少女時代 Girls' Generation / SNSD (소녀시대) Official Thread [Ver.3] GIRLS 6ENERAT10N | HYO 4th Single "Dessert"

kimlees

Guest PinkBlood

Third OST for Tiffany.

Her singing has progressed a lot in the last 4 years, since her first OST 'By Myself'.

Thumbs up to Fany Fany Tiffany, our brightest Gem/Mushroom.

I hope Sunny and Seohyun also gets to do more drama OSTs.

Guest minigakkun

I listen to NPR news radio 88.9 in Las Vegas and they were talking about the making of K-pop stars. They talked about Girls Generation and played Genie and The Boys! I listened to it on my way to school a couple hours ago and went fan girl mode. Ill try and look for the clip.

Guest HyperionZ

I listen to NPR news radio 88.9 in Las Vegas and they were talking about the making of K-pop stars. They talked about Girls Generation and played Genie and The Boys! I listened to it on my way to school a couple hours ago and went fan girl mode. Ill try and look for the clip.

Oh, that is really cool to here. I would be really happy and ecstatic if I heard one of SNSD's in my area. Maybe once they release an American album, Interscope can have radio stations play it on air all over the US.

Hi !

That's cool...

I just precisely read an article about it : http://minnesota.publicradio.org/features/npr.php?id=150359558

Guest miyu_07

where do you guys watch invincible youths episode with english subs???

I think SOOMPI thread got slow because of different other SNS that can give us faster updates..

Guest -quiescent

^wth am I reading?!!

Noooo I want S9! I have mixed feelings...

I take back my words. It's only for one song (according to the soompi article) so its okay.

Although I do wish that Seohyun was in it and Sunny!

Seobaby's, Sunny's and Taeyeon's voices are my personal favourites <3

^

Both Yuri & Yoona have their dramas, Sooyoung will also be starting her drama soon too. Sunny will be too busy with IY2, Music Island, and her musical. Hyoyeon also has IY2 but there still a small chance that she could be part of this. Leaving Taeyeon, Jessica, Tiffany and Seohyun as the most likely members to be involve with this unit. 

At this stage, all of this are still only rumours. Nothing has been confirmed by SM. We still don't know how many or which of the members will be involve.

Guest happy go lucky

Never been a fan of sub-units, never will. In saying that, what SugarJunkie points out almost justifies it... some activity from the girls is better than no activity (music wise). As noted, I doubt it'll extend further than just one song anyway, but we really don't know - it's all just guess work.

Guest HyperionZ

Never been a fan of sub-units, never will. In saying that, what SugarJunkie points out almost justifies it... some activity from the girls is better than no activity (music wise). As noted, I doubt it'll extend further than just one song anyway, but we really don't know - it's all just guess work.

I think its not a bad idea because of their individual schedules right now. Maybe if Sooyoung didn't get a drama offer and accept it and Sunny didn't have multiple things to do currently, they would probably be close to doing their group activities right now. However, since they are in this predicament, maybe SM thought why not try to experiment with making a Soshi vocal group. I think people are a bit afraid that creating a subunit might lead to something that might cause the group to break up, but I think that is just overthinking. I think the girls know they have always been best when they are together and right now, they are just on "hiatus" from their group activities to get some rest, even though they are really still working hard. For other groups, when the group activities are over, they usually do get some real rest with no activities, but that isn't really the case for SNSD because they really work non stop.

Guest Khryz

[EXCLUSIVE] INTERSCOPE RECORDS HAS BIG PLANS FOR GIRLS’ GENERATION

Girls-Generation.jpg

Yesterday I got some insider goss on Asia’s biggest girl group that was just too good not to share with my fellow K-Poppers.

After successfully introducing Girls’ Generation to American audiences earlier this year, Interscope Records is now determined to turn the girls into global superstars, and it’s all thanks to Interscope chairman Jimmy Iovine. The label boss was impressed with the way the girls handled themselves when they made their US TV debut in late January, and now he’s convinced that they have what it takes to go international.

Now that pop groups are becoming big in the States again, Iovine’s made Girls’ Generation a “top priority” at Interscope. Not only will they have access to the biggest producers that the label has to offer, but he’s also planning to have them work with some lesser-known names to try and find the best sound for the group. In short: everyone is going to be submitting material for the SNSD album.

The plan is to have the girls focus on their Korean and Japanese activities for the rest of the year, while they quietly prepare for their international debut with an English album, which is tentatively due for release next year.

Interestingly enough, Jimmy has also been talking about 2NE1 after learning about the group through will.i.am. But despite all the international attention that 2NE1 has been receiving, Iovine seems to be more interested in Girls’ Generation and is throwing all of his support behind them right now, although he could end up being involved with 2NE1 in the future.

It’s not hard to see why Iovine has taken more of a liking to SNSD over 2NE1. With their stunning beauty and synchronized dance moves, they probably remind him a lot of the Pussycat Dolls, who he launched to pop stardom back in 2005.

Guest LittlePinky82

I'm always mixed on subunits. You never know how they're gonna go. But to me in the end it's about what they want to do with it and what they hope to accomplish and such and I'm sure it'd be a great experience too. So in the end as long as the people involved are happy about it and wanting it I'm totally open and supportive. I always love new songs and maybe in the future the group can sing the songs too. I know that has happened in the past like with SS501 they had a subunit group and if I'm remembering correctly sometimes the guys as a group sang the songs the subunit group did. It turned out well. 

As pointed out everyone else has stuff going on so I don't see any harm in it and if there'd be anything to lose. 

As for GG going to be a priority at Interscope I'm happy. I'm a fan of both 2ne1 and GG but GG is my favorite girl group. All in all I'm just loving that they're going to get a chance to have an English album and I think that's very exciting. I'm someone who has been into Kpop for 9 yrs now and never would have ever imagined Kpop getting to where it is now being popular all over the world. It makes me a proud fan girl of all the acts I like getting global recognition and makes me hopeful that maybe the Hallyu Wave can come here! It's been quite some time since we've had pop groups and things have changed a lot since then so we'll have to see. :)  I'm excited for what's to come with that. Oh and even if an act I never got into  gets recognition I'm still happy just to see Kpop getting recognized. 

I'm sad I haven't been able to see any of "Love Rain" yet. I'm so close to being done with the term so I'll have time after my finals to catch up. Looks like it's good though. 

Oh and about Tiffany and her voice improving not surprised. Especially after her doing "Fame." I've noticed other Kpop idols in the past who have done musicals their voices only got better even if they were really great before. It just seems like musicals can do a lot for a singer. I enjoyed the ost that was first posted of Tiffany's. I hope she can do more in the future. 

Guest PinkBlood

Looks like Sooyoung will be doing a solo Ost for the drama ' Feast of the Gods'.

And Seohyun will be doing an Ost for "Fashion King'.

Wow, Ost Shidae!

All their vocals are getting recognition and attention.

Another step towards establishing themselves more in the K-drama side. This should prove very useful in promoting Soshi to K-drama fans who have little interest In Kpop.

SNSD Ace Bed CF

cr rinarin1000@YT

Yoona: Beds really do need to be scientifically designed...

Lee Sunkyun: Of course! Being fully rested even if you don't sleep for long, that's science!

SNSD: A bed isn't just furniture~!

LSK: The science of beds, Ace Bed

SNSD: Have a good jam [jam = sleep]

translation cr: Oniontaker@twitter

[Audio] Fashion King OST - Seohyun 기다릴게요

cr: llssyka@YT