Joo Won 주원 [Drama- The Midnight Studio/ 야한(夜限) 사진관]

flutterby06

OMG... I just saw the number of followers to JW Bar in Baidu has hit 30000. I rem it was around 17K+ on the Fri before last week.

I guess on top of new fans due to the success of GD, all these news about the casting of the female lead for Cutie's new drama have in a way attracted the attention of the Chinese speaking communities. Some of these followers seem to be previously dormant fans of JW who are now getting all excited about the new drama and participating more in the sharing of news and information on uri Cutie.

In Baidu forums, I have observed that the general responses to the recent news on the casting are quite positive... most are maintaining a "let's wait and see how it turns out" attitude as compared to the outright pessimistic and "hater & basher" reactions that we have seen in those English speaking forums.

I am really glad that JW is gaining more attention amongst the Chinese speaking communities and hope that the media here in my country will finally discover this Precious Gem of ours :)

love his facial expressions in the video so like a little boy...but then he can turn around a be a sexy yooung man.

You got it right dear. Cutie got deadly combinations of charms. No wonder my undies either going down, running away or reduced to ashes whenever I see him :D

And really, what a namja!!!! ^_^

This article is on the upcoming new drama of Jo In Sung and Gong Hyo Jin, but there is mention about GOOD DOCTOR in the 2nd half of it :)

====================================

☆ K-Dramas Take On Mental Health Issues ☆

BY Julie Jones | Jul 15, 2014 09:24 AM EDT

"It's Okay, It's Love" is about more than love. It's about falling in love with someone who has a mental health issue. This is fairly new territory for k-dramas. Yes, k-dramas have their share of sociopathic villains, whose lack of concern for others makes it convenient to hate them. But fewer characters with mental disabilities are portrayed in a sympathetic way.

That may be changing.

The new SBS drama "It's Okay, That's Love" is working to change that, said the screenwriter Noh Hee Kyung at the drama's press conference. He spoke about wanting to break the bias people have toward mental health issues.

The drama stars Jo In Sung as obsessive-compulsive writer and Gong Hyo Jin as a psychiatrist and it will feature several characters with various mental health issues.

"About 80 percent of the nation has some mental illness symptoms, and about 20 percent should consider taking prescribed medication," said Noh. "It came to my attention that people seem to equate mentally ill people with criminals."

But really, he says, people ought to see mental illness as an illness, just as they see any physical illness.

Jo In Sung pays Jang Jae Yeol, the mystery writer and radio disc jockey with some strange behavioral traits. He can't sleep in beds and certain colors cause extreme reactions. He becomes a popular novelist but has no control over his obsessions. So he consults psychiatrist Ji Hae Su, played by Gong Hyo Jin.

Ji Hae Su is not sure she really ought to be a psychiatrist, but she's actually good at her job. 

As this is a romantic comedy, the two are destined to fall in love but his odd behavior might conceivably get in the way. And it will certainly make things more interesting.

Two other dramas also recently dealt with the subject of mental health issues. In "Good Doctor," Joo Won played a doctor with autism spectrum disorder. He was a medical genius but had plenty of issues relating to people socially. This hurt him professionally and romantically, but by the end of the drama those around him had come to respect and admire his unique abilities.

To play the character, Joo Won visited the Center for Autism. He met a few people affected by the condition and said they defied his expectations.

I was surprised at how well they spoke," he said. "It was difficult to piece together what the general public understands, what I learned and what I needed to show in the drama."

He was impressed and the audience was impressed with his performance.

In "God's Gift - 14 Days," two of the characters were mentally disabled which at first caused other characters to look down on them. However those characters were instrumental in saving the life of Lee Bo Young's fictional daughter. By the end of the drama these characters had gained admiration and respect.

"It's Okay, It's Love" will air on July 23rd in Korea SBS and in China on Youku and Tudou.

How do you think the "It's Okay, It's Love" will be received?

Original source: http://www.kdramastars.com/articles/28917/20140715/k-dramas-take-on-mental-health-issues.htm

Just missing our cutie namja again :(

Especially those silly things he did with his hyung-nims in 1N2D :D

"1N2D hilarious "dance" Harlem Shake Joo Won and C…"

cr. peifen91

"Joo Won | The Prince Of Aegyo"

cr. lolli2009

Coincidentally the song used in the 2nd vid above is that of Tiny G, the girl group that Cutie's new co-star Dohee belongs to :) Dohee is the cute girl in the orange outfit.

"TINY-G(타이니지) _ MINIMANIMO(미니마니모) MV"

cr. 1theK

☆ Shim Eun Kyung Rumored To Be Reconsidering 'Nodame Cantabile' ☆

BY Chin D | Jul 15, 2014 11:57 AM EDT

Another possible Nodame Cantabile lead is brought to light.

Actress Shim Eun Kyung is rumoured to be positively considering taking the role of Noda 'Nodame' Megumi in the Korean remake of "Nodame Cantabile."

According to representatives of the drama, "We have finished the negotiations with Shim Eun Kyung's agency, and are expecting to sign the deal soon. We are going to announce the official line up next week, and will soon begin filming on August."

However, Shim Eun Kyung's agency is more careful in their answer, saying, "We have discussed with the production staff, but nothing has been set in stone. Since they officially announced it, we have been placed in an awkward situation."

They added, "It is true that Shim Eun Kyung's movie filming will be moved to a later date, but this doesn't mean that she will be taking 'Nodame Cantabile'."

Earlier, it was reported that actress Shim Eun Kyung, the first candidate as the lead for the upcoming Korean remake of "Nodame Cantabile," declined the role to focus on filming her movie "Waiting For You."

In response to the public sentiment that Shim Eun Kyung is the best actress for the role, the company expressed, "Thank you for the attention."

Should the production still push through, "Nodame Cantabile" is scheduled to air on October.

Original source - http://www.kdramastars.com/articles/28946/20140715/shim-eun-kyung-rumoured-to-be-reconsidering-nodame-cantabile.htm

Here is a really very good fanmade "movie trailer" by a KDW & JW fan (一口糖 aka 八面东元) from Baidu.

It is like new version of the K movie "A Better Tomorrow" by Joo Jin-Mo and Song Seung-Heon, which itself is a adaptation of the HK original starring Chow Yun Fatt and the late Leslie Cheung. After watching this vid, I am wishing JW will get an opportunity to act in an action movie with KDW in future :x :x :x

http://www.tudou.com/programs/view/Fz2dwku9NXE/?resourceId=0_06_02_99

无籍者•兄弟篇 [双元合璧]

剧情简介:

宋志元(姜东元)、宋周元(朱元)小兄弟俩出身北朝鲜,父亲是政治犯被处死,哥哥宋志元为了保护弟弟,被迫成为暗杀者,在南韩从事间谍活动,误会了哥哥的周元逃到南韩,立志成为一名警察,为了有朝一日亲手拘捕哥哥。但当那一日真的来临,他,能下得了手吗?曾经被迫放开弟弟的手的志元,好不容易找到弟弟,却发现他们早已势不两立,他们的结局,不是生离,就是死别……不管南韩,还是北朝鲜,天地虽大,却已经没有了他们的容身之所。

=================================

My rough English translation with some paraphrasing and help of Google translation :P

Stateless Persons ● Brothers edition [Dual Combination]

Synopsis:

Song Zhi Yuan (Kang Dong Won), Song Zhou Yuan (Joo Won), a pair of young brothers born in North Korea and whose father was a political prisoner and executed.

In order to protect his younger brother, Zhi Yuan was forced to become an assassin and was involved in espionage in South Korea. Zhou Yuan misunderstood his brother and fled to South Korea. He is determined to become a police officer, in hope to arrest his brother himself. However when the day comes, would he be able to take down his brother with his own hands?

Zhi Yuan who had been forced to let go of his brother's hand in the past, finally finds his brother. However, he discovers that they are now in the opposite sides of the law. Their ending is either separation forever or death......

=============================