少女時代 Girls' Generation / SNSD (소녀시대) Official Thread [Ver.3] GIRLS 6ENERAT10N | HYO 4th Single "Dessert"

kimlees

Minzy thanked Sooyoung, Hyoyeon, Tiffany and Yoona in 2NE1 new album Thanks To.

cre Energywen

remember this pic from last time they praying for thailand

http://img4.imageshack.us/img4/898/snsdminzy.jpg

all the name of minzy thanked are present ;)

aww that was nice of Minzy to do... I'm sure she was able to get close with this bible study group for her to thank everyone in it. I wish for her and 2NE1 success.

---

'Asia's No. 1 Girl Group' So Nyuh Shi Dae's Japanese Debut Single Takes 1st!

coverei.jpg

The response to 'Asia's No. 1 Girl Group' So Nyuh Shi Dae debuting in Japan has been nothing less than explosive.

So Nyuh Shi Dae's debut single 'GENIE' was released this past 8th and claimed 1st on Japan iTunes' music video chart. In addition, they have claimed first place spots on Japan's largest music site, music.jp and Japan's largest mobile site's movie section (ringtone video) and video clip section.

In addition, the company has stated that even though this is So Nyuh Shi Dae's debut single, presale numbers have exceeded 80,000 copies and an increasing demand for the album is to be expected.

Album sales aside, the overwhelming demand and interest in various mediums such as mobile downloads, downloads, and music video charts have people looking forward to their activities.

Also, on the 8th, on the Oricon daily singles chart, So Nyuh Shi Dae was able to take a competitive spot in the top 5 along the likes of top singers Arashi and Glay, showing off a good start to their promotions in Japan.

So Nyuh Shi Dae will start off promotions of their first Japanese single, 'GENIE' by showing up on FujiTV's main program 'Dokutane' on the 10th.

credit: aseo @ soshified (thank you)

Kim MyungShin Reporter from hankyung.com

source: http://www.hankyung.com/news/app/newsview.php?aid=2010090936807

Guest crazyfrog

DISCUSSIONWhat's your favourite SNSD song to jam to?Or songs - won't get tired of it, listen to it anytime, anywhere, not necessarily the one with the most play counts.

1. Hahaha

2. Himnae

3. Oh

4. Gee

5. Into the New World.

I love all the happy chirpy songs. XD

Btw, I think 5th onf oricon is a good achievement for SNSD. I mean, I was honestly a little surprised when I first saw the competition SNSD was up against before the debut. I thought UMJ would've picked a date with less competition so SNSD would get top 3 or something. But they picked a hard one.

Cant wait for tomorrow their first ever performance after debuting in Japan. i bet the girls are nervous and probably reminiscing all the emotions felt when they first debuted. Except probably its a new and different feeling considering the language is not their mother tongue.

Really looking forward to their Japanese, I really hope SME or UMJ would let all 9 be a lil more fluent in Japanese.

Guest keoconvoi

Today Oricon Single Daily Chart, Genie #4 :)

*1 121,773 嵐

*2 *14,584 GLAY

*3 *12,344 放課後ティータイム

*4 少女時代

*5 フレンチ・キス

*6 氷川きよし

*7 WaT

*8 秦基博

*9 大塚愛

10 10-FEET

Oricon Single Daily Chart

1. 121,773 ARASHI - [Lφve Rainbow]

2. 14,584 GLAY - [Precious]

3. 12,344 HOUKAGO TEA TIME - [Gohan wa Okazu/U&I]

4. SNSD - [GENIE]

5. French Kiss - [Zutto Mae Kara]

6. Hikawa Kiyoshi - [Nijishiro no Baiyon]

7. WaT - [24/7 ~Mou Ichido~]

8. Hata Motohiro - [Metro Film]

9. Otsuka Ai - [i LOVE XXX]

10. 10-FEET - [hammer ska]

that would be 2ch

you can wait oricon to update but it will come later

go 2ch.net and search チャート

you will see CDチャート 9/8 sth like that

and look at id: wPaOtGxE post

v

v

Guest silis7noy2

1125oc5.jpg

cr:순규며짤@bestiz

Had to be away for couple of days, is there anything short that needs translation?

--

#4 Oricon today is a really good sign! Without the sales number we can't really say anything but at least it seems there doesn't seem to be a big dropoff which was the only thing I was worrying.

But anyway there have been all kinds of chart rankings and sales number estimates revealed in the last few days but the only thing that is going matter is the official Oricon weekly sales number that will be available next Tuesday. This cannot be emphasized enough. None of the information we have so far is giving us any good indication on what the final 1st week sales is going to be so there is no need to get worked up with the Oricon daily charts right now. The daily sales numbers for songs below top 3 are not available to public anything you see are estimates. (If Genie can somehow rank within top 3 in the next few days and reveal a sales number we might get an idea)

That said, the general sales trend for Genie is looking very good towards achieving the goal of 30K 1st week.

As many have noted SNSD is a rookie in Japan, most of Japanese people don't even have any idea who they are, though many seem curious.

There is no recent Japanese girl group other than AKB48, Perfume and Morning Musume who sold more than 30K 1st week.

Genie hitting 30K 1st week means surpassing all other J-girlgroups in existence. 30K is not to be taken lightly!

Even if Genie does 25K 1st week it would be a great success.

Remember again that even though there is SNSD media hype in Japan SNSD is really supported only by the core fans currently; the 30K goal relies mostly on this core fanbase and SNSD is not at stage where Japanese public will recognize them and buy their albums.

So Nyuh Shi Dae will start off promotions of their first Japanese single, 'GENIE' by showing up on FujiTV's main program 'Dokutane' on the 10th.

But... there're news they're leaving to China around 1-2pm that day.... such a rush... T_____T be healthy girls...

Yesterday i remembered we got the sales(estimation) for genie ,so what is the sales for today??

Can we get the infomation through the same way???

Anyway, SNSD are too busy to appear on Japanese variety shows since SME really overworked them..I am sure this situation will improve after SNSD finishes all their concerts.I expect them to focus on the japanese market in the year 2011...

However i do feel that SNSD need more exposure to the Japanese like how Kara did.

talesy: i really hope they wont make gee as their next single T.T call me immature or whatever but it wont do well in japan..japanese music industry is already scrutinising korean groups fro just trnalating their old songs to japanese.. they wont sell well.. japan music industry is big..they should take it seriously..^____^

i will agree with the las remake part..cos if they will remake gee..their sales would be lower.. theyre gonna learn their lesson

i'm a sone and soshsifed is the only international forum ive joined please dont call me a hater but i dont like sm's way of promoting they rely on visuals,...instead of emphasising their talents,, gee is korea's anthem but now its time to make new song.. i mean a real good song.im a sone but im not blind.. the only song's from snsd that i can consider REAL music are into the new world and girls generation.

i forgot..soompi is another forum site -.-

lol don't worry I know you're not a hater. It's actually interesting to read each one's opinion about Universal's strategy. :)

I don't think we should make assumptions about the girls' singles' success though. Nobody knows what will happen. The Japanese market is way too surprising to even consider predicting how well a single will do. When you say that people in Japan already know 'Gee', it's the same for 'Genie'. Only S♥NEs and K-Pop fans know the song, which means a minority. It's an unknown track for the Japanese audience, just like SNSD is an unknown group for them. :)

Anyway, #4 ?! Wow they surpassed French Kiss today. That's already great to see that they are a dangerous competition for Japanese rookies (or AKB sub-unit or whatever). They are doing so well. I'm sooo proud. <3

Guest jiawern

Well regarding some people that said umj/sme is over confident, well i have a quote to share with you guys

"High achievement always takes place in the framework of high expectation." - Charles F. Kettering

It's just a beginning for snsd in japan. I believe our girls will work hard to climb to the top! I have faith in them, SNSD fighting !

For snsd

"I do not like to repeat successes; I like to go on to other things." - Walt Disney

I am glad that they are taking this new challenge optimistically ^^

Guest Saram_Ki

DISCUSSIONWhat's your favourite SNSD song to jam to?Or songs - won't get tired of it, listen to it anytime, anywhere, not necessarily the one with the most play counts.

1. Genie (Japan or Korea is OK  :wub: )

2. Run Devil Run 

3. Gee

4. Way To Go

5. Dear Mom  -_-

All songs of Soshi r good and i love their voice so much  :wub: 

Soshi jjang ~~ be healthy  ^_^

Hello S♥nes (: My GENIE Japanese Single arrived today

and I just want to share some pics (:

92796981.jpg

35434418.jpg

82750333.jpg

I hope it was Taeyeon or Seohyun but I got Sica's Photocard (: So pretty~

66314921.jpg

source and credit: winkme

Video Clip Raking at Rekochoku

1. GENIE - 少女時代

2. MISTER - KARA

3. Heavy Rotation - AKB48

JIJI PRESS INTERVIEW

^ Yuri told that Sooyoung and her went to Tokyo Disneysea ~

Guest TaeNyJjang

Her big heart...

Her great love for her 8 sisters...

These are just some of the many many reasons why I love and admire our Yoona :)

yoonasaranghae.jpg

cr: kpopsecrets // avabianca @ twitter for the heads up

Yoona, who was the first member to start individual activities, stated, "It was hard when I was filming dramas, but I felt very lonely and most upset when the other eight members were up on stage without me." She added, "I would choose to have all nine members performing on stages together rather than individual activities."

Yoona also made an unexpected remark, "It is all of nine members' wish that Hyoyeon would go on a reality program. I highly recommend it. I think she'll do really well."

Though I can't deny that I have main biases,I love all nine and I support all nine.♥

Just like what our dear Tiffany said :

Tiffany: I often use this metaphor. All of the SNSD members are like raw materials like grains, good quality fruits, or sweets. They’re delicious by themselves. However, when you cook all those ingredients together, you create a cake or dessert called “SNSD”. In that moment, it’s much more delicious. I want to be able to supply our fans with a wonderful flavor.

trans:Kanki @ soshified

SNSD hwaiting!!!~

Remember, success is not measured by the number of awards/achievements but rather by the sense of happiness/fulfillment achieved. ^^

Seeing so many people loving and supporting our girls... isn't that enough to make us SONEs feel happy and proud?