[Drama 2011] The Musical 더 뮤지컬

siidudul

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest eunhye05

I couldnt make it home on time for the live stream. Grrrr. Decembers are deadly I tell ya. The Christmas rush, the traffic, the work load. It's not really healthy living through this season sometimes. hehe.

anyways i digress. EPIC episode! Need I say more?! Oh Yes indeed... I shall say more....

Click the spoiler button for more... hehe

Episode 13

- wow they summarized everyting in QUICK flashbacks! It's like a short trailer of the entire show. haha

- they used REPEATED Scenes again. (annoyed!Seriously if they're lacking footage then why not just super extend the new JY-EB scenes. I can live with that.)

- Back at the hospital...its not looking good for YJ's mom it seems. :(

- I feel Jin's pain. It just jumps off the screen and stings you. Poor guy. They should seriously nominate him for SBS Drama Awards. He's just amazing. Shame on you Grandfather! How could you have caused this family to be separated from each other and for so long. So much time wasted. So much lost.

- EB is back in Seoul. Yey! Closer to JY..oh right..and KH-sshi. what did KH say to make her reflect on JY's love confession? Did she let her in on JY's slave contract. tsk. Yes EB...he did that for you too.

- So GJ goes looking for JY and encounters SA. Does SA have JY's phone? She is really holding him prisoner in his own home. Aigoo.Did she just tell him "HANDS OFF"on my JY? hehe. Looked like it since GJ aint pleased.

- Back at Hospital. RK brings lots of food. Lunch boxes. Was the father humming "You raise me up korean version? I love that RJ tries her best to connect with Jin's mom. I think she'd make a great daughter in law for them too. Poor girl. She's doing all that she can too. Problem is...she's working so hard while EB just does it effortlessly.

- Back at EB's place- EB is singing her own version of JY's GUmiho song. Never thought I'd say it but I actually MISSED this song...any song! And it's sounding even better with EB's solo piano accompaniment. Good Job EB. :)

- Eeeeeep flashback of EB on JY's bed. Eeeeeep! I'm already getting giddy. Eeeep EB and JY montage yearning for each other. I LOVE THIS! I see more footage for wonderful MVs. Finally you two. Finally.

- BAck at Hospital. Oh Omma remembers him! AWwwwww! Shux this is so difficult. But they finally get to reconcile and reunite. Why Why WHy did you guys separate from each other in the first place. huhu. There so little time left. My heart aches...no wait..BLEEDS..for these three.Oh dear RK sees EB and Grandma visiting. Jealousy strikes again.

- At the bar/resto - Finally we now know who the voices are behind this catchy song. It's the singing cooks themselves. I KNEW IT! :D And....and.... Jung is Singing!!!!!!! He's so cute! I dont mind a man serenading me like that as well. She's flattered too. :D

- Rehearsal studio. Monty fighting! At least we know one musical is still running smoothly. Hmmm. EB's still thinking about JY. EB where r u going?

- Back at Hospital. See im telling you coffee never fails. So far it's been consistent again in helping build, strengten and heal relationships :) It's magical. Awwww a pinky promise between Jin-Mom. And here's the sad part. I cry. seriously. i cry. No dont die. no. guys seriously im literally... i can't...i..this is seriously toooo much. TOO MUCH! TT_____TT Oh my god. Omma :( I really wanted her to just be sleeping. I think I'll cry even more once I know what was actually said between them during the final moments. huhu

- JY's doorstep. And to play with our emotions ladies and gentlemen we have...The REUNION Scene! Eeeeeep.... i'm moving the painful last scene to a different part of my brain for a minute..i need to focus on this. Eeeeeep!

- Ok that was a bit shortlived. I'll wait for Sue's translations for this scene.  Wonder what was about to happen before EB got the news that YJ's mom passed away. JY is still playing hard to get though. Wake up Boy!

- And what do we have here? SA and her wily ways! All showered and ready for you JY! haha. Now where's the "Please eject drama character" button on my keyboard. I need it right about now! haha

- Hmm so did EB find out first before RK.  Shux. More drama coming up!

- At the funeral place we witness YJ holding EB's hand. He tells her to stay and of course cue in RK and JY to witness the intimacy of the moment...and there you have it folks.... Our love quadrangle in its rawest form. Yes EB- unfortunately it is what it looks like. :S

- At EB's place. Lots of incomprehensible stuff are being siad. Eeeeep JY dropped EB home. Dying for the subtitles right about now. JY's being cute again. EB's crying. Eeeepppp....and they KISS! Not yet the perfect kiss but it was perfectly imperfect for EB's first time! :)

Oh Im still giddy. Can't wait for next week. I sincerly apologize if this post is highly incoherent. As you've noticed almost all those who've posted after watching are in the same state of mind. hahaha. EPIC Episode!

Guest keysyoo0987

OMG! is there anyone who could translate the last five minutes of this episode?! I hope they can have at least have some happy time together. Just the two of them, they really deserve each other. They are just too cute together. 

Guest GoMiNam

Well...I had still some hope until now,...but I think it might be a waste of time.

Their scenes were precious to me, I liked them the most.

Maybe in another drama, they'll get a chance to get together. : )

YJ + EB

Hello Musical Lover ;)

Last week episode was ok, but today was great :)

I feel really sorry YJ losing his Mother such a great actor :)

I love much awaited Kiss between HJ/EB it was worth the wait :)

Here's my MV hope you guys like it :)

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/xmvrfg_the-musical-mv-let-the-love-begin_music

Have a great weekend :)

TheMusicalE13111209HDTVXviD-Barosavi_snapshot_010145_20111210_010300.jpg

Choi Daniel kiss Ku Hye Sun and confirms his love for her

December 10, 2011 10:10 am ilnungcha

Ku Hye Sun and Choi Daniel attracted attention with their ‘teary kiss.’

On the episode of SBS TV’s The Musical that aired on December 9, Jay (played by Choi Daniel) tried to confirm if Eunbi (played by Ku Hye Sun) really loves him. Jay was surprised when he saw Eunbi next to Yoo Jin (played by Park Ki Woong) who lost his mother, instead of his fiancée Ra Kyung (played by Ki Eun Sae). Yoo Jin revealed his feelings for Eunbi by asking her to stay with him.

Jay asked Eunbi, “Do you love representative Yoo Jin? I think I have the right to ask and get an answer for this kind of question.” When Jay saw Eunbi was having a hard time answering the question he said, “If that’s hard for you to answer, I’ll start with other questions.” and started asking her about how she feels about him.

Jay questioned, “Did you miss me? Did you think of me regardless of the musical?” Shedding tears, Eunbi nodded slightly and said, “You seem to have made up your mind about how you felt about me.”

Jay asked, “Do you love representative Yoo Jin?” Eunbi replied, “It’s not that. It’s just I know where and how much it hurts.” Jay asked once again, “Then do you love me?” Eunbi stood there crying not being able to answer. Jay kissed on Eunbi’s lips and confirmed his love once again.

Expectations are on the rise whether this ‘teary kiss’ will develop Jay and Eunbis relationship further or worsen the love triangle between Eunbi, Yoo Jin and Jay.

http://en.korea.com/kuhyesun/news/choi-daniel-kiss-ku-hye-sun-and-confirms-his-love-for-her/

Guest saz33na

the main highlight or say the whole attraction of epi 13 held on last 7 mins... strating from 56 min till the end is juss love <3

i really hate the fact of 2nd lead losing so many things... his mom n soon Eunbi too ... so sad for him ... his acting man hats off to him ... well done mah boy keke

I noticed him long time back with the movie My tutor friend 2 n his acting there too was so nice ... I wish he come up with more nice n with leading character of dramas/movies

I do like eunbi n jae combination too but its juss tht i like yujin more ... ottokae he will end up without eunbi :( still hope for more smiles on his face

Guest orionbynes2010

Boo Boo. I want YJ with EB. I use to like JY , but his character is so pointless. It's kind of funny how the second lead male has a stronger story arc than the lead male.

Oh well...

For a while there, I thought that this drama would try to break from the mold and actually go for the second male lead...To be able to provide a believable and decisively compelling story arc, YJ & EB's slow progression into an unlikely "relationship" delivered on all counts. But, as I repeatedly said in the past, the second male lead never gets the girl in almost all K dramas.

YJ's story finally came full circle. I'm glad that EB somewhat played a part in how YJ achieved his resolution. However, at this point, YJ is also in a state of flux and is "raw" from the emotional roller coaster he had to endure prior to his mom's death(hmm...especially after his mom's death).  I actually cried when he physically reached out to EB while she was consoling him. He looked so alone. EB seemed to be the only one who understood him. It's just so heartbreaking to see him devastated. YJ, my man, there seems to be another heartbreak looming in the future for you, EB may not reciprocate your feeling of lurve. *sigh*  I feel bad for RK, but even if they shared a decade of being together...I think it would be best to part ways...for good. 

Hokay, Fearless Forecast: YJ will be happy for EB and actually work in order for her to achieve her ultimate dream...to be a musical actress. He will probably end up bank-rolling the gumiho project on the sly...away from the prying eyes of his gramps, as a form of gratitude to all that EB has done for him. I'm sure he will want to see her up on that stage finally living her dream. That, I believe, is the better form of love, even if it would entail a huge sacrifice on YJ's part. (At least that's how I would want it to go, if they don't really end up together! Hehehe...give me a break...hope springs eternal!) To all the YJ & EB shippers! Let's enjoy the ride! Hmmm...are you familiar with some Jedi mind tricks and how we can persuade the TM writers to alter the storyline? :lol:  

myonenonly, shades_blue, GHSforever, hyesun4lyf, eunhye05 and all the rest of the JY & EB shippers...I'm happy that you're all back into fighting form hehehe. Just one comment, hmmm...I think...on how JY & EB got together, it felt like errrmm...a cop out? No difficult path in getting together? Problems were just swept under the rug? Just sayin'  I wanted to see JY to sweat it out a bit...errrm...IMO. blush.gif

Guest j-j-forever

I am really deeply torn between these 2 ships, like annypooh, Just when I started to root for YJ and EB and love them as my OTP, that's when this hunky, indispensable JY appears, aarrggghhh!!!

I know in my heart I love JY but right now more than ever YJ needs EB as he is very sensitive and vulnerable at anytime, the loss, the sad experience and keeping his real self to himself and being free of what he wants to do is just too much to bear!

Oh Yoo Jin, as much as I want EB to have a clone for you but what can I do? I am not the writer, if there is any consolation for you it will be also a happy ending, I am JY and EB shipper too but I guess they are both independent and strong and they can do it even without each other (could be because JY was a player before syndrome?)

And here is Yoo Jin, feeling the one true love he never thought would happen to him in the persona of Go Eun Bi-ssi ....OH MY GA! Im getting gaga over this drama! I can't sleep and I want the next episode and also like Eunhye just don't mind me going crazy over this! I just want Yoo Jin to be happy, as he is a great guy to start with!

Guest hyesun4lyf

wub.gif I'm so excited to watch this, finally!!!  I'm loving all the screencaps, recaps, and reviews....thanks a bunch to eunhye05, shades_blue, drmjs, cheerko, GHSforever, keysyoo0987 and to all the other TheMu lovers for filling this thread with so much excitement!  *group hug* w00t.gifw00t.gifw00t.gifw00t.gif

cheerko at GHS' thread just posted her partially completed translation  - Check it out!

webby's translation click here for that scene where most of the fans here were spazzing about...w00t.gif

Now, I'm off to watch episode 13 with my coffee! wub.gif

Guest shades_blue

@annypooh and j-j-forever, I know right? The writers WANTED us to start rooting for YJ right before they flipped it back to JY! They are tenting their fingers now as they watch us all go crazy. It really did seem at about halfway through the drama, that the show might be more about the slow burning YJ/EB relationship and development rather than EB’s & JY’s initial puppy love cuteness. Still, I never stopped rooting for JY because of those early scenes, and I so loved their chemistry together that I couldn’t jump ship. It’s not just because I love Choi Daniel…..I don’t think.phew.gif

Back to YJ, PKW made me cry so many times in this episode. When his mom recognized him and he cried on her stomach.tears.gif The pinky swear. tears.gif The way he kept talking to her from behind when he knew she had passed away in her wheelchair, clinging desperately to the hope that she was still there…….then the realization and breakdown. tears.gif O.M.G. Park. Ki. Woong…..  It was so realistic that I lost it completely. I don’t even have to see Full House 2 to know that there is going to be some serious 2nd lead shipping going on there too. Somebody give this guy a lead role! Stat!

About the cop out drmjs, I totally agree, but I find that I'm totally fine with it! lol. They have plenty of issues to deal with yet and you know there will be issues (this is kdrama afterall!), but at this point they just missed each other so much that something had to give, and why waste time. I love that JY got right to the point. (JY : “you don’t love that other guy right? Cuz I miss you like crazy and I think you love me too since you miss me and stuff” *smooch*). I like your forecast for YJ helping EB get her dream, but I want YJ and RK back together if he's not going to get EB. To use a k-drama term, I’d like for Jin to admit that he was “shaken” by EB,but to fall back into love with RK. What’s not to love about her? Adorable,sweet, caring, unselfish. She could be a rock for him if he let her.

I am sorry for all of the YJ shippers, but I’m sure there is plenty of YJ/EB shippy angst to come, it ain’t over till it’s over! 3.more.eps.! Oh...Saaaaddd! tears.gif

eunhye05  I LOVE your stream of consciousness recaps, they never fail to entertain me! I agree I actually missed the song too! Ha. I totally squealed when the EB/JY yearning montage started. In my mind I was thinking  “yes! A montage!….I like where this is going!….”. I thought Jang singing was uber adorable, even if it was totally off key. And the JY/EB kiss was the perfect sort of chaste awkwardness that a first kiss should be. Since we’ve seen the serious make-out sessions that JY is capable of though, I really hope EB gets a lil’ some of that in the future too.

hyesun4lyf there you are! Enjoy your coffee and episode 13 epic-ness!! wub.gif (then come back and squeal about it with the rest of us, k?)                    

Guest hyesun4lyf

So, even after all the spoilers I spazzingly went through before watching this episode, I still experienced all the RAW emotions like most of you did....gah! sweatingbullets.gif  I had to brew a fresh batch of coffee just because my first cup went all salty from my tears.  Jin, i.e. PKW dude, you shouldn't be accepting 2nd male lead roles anymore.  I agree with shades_blue, you're too good of an actor to be cast as such.  eunhye05, your recaps should have a thread of its own wub.gif.  You just make it so vivid that one can go without watching the drama and still feel like one have watched it...well, that kind of what happened to me Friday since I was out the whole day and can only go to this thread for the updates.  You and cheerko/webby should have a "mash up" for each episode. w00t.gif Who needs to wait for the English sub which takes the whole week when just a few hours later one can understand the whole drama phew.gif **imagining this combi while tenting fingers** w00t.gif

drmjs, I feel your disappointment for the OTP but can't help rejoicing that my ship is set to sail.  I myself, while in a slump due to ep 12, was preparing for the worst scenario with only the faintest  flicker of hope to bring me out of the darkness.  I'm not ready yet for Kdramaland to break from the mold...well, not for this drama, that is. phew.gif  I'm with shades_blue for Jin to eventually find happiness with RK still.  They really would make a power couple.  Jin to help EB's career and RK to plan EB's and JY's wedding...phew.gif

I wuuubbb wub.gifwub.gif the last quarter of the episode to the max!  I thought I was spazz-proof already from all the screencaps I've seen but I still played and replayed the first KISS w00t.gif scene!!!  EPIC!!! I wanted to scream like a fangirl.  Waaaahhhh! My heart is at the point of bursting. **inhales deeply to relax** I loved the conversation as well.  Thanks to webby for the translation.  JY, knowing that EB has a low Emotional IQ, patiently and lovingly guided her to understand her emotions and feelings and to differentiate between her feelings for Jin and JY but in the end he couldn't keep his own feelings at bay and went for the epic kiss to claim what is his.  Go, JY!  Fight for EB!  It's about time, dude. laugh.gif

Some Musings

Sun Hee's Illness

I thought that she had early onset Alzheimer's? The previous scan showed cerebral atrophy as was pointed by the previous doctor and now there's an inoperable brainstem glioma? Errr...I don't get it. They tried to speed-up her demise (they just had to add in head trauma to make sure of this)? Hokay...I know this is a work of fiction...ehehehe but it would be great if they would depict medical illness closer to how it should be...errrm...nuf said.

The Grandpa's Business Ethic

I understand YJ's gramps...when you have a business that is almost like an institution, you do not think of yourself and your problems first, you have the weight of families depending on you for their livelihood and that is a tremendous responsibility. I get it...But, in order to lead, and I mean really lead well, you should be a good example first to your family. Something that YJ's grandfather missed out on. Ermm...gramps there's also distribution of duties...you know...safeguards so that the institution would not crumble. We're human, we can constantly commit human error ehehehe...YJ is the company's future...YJ and a his radically different perspective.

The Promise  

I was waiting for Sue's translation on this part, I knew Jin promised something to his mom and I know realize how determined his mom was. She even asked EB's grandmother to look over her husband and Jin when she's gone. This is what Jin's mom said (I directly quoted your translation Sue...it was all very moving...)

" Also, you have to work and think very hard to find out ways to be happy and what would make you happy. Just because you live earnestly, does not mean that you will be happy. This life that we need to live will only become tragic if we just leave it alone..."

...And she should have applied it to herself. I think she did live her life earnestly by not allowing her illness to be a hindrance for her family; however, she also took away her son's power to choose and that resulted into him having major trust issues in life...Kdramas and their noble idiocy. I would think, if she were really true to herself, she would want to be with her family to the very end. I guess, this is Sun Hee's way of passing on what she had just realized to Jin. The importance of living on your own terms and choosing to be happy no matter what.

"Never ever marry because of someone or something else. It should be for you and only for you. Marry someone whom you know that it cannot be anybody else.."

I love this part, it was as if Jin's mom was clairvoyant. It does look like RK's father would have some issues with what just happened to RK (and understandably so...). I have a feeling that YJ would, this time, refuse to be forced into an unacceptale situation (no more uncomfortable shoes for him too...). I'm confident that YJ would end well even if it were not with EB.

Archived