[Drama 2010] The President 프레지던트

Imzi

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest dramaok

This drama is EXCELLENT!

Wow.

I initially checked this out just to see CSJ and HHR together as husband and wife, but this drama is so exciting I didn't fastforward one second of it. infact i replayed a couple parts just to watch CSJ looking so fearless!

The script is so fearless and the characters are already so interesting. what a perfect cast. Mr. Jang and his first son, Minki totally look like each other too. OMG.

Already all the characters are showing their imperfection but their courage and their conviction totally dim their shortcomings. i can't wait to see the next episode.

Thanks but i read that also it's possible for this drama will start on KBS world on 5th Jan 2011 . Anyway will check out on 29th Dec just in case.

I know . . . the KBSW drama webpage indicated it as 5 Jan, however their daily programme schedule indicates it as 29 Dec. So I 'took a gamble' and used the earlier date, just in case. It might be 5 Jan bcos of special programmes planned for the festive season . . . also there's my disclaimer clause kekeke . . . my intention is to make another announcement and/or correction if any changes are made subsequently by KBSW.

does anyoone know when the esubs ver will be shown in kbsworld?

Having checked the Happy Together S3 Thread, KBSW broadcasted Ep 173 this week.

Since our "The President" cast appeared in Ep 176, after 2 episodes with Kara (Ep 174 & Ep 175), my guess is that, at the earliest, it would be somewhere around 6 January 2011 (Thursday night, Singapore) . . . barring any delay in schedule due to special programming for the festive season.

mekeo117 & rainy75 - Alternatively, make sure is to watch out for the "Program Highlights" on KBSW, cos usually they will show a sneak preview of the following week's drama series eps or the guests for variety shows.

EDIT 21 Dec 2010 @ 12:30am

Just saw the TV Highlights for next week's progs on KBSW

29 Dec (Wed) - Fugitive Plan B Special

30 Dec (Thurs) - 2010 KBS Song Festival.

So, it is now confirmed that "The President" will have it's KBSW premiere on 5 January 2011. The links/dates in the first page's posting has been updated accordingly.

Jay Kim (TRAX) (Yoo Min Ki) acting was soo good and he's a rookie too, and I heard that critics have praised his acting! This is his second drama, he had a smart part last year in Romance Zero.

Overall the drama is very interesting and has a good pace, can't believe the ratings are only around 6%, hope rises after Daemul ends. 

Guest dramaok

Jay Kim (TRAX) (Yoo Min Ki) acting was soo good and he's a rookie too, and I heard that critics have praised his acting! This is his second drama, he had a smart part last year in Romance Zero.

Overall the drama is very interesting and has a good pace, can't believe the ratings are only around 6%, hope rises after Daemul ends. 

yes he's very good for a rookie. very believable and also he has a lot of onscreen presence and charisma.

i still see a little bit of acting limitation, but it's because he's up against such skilled actors like CSJ and all the power players in here. nevertheless a very very solid performance so far by Jay and very very engaging. he is my 2nd fav. character in here. CSJ as Candidate Jang being first.

e02101216hdtvxvidbarosa.jpge02101216hdtvxvidbarosa.jpg

every time these two are together. i grab onto my chair. hold my breath. WOW.

I absolutely love Jay here, he's so good for a rookie 

and they did a good job by casting him because he really resembles CSJ, it's like he's his son for real

oh! yeah! I have the same question as m00nan6el: do you know which team will sub this? because I don't see it neither in WithS2 nor Haru2subs projects

I'm watching it raw but I really wanna watch it with english subs, it would be a shame that such a great drama doesn't get subbed

Guest rainy75

*quoted image**quoted image*

every time these two are together. i grab onto my chair. hold my breath. WOW.

i 2nd that.. like what Lee Chi Soo (the right hand man of Candidate Jang) says.

Jang Il Joon created and planted a timebomb right from the start of the campaign.

I am holding my breathe waiting to see if the Yoo Min Ki will leak out any of their strategy.

esp when they were deciding when to get the scandal published...

and Minki's bureau chief was aasking.. who would be the one leaking this scandal.. i was :vicx:

I am interested to know what strategy JangIlJoon is taking by placing this timebomb next to him and why he made the first move to identified himself as the real father of Minki..

i 2nd that.. like what Lee Chi Soo (the right hand man of Candidate Jang) says.

Jang Il Joon created and planted a timebomb right from the start of the campaign.

I am holding my breathe waiting to see if the Yoo Min Ki will leak out any of their strategy.

esp when they were deciding when to get the scandal published...

and Minki's bureau chief was aasking.. who would be the one leaking this scandal.. i was  :vicx:

I am interested to know what strategy JangIlJoon is taking by placing this timebomb next to him and why he made the first move to identified himself as the real father of Minki..

Yh im so glad that the drama writer let Minki know who his real father was so quickly, usually dramas tend to drag out these secret/illegitimate birth storylines which is annoying. I'm soo curious as whether the mum's accident was an accident or not- his right hand man seemed a bit fishy after hearing the news. Also does anyone know what the wife's phone call was about in the first ep- maybe linked to the shooting?

@eunsuhae: Yh Jay does look like Choi Su Jong so much. 

Guest DarkSmurf

Hi Everyone,

For those who do not know me, I have been personally subbing subtitles  on a personal level for my mum and myself. Presently, I am still working  on Dae Mul, sharing with other Soompi fans etc. In recent weeks, to aid  me in creating the subs quickly, I have created my own web  translator/editor, that I have been using for last couple of episodes of  Dae Mul. Which allows for translating and editing to be simultaneously  worked on, allowing not just tor release subs quickly, but allowing a  properly edited sub to be edited for release.

I have just created a new Beta Community Translated Project  that I wanted to test it out on two dramas that kinda caught my attention Athena: Goddess of War and It's Okay, Daddy's Girl. Basically,  the sub is prepared and sync to a video source, then it is translated  with a software translator which already produce about 80% readable subs  even without being edited by human. Mainly some names and terms may not  be that properly translated, and grammar is of course not great. But, I had watch episode 1 preview subs, and could still understand the  episode pretty well. Hence, I called it Preview Subtitle.

I have been personally doing this for my own personal viewing to see if  it is worth watching or not etc. With my web translator/editor, it  allows fans who can (who can read Chinese) help edit the translation, to clean up the subs, producing a Community Translated Subtitle all in  real-time. Meaning, once user help editing in untranslated line, it will  be compiled into the Community Translated Subtitle, where other users  can download the edited subs.

Users enjoyed the beta Community Translated Project concept so much, so I expanded the drama collection to include The President Episode 1 is is available so, I added it to the drama collection as it is a new drama.

I already have The President Episode 1 English Soft-Sub Subtitle  that is released as Community Translated Project. As soon as Episode 2  is available, it will be added as well. With some fans help, the edited  one should also be completed very quickly.

URL: http://darksmurfsub.com/blog/?p=166

Users who are keen to help work on it, or even download the preview  subtitle, please visit my site. Since it is beta, I am not posting the  public links as the subs are considered Preview Subtitles. So I do not  want them distributed out, but you are free to download them directly at  my forum site for your personal viewing while waiting for a properly  edited one to be available.

Feel free to try it out.

Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year to all!

Warmest Regards

DarkSmurf

Source : KBS Global Entertainment News

Couple in Conflict over Son in ‘The President’

[2010-12-27]

A couple becomes involved in a confrontation over their son in the new KBS2 drama “The President.”

In the December 23 episode, Jang Il-jun (Choi Su-jong) sacrifices his son to overcome a crisis that could jeopardize his political career, infuriating his wife Cho So-hee (Ha Hui-ra). After finding out that his son Sung-min is involved in a false accusation against his rival Kim Gyeong-mo (Hong Yo-seop), Il-jun confesses to Gyeong-mo that his son is behind the slander and apologizes on behalf of his son. This rather serves to his advantage, boosting public confidence in him.

782_2086_l.jpg

But So-hee becomes furious at the fact that Il-jun uses his son for his own benefits. “You should not have done that. You should have shown consideration for Sung-min,” she criticizes him. “How can you sacrifice your own son to become president?” Il-jun only replies coldly that Sung-min deserves the blame.

So-hee confronts him once again by asking, “Is that really the only reason?” Il-jun asks back in bafflement, “What do you mean?” But the appearance of their adopted daughter In-young (Wang Ji-hye) stops them from continuing the argument. Il-jun steps back and asks her to make up. So-hee agrees but adds that this is the only time she would tolerate such a thing. “I will do anything for your ambitions, but I can’t bear to sacrifice our son. I will not forgive you if things like this happen again no matter what,” she says.

So-hee scolds Sung-min when he, drunk, vents his anger towards Il-jun. But when he falls asleep in tears, she whispers in his ear, “My son, you should believe in family blood. You are the only son of your father.” This signals another conflict in the family over Yu Min-gi, another son of Il-jun out of wedlock.

Writer: TV Report

Copyright ⓒ KBS & KBSi

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

For late-comers' info : the various download links can be found in Page 2 of this thread.

Guest heartz119

I just want to know who's going to sub this drama? I heard that WITHS2 is not going to sub this because they said KBSW will.. I really want to watch this drama so anticipatorily. :)

Source : KBS Global Entertainment News

Wife Swallows Pride for Husband in ‘The President’

[2011-01-03]

The wife of a presidential candidate has gone as far as kneeling down for her husband in “The President.”

In the December 29 episode, Go Sang-ryeol (Byun Hee-bong), an influential ruling party politician, plots to undermine Jang Il-jun (Choi Su-jong) but fails.

Cho So-hee (Ha Hui-ra), Il-jun’s wife from a rich business family, goes to meet Sang-ryeol at his home. “You asked my brother to provide some funds for you and then tried to jeopardize my husband and my family behind our back. You think we are that easy to deal with, don’t you?” she says in anger. But soon afterward she kneels down in the rain and says, “Now you must have realized what kind of man my husband is, I now ask you to support him.”

791_2105_l.jpg

▲ Scenes from the December 29 episode

This moves Sang-ryeol since he knows that So-hee, who is the only daughter of a business tycoon, may never have needed to ask for even a small favor in her life. In addition, Il-jun promises to provide a free health care system as one of his campaign pledges, and this also reminds Sang-ryeol of the time when he had just entered the politics. Being young and ambitious, he also pledged to introduce a free health care system. All this makes Sang-ryeol change his mind and support Il-jun.

Sang-ryeol visits Il-jun’s camp. He tells her, “When I was elected lawmaker for the first time, my mother, who had to work all kinds of jobs to raise her children alone, became sick but couldn’t receive proper treatment because we had no money. By the time we became better off, it was already too late to save her. I may have forgotten those hard times as I came to remember less of my mom. You must know you have such a good wife. She came to see me yesterday despite heavy rain.”

Learning that his wife did all she could to help him, Il-jun feels grateful for her and his trust in her is restored. But this is not the end of obstacles facing him, as he has a series of blows ahead.

“The President” airs on Wednesdays and Thursdays at 9:55 p.m. on KBS2.

Writer: Roh Ji-won

Copyright ⓒ KBS & KBSi

Guest dramaok

candidate Jang's campaign managers are HOT. their tenacity almost floors me like Jang's fearlessness.

BUTTTTT Sungmin needs to act better. he sticks out like a sore thumb. his scenes are cringe-worthy. yikes.

no offense. i like him on variety show and he probably sings well but he's ruining the show.

Archived