How did you find out what double eyelids were?

ParappaRappa

Did you just know by yourself? Did someone tell you? How did you find out what they were?

I was just wondering, hahah

When I was around 9, my friend started talking about double eyelids and I had no idea what it was. She tried to explain it but I still didn't understand and I was like, "That sounds like weird eyelids!" LOL

She said her mom told her that people with double eyelids are prettier. And then she was like, "I have it, but you don't have it." But I still had no idea what it was... :blink:

I only finally found out exactly what double eyelids were when I joined the soompi forum, hahah

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

lol i didn't know what they were until i got into BoA and the accusations of her getting work done on her face

so it was partially because of soompi... i guess and my blossoming love for kpop at the time...

so i was 13 or 14...

very interesting post, cause i was just thinking about how that never use to occur me too. I was on youtube one day and I surfaced upon this make up tutorial like in 2006ish, and i was like great, i don't know how to apply eyeshadow and when i tried the eye makeup application, it just didn't look the same like the eyeliner wouldn't show and all that stuff, so it made me become more conscious that it was b/c of her large eyelid crease, and then i found out that korean actresses were getting them done so yea, that's how i became conscious about it.

Guest cinnemon

I was born with them but still wasn't really conscious of the difference until hearing about k-celebs getting surgery, and then getting asked if I had had them done myself.

Guest bonsaitea

i was maybe 10 or 11. At school, they handed the girls a small pouch of "women" stuff like a pad, travel size deodorant, eyeliner, etc. it was from a little get together of the girls and their moms to talk about puberty.

this one girl, i noticed she used the eyeliner on her upper lid. I now realize she was korean and had single eyelids, but back then she was just a pretty asian girl. I thought how you couldn't always see the eyeliner was really cool.

I decided that i wanted to try it too. My mom saw me and told me that i couldn't put on eye liner because i had single eyelids and that only double eyelid people could use eyeliner. I was thinking "what the heck is a double eyelid?"

She compared her eyes [she has large parallel folds] to my eyes and told me what double eyelids were.

I don't think i really grasped the concept until maybe middle school.

When my mom's friend was talking about how I'd look SOOOOOOO MUCHHHH better with double eyelids.

._. It was mean D:. I still can't get over her comment until today. Except now I don't feel the need to get eyelid surgery like I did when she first said it.

The eyelids comment was actually what got me into kpop LOLOLOL. Cause I searched eyelids and all these kpop articles came out and I was like wow. xD.

I guess I found out sometime in middle school because my Asian friend was jealous that I had them and she didn't. Before that I didn't realize that people actually wanted double eyelids; I just liked that my eyes looked big.

Guest xoxo_sdbib

My mom told me a while ago that our family was lucky to all have double eyelids and large eyes, but I didn't know what a big deal it was until I started lurking in the B&F forum and reading news stories about plastic surgery.

Guest I_play_with_dolls

when I was little I always knew what they were but never knew the name of it until I cam across soompi. Actually the reason I went through the phase of wanting huge eyes was because of soompi, johntesh.

Guest ExpiredRamen

I found out from this forum. I actually thought it was a lame joke or something (People trying to make their eyes bigger by eyelid surgery)...But it isn't sadly. lol

Guest MyNameIs_Luka

I found out about it when I was 5 years old lol...I had really faint creases on my eyelids, and my mom got paranoid that as I grow up, the folds will disappear...So she would use her fingernails and kinda etch my eyes to make the folds more deeper lol...I would cry and whine why she kept on doing this to me and she would say "It's to make you prettier! Now stop crying and come over here so I can make you eyelid folds more permanent!" She kinda traumatized me their, but thanks to her I have a somewhat natural double eyelids lol. :rolleyes:

Guest KrysDoll

I found out at age 16 when I had an obsession with Ayumi Hamasaki. I kind of knew about it even before I was 16, but I didn't think it was a big deal.

Archived