[Variety] Good Sunday - Running Man 런닝맨

Guest adikkeluangman

All this discussion about the program rating is interesting, because we as the international viewers sometime cannot understand what made Korean people like to watch or not about their program. After all these years, I wonder if the production satisfied or feel comfortable at this level of their program popularity and success. If we forget about the rating. RM gain so much loves from overseas fans and they got fan meeting for RM and also due to RM popularity the cast also got invited to do their own fan meeting and showcase. 
Do they ever do fansign any activities for Korean fans. The fan meeting or showcase of RM itself. Not the one during their filming. The tickets for RM fanmeeting in my country is expensive even for the smaller or lower seat. This is not a concert or anything but just a fan meeting. Maybe the money and demand from the overseas made them forget about their own fans in their own land.
Like 1N2D, when they did the viewers special, the episode will took place like 2-3 episode. Not too forget about Cool Kiz too especially the Taekwondo special. The audition and everything. This is what Korean fans see them. 

Guest rndl176

adikkeluangman said: All this discussion about the program rating is interesting, because we as the international viewers sometime cannot understand what made Korean people like to watch or not about their program. After all these years, I wonder if the production satisfied or feel comfortable at this level of their program popularity and success. If we forget about the rating. RM gain so much loves from overseas fans and they got fan meeting for RM and also due to RM popularity the cast also got invited to do their own fan meeting and showcase. 
Do they ever do fansign any activities for Korean fans. The fan meeting or showcase of RM itself. Not the one during their filming. The tickets for RM fanmeeting in my country is expensive even for the smaller or lower seat. This is not a concert or anything but just a fan meeting. Maybe the money and demand from the overseas made them forget about their own fans in their own land.
Like 1N2D, when they did the viewers special, the episode will took place like 2-3 episode. Not too forget about Cool Kiz too especially the Taekwondo special. The audition and everything. This is what Korean fans see them. 

Guest spectators77

class="at_ttl" style="font-family: Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif; font-size: 30px; font-style: normal; font-variant: normal; font-weight: normal; line-height: 35px; padding: 0px; margin: 0px; list-style: none; letter-spacing: -0.03em; clear: both;"Running Mang Race Start Season 2 in Thailand on September 27, 2014

Guest spectators77

class="content-title" style="font-family: 'Open Sans', 'Helvetica Neue', Arial, sans-serif; font-size: 26px; font-style: normal; font-variant: normal; font-weight: 400; line-height: 1.4em; margin: 0px; padding: 0px; border: 0px; vertical-align: baseline; color: rgb(63, 63, 64); text-shadow: rgb(255, 255, 255) 1px 1px 0px; visibility: visible; background-color: rgb(255, 255, 255);"“Running Man” to Go on a Fan Meeting Tour Across 5 Countries class="content-title" style="margin: 0px; padding: 0px; border: 0px; vertical-align: baseline; text-shadow: rgb(255, 255, 255) 1px 1px 0px; visibility: visible; background-color: rgb(255, 255, 255);"lovelymorning September 5, 2014 

ifaks2g.jpg
It has been recently revealed that “Running Man” members will be going on a fan meeting tour in five different countries across Asia. According to a representative of the team, members Kim Jong Kook, Haha, Ji Suk Jin, Lee Kwang Soo, andSong Ji Hyo will be starting the tour in Thailand this coming September 27. Members Yoo Jae Suk and Gary, unfortunately, will not be able to attend due to conflicts in their schedules.

With the start of a fan meeting in Thailand on September 27, they will continue to Hong Kong on October 4, Indonesia on October 25, Malaysia on November 1, and Singapore on November 29. They will spend around two nights and three days in each country for the fan meetings. Each fan meeting will be comprised of several different events, including individual performances by each of the members, “Running Man” game missions with participation from the audience, and interviews of the members, among other things.

It will not be the first time the team has had a fan meeting. Last year, the “Running Man” team went to Hong Kong for a fan meeting. It’s also been revealed that they have been continuously receiving numerous love calls from the Chinese entertainment industry as well.

As many fans know, “Running Man” has had multiple specials across many different countries, like Vietnam, Thailand, and Malaysia, among others. These specials widened their audience range, and fans in each country received them with warm welcome.
Soon afterwards, news spread that Zhejiang Satellite TV will be reproducing “Running Man” into a Chinese version of the show. Chinese star Angelababy and six others will be the members of this version.

Meanwhile, the new episode of “Running Man” will air this coming Sunday, September 7 on SBS.
Anyone in those countries attending the fan meeting?

Soompi

Guest vienkimlong

http://netizenbuzz.blogspot.com/2014/09/tv-running-man-to-go-on-five-country.html 1. [+2,049, -38] Even if they don't get the best viewer ratings, they're unrivaled in Asia... I wish they'd go back to the hide and seek tag with bells, PD-nim. 

2. [+1,766, -42] I wish they'd go back to the name tag chase instead of all these weird games with the guests...

3. [+1,581, -24] When are they going back to the name tag chase... Why won't they? It was the best part of the show

4. [+1,054, -65] Wow, amazing.. a fan meeting? Asia's prince Lee Kwangsoo is of course the trend. The show's become representative of SBS. I hope they're long running like Infinity Challenge~

5. [+905, -26] Dang, five countries

6. [+137, -8] Running Man may be popular overseas but it's dying in Korea... The critical staff members of the show are off helping 'Running Man China' leaving Korea's version to fail along with its viewer ratings. I don't think SBS realizes what should be prioritized here. 

7. [+79, -0] I wish the scriptwriters would come up with more creative games and better guests... I'm not even asking for big name stars, but guests who are entertaining...

8. [+83, -7] I only ever watched the name tag chase... Please bring that back ㅠ

Guest sullifish

running man ep 214 , 140921 with my lovely girl drama cast (rain+krystal)cant wait..haha
tonight ep 212, there will be nametag chase scene..and i really hope this weekend sbs good sunday ratings can up...

Agree to this:  6. [+137, -8] Running Man may be popular overseas but it's dying in Korea... The critical staff members of the show are off helping 'Running Man China' leaving Korea's version to fail along with its viewer ratings. I don't think SBS realizes what should be prioritized here. 

If the last few minutes of our recent episode is of any indication of what next week's episode is going to look like, then I CAN'T wait for it. I don't know about anyone else, but the interactions that we got seeing the female guests, and Song Ji-Hyo, just ripping a "new one" towards each of the male Running Man members was hilarious.
And truth be told, but can anyone think of a time where a COUPLE's THEMED episode (not the ones where we would get a few male-male teams, but actual male-female team ups) wasn't good? I can't. Every COUPLE PAIRINGS Themed episode has been UTTERLY GREAT in my honest opinion. 
I mean some of my past favorites were the "Girls Generation", Newly Brides, Dormitory Rent, and even the Eternal Partner one (the one where the winning couple got a diamond ring at the end) episodes. 

heyleeeww everyone.. am new here..!!! n am super duper hooked w this show !! 

Anywaysss, is there any possible way/option , to call back the OLD AND CREATIVE PD?? 
the current pd is definitely lack of ideas and zero creativity... !!

Why don't they come up with something more compelling and unique??.. they should create games n concept like HUNGER GAMES/ JUNGLE ESCAPE/FROZEN  or perhaps something similar as Mr.&Mrs Smith -Secret couple vs Running Man -conquest of Gold..  etc.. 
They should do couples race more often.. Yong Hwa/nickhun needs to comeback!! - tbc-

Guest Littlezaznangel

nowadays it seems like one week its a boring episode and then the next one becomes really good, then another boring one comes ,etc.
i'm excited for next week it seems like its a good episode. I think the next episode will be more about the actresses then the running man members ( heirs ).  Maybe if they oust the heirs(rm members ) they can inherit their money.

im wondering how scripted rm is... before when we first watch the episodes for the first time i couldnt tell it was scripted. But after re-watching the rm episodes its easily noticeable how scripted is. Like in the teaser for next week episode it really seems like they really were clueless well some more than others.

@klent

well it certainly ain't leessang lol... especially with gil highly against jiwon joining the first movement concert.

Oh... so they are focusing on the Chinese market now? Well money-wise it would probably be great for them if the show actually takes off with good ratings. But then again, shouldn't they also give focus on the Korean Running Man especially with the ratings continuing to go down.. T__T

The members really work so hard doing whatever they could for the laughs..

But I agree with what was said that they lack the connection with the Korean viewers... it's just something that's much harder to achieve now especially with other shows going for the reality stuff that viewers will be able to relate to. Like with Real Man.. they make the celebs experience the military life which is really a big deal for the Korean people.. Running Man's concept's restricted to just the games.. so while it may provide the laughs.. the viewers also now look for really heartwarming scenes that the other shows provide..  I guess it's a huge factor with their ratings..

I just realized that when it comes to "Couple Themed" Episodes, where the Male Members are exclusively teamed up with a female guest/member on the show, Ji Suk-Jin "normally" ends up being partnered with Song Ji-Hyo.lol
I mean he was partnered up with her in the second half of the "Vintage School Class" Episodes (that featured Sulli, Luna, Jiyeon, and Suzy). He was partnered up with her again in the Wedding Race episode and now he's partnered up with her again (supposedly) and the upcoming episode. 

I recently marathoned all the Running Man episodes because I had never seen episodes 1-49 (I first started watching since ep 50's Bangkok episode).  Man, it really made me miss Song Joong Ki, and then I started rewatching some of his dramas... LOL xD  
Anyways, as many other Running Man fans have said, I also really miss the name tag ripping, hide and seek with bells, and attacker team and defender team.

Other formats/episodes/moments I miss are from the early episodes like:-

Leisure time for a cup of tea I always found this segment to be hilarious because of the giant ladles or ear picks.  But apparently it was dropped because there was controversies (?).- Find the guest(s)/Catch the Running Man.  I thought it was more fun when they had to find where the guests are hiding, or the guests have to rip off the Running Man's name tag in a certain amount of time.- Spies.- Yoomes Bond.- Travel episodes.  All the episodes when they were abroad are some of my favorites:  China, Hong Kong, Thailand, Australia.- Themed episodes.  Like the zombie one and the prison break episode.-  Superpowers.  ~THE ONE WHO CONTROLS TIME!!!~ lolol-  RM vs Idols.  My favorite RMvsIdols episode is the one featuring Yong Hwa, Nichkhun, Eun Jung, Si Wan, Eun Hyuk, Doo Joon, and Lee Joon.-  Yong Hwa.  I pretty much loved all the episodes with Yong Hwa in it!  He's one of the best guests on RM ever, IMO.-  The Photo Challege.  I miss "Peaceful Gary".-  The Jail.  With them chatting and discussing who eliminated them or who was the spy.-  The episodes with just Running Man members working together or against each other. Way better than having those guests who hardly participate.
(I got some of the mission/segment titles off of Wikipedia, so I don't know if they are the correct titles.)

Most of my favorite RM eps were from 2011-2013.  I hope we can see the name tag ripping game come back.