少女時代 Girls' Generation / SNSD (소녀시대) Official Thread [Ver.3] GIRLS 6ENERAT10N | HYO 4th Single "Dessert"

kimlees

Sones please report these bashing comments...they have been bashing and bringing up SNSD for three damn pages now. Why is this ONLY allowed in that thread? do the mods feel sorry for them or something? this is pathetic.

http://www.soompi.com/forums/topic/372754-jyps-wonder-girls-%EC%9B%90%EB%8D%94%EA%B1%B8%EC%8A%A4-official-thread-3/page__st__2260

posted something over there, its disappointing to see their competitive attitude towards this whole american venture instead of a friendly attitude but i feel like there is no need to emulate their behaviour.

On a happier note, some cuts of Sica in today's Wild Romance

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vQvVA8A89iw

Am I the only one who is... well... shocked by her acting... Its really good...

i actually lurk at that thread but let's keep it at calm between two fandoms. it's what occur in that thread so just let it be. i dont agree with some of the post at there but then i also dont agree to the defending post on that thread either as I feel it is unnecessary. let's just stay at each other thread and keep things at peace ^_^

wow tonight our Ice Princess got a lot of screen time. yay!!! :w00t:

she's so cute... along with her Jessicat's Short lol :lol:

tumblr_lyew0faxPD1qfop43o1_250.giftumblr_lyew0faxPD1qfop43o2_250.gif

Nice one from Kang Jonghee :D

tumblr_lyetl9zfKN1qfop43o1_250.giftumblr_lyetl9zfKN1qfop43o2_250.gif

tumblr_lyetl9zfKN1qfop43o5_r1_250.giftumblr_lyetl9zfKN1qfop43o6_r1_250.gif

Wow strong Drinker Kang Jonghee ^_^

tumblr_lyesy7XUsX1qfop43o1_500.gif

Violent Sica on strike lol :lol:

all gifs cr: onesweetdelightlater @tumblr

this suppose to be the couple picture of Kang Jonghee and Park Mooyeol before they break up

tumblr_lyeoli9SYZ1qahidbo1_500.jpg

cr: Yurui912

Jessica struggle with her forever enemy "The Cucumber" being on the same table LOL :lol:

DGPL3.jpg

cr: imwhywhy @ twitter

Guest HyperionZ

I'm not too surprised by Sica's acting in this drama. It seems a little similar to her own personality in a way, so it fits her pretty well and a good choice to help get her feet wet in the acting business. I hope she is able to get more opportunities in acting. As for the drama, I am also not surprised by the drama's ratings. SM seems to have a poor run of choosing dramas for their actors recently, although I have to say Wild Romance is doing worse than I thought, it's just an overall bland, bad, and boring drama.

I am very excited for the girls performance on Letterman and Live with Kelly (Although I wish Regis were still hosting, he's the big shot you want to impress to get more connections imo, but oh well) as this will definitely get them some exposure to the American public. Now, as to what kind of exposure and how much effect it will have is another story. I don't think Letterman will interview them much or at all. Now with Kelly Ripa, they might chat a little bit, so that is where I expect some dialogue. Anyways, I hope Soshi give their best and I hope the best for them. This might not be their last American TV appearances, but it will be a good first impression they should take advantage of.

already posted this in other thread, but i still want to post it here...

as a big snsd fan, i was really eager to watch wild romance in the beginning...and after i watch the first episode till current one, i obviously enjoy it..BUT as much as i love snsd soo much and i definitely excited to watch jessica in this drama, i think it is unfair/inappropriate for the fans/viewers to watch only jessica's part in the youtube..you guys won't feel the fun when watching this drama anymore...wild romance is definitely an interesting drama and it is soo funny if you watch it from the first episode..i've read a lot of comments in yt saying that they don't understand the story...of course you won't understand it when you only watch certain parts which only when jessica appeared...those parts not really tell the whole story...

Sones, if you really want to support our girls especially jessica as a newbie actress, please watch the drama from the first episode or at least watch the whole today's episode, not the cut one..i feel soo sad when the fans just take this drama only for granted..we have soo many great actors and actresses like LDW and LSY in this drama who work so hard to entertain the viewers...i don't mind about the rating but please enjoy this drama like you enjoy watching any snsd shows/dramas..please be fair to others..

p/s: i will support this drama and will continue watching it till the end eventhough jessica is not in the drama anymore..love EJ and MY couple soo much..

already posted this in other thread, but i still want to post it here...

as a big snsd fan, i was really eager to watch wild romance in the beginning...and after i watch the first episode till current one, i obviously enjoy it..BUT as much as i love snsd soo much and i definitely excited to watch jessica in this drama, i think it is unfair/inappropriate for the fans/viewers to watch only jessica's part in the youtube..you guys won't feel the fun when watching this drama anymore...wild romance is definitely an interesting drama and it is soo funny if you watch it from the first episode..i've read a lot of comments in yt saying that they don't understand the story...of course you won't understand it when you only watch certain parts which only when jessica appeared...those parts not really tell the whole story...

Sones, if you really want to support our girls especially jessica as a newbie actress, please watch the drama from the first episode or at least watch the whole today's episode, not the cut one..i feel soo sad when the fans just take this drama only for granted..we have soo many great actors and actresses like LDW and LSY in this drama who work so hard to entertain the viewers...i don't mind about the rating but please enjoy this drama like you enjoy watching any snsd shows/dramas..please be fair to others..

p/s: i will support this drama and will continue watching it till the end eventhough jessica is not in the drama anymore..love EJ and MY couple soo much..

I agree with you so much! I also am big fan of soshi and I actually anticipate to watch this drama even before they announce Jessica going to be on it because the leads are LDW and LSY, two great actor actress. indeed everyone have their own preference on a drama some people will like it and some people may not (the all-time favorite drama Secret Garden also some people didnt like it). it's kinda sad that people just watch this drama because of Jessica cause this drama is actually good. the bad rating is actually not because the drama is bad, it's just because the other dramas is great and WR compete with this one great sageuk drama and recently koreans are in deep sageuk drama fever so it's understandable. WR still got their loyal fans that follow this drama. at least this drama didnt get 1 / 2% rating like Playful Kiss got before and that's much worse. I'm just glad that Jessica got a character that kinda similar to her personality. she did a great job :)

p/s: though right now I only watch Sica's cut. I'll just waiting for the whole ep7 & 8 finish to be subbed. I want to know how MY and EJ progress as a couple now that Jonghee has appear :lol:

Girls’ Generation voted ‘Power People’ of the entertainment industry

2012012801001644400145732.jpg

Girls’ Generation and SM Entertainment’s founder/chairman, Lee SooMan were selected as the entertainment industry’s ‘Power People’.

On entertainment information program, TV Joseon’s ‘Entertainment in TV’, Girls’ Generation were voted as the best ‘Power People’ in the female entertainers category among 100 others who are entertainment reporters, PD, writers, etc. The survey was carried out for a period of 1 week from January 21st.

The girls were picked as one of the ‘Power People’ because of their overseas advancement and also their role as the leader of Kpop and Hallyu boom. Composer Park GeunTae said, “The result reflects Girls’ Generation’s success in signing a contract with America’s top major music label, Interscope Records. I think it is a meaningful step for them as this is somewhat similar to a promising football player signing for a famous football club. In the US market, real challenges await”.

SM Entertainment’s chairman, Lee SooMan who faced challenges from entertainment’s industry’s top producers such as Yang HyunSuk, Park JinYoung, Hong SeungSung, Kim KwangSoo, etc was voted as the winner of the Producer Category. Yoo JaeSuk who features in many variety programs topped the Male Entertainers Category while Kim TaeHo PD of variety program ‘Infinity Challenge’ emerged as the ‘Power People’ of the Broadcast Category. In the Movie Category, it was none other than Director Park ChanWook who received recognition not only in Korea but also various international film festivals in Cannes, Berlin, etc.

Credit: sportschosun.com

David Letterman show seeks Girls’ Generation’s guest appearance for being interesting and unique

Girls’ Generation are highly regarded by the music producer for American TV Network, CBS’s popular talk show ‘Late Show with David Letterman’.

SM Entertainment revealed a portion of the email received from the music producer of ‘Late Show with David Letterman’, Sheryl Zelikson, confirming Girls’ Generation’s appearance on the show.

According to the email, producer Sheryl Zelikson said, “We thought of Girls’ Generation as a very interesting and unique group and thus, we decided to invite them on the show. We are very happy that Girls’ Generation have agreed to come on the ‘Late Show with David Letterman’ as their debut appearance on an American talkshow.”

Girls’ Generation are scheduled to appear on ‘Late Show with David Letterman’ on January 31st. On the show, the girls will be performing the title song of their 3rd album ‘The Boys’, which was released worldwide in October last year.

Besides the famous CBS talk show, Girls’ Generation will also be appearing on ABC’s morning talk show ‘Live! with Kelly’, on February 1st along with the famous pop star Jennifer Lopez. As American-born Tiffany and Jessica will be with the girls on these shows, they will not be having a translator with them during their TV show appearances.

Credit: donga.com

Translated by: fanwonder

Edited by: geeyoung123

cr: fanwonder.com

see there, it's David Letterman show producer that approach the girls ^_^

Guest leihino_18

SNSD was nominated at Anugerah Bintang Popular Berita Harian (ABPBH) 2011 for Most Popular Asian Artist / Celebrity Award. So, let’s vote for them in Malaysia’s leading newspaper fan choice award and MAKE SURE THEY WIN!

The online voting is from 14th January 2012 - 15th March 2012. You will have 5 voting points to vote everyday! Yay! Calling all SONES to vote!!!!

1. Go to this >> LINK <<

2. Click “Like” ABPBH 2011 fanpage to follow them and keep updated with latest news about this event.

Slide1.png

3. Click “Click Here” to go to voting page.

Slide2.png

4. Read “ HOW TO VOTE” and follow the instructions given.

Slide3.png

5. Place your vote and click “UNDI”.

Slide8.png

Make sure to comeback tomorrow to vote MORE.

Good luck! :)

i was at au (japanese cell phone company) yesterday, and for some reason, the background radio? was an interview with snsd. but...it sounded like an american radio station? they (tiffany) were talking about the boys and their new album.

it was all in english, but i'm in japan...and there are radio shows that are in english here....

i was so confused. o_O

Guest LittlePinky82

Hey everyone. I don't know if people remember me. I posted here a few times in the past. I'm Pinky. *waves* I'm going to be spending more time on here since I left another Kpop forum so yeah. This will be my new place for Soshi interaction and news. My bias is Sooyoung. *waves* 

I'm so so so excited to see the girls on Letterman and Kelly! Those two shows are quite popular with different age groups and such so it will be great exposure. I'm so glad they're all going too. I guess they're gonna sing "The Boys" with the English version. I love how Letterman's show asked them to do their debut appearance on there. How great! 

As with Jessica's acting yeah I think she seems to be doing fine on the show. I agree the character seems to be close to her personality. I think that's fun. Too bad about Sooyoung's drama. :( She's my bias and I was looking forward to seeing her act. 

hi pinky, why you left you other forum?

personally, i think snsd singing the korean version would be great. It would be great to show how beautiful the korean language is in song, which is the main appeal of korean pop for many international fans.

but, yea most likely they will sing the english ver.

the eng ver. is like that really bad engrish part you hear in a lot of korean song, not so pleasant.

Guest LittlePinky82

hi pinky, why you left you other forum?

personally, i think snsd singing  the korean version would be great. It would be great to show how beautiful the korean language is in song, which is the main appeal of korean pop for many international fans.

but, yea most likely they will sing the english ver.

the eng ver. is like that really bad engrish part you hear in a lot of korean song, not so pleasant.

Hey. Just mostly a lot of petty stuff and I just am tired of it.... It's more relaxed here on Soompi and I like that a lot more with my personality. I'm not into that petty stuff always fighting and stuff. 

Yeah it would be cool but I doubt it. It'd prob be in English. I think the Korean population in total in the US is pretty small in numbers compared to other ethnic groups. I can't remember the number but it's like a small number I remember. 

I'm so used to the Korean version it's weird hearing it in English haha. They sang it in English on some of their tour in other Asian countries. I remember seeing fan cams of it on Youtube. 

Guest imcutek

Hey does anyone have info about the fan sign event in NY. Im curious, can you get more than one thing signed? Im making my best friend go to it since I cant lol

Congrats snsd on their Japanese album win! So proud of our girls :D I have to admit I am nervous for their performances on US tv. Im going to watch and support them but Im nervous (afraid) of the reaction from the public. None the less I wish our girls the best of luck, but Im curious why no kpop groups ever come to FL. It would be easy to support them if they were in my state lol

Guest LittlePinky82

Hey does anyone have info about the fan sign event in NY.  Im curious, can you get more than one thing signed? Im making my best friend go to it since I cant lol

Congrats snsd on their Japanese album win! So proud of our girls :D I have to admit I am nervous for their performances on US tv. Im going to watch  and support them but Im nervous (afraid) of the reaction from the public. None the less I wish our girls the best of luck, but Im curious why no kpop groups ever come to FL.  It would be easy to support them if they were in my state lol

That's a good question. I saw info about it the other day but I'm not sure of the details so yeah but I think you can probably have one thing signed. That's usually how it is. Like your cd or a photo card or something I think. I've never been myself. Only seen fan cams and pictures so yeah sorry not too much help. :(

The Japanese album is so great. I love every song which is usually pretty rare for me. Sometimes there's a song or two I don't like so yeah the Japanese album is an A+ from me. :) I'm glad it won something!

I'm nervous too. But I think I'm more excited than anything else. Seeing Kpop on two major tv shows is amazing. And love how Letterman's people asked them! How did they know about them? Well I guess living in NYC and having the billboards perhaps.  The US hasn't had girl groups since the 90's so yeah it's natural to be nervous. There's no Hallyu wave or anything. It'd be great if they started it here and other acts come in the future. No Kpop comes to the south period lol. I'm in the southeast too and it sucks. No Atlanta. It'd be cool if they could go to Orlando and go to Disney places haha. I'd love that. <3

Guest racing.pulse

^ thanks! the show is pretty great, looks like they've grown a lot.

It goes to show that dedication can lead to something great, and it's how idols like snsd can gain good dancing skills after training for years.

But... there are only four of them. Where's Yonghyun? In the last episode he showed signs of uncooperation...

Guest HyperionZ

Hey does anyone have info about the fan sign event in NY.  Im curious, can you get more than one thing signed? Im making my best friend go to it since I cant lol

Congrats snsd on their Japanese album win! So proud of our girls :D I have to admit I am nervous for their performances on US tv. Im going to watch  and support them but Im nervous (afraid) of the reaction from the public. None the less I wish our girls the best of luck, but Im curious why no kpop groups ever come to FL.  It would be easy to support them if they were in my state lol

From what I am hearing, it seems like most likely 1 item signing, but you never know. I doubt SM will have the girls there long, 1-2 hours at most and I think there will be alot of people going to it. I'm not sure how this one will go since this is not in Korea, so there is no other event to compare it to. I do hope when they have events/shows or even a solo concert in LA, they would go a fansigning/fanmeet over there as well, NYC has been getting really lucky these past few months.

Guest imcutek

From what I am hearing, it seems like most likely 1 item signing, but you never know. I doubt SM will have the girls there long, 1-2 hours at most and I think there will be alot of people going to it. I'm not sure how this one will go since this is not in Korea, so there is no other event to compare it to. I do hope when they have events/shows or even a solo concert in LA, they would go a fansigning/fanmeet over there as well, NYC has been getting really lucky these past few months.

I see....I guess we will have to just wait and see. I hope NY sones know how lucky they are; they got a sm town, fan meet, and now a fan signing.

That's a good question. I saw info about it the other day but I'm not sure of the details so yeah but I think you can probably have one thing signed. That's usually how it is. Like your cd or a photo card or something I think. I've never been myself. Only seen fan cams and pictures so yeah sorry not too much help. :(

The Japanese album is so great. I love every song which is usually pretty rare for me. Sometimes there's a song or two I don't like so yeah the Japanese album is an A+ from me. :) I'm glad it won something!

I'm nervous too. But I think I'm more excited than anything else. Seeing Kpop on two major tv shows is amazing. And love how Letterman's people asked them! How did they know about them? Well I guess living in NYC and having the billboards perhaps.  The US hasn't had girl groups since the 90's so yeah it's natural to be nervous. There's no Hallyu wave or anything. It'd be great if they started it here and other acts come in the future. No Kpop comes to the south period lol. I'm in the southeast too and it sucks. No Atlanta. It'd be cool if they could go to Orlando and go to Disney places haha. I'd love that. <3

Their japanese album has to be my favorite album from them and one of my favorite albums in general. I know how people react when I tell them that I like kpop, so it should interesting to see the reaction the public gives. After Sm town in NY and LA they need to have one in Miami! there was even a kpop concert in Las Vegas so its time we get some love too. Plus Im broke and it would save me money if it is close or in my state lol