Joo Won 주원 [Current Drama 2024 - The Midnight Studio/ 야한(夜限) 사진관]

flutterby06

coolreborn said: mrdimples said: When he sang these two songs, there were small incidences. During the song “If I Were”, because he appeared in the middle, inevitably he had to pass a number of fans before he could get up the stage. This fan has self-deprecating humor, she wrote: “If you were sitting in the aisle seat, what would you have done? You would have extended your “monster claws” right?” Joo Won was very cooperative, he held out his hands and let as many fans touched him as possible. The fan’s seating was not too good but if she did not see wrongly, just when Joo Won was about to reach the side of the stage, someone touched his buttock and thigh. Joo Won was really shy, he immediately responded with a “Ack!” making those who sat behind this fan, laughed. When Joo Won sang “Nadeshiko”, he was so busy interacting with the fans that he forgot the lyrics. And he even laughed at himself. The fan joked that Joo Won is not suitable to be a singer.

mrdimples said: farbarri said: @mrdimples thanks so much for the translation, my friend. :x :x i know RL is hard on you, so thanks to you to take some time off just to translate the long fanaccount.
a part i would like to extract:
MC asked Joo Won is he likes to sing, fan thinks she wanted to ask if he would like to sing for a career. But even before she could continue, Joo Won said that he prefers to acting. He likes singing too but he is not good enough to be a professional singer. Joo Won said he likes acting and music can help the audience to immerse into the story so when he was in university he chose to debut in musical.

this is exactly what i have been thinking since i know he sings too, apart from acting. his singing is good, but not to the point that he should make albums and concerts as a living. in other words, a professional singer. with sufficient training during younger days, he could be, though. after all, he originally debuted in Freez(??) group. but due to the bully manager back then, he quit the group. i wonder what would have happened if he debuted as an idol, and continue down the path. there must be times when he want to try out acting, just like other idol-turned-actors currently. but he would have excelled so much more compared to most idol-actors now. :) regardless of what could have happened, i'm sure he would still not be a stereotyped actor, just like how he is now.
this part of the interview tells me he knows this himself, thus he chose to debut as musical actor, which is a combination of both acting and singing. his vocals are PERFECT for musicals. his vocal range is very high, and his vibrato is beautiful and powerful when he sings with emotion. i really wish Ghost will release a DVD, so that all of you will get to listen to how amazing Joowon's vocals are.

coolreborn said: mrdimples said: When he sang these two songs, there were small incidences. During the song “If I Were”, because he appeared in the middle, inevitably he had to pass a number of fans before he could get up the stage. This fan has self-deprecating humor, she wrote: “If you were sitting in the aisle seat, what would you have done? You would have extended your “monster claws” right?” Joo Won was very cooperative, he held out his hands and let as many fans touched him as possible. The fan’s seating was not too good but if she did not see wrongly, just when Joo Won was about to reach the side of the stage, someone touched his buttock and thigh. Joo Won was really shy, he immediately responded with a “Ack!” making those who sat behind this fan, laughed. When Joo Won sang “Nadeshiko”, he was so busy interacting with the fans that he forgot the lyrics. And he even laughed at himself. The fan joked that Joo Won is not suitable to be a singer.

Hi all thanks for all the updates sry I have not been active nowadays because of rl and bZ searching info on another idol as his info all in Japanese

So a really big question mark above my head when I searching his thgs

But no choice have to try to figure out myself

But lucky all cutie s info and updates are in here and smmr in eng

So I m reAlly thankful tt cutie has such a great fan base

and has a Channel like here

For the ppl who like him to know him more and get all the latest updates

Thank you

Ahhh cutie s so gorgeous

Really, my twin?

Hmmm.....I have imagined countless times what I would do if and when I meet Cutie one day. I'd probably squeak out a "I love you" or "Please take care of yourself" before I pass out. And if I am part of the crowd, I doubt I will do anything like touching his butt or thigh except to touch his hands or like @moonandhearts, grab his arm during a photoshoot -it's the most daring move I can muster. I guess beneath all those moating and lusty calls, I will not touch Cutie or any man in this way. So, I wish you all the best in your mission to get a front hug from Cutie because that's a very legit way of reaching your nirvana "raisins". @coolreborn Fighting!!!

I get so starstruck that there was not enough time to say anything. The love i felt for him was overflowing that i just want to grab him in a hug and tell him that everything will be fine, that we are supporting him regardless of what he does, that we love him so much.

So many things to tell him, yet i only managed to squeal, tell him he's good looking, ask his hand for a shake, and tell him to EAT a lot. Haish... It was pretty embarassing... If i get to take a picture with him, i would probably grab his waist though, from the back. Like what i did to carl and jiyeon. :D well, IF we were standing close enough. ;)) ;))

Aword of advice to all thos who will meet joowon or his manager: please practice what you are going to say. I wanted to say "Joowon-shi reul, teonajuseo, kamsahamnida" to Angel manager which i thought means "thank you for taking care of Joowon", but later maymay unnie told me it actually meant "thank you for giving birth to Joowon". THE HORROR!!!!

class="headline"Joo Won successfully finishes his fan meetings in Japan

Joo Won successfully finished his fan meetings in Japan.

On January 11th, 12th, and 13th, Joo Won had fan meetings in Tokyo and Osaka.

The Tokyo fan meeting took place on 11th at Nakano Sun Plaza, and the next day, he held a promotion event for drama '7th Grade Civil Servant' at the same place. On January 13th, he held a solo concert at NHK Hall in Osaka, and made a special memory with approximately 5,000 Japanese fans.

During the concert, Joo Won showed singing, dancing, and guitar performances. Many fans showed particularly great reactions when he performed Park Jin Young's 'Honey' and Shin Seung Hoon's 'I Believe'.

He sang about 10 different songs during the event, and it is said that Japanese fans made Joo Won cry by presenting a special event for him.

An official said, "Joo Won successfully finished two hours of a very physically demanding performance. It seemed that he was enjoying the time very much, and we were deeply impressed by the care that he showed for all of the staffs and fans."

Joo Won said, "I really enjoyed the two hours that I spent with my fans. It was my first time to be in Osaka, and I was deeply touched by everything that the fans showed for me. I promise to be back with another great show as soon as possible."

Meanwhile, Joo Won is currently preparing a new promotion that will be held around the entire Asia.

http://sg.entertainment.yahoo.com/news/joo-won-successfully-finishes-his-fan-meetings-in-040328004.html

Translation of a fan account on the Japan FM.
from http://blogs.yahoo.co.jp/yasusato13/63044646.html

Instead of re-interpreting, I've decided to do a direct translation, so it will be a first person perspective.

Yesterday I went to Joo Won’s event.

At Nakano Sun Plaza are many memories from the first time I went there for John-Hoon’s live.
At that time I remembered we were quite behind at the 2nd floor.

Although it’s a Saturday event this time, I obtained my ticket on Tuesday.

I was quite surprised as the first floor is usually taken up

I was even more surprised when the 30 rows behind and around me were vacant

There are probably not much people at the 2nd floor

Although I think that Joo Won is incredibly popular in Korea now,

I wonder if there are no recognitions for Kim Takgu in Japan?

I wasn’t able to go when he first came in June, I wonder if it felt like this?

Joo Won’s event is very good.

His singing that was originally trained for musicals is wonderful.
This time too, clips of the current-running musical GHOST is being played

In the play, he sang Unchained Melody while playing the guitar.

Firstly, he entered while singing the song from Good Doctor

The audience cheered loudly at his sudden singing entrance

After that he sang his only Japanese song, Nadeshiko?

Sad to say, the reality is that he almost does not know Japan’s songs. (ToT)

After that, (the event) proceeded happily with Shiina Yuki as the MC.

Joo Won in person is really slender.
After that Shiina-san asked about various things

Like for songs, he prefers to sing while acting

He said that when he was a child, he wanted to be a president, policeman or interpreter and various other occupations.

He also sang “If I” in Shion’s version.

He met with autistic people for reference and mentioned that even now, he has yet to get rid of Shion’s habits.

While watching the clip of Good Doctor who won the awards during the year-end drama awards,

The various differences between Shion and Joowon were asked.
In order to confirm the amazing memory power

He was to search among the audiences for 3 people who came during the June event.

And, out of the 3 chosen people, 2 of them did went in June,

the surprising result was that the other person went for another event.

But well, the people from the FC would have mostly went

And as a punishment for this mistake, he responded to the fans’ wish to skip around the audiences with a smile. Even though he skipped around for most places, he did go to the back area properly. As my seat is the 2nd from the aisle, he went past me really closely. I was extremely moved. And when he said he’ll properly go to the aisles that were missed out at a later time, I thought, ‘he is such a sincere person’.

After that he drew a picture to compare with Shion’s skilful drawing

A seat number was picked from the tickets, and that person has to do a pose while he draws.
And he was drawing rather seriously.

Even though he’s not very good himself, he did all the fine details.

And that drawing was of course given to that person.

And then as I thought that Joo Won’s junior Im Yoonho is first introducing in a video letter,

he appeared in the hall.
He appeared in the previous fan meeting too and while looking at clips of his nervous looks from that time, he laughed bitterly.

The two privately has good relationships too.

While looking at them, I thought he’s such a good senior.

And then Yoonho who seems fluent in English sang an English song.

It was a very wonderful adult-like song.
Why is everyone there so good at singing.

After that, Joo Won sang “Love Medicine” from Good Doctor.

What did he sing after that.
It wasn’t his song from Level 7 Civil Servant but “The Road Leading To You”.

His singing power is really overwhelming when it gets exciting

I consent that he’s not a singer but a musical actor.

After that, clips of him practicing the dance for this day was played

The dancers appeared, Joo Won started singing, and it’s actually JYP’s HONEY.
TEENTOP has sung this song in Immortal Song too and I liked it a lot.

Joo Won has also sang a little of it in some programme.

He did his best dancing this hard dance!

It was insanely cool.

After that he danced choo choo train.

It was exciting
~♪

He has practiced a lot

And for now the last song is the insert song for Kim Takgu, “My Love”.

While saying that it has ended, it wasn’t so and he sang one more song.

Nothing Better.

While singing this, his voice became choked with tears

It touched the hearts of the people who are watching

I thought it has ended with this but there is still the High Touch.

I didn’t know as it wasn’t written on the ticket.
I was rushing as I was almost the last person and there’s the autograph session after this

Joo Won who was wearing a hat and has a really small face looked lovely

Although he is very busy with the musical, drama and movie

It feels that he will come again soon.
Today it’s the event for Level 7 Civil Servant.

I have not seen this drama, so I won’t be going.

I think I’ll watch this next.

translated by rionae
--------------------------
Hmmm, I'm quite surprised at that 'vacant' seat part as other reports/fan account seems to say that the venue was crowded =/ Maybe she just meant that the seats were not taken at the time she bought the tickets and not the actual day itself?

And sorry i had to remove a few lines that i couldnt translate ㅋㅋㅋ