Your reputation at soompi

Guest shinhdeplol

Guest SouthernBelle82

This is so funny. People see us talking... about nothing insulting in general. And they just neg us :D

can't help but laugh

It just goes to show how the system is just ridiculous and how people abuse it. I now have -1902. :rolleyes:

• Replies 659
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

^ Nice record! :w00t:

I have 47 or something, the ironic thing is I bet none of those are from my general posts or even the ones where I'm trying to be helpful, but the ones where I'm arguing with a certain person. :lol:

I think I know who that person is... Someone who has like 15 times more rep points than you do, but in the minus...

= = = = = = = =

Wow, for being in my busy moments and posting very few random posts, I'm surprised I went up to 25... If only we could redeem those points into dollars... :phew: But then people in the minus will have to owe some money... HAHA!

Guest SouthernBelle82

^ Nice record! :w00t:

I think I know who that person is... Someone who has like 15 times more rep points than you do, but in the minus...

= = = = = = = =

Wow, for being in my busy moments and posting very few random posts, I'm surprised I went up to 25... If only we could redeem those points into dollars... :phew: But then people in the minus will have to owe some money... HAHA!

Now it's -1970. :rolleyes: I was thinking last night that at least I can't complain that I'm being ignored lol.

I would LOVE to get money from my points! I could do some major grocery shopping!

If we're going to have to have a point system too bad there couldn't be like prizes or something for points for when you reach certain points or you could be entered in a raffle or something like that. It would make it less annoying at least.

I don't have any TT_TT

Better than -1970 so don't complain. I wish I had none.

Guest SouthernBelle82

That's amazing.You should be happy about this accomplishment.You'll be making history when you reach -2000.

I honestly don't care. Rep points come and go. As long as you can't get banned it doesn't mean anything.

Guest SouthernBelle82

I disagree. Rep points mean a lot. It shows how popular you are. The larger it is in magnitude, the more popular you are.

LOL if you believe that. There's another Soompi member on here who has never done anything wrong and she has very thoughtful posts. I've only seen this person get petty maybe once or twice in a blue moon. I may not agree with some things she says but she still has very thoughtful posts and she has a high negative rep score as well. It has nothing to do with popularity. It's all pettiness. People can have the most wonderful and thought out posts and still get negative repped while the most immature (like a post in the current events forum) calling people's opinions "dumb" can get a star rating. So please spare me.

It just shows what people think about your posts... Good/bad, agreed/disagreed, etc. For some few others, it would be like "This person is pretty cool / Damn I hate this person"...

But unlike YouTube, posts don't disappear when they're over 5 in the minus... :ph34r:

Guest peppermintsugar

Mannosuke, I don't get why you have such a negative rep. :huh: I think a lot of your posts are hilarious.

I don't think a lot of people realize that most of the time, he's not very serious. I admit, it took me some getting used to as well :sweatingbullets:

I also agree that it would be cool if there was some raffle system or something to go along with the points, but then the favoritism/vendettas/spamming would become unbearable.

Guest SouthernBelle82

Note that I said "popular" and not "thoughtful"

I take english language very literally and use words by their definition.

Way to miss the point. It has nothing to do with popularity. That was my point. It has to do with pettiness. If someone doesn't like one thing you say or your supposed "tone" (even though they really have no clue how you're being unless you indicate it in writing) they'll negative rep you to where you'll have -2001. You can be having the nicest tone in the world but if in their mind they think not they'll negative rep you. Doesn't matter about what you say or anything. Just petty stuff. And it doesn't matter if you tell them you're being the opposite. They don't care and couldn't possibly be wrong. Oh no nobody else is ever in the wrong. If one person isn't liked in the current events forum if they do one thing wrong you're negative repped. If you're called name's and personally attacked those posts get positive points even if they're against the rules.

I also agree that it would be cool if there was some raffle system or something to go along with the points, but then the favoritism/vendettas/spamming would become unbearable.

Like it already isn't? Cliques are formed and buddies get together and positive rep their friends and negative rep anyone they don't like. And after thinking about it it would be really hard to do that. Because at one point in the day you could have enough to be in a raffle but by the time the raffle started (like if it was at the end of the day) you could be down -20 or something so far away.

Guest Malice_Kaiser

Way to miss the point. It has nothing to do with popularity. That was my point. It has to do with pettiness. If someone doesn't like one thing you say or your supposed "tone" (even though they really have no clue how you're being unless you indicate it in writing) they'll negative rep you to where you'll have -2001. You can be having the nicest tone in the world but if in their mind they think not they'll negative rep you. Doesn't matter about what you say or anything. Just petty stuff. And it doesn't matter if you tell them you're being the opposite. They don't care and couldn't possibly be wrong. Oh no nobody else is ever in the wrong. If one person isn't liked in the current events forum if they do one thing wrong you're negative repped. If you're called name's and personally attacked those posts get positive points even if they're against the rules.

I disagree. You say that it has nothing to do with popularity because "you can be having the nicest tone in the world" but people will negative rep you anyway. But that doesn't prove that this isn't based on popularity at all. If anything, that fact proves Mannosuke's point even more.

Sometimes negative (or positive) reps are petty, sure, but again, that doesn't at all mean it has nothing to do with popularity.

In any case, you are using your -2007 reputation to try and prove that the rep system is inherently flawed. You are vastly exaggerating how "bad" the system is and you are backing it up with your own personal situation. But your argument is flawed because you're the only one on the forums with a -2007 reputation, so it's not like this is a rampant problem popping up everywhere. :/

Guest SouthernBelle82

I disagree. You are the only one with -2001 rep points. Why is this so? Because you spent so long berating people and spamming threads with your arguments that vendettas against you formed. I realize you've been attempting to turn over a new leaf lately, but by now it is too late. Trollers are gonna troll you like they have been whether you start using a nice tone or not. At least, for now.

Point being: you say that it has nothing to do with popularity because "you can be having the nicest tone in the world" but people will negative rep you anyway. But that doesn't prove that this isn't based on popularity at all. If anything, that fact proves Mannosuke's point even more.

Sometimes negative (or positive) reps are petty, sure, but again, that doesn't at all mean it has nothing to do with popularity.

Oh please. You haven't proven a thing that it has to do with popularity. I just posted an article in the current events forum about India where I just made simple comments and mostly posted the article and that got negative repped. It has everything to do with pettiness. As for tones you still have no clue how someone is being unless they indicate it. If someone tells you that they're not being a certain way all you can do is say okay and move on. I even get negative repped in my own freakin journal. And how do you respond about the other person? They have nothing to do with popularity. All they do is make comments and they have a good high negative rep score. It has everything to do with pettiness and being children. Oh and I post on another forum that has the rep score and I post the same way I do here. I on average have a zero or a positive one there.

Archived