★彡yg ♪♬♪ The Official Big Bang [빅뱅] Thread ver. 2

Guest the7REAL.

Guest whatnow

Hi. I've only liked BB since May or June last year... but it's only this week that I really started to watch their videos. And I'm still starting to get to know them... but I've also done some reading on them before... but it's not much, so yeah. I just wanna ask, why is TOP called Tabi? It's far from his real name or TOP or Tempo... and why is Seungri called VI? And about Dae's nick, why is he called D-Lite? Is there a deeper meaning behind that? I hope someone answers my questions (even if its a lot XD).

• Replies 42.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest iAmTan_1

^^actually all the members go to college and Seungri hasnt even started yet so we dont know if its fulltime or not. Also I think Seungri is a better dancer then Taeyang so its all preference so lets not compare. Up until 2009 Jiyong didnt do any solo activities so the manager hates him too? Plus Seungri has been doing fanservice since 2006 when they debuted,he's just like that.

Since you want people to reply to you,let me ask you, people mention Taeyang is the "singer" in the group then why is Daesung is sooo much better? Its just depends on your taste(:

Touche. I have to agree with you. Even though Taeyang is the "voice" of the group. Daesung sounds wayy better. I think Seungri has been told by the manager to do fanservice for the fans to like him for his personality and later buy his records. The same thing what American artist do. If an artist is an okay singer, their manager will have you pay attention to something else [aka Lady GaGa and her fashion] then fall in love with the voice and other talents.

But what about Taeyang and Gdragon being the reason on why BigBang was created? Do you think it's true?

@whatnot

Seungri is called VI in Japan because Seungri means Victory in Korean. VI=Victory=Seungri

TOP was originally given the name Tempo by Se7en during his training days. I think Tabi is from Bangs comics.

Taeyang is called SOL in Japan because Taeyang means Sun in Korean. SOL mean Sun in Spanish.

Daesung is called D-Lite in Japan because he light up the room with his presence or something like that.

The reason why they changed their name in Japan is because the Japanese/Foreigners might have difficulties pronouncing Korean names.

I hope that helped you.

Guest SoLgirl

Others mention that Seungri is the "dancer" of the group but how come Taeyang is wayyy better? I'm just saying.

Please feel free to comment on this post but let's keep it positive. Try to convince me that he belongs in the group rather than get angry at me. In other words, try to prove me wrong instead of bash me.

iAmTan_1

Hi iAmTan_1! :) I'm not trying to convince you but just wanna answer about the bolded part i quoted, ahhmm, although YB dances the best in the group but i think he can't make his own choreography, SR however can dance well and can make his own..and Shaun said in an interview that it's SR and GD that can catch up fastest with the choreography and specially VI can add up his own flavor from the choreo he teaches..so i guess that would count as SR's talent that YB don't have..

Please don't get me wrong for telling this...i don't really wanna enter this SR discussion thing but as i've said..just wanna answer that.. :D

and if not for SR, i don't know if i'm here right now reading and replying to your comments...and we know that idol group should do fan services although from BB it's not all the time but whenever they do, it makes me happy, if there's no SR in Bigbang, who would do the fanservice thing, it would be awkward for the other members to do so.. :)

Guest whatnow

iAmTan_1, thank you so much. That helped. :)

So they just made it to "VI" instead of saying Victory? Or VI is the korean word for victory?

I'm still confused about TOP being Tabi though... but as you said, it's from Bangs comics... is "Tabi" used there to make a cute nickname for TOP?

Guest teenace

Touche. I have to agree with you. Even though Taeyang is the "voice" of the group. Daesung sounds wayy better. I think Seungri has been told by the manager to do fanservice for the fans to like him for his personality and later buy his records. The same thing what American artist do. If an artist is an okay singer, their manager will have you pay attention to something else [aka Lady GaGa and her fashion] then fall in love with the voice and other talents.

But what about Taeyang and Gdragon being the reason on why BigBang was created? Do you think it's true?

Woah Woah,okay now you're really insulting SR and his fans. You think his fans only like him for his personality?

Okay I think I'm done talking about that cause its not doing anything to convince you.

But yeah I think Bae and GD were the reason BB were created since YG said that himself on the documentary.

Guest loveshatori

I maybe wrong, but I heard that Big Bang was created by YG only so that Taeyang and GD could get fame. However, YG didn't know that BigBang would be soooo successful [TOP doing movies and his eyes, Daesung's "ugly but cute personality" on Family Outing and Seungri is acting/going to school]. That's why Taeyang and GD release their solos first and everyone else is after.

What I also think is YG obviously doesn't think that Seungri has the "it" factor. Before you judge me as a "Seungri basher" listen as to why I think this. It is obvious in the documentry that Seungri wasn't as talented as the rest were. Even when you compare him to HyunSeung, HyunSeung was obviously more talented in the singing department. However, Seungri's charisma led him to be in BigBang and not his talent. The fact that he release "Strong Baby" was to see how the fans would react to it. It was somewhat successful. What really got me thinking YG isn't too keen of Seungri is...how all the sudden Seungri isn't doing any solo projects. All the sudden Seungri is going to college full-time. I don't care who you are, if you're talented enough your manager wouldn't really think about sending you off to college; They would think about having that person do activities, so they could make money. Seungri is doing fanservice because there's not much else he could do or the others are just too busy doing their own thing to do it.

Others mention that Seungri is the "dancer" of the group but how come Taeyang is wayyy better? I'm just saying.

I'm not trying to bash Seungri because I see that he does try really hard, but let's just face it; there is always one person in the group that is put in the group just for the sake of being in the group. Unfortunatley, it's the magnae Seungri.

Please feel free to comment on this post but let's keep it positive. Try to convince me that he belongs in the group rather than get angry at me. In other words, try to prove me wrong instead of bash me.

iAmTan_1

i know that is what you think but honestly you cant say yg doesnt think seungri doesnt have the it factor

i mean he did put him in the group

he wouldnt just him in for no reason

and maybe to you dont charisma isnt a talent but it is an ability that not everyone has that really helps you become successful in this industry

look at bom or some other singers they have vocal talent but on stage they dont really shine and can be awkward

alot of times they cant really command attention like alot of others

there is a reason why seungri has the second largest fanbase in big bang

he isn't the useless member that so many characterize him as

and many people may see as the dancer because he is good at dancing even in an interview shaun says that he picks up the choreography faster than taeyang maybe that is an indication that he can be a better dancer

it just so happens to be that taeyang has more time to show his ability not only that but he has been trained far longer than seungri

i dont know how to convince you that he belongs to the group

but to me he does talent doesnt always cut it

hard work, perserverance, ability to improve and charisma are just as important

and seungri has shown he possess all of that

Guest SoLgirl

iAmTan_1, thank you so much. That helped. :)

So they just made it to "VI" instead of saying Victory? Or VI is the korean word for victory?

I'm still confused about TOP being Tabi though... but as you said, it's from Bangs comics... is "Tabi" used there to make a cute nickname for TOP?

If you wanna know about their name..you can read the interview ela posted in this page..just click the old interview and the boys explained it there.. :)

ha? i topped the page? wait..brb to look something to share..

here's the song SR composed for their movie 19, i love that song..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6a1lDk5gNPE

c: Anniejay thanks..

Guest Jaejoongsgirl<3

I think SR is really hard working and he had his solo gig with Strong Baby. If he didnt have that you can say that YG didnt let him shine and that he is just a part of the group just because he also had his own acting stint and musical. He is part of the group because hes talented not just because. If that was the case then everyone can get into an idol group.

Wow what's with all the Seungri stuff?! For me, the first time I saw him in their documentary days, I thought he's really cute and talented. I remember seeing his dancing clip with all those robotic dance and chest pumps and I was completely floored. I thought he's amazing and will become one of the most talented dancers in Kpop. Unfortunately nowadays he's not doing those kind of dance anymore. I wonder why though. About his singing, I think he's got a nice soothing voice. I admit he has the weakest vocals but it balances the group just right. I'm actually surprised with his singing during his solo promotions of Strong Baby, have you heard his solo rendition of "A Fool's Tears" in a radio show? AMAZING. It's quite saddening that he's not given more parts in a lot of BB songs thus he actually might felt kinda insecure. I personally believe that his "arrogant" personality is just a front to cover his insecurities and him "trying too hard" is to prove to people that he fits in the great BigBang. ....I love bigbang as a group and individually and I firmly believe that Seungri DOES belong to BigBang. He's really talented and he's got a lot more time to grow :D Oh and I personally think he's a better dancer than YB, it's just that Bae is given more chance and attention. Seungri is a gifted dancer while YB is great dancer mostly because of hardwork. Just my opinion.

Guest iAmTan_1

Okay. I will like to thank all you awesome VIP's for being so patient answering my question. VIP's are the best fans!

You guys convienced me! ^_^. He was great on the radio show when he sung "A Fool's Only Tears". He dance moves are okay, but the one thang that convinced me is his charisma. That is indeed a talent alone. When someone posted about Bom being talented in her singing but didn't have any charisma whatsoever, I agreed. Without Seungri, Big Bang would feel.....like something is missing. The cute, hard-working, confident, charismatic magnae would be missing.

Seungri may not be my favorite but I understand his role in the group and I do respect his talent.

Thanks VIP's

Guest intelligirl

I did not realize that this would become such as passionate and sensitive topic. But, I think is good that everybody has different opinions.

I do not know if YG created Big Bang, so that only Taeyang and Jiyong could gain recognition. I mean it is possible, but I question his reasoning because one of the allure of groups like Big Bang is that they have more than one member and can thus create a larger fanbase. Also I think that Taeyang and Jiyong could have debuted as soloists if that was the case. Both of them have proved themselves very capable of succeeding without the rest of the members. In fact, I think that all of the Big Bang members are strong as soloists (although I think they are even stronger as a group).

I also agree that Seungri is not the strongest vocalist and maybe not the strongest dancer, but you have to take into account that with each new album he has demonstrated improvement and I think that soon enough he will be at the same level as his hyungs.

Every body is different and has different likes and tastes which is why fans form biases for specific members. For me Seungri has the "it" factor because he is my bias, I think he is entertaining, interesting, and refreshing (I mean come on how may people are as direct and genuine about their ambitions as that kid is).

iAmTan_1 I do not know if I can convince you nor anybody to like Seungri or change the way you see him. In the end that is up to you to decide. If I remember correctly, I think that Seungri will also have some solo activities this year along with TOP and Daesung, so maybe then we will all be able to more accurately judge his abilities.

Edit: Ok, I'm glad you see him in a different light :D

Guest johnnyquest89

@iAmTan_1

It was me who told you about YG making big bang for GD and Taeyang to grow into better artists giving them more shine. If you watch the first ep of the documentary he does say instead of the original duo he's gonna make a group of 4 or 5. Why? they messed up at Se7en's Japan concert and looked Sloppy and not ready. There are other times where he mentions it. And yes he didn't know at the time the great impact the other members would have.

@rest of yall

At the begining Seungri.... not on the level made it in by the skin of his teeth yes. But now, He is a key member in the group how else would he get more parts in the songs then TY the main vocal of the group. If he's a better dancer... that's up to everyone's preferences and opinions i suppose. About being the only Choreographer in the group it isn't true its been mentioned/seen that GD/TY contribute to that stuff as well.

2-3 years ago you could make the clear distinction in their talents now you can also but are they totally apart? Na? is one person more talented than another? Sure? Who? not me... maybe? but the thing is we don't know if the group would really work any other way. Though solo some outshine others, I don't expect anyone in the group to out sing daesung in a ballad and so forth. But as the group they need the 5 to mesh together.

Now imo what YG should do is just put on these concerts and have a blast send Seungri TY GD to the next Star dance battle, and prolly call Ji Eun back from lady collection to do a few more colabs for YB/Seven's album and make me listen to some good music.

Happy New Year.

And please try and Donate something for the Earthquake victims in Haiti.

@Ca_Kristine_4ever

The clips are from the Japan Clips (ShowCase DvD)

As a matter a fact with all these Dream Team/Invincible Baseball, They needa do like MTV in the 90's and have Celeb BBall Tournaments well since this isnt america Soccer (Still a Awesome Sport) or somethin with like Regulation sized teams filled wit Singers vs Actors or Ballad vs PoP vs HipHop or even Variety MC's or mix it up i'd fly there to be a Civilian vs Celeb team if they offered to pay for my ticket/translator

Guest blank_blank_cuti3

WOW! There's so much discussion about SR...

I think we should stop here because it would just make more and bigger agruments and the mod will close the thread.

Let's just be all friendly to each other! XD

Personally, I think YG is allowing everybody to do what they're desired to do.

I remember in the summer, GD & DS started school, they weren't really imvolved in other things except DS's FO and GD's 1 episode appearance on FO. (I still remember those stalker photos of them in school and everybody was saying there's no privacy for them cuz there were like lines of people asking for autographs...LOL...) So I think it's the same for SR. While doing Big Show, SR can just explore with school even he said that he wanted fans to see that side of him. To say that YG doesn't believe in him is kinda wrong...cuz look at Strong Baby promotions and possibly a new single after DS and TOp solo as YG has mentioned...

As a Big Bang fan, I think we need to reunited especially in a time when they're all are doing their solos now...especially with all the controversial stuff GD is handling...<___>

Anyways, Daisy, thanks for those clips! I wonder what are they shooting for...It's good to know that they're renewing their contract with NII and signing a new one with BSX (?) XD!

Guest g-dragon1988

07/09/09 - Go Crazy [Fanmeeting In Japan] - Big Bang Jumping

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/xbvid8_07...-in-japan_music

lol i'm going to be smart and upload it on dailymotion, hopefully yg japan ent would take it down. they look crazy jumping XD

can you please upload it on youtube...cuz i cannot see it on dailymotion!!!ToT pleaseeee thankss

has this been shared?

BIGBANG GO CRAZY FANMEETING JAPAN-TOP OF THE WORLD

v @erorgirl that video doesn't work unfortunately...can you post a new one? ^^

Guest hayakatsu

intelligirl/universe

Well said girls, couldn't have said it any better. *claps so hard*

I don't get the seungri(and will probably never)hate, I find it really hilarious when I read some people's(and so-called fans) analysis of seungri's personality, their comments sound extremely ignorant.

and i'm going to quote this comment I read a while back and had to save it. (lol. I love doing that).

naninoona@sookyeong

OMG! never would i find the day that someone would quote me. i feel so flattered. btw, i'm naninoona over at sookyeong.

i'm kbites' resident hardcore VIP. lol. you'll find me in most YG related articles defending our boys.

thanks for agreeing with me^^

Who ever said that TOP is the ugly duckling hyung turn into a hottie? :blink:

As I can remember even during their debut days every single member admits that

TOP is the one with the most fan girls. He is the original resident hottie and as the days

went by all of them started to become a hottie. lol!

My rant is over for now... feel free to dscuss

but PLEASE keep it POSITIVE. We're VIP's after all... shouldn't go bashing other people just

because they think differently. :D

OK, seems like you misunderstood the comment i made abt TOP. time to clear up myself in case ppl don't really get what i'm trying to say here.

the reason i said all i said abt the boys is to justify why seungri is the way he is. now i'd like y'all to note that i'm a super GD biased VIP so you gotta believe that i'm truly sincere when i say these things abt maknae. and i truly honestly sincerely believe that he is in fact THE most hardest working member in BB. however, this isn't to belittle the other boys' effort in the group let alone insult them in any way but it's a proof to the extent of just HOW hardworking maknae really is.

anyway, what i meant by TOP being the ugly duckling hyung turned hottie is, because that's what he is. we all know that he wasn't a slim guy like the other boys. TOP has always been self-concsious with his body right? but look at him now. he's modelling for all sorts of clothes, brands and his fashion spreads are always drool-worthy. his sexy eyes, sexy voice. it made him noticeable in the group. that's why ppl pay attention to TOP and thus ppl will overlook seungri. WHY? because seungri is known as the member who barely made it. he was known as the member who got kicked out from BB. do you understand now?

he IS the most hardworking in BIGBANG. why? because of the very fact that he has to prove to everyone that he is just as talented as his hyungs, he put in double the effort. but he's just mostly blown off because TOP is the ugly duckling hyung turned hottie who was an underground rapper with surprising acting talents, GD is the leader and YG's favorite prodigy, Daesung is friendly and likeable with an amazing voice, and YB is the rapper who suddenly discovers he's made for singing r&b and the sexpot dancing machine.

these are the reason's why ppl will overlook seungri. TOP was the unexpected chubby boy turned sexy model-esque rapper, GD has always been YG's favorite, daesung has the voice and a very likeable charm and then you have YB hyung who's practically korea's new r&b prince.

so when you have all these 4 amazingly talented boys (with a likeable personality<--important factor) in one group BB, who will notice maknae? especially when said maknae has this overbearingly annoying personality. this is what i mean when i said that seungri is THE MOST hardworking member.

and what is seungri? the member who barely survived. don't you think he's worried about that? no one cares if he works JUST as hard, so he puts extra work into everything. and even then, almost NO ONE realises he works HARDER than the rest just cuz he has this BIG HEAD that everyone finds so despicable.

i dunno how to make my comment any clearer than what i said. yes, GD technically works the hardest because of his position as leader. but jiyong is a workaholic in the first place. he's even said in interviews that even when he's on a break or a vacation he will constantly be thinking of new material to produce for BB.

but seungri's personality is that he feels he needs to top that effort. thus he tries his most hardest to at least shine as bright as GD and the rest if not brighter for just a few moments. but he never can do it no matter what because simply, not a lot of ppl likes his personality. this is what i'm saying.

----------

so well, i hope i've clarified my comment on sookyeong. if anyone feels they disagree, i'm willing to accept it and have a healthy positive argument.

anyway, as VIPs i think we should love all our boys equally and appreciate their talents whether or not we have our own biases because if we fans doubt our boys, then who will support them?

p/s: sorry it got long. i don't want ppl to think i'm dissing the other boys while i was trying to defend seungri. it's not that at all.

Guest reddynamitez

so much debate in here...

anyways...on a lighter note

I've been re-watching the Big-Show 09 concert all night. Their concert is certainly no joke.

It's fun and very high quality at the same time. They sound really good live.

Seems like a lot of preparations. wonder how this one will be like since they didn't release any new songs.

Is it going to a lot of the older hits and their solos? GD will do some of his songs, so will TaeYang?

I hope they sing Lollipop and Hallelujah. Maybe they'll reveal a new song? Doubt it...

At least we'll get to see GD a bit happier since he's with his team.

Can't wait for this.

Guest rach1rur3

OK, seems like you misunderstood the comment i made abt TOP. time to clear up myself in case ppl don't really get what i'm trying to say here.

anyway, what i meant by TOP being the ugly duckling hyung turned hottie is, because that's what he is. we all know that he wasn't a slim guy like the other boys. TOP has always been self-concsious with his body right? but look at him now. he's modelling for all sorts of clothes, brands and his fashion spreads are always drool-worthy. his sexy eyes, sexy voice. it made him noticeable in the group. that's why ppl pay attention to TOP and thus ppl will overlook seungri. WHY? because seungri is known as the member who barely made it. he was known as the member who got kicked out from BB. do you understand now?

now that you put it that way then okay i get it. :D sorry i got defensive with TOP...

he's the reason i even got to know Big Bang so i'm more sensitive when it comes to him. ;) Lol!

i just don't see why some think Seungri is getting the short end of the stick in Big Bang.

He has his charisma too. It's not like he's not talented coz he his.

Their forte` is just in different areas.

I know Seungri has his fair share of haters but I think GD has haters too

(if anything probably more than SR).

I think this whole debate should stop. We look like we're divided VIP's... lol!

I personally ADORE all 5 of them!

They wouldn't have the same appeal they have now if one of the members wasn't there.

I honestly think that SR fits in Big Bang more than SO-1 would.

Like I said they're the Big Bang we grew to LOVE because ALL 5 MEMBERS ARE THERE.

I for one can't wait to see them as a group in the upcoming BIG SHOW 2010!

I just know that one is going to be EPIC!

I do wonder what songs they'll be performing coz they don't really have new songs...

unless you count lollipop and all the OST songs they did.

But I'm not complaining coz i at least get to see them as a WHOLE. :D:wub:

Archived