HELP Video Cards/ problems

Guest Phil

Guest Phil

Hi having a little comp trouble if u have time please try to help thank u.

The other day i got a graphics card for comp1. comp1 already had a graphics card installed (one that i installed) and it worked fine. now this graphics card (the old graphics card in comp1) i took out and installed it in to comp2. comp2 is a crappy comp which has no upgrades, then i installed teh NEW graphics card into comp 1. now both have a problem

comp1= i can play my video games just fine yet my video files (windows media player) dont play at all (when i click on a video it lags up like crazy) yet my audio files play just fine.

comp2= freezes up while i am in it (start up or while im in games too)

if anyone has a solution to any of these please help

tahnk u

-----------------------------------

also now my comp2's internet wont work. but it works for comp1. it used to work for both (even when i installed the Radeon to the comp2)

Guest Adionik

Specs of computer?

What video cards? (PLZZZZZZZZZZ say 7900GTX)

System Specs of both computers?

You probably have a driver issue.

also run dxdiag to see if it says anything about anything, and you could try uninstalling/reinstalling your codecs too

comp2 - did you damage the card or loosen any cables whilst installing your old vid card into this one? can your PSU handle the new power load?

Guest Phil

awdark- welli uninstalled the drivers for both except i only took the old graphics card out from comp2. comp1 i dont no how to take the card out.

Adionik- im not sure what spec means. >< and the graphics card i just got was the G-force 6200 nvidia 256mb ddr the old on (the one now in comp2 is a ATI radion 9250. The monitors i use are Comp1=HPvs19 comp2= Dell E771p.

Boka- im not sure if i broke anything but i dont think i did. and what is a dxdiag if i may ask? and codecs? >< sorry im not good with comps

Archived