Joo Won 주원 [Drama- The Midnight Studio/ 야한(夜限) 사진관]

flutterby06

12 hours ago, mrdimples said:

Joo Won's love affair with Miss Caffeine? 

p.s. see, he even has her initial on his cap! 

How long do you think this has been going on? Now that they caught them on camera.
I mean... she's always on his mind!! He always talks about her!!
I mean... it sounds pretty serious. What would happen if they stopped seeing eachother?
I don't know if he could handle it... she's an addiction for him. Is this good? Can he live without her?

Joo Won is living out a real life drama!! Hahahahahaha. :w00t:

On a serious note, can someone explain to me how Korea Dispatch works? Is it like the paparazzi?
Where people follow around celebs and get juice and gossip? Like America's TMZ?
Did Cutie take that picture or was there a camera hidden somewhere or was it taken by someone?

• Like 4

The best of Joo Won

THE NATION February 27, 2016 1:00 am
30280270-05_big.jpg

The South Korean actor has Thai fans falling in love with him all over again as he returns to Bangkok for the third time

POPULAR SOUTH Korean actor Joo Won once again wowed his Thai followers at last week's fan meeting "The Best of Me". Held at Muang Thai GMM Live on the eighth floor of CentralWorld, the event marked his third appearance in Bangkok and fans were very vocal in their screams for their idol as he walked out onto the stage.

Attired in a smart black suit and wearing dark shades, Joo Won opened the show with a cover of Park Jin-Young's retro-dance song, "Honey" and showed that he can dance too with some neatly choreographed moves.

Greeting the crowd with "Sawasdee Khrub, phom chue Joo Won khrub. Sabai dee mai?" in accented Thai, Joo Won was rewarded by even louder screams.

That was the cue for Titiphan Suriyavith, aka DJ Que of True Music, to come out on stage along with a translator to interview the Korean actor. 

"How did you feel about this third fan meeting?" Titiphan asked.

"I arrived in Thailand a couple of days ago and my excitement has been building ever since. The excitement made me feel weak but all of you here have given me strength," the actor replied drawing more screams. 

Responding to a question on his choice of opening song, Joo Won said simply that he loved "Honey". 

"And quite apart from the fact that it's a great dance song, everybody here is my honey," he said.

An all-rounder who doesn't just act in the popular dramas but also sings the soundtracks, Joo Won swung into "Innocente" from "Tomorrow's Cantabile" then segued into "My Love" from "The King of Baking, Kim Takgu", his first TV drama and the one that shot him to fame.

Then it was time to play some games. For the first of these, "I Want to Know Everything about You", fans were selected at random to pose their questions.

Asked what province he would most like to visit during his trip, the actor was diplomatically vague. "Last year, I went to Chiang Mai with my parents," he said. "It was beautiful and I surprised at the cool climate. I have many good memories of our time there and when I knew I was booked to come here again, I was very excited. Where do you suggest I visit?"

He was more direct in responding to a request to give three good reasons for visiting Thailand. "Good weather, good food and, most importantly, all of you. I say that from my heart. Thai women are charming."

Another fan asked if he fancied acting in a Thai series. "Yes," he replied. "I would like to do it for all Thai fans."

The actor kept smiling as he played second game, "Ten Hai Raeng Post-it Krajai" with four lucky fans, happily awarding the winner with a large cut-out complete with his signature.

After a brief intermission, Joo Won was back on stage, this time dressed in rocker style to perform Bodyslam's hit "Saeng Sudthai". That led neatly into the third game, "Luk Pong Taek" with seven lucky fans finding themselves hugging him as they tried to burst a balloon within 30 seconds.

After the game, Titiphan asked Joo Won how he liked to spend his leisure time. 

"I go to a coffee shop or to the theatre with friends," he replied before performing "Love Medicine" from the series "Good Doctor" and helping the four girls whose birthday it was to blow out the candles on a birthday cake.

"Don't give up, even when you feel very tired. Things will go as you want them to and then you'll be able to smile happily," said Joo Won, before closing out his show with "If I Were" from "Good Doctor", "My Way to You" and a reprise of "Honey".

Source: http://www.nationmultimedia.com/life/The-best-of-Joo-Won-30280270.html 

• Like 5

Cr as tagged.

This has to be my fav photo of today's fansign. He looks so tender.So lovely.I miss u much,Oppa.

There are many photos but I hope post them right now.Hope someone does so.Or maybe tmrw. :)

• Like 6

Joo Won Fanmeeting Report♪ (Osaka 2016)

Hello everyone~♪

On 6th March (Sunday), Joo Won’s fanmeeting was held at the Dojima River Forum!!

Memorable scenes from dramas that Joo Won starred in were projected on the big screen.
While audiences were engrossed in looking at the screen and reminiscing the dramas, Joo Won appeared cheerfully in person!!

“Annyeong! I’m glad to meet everyone” he greeted playfully. “I’m here for sightseeing in Japan~!” Joo Won looks happy.

osaka1

「Talk Show」

Q: When did you come to Japan?
A: It’s a secret. I actually came to Tokyo a few days ago. I ate everything I wanted to eat!

Q: You received the SBS Daesang Award last year. Congratulations.
A: Even though I received the award, I am still the way I am. Nothing has changed.

Continue reading at: https://joowoncutie.wordpress.com/2016/03/12/osakafm2016

• Like 6

Coffee talks?

Q: What do you do on your day off?
A: There’s nothing in particular. I would wake up, make coffee, watch TV, drink coffee, make coffee again, put it into the refrigerator…
Since I don’t drink alcohol, I really like coffee. I also frequent the coffee shop near my house.

• Like 8

Love how JW looks in this vid. My fave chubby apple cheeks are back and those cute dimples :wub: though I like his new hair cut but I don't really fancy his new hair colour. I personally feels this lighter shade of brown makes him looks pale and tired.

• Like 5

On 12/03/2016 at 3:40 PM, rionae said:

Coffee talks?

Q: What do you do on your day off?
A: There’s nothing in particular. I would wake up, make coffee, watch TV, drink coffee, make coffee again, put it into the refrigerator…
Since I don’t drink alcohol, I really like coffee. I also frequent the coffee shop near my house.

Shall I go buy a coffee plantation? haha :D Take a course in being a barista and run a coffee truck ?  Ahh.... I have the same affinity with coffee..... can't function without the brew. I don't drink alcohol either. Putting coffee in the fridge? No no the coffee will taste flat. It's got to be freshly brewed. Haizzzz ..... he needs a wife or an automated coffee maker.

This young man seems so down to earth, so grounded. So regular yet extremely talented.

• Like 9

Lol my weird logic to figure out when Joowon has a new drama: watch his weight bwahahahaha!

I notice he tends to gain a few pounds when he is not filming and just right before filming he'll lose the weight. Judging from the mounti fansign he's probably not going to film any dramas in March :w00t::P:sweatingbullets:

Come back to Korean TV cutie!

And all that coffee talk... Hahaha you girls are hilarious! Lavender, I'll invest in a coffee plantation with you :w00t: bahahahaha

• Like 4

On 12/03/2016 at 3:40 PM, rionae said:
8 hours ago, callmegiggles said:

Lol my weird logic to figure out when Joowon has a new drama: watch his weight bwahahahaha!

I notice he tends to gain a few pounds when he is not filming and just right before filming he'll lose the weight. Judging from the mounti fansign he's probably not going to film any dramas in March :w00t::P:sweatingbullets:

Come back to Korean TV cutie!

And all that coffee talk... Hahaha you girls are hilarious! Lavender, I'll invest in a coffee plantation with you :w00t: bahahahaha

DEAL ....... !!! @callmegiggles... Our coffee plantation makes money from coffee addicts who hadn't figure out the best way to drink coffee and so haplessly over make the stuff which they put in the fridge which will either be forgotten or get mouldy.  We get JW to endorse our aromatic cafe which sets a trend for our special "JW HottieTottie " brand. We will also go into film production as long as the title isn't Coffee King, Coffee Prince, Coffee at Midnight, Coffee House, Coffee Owl, Coffee Nut, Coffee Cantabile, Coffee Angel, Coffee & Bread, Masked Coffee, Coffee Jool ( don't ask me about the last name ) :sweatingbullets::rolleyes:

Now we get cracking for a film for JW. First to emulate a current popular drama, it must be BIG budget, pre-production, exotic location, writer whose characterization of the male is macho, rugged, handsome, and the female bland, pre promotional blitz, effective marketing..... etc. There I've summarized what's ailing the ratings in the Korean film industry. Plus weak agencies who do not look out for their actors. That's why kudos to Joo Won for his supreme hard work in making YP and his other dramas huge successes. To a lesser actor, YP may pale without JW's passion and his dedication , even when conditions are adverse. :heart:

Well, JW are you ready...... ? Oh.... you're keeping your moves close to your heart? Not telling ? No news of any drama to feed the fans? :P

• Like 3

5 hours ago, lavender2love said:

Now we get cracking for a film for JW. First to emulate a current popular drama, it must be BIG budget, pre-production, exotic location, writer whose characterization of the male is macho, rugged, handsome, and the female bland, pre promotional blitz, effective marketing..... etc.

I am saying this purely from my point of view, I will be absolutely horrified if JW is to appear in such a drama. I'd forced to watch it, won't I? 

• Like 3

I don't have drama news but I read some fanaccounts of the Osaka FM.

Previously I was wondering what this outfit was for...

Pic cr: joowon_hkfansclub

This was actually for the game segment. Joo Won had to pick a ball (lottery pick) and wear based on what was written on the ball. And he picked 'Super Star'. So that's a superstar outfit eh... kekeke.
Apparently there was also an 'Angel' outfit ball.

So wearing that outfit, Joo Won has to play Scissors Paper Stone with fans. If he wins, he gets to remove one item. If the fan wins, Joo Won has to fulfil one of the following wishes:
1) Stroll hand in hand with Joo Won
2) Hug + say name and saranghae
3) Backhug + say name and saranghae
4) Take a 2-shot with the fan's camera

Aigoo... front or back??? how to choose....

Unlike the previous Japan FM where the dice was manipulated, this time its totally bokbulbok. So fans could actually lose :sweatingbullets: and so he took off the sunglasses and .. what is that flowery feathery thing on his neck. *i do not know in which order*
And instead of saranghae, he said aishiteru (the Japanese equivalent)

And since there seems to be several Reply 1988 fans here...
Joo Won and Namo duet this song. Seems to be a Reply 1988 OST.

이적 - 걱정말아요 그대 (Don't worry)

They also duet 'The Calling' from Altarboyz.

When Namo said he got 'goosebumps' in Japanese, Joo Won actually knew that word! That's impressive. I don't think this is a beginner or common word? Eh or maybe it is, since it's made up of the word bird + skin which is also how the Korean word forms xD

Then Namo promoted his Korean musical and asked Joo Won to go watch it (not sure if he said this in Japanese?). Then Joo Won just said 싫어 (don't want) Haha.

Fanacc by inabachikorea 

• Like 4

6 hours ago, lavender2love said:

DEAL ....... !!! @callmegiggles... Our coffee plantation makes money from coffee addicts who hadn't figure out the best way to drink coffee and so haplessly over make the stuff which they put in the fridge which will either be forgotten or get mouldy.  We get JW to endorse our aromatic cafe which sets a trend for our special "JW HottieTottie " brand. We will also go into film production as long as the title isn't Coffee King, Coffee Prince, Coffee at Midnight, Coffee House, Coffee Owl, Coffee Nut, Coffee Cantabile, Coffee Angel, Coffee & Bread, Masked Coffee, Coffee Jool ( don't ask me about the last name ) :sweatingbullets::rolleyes:

Now we get cracking for a film for JW. First to emulate a current popular drama, it must be BIG budget, pre-production, exotic location, writer whose characterization of the male is macho, rugged, handsome, and the female bland, pre promotional blitz, effective marketing..... etc. There I've summarized what's ailing the ratings in the Korean film industry. Plus weak agencies who do not look out for their actors. That's why kudos to Joo Won for his supreme hard work in making YP and his other dramas huge successes. To a lesser actor, YP may pale without JW's passion and his dedication , even when conditions are adverse. :heart:

Well, JW are you ready...... ? Oh.... you're keeping your moves close to your heart? Not telling ? No news of any drama to feed the fans? :P

My ideal film for Joo Won : He either grows all the hair and fight with bear,maybe tiger...or lions. Or he could become transgender and amazed us with his beautiful acting.  

My ideal drama : ...   no ideas.........................................because all the dramas that I want him to take are already taken.There is one Kim Eun Sook's upcoming drama. They said TvN is buying.My views for tvN is Bleh. The drama is about goblins;BLEH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! But I will be happy if goblins wear uniforms.      

I don't know,I just want Joo Won to send to army already if he is not going to take any dramas or movies.Hate the wait withour proper news.

Btw, I have always thought that JW dramas are meaningful and thought-provoking except "The drama that should not be named" and "Yongpal". Even Cantabile Tomorrow,which is quite a slow drama is charming and heart-warming in it own way.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, mrdimples said:

I am saying this purely from my point of view, I will be absolutely horrified if JW is to appear in such a drama. I'd forced to watch it, won't I? 

Awwww ..... you missed the sarcasm in my tone. Or perhaps I don't do sarcasm well........ , !! Yes, that's it..... I forgot to show a maniacal laugh after I mentioned why the current drama is popular just before " what's ailing the Korean film industry. "

:P^_^

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, lavender2love said:

Yes, that's it..... I forgot to show a maniacal laugh

Of course you must! The louder the better. Hey, why not throw in a song while you are at it? And if I still don't get it, wear a placard with the words "S.A.R.C.A.S.M" These days, subtlety is out. In-your-face is in. We all learn something new, don't we? I had always thought cliffhangers happen at the end of an episode, how wrong I was! 

• Like 2