

Lollipop 2 to be release tomorrow at 11AM

lol haha, there's a line that says "섹시한 남성미를 발산시키고 있어", and i think it means sexy masculine image?

lollipop 2 with sexy bigbang?

I totally love Mezamahi TV morning show!!

they have the most inside scoop from the boys concert..

plus the anchors of their show personally went to the boys concert..

u can see the ladies are shock when the saw their co-host up on the stage

with the boys..thats prove that the ladies went there personally..

and not for work..^^

Manknae was using a lame pun during his MC..

"Ramen,Sukimen,boku Ikemen.." lol..

I'm so loving Thelma and Bae performances together..

they looks so cute smiling at each other during their performance..

I lol-ed so hard looking at them teasing that host ossan..

he looks so flustered on stage..

keep following Bae no matter he goes..kekekekeke..

here's the clip!! ^^

Big Bang on Mezamashi TV Mitamon Ga-chi

C : TeamBIGBANG via VIPZ

Lollipop 2 Digital Single Release Date [NEWS]

After 1 year (from the first Lollipop single), Big Bang is back with Lollipop 2. The digital single will again be used for LG Cyon's CF just like last year.

Last year, Lollipop topped all charts and made "Lollipop Fashion" popular. There were also a lot of video parodies made.

This year, Big Bang will come back with a song that will showcase their improved vocals and harmony and manlier (sexy) image. Producer Teddy and Big Bang's G-Dragon and T.O.P collaborated for this song and the style of will be electronic hip-hop.

The digital single will be released on February 19, 2010 at 11AM on online stores.

~No mention of the MV or CF yet

CREDIT: http://www.ygfamily.com/noti/notice_view.html?seqno=21916

CREDIT: bigbangupdates.blogspot.com

^^OMG! SPAZZING RIGHT NOW! Top worked on the track also! I definitely can't wait! :) Big Bang is dominating 2010! First with their Big Show in Korea, ELT in Japan, all the solo albums and then the EPIC COMEBACK ALBUM! Super happy right now!

VIPs rejoice! Big Bang is definitely back!

Guest Banana Peel

Has this been posted yet?

Big Time DON!- Interview with Big Bang

cr: miseremeiYT01

wow, is it just me or did TOP get super skinny? D:

compared to his Iris days he looks so much - thinner! Maybe because of his haircut? And probably because he's like slouched down or something on a chair that makes him look so small LOL. oh top <3 hehehe.

YAYY, I can't wait for the lollipop to release, although I can't really imagine a manly lollipop song LOL. Hmm, considering that their pictures so far from cf is in front of the mv set (or maybe not), big bang probably already filmed their mv/cf for lollipop. And as for the lucky vip girl winner to be on the lollipop, maybe she'll be in like few scenes? :mellow: hmm, makes me wonder how they'll finish everything in time when I'm sure they haven't picked the lollipop girl, heh.

Guys,Please resize the pics><

thanks^^

First of all,Congrats! to BigBang for 9 successful concerts

in just less than 20 days..I'm so proud of them :D ..BB is VIP!

100218 Big Time DON! - Interview with Big Bang:

:o ..Taeyang and Thelma performed Fall in love...i want to see it><

I hope Rain is fallin and Fall in love performances will be included in the DVD

I'm going to be broke><..so many DVDs to buy,Big Show 2010,Shine A light and ELT..lol

W-indsXGD 2nd Collab:

arghhh...can't wait!..i love their performance on TBS Dec last year

Lollipop 2:

excited!..sexy image??..does that mean we will see the MV tomorrow??

@labingtatlo,jin009,dada and etc:thanks for your posts^^

BB is not a one-hit wonder band..they have produced many good hits which make them become more popular and more well-known..even their solo songs like Only Look at me, Look at me Gwisson,Strong Baby and HB are hits

Guest nisssr3

http://c.upanh.com/upload/3/79/MZ0.7185439_1_1.jpg

the first thing that i noticed is the scars on his arm.

i'm really anticipating lollipop 2!! can't wait for tomorrow! wow, tabi also collaborated with gd n teddy? DAEBAK! :D

this is a really great pre-comeback from the guys, this is like a warm up for the boys before they take kpop scene by strom in summer! YES, BIG BANG IS BACK, 2010!

Archived