Joo Won 주원 [Drama- The Midnight Studio/ 야한(夜限) 사진관]

flutterby06

No, no, no!!! not Yoona! NOOOOOOO!!!!! she's an OKAY actress. not outstanding nor good, and far from excellent. oh my gosh.... no, please no.... dont turn this into a popularity drama instead of a great acting drama.... but then again, who will ever listen to me. maybe i should pray really hard, since this is a holy month....

well, whatever the outcome is, i will definitely support Joowon. though we have an ok actress, but the storyline could change, right? it doesnt necessarily mean that an acceptable actress matched with other great actors will result in a flunk. it depends on the storyline, that's the major issue. i hope the production knows what they're doing. the script and directing should be the most important thing right now. [-O< [-O< [-O< [-O< [-O<

drama god, please make it happen... please let this drama be a successful drama.
Joowon + piano + violin + conducting = DAEBAK!!!

being positive~ Cantabile Romance, fighting! :-bd :-bd :-bd

edit: @ctfrsgp JOOWON IN RUNNING MAN????? OMG!!!!! THAT HAS BEEN MY WISH SINCE FOREVER!!!! thank you for the info~ this is definitely great news! :x :x :x :x :x

Yes, dear @farbarri‌ I rarely watch RM but with uri cutie making his debut guest appearance on the show, I'm going to watch it no matter what :D Do you think they gonna make him answer to quiz questions? Lollll... looking forward to see his cute frowns again... uri Joo Rodin :)) :)) :))

As for the new drama, let's not start predicting its doom before the whole cast is confirmed. I think it will take on a different interpretation from the Japanese drama. Instead of focusing on "Nodame" becoming a pianist, the Korean version may focus more on the transformation of "Chiaki" into an outstanding conductor.

Who knows, maybe those whom we think not good enough or unsuitable for a role will give us a surprise at end. Remember how ppl had predicted the doom of GD when the news just came out and criticised JW about his potrayal of an autistic person? No one has expected GD to get all the commendations and recognition in the end.

I'm going to keep an open mind about this drama. No expectation, no disappointment.

These are just my thoughts. You can just ignore if you don't agree.

@ctfrsgp this is a bit different. For Good Doctor, we know Joowon is a great actor, but it's the storyline that worries us. As for Cantabile Romance, the adaptation is a bit worrying, and to have an acceptable actress take the lead.... is more worrying.

Luckily we know Joowon's acting ability and the teacher is also quite good. As for Yoona... i do like her acting, i didnt dislike her. She cries at the right time, she laughs when she's supposed to, she gets emotional at the right places. But she's not her character. She's Yoona, even when filming. So to have her take on a lead role, one that might centre around her character is a really tough challenge. Hope the production adapts the storyline to be more Chiaki centred as opposed to too much Nodame centred.

I really hope the production knows what they're doing and made the right choices. I didnt want this to be another IU&JGS drama (forgot the name). After all, it's the script and directing that's more important than the casts. If the casts are good but bad script and/or directing, it's still a worrying project.

Regardless, i'll fully suppprt the project. Nothing i say will ever change anything, so i'll give my utmost support to the project. :x :x :x :x

It's going to and fro...is it or isn't it confirmed yet?! T__T

Drama Casting & News Yoon-ah as Nodame? by javabeans | July 6, 2014 | 31 Comments

yoonah_35.jpgyoonah_35a.jpg

So the big news today is that Girls Generation’s Yoon-ah has been offered the lead role in the Nodame Cantabile remake. Inasmuch as this is a highly anticipated adaptation of a beloved Japanese series whose heroine was pretty much universally loved (Ueno Juri), already there’s a flurry of mixed reactions to the news.

Currently Yoon-ah’s casting isn’t final, and articles range from saying that she’s only a possibility to that she’s nearly a lock. I’d take it with a grain of salt—announcing the news this way smacks of the producers putting out feelers before committing—but it does also seem to be serious enough that I wouldn’t be surprised if they went with Yoon-ah after all. KBS likes her, she’s got a large fan base, she’s headlined dramas before, and she has export potential. So I see what they’re thinking in going for someone as mainstream as her.

On the other hand, I find it disappointing since producers were first courting Shim Eun-kyung (Miss Granny, Sunny) for the role and she would have been fantastic, particularly since Nodame is a character with a lot of interesting quirks and dimension, and Shim Eun-kyung is a wonderful actor with spot-on comic timing. The fact that she was the first choice was encouraging, and gave me faith that the show was taking this casting seriously.

So when you put them next to each other as actresses, Yoon-ah kind of pales in comparison; she has improved over the years and I have no problem with her taking on shows that I don’t have a lot of attachment to (say, as with Prime Minister and I, which was cute). But I just can’t bring myself to be any sort of excited about her in this drama. Nodame is a bumbling slob whose piano skills are more savant than skilled, while Yoon-ah’s exactly the kind of approachably pretty girl who would ruin Nodame’s quirks for me, because she would be rom-com-weird, not actually weird. Her version of off-the-wall would be to do everything cutely and prettily, when what I appreciate about Nodame is that sometimes she’s just plain bizarre.

According to a KBS producer, while Yoon-ah is currently considering favorably and is a likely candidate, they do require the approval of the writer of the original series, Ninomiya Tomoko. She has stated that she wants a Korean Nodame who is 100% in line with Ueno Juri’s portrayal, and she does have final veto rights. So there is that.

The Korean version of Nodame Cantabile is planning for an October premiere on KBS.

Via MBN, Osen, Star News

http://www.dramabeans.com/2014/07/yoon-ah-as-nodame/

@farbarri‌ yes, I'm aware that this new drama is different from GD.

What I meant to say is that whether a drama succeeds or fails is not solely dependent on a single person. Everyone should be given a chance to do his/her best, be it the cast members or the production team. No single person can guarantee the outcome of a project.

Let's be positive and not pass judgement at such an early stage :)

According to a KBS producer, while Yoon-ah is currently considering favorably and is a likely candidate, they do require the approval of the writer of the original series, Ninomiya Tomoko. She has stated that she wants a Korean Nodame who is 100% in line with Ueno Juri’s portrayal, and she does have final veto rights. So there is that.

The Korean version of Nodame Cantabile is planning for an October premiere on KBS.

Via MBN, Osen, Star News

@sweetdreams_87‌ Sorry to cut short your post. Just quoting the more impt part.

@farbarri‌ Looks like we don't to worry too much since the author of the original manga will be the "gatekeeper". She wouldn't allow her "baby" to be ruined. As a fan of the manga, I am glad that the author gets the final say in the casting. Hmmm... does that mean that uri Cutie is handpicked by her to play "Chiaki"?

:-? :D

-edit-

I hope the author is also involved in the scriptwriting. Her presence will ensure some consistency in the storyline. A good example of a successful drama adaptation from a manga is the Taiwanese version of "Itazura na Kiss". It was made into 2 very popular dramas - "It Started With A Kiss and its sequel "They Kiss Again". Although the author of the manga had passed away before she had the chance to conclude the manga series and many years before the Taiwanese drama remakes, her husband was said to be involved in the casting and acting as a consultant to the production team (if I recall correctly) for both dramas. The production team had to present to him the ending part of the story (which they came up with by themselves) before he gave his approval for the filming.

ctfrsgp said:

Via MBN, Osen, Star News

farbarri said: One of the things that came to mind when i find out Joowon will be in Running Man:
1) Will he betray someone, or will he get betrayed?2) Will he eat spicy food, will he eat a lot, or he didn't get to eat at all?3) Will he get his nametag torn off so quickly into the game?
:D :D :D :D
Joowon in Running Man, fighting!!!!

I will take all the news with a pinch of salt. Life is too short to think about the side effects  :|

But yayyy for the Running Man news. Besides Life Log, I am glad to see Cutie in a new variety show :D

Me too... i just left msg to cutie on his website telling him no need to play nice tomorrow on RM :)) :)) :)) will we get to see our scheming maknae again? :D

the Youna's news... I'm not very happy but... I try to wait with a neutral mind this drama, so I've decided not to watch the others episodes of the japan version.
Wait and see !

I'm happy to see our Cutie in more shows to endure the wait. I haven't seen entertainment weekly yet, and I don't know if there is many life log left, so another one with Joo Won is a good news ! Even if I don't know very well this show (I've inly watched 1 or 2 episode), I like the MC.

P.S. : Holidays are near the corner, more time to spend time with family and this thread ! Yeah !!!

Personally i am not thrilled with yoona being casted. Shall wait for the production team to confirm the cast.

As for RM, i am so thrilled. My fave RM + JooWon! Yeay yeay yeay! RM wouldn't starve Cutie, not their style. Anticipating the games... name tag tearing n the quiz, esp the nonsense category, n catching animals.

class="post-title entry-title"Joo Won says he is practicing piano and violin for his role in 'Nodame Cantabile' Korean version l517.jpg
Joo Won said he is currently taking conducting, piano and violin classes for his role in "Nodame Cantabile" Korean version.

He was featured in an interview in KBS' 'Entertainment Weekly' on July 5th. He shared that he has been busy as he has stared in a musical as well as proceeded with his movie shooting schedule in China ever since he finished "Good Doctor".

The show then mentioned about him taking the lead role in upcoming KBS' drama "Nodame Cantabile" Korean version, in which Joo Won said he is practicing piano and violin, as well as taking conducting class in order to perform it as realistic as possible on-screen.

In addition, Joo Won will play the role of the genius musician named Cha Yoo Jin (Chiaki as in the Japanese ver.) for "Nodame Cantabile" Korean version. The drama is produced by Group 8 and is set to broadcast this October.

http://www.dkpopnews.net/2014/07/joo-won-says-he-is-practicing-piano-and.html
-------

credit:  DC Joo Won Gallery dcinside.com

YoonA   ..............NO NO NO<<<Apink

To all Heavenly bodies.... Kdrama Angel/ancestor.... Hear me out....
Dont Ruin  Nodame Cantabile .... :((
OTAKU HERE =)) ... ive watch her... but shes not suited as lead actress for this series...

Nodame<<<< shes not pretty at all (cute).. short hair..... squirky...alienated overacting reaction.....always like to pout... Overly in-love with chiake....

can YoonA  portray that.... noooooooooo........ its all contrast to her..... she pretty/cute..wish that they will not focus based on popularity...

imagine her playing piano
:-O

1 person can changed everything.... no matter how good all the supporting actor and actresses.... it will have a bigger impact if the lead actress are not suited enough for the rule...

same with level 7 civil servant....

agree or disagree... feel free...

hayzzz

and also joo won yep... 100 percent Shinichi Chiaki... wish they air with beach scene.... hehehe....   :)) .... afraid in the ocean...

To all
YoonA   fan... sorry in advanced.... i dont hate her... i just dont like her on nodame cantabili.... ok peace....

sorry for my bad english....
8-}

Ninomiya Tomoko [Not involved in Korean casting]2014/07/07(Mon) 18:00

185581_l.jpg
Ninomiya Tomoko, original author of 'Nodame Cantabile', has officially announced her stand on the casting of the Korean version.
Ninomiya Tomoko who is the original author of 'Nodame Cantabile', has conveyed through her Twitter on the afternoon of the 7th, "Even if there is a Korean drama version, (I will) not participate in the casting", stating her position.

(...partial translation) 
Source: http://contents.innolife.net/news/list.php?ac_id=4&ai_id=185581English translation by rionae@soompi
---------------------------------------------
I'm doubtful translating the last 2 paragraphs, so I will leave it. An official english article should be out soon.
Anyway, it's roughly saying that people are concerned about the casting of the heroine, whether the actress can perform as well as Ueno Juri. There were hopes going around that the original author is involved in the casting. Fans have also asked her (through Twitter I guess), so the author herself has stepped up to make her stand. 
This is the tweet she posted regarding this issue:

@kuromi_xx 仮にドラマがあってもキャストに口出すことはないです。

— 二ノ宮知子 (@nino0120444)

July 7, 2014

"仮にドラマがあってもキャストに口出すことはないです。"- "Even if there is a drama, I will not interfere with the casting"

class="content-title" style="font-family: 'Open Sans', 'Helvetica Neue', Arial, sans-serif; font-size: 26px; font-style: normal; font-variant: normal; font-weight: 400; line-height: 1.4em; margin: 0px; padding: 0px; border: 0px; vertical-align: baseline; color: rgb(63, 63, 64); text-shadow: rgb(255, 255, 255) 1px 1px 0px; visibility: visible; background-color: rgb(255, 255, 255);"Joo Won to Make Guest Appearance on “Running Man”
Joo-Woon-farewell-35-700x450.jpg

Actor Joo Won is the next hot new guest to make an appearance on the popular SBS Sunday variety show “Running Man“!

This will be Joo Won’s first appearance on a Sunday variety show since he left KBS’ “1 Night, 2 Days” eight months ago. His appearance on “Running Man” is of particular interest to many viewers since “Running Man” and “1 Night, 2 Days” are time-slot rivals for ratings.

The production team of “Running Man” has been trying to cast Joo Won as a guest for many months but found it difficult do so due to his run in the musical “Ghost.” With that wrapping up and Joo Won looking at his upcoming Fall drama of the Korean version of the Japanese drama “Nodame Cantabile,” the actor is getting ready for a busy second half of 2014. In related news, Girls’ Generation‘s YoonA is being looked at as his leading lady.

The air date for Joo Won’s episode of “Running Man” has not been announced yet. Joo Won will be filming the episode today, Monday local time.

http://www.soompi.com/2014/07/06/joo-won-to-make-guest-appearance-on-running-man/#.U7py7JSSySo

thoughts:
so Running Man has indeed been trying to recruit Joowon for Ghost promotion. but he was extremely busy due to Ghost musical and his other filming schedules. Running Man is known worldwide, so it's great to know that many people will get to know him through this show. those who didnt know him will see what a nice person he is, and get to see his awesome acting talent. ohhh, this is gonna be so awesome!
it seems like filming starts today, Monday. @rionae i'm so excited with all this speculations as to what he will or wont do! i just hope he wins, that's all~ this is gonna be so awesome!!! i want to see him run, or get wet. kekekeke! can he run on the ACUPUNCTURE MAT? LMAO! he's gonna be yelling in pain! =)) =)) =)) i dont mind about quizzes, seen enough of it in 1N2D. i want to see him do physical games.
why do i want to see Joowon in pain... i think there's something wrong with me.

Hmmmm... Well, I thought I was in another dimension this morning when I heard of the news... ali_093.gif

but came back to Earth when I heard of Running Man ali_083.gif

For the differences that can be seen in the casting... well, let's just wait and see. Just like the other dramas of Joo Won before, let's refrain ourselves from posting something that might upset other fans. As for further discussions of the drama, Nodame Cantabile's Drama thread is already open >>> Nodame Cantabile Soompi Thread. It's okay to talk about the drama here but let's keep it on minimum. :D

Yay!! on Running Man. I have been waiting for Cutie to be on that show. Even though its a rival of 1N2D, well, most 1N2D members, past or present have been in Running Man and Cutie in it is just awesome. So are we expecting it to be shown, maybe, in two or three weeks time? It is something to look forward to aside from our Cutie's Life Log which is really interesting. It would be fun to see how Cutie will fair in the games.. he will participate in the games right? Not just an appearance but all of it? But why only one day schedule for Running Man? I thought this is done two days, well, not really familiar with their scheduling. Ahh... looking forward to bouncing my head up and down when Cutie started running. ali_048.gif

All these Nodame news made me re-watch the jap drama again. Kekeke.
Hope the day I get to see Joo Won with such expression comes quickly. :))
c1_zps8b572c8e.jpg
(lol I don't remember about this piano teacher whacking him. So many comedic roles in this drama :)) )
Or maybe... this... =)) =)) =))
c2_zpsa088377d.jpg
(Chiaki: Huh?! Where's my belt?!)

@rionae‌ =)) =)) that screencap of Chiaki getting whacked nearly made me choked on my dinner while laughing :)) :)) you better start practising your "lightning fingers" screencapturing skills... I'll be looking forward to those hilarious screencaps from you :D