少女時代 Girls' Generation / SNSD (소녀시대) Official Thread [Ver.3] GIRLS 6ENERAT10N | HYO 4th Single "Dessert"

kimlees

Guest eyeless201

Sorry I missed SKE48. Other than that and the ones in my post, the groups you mentioned didn't reach 30K 1st week in their recent releases. Edit: Ok I was using month old data but just checked latest charts and just yesterday Watarirouka did 38K and TD sold lot too. Anyway the point I still make is that other than these AKB48-tied groups, Perfume, and MM, other girl groups haven't reached 30K 1st week - 30K is really a huge number for a new entrant.

This might be a bit oot ..

There are theory that said 1st day sales number shows on how big fanbase of an artist (in Japan of course)

Based on SNSD and Kara 1st day sales, seems like they have almost the same with SNSD has a little bit more.

Arashi's fanbase is large, they got 230k for 1st day sales.

But the record for this year highest 1st day sales is held by AKB48 with 340k. So their fanbase is massive in Japan and accross all gender and ages.

So, comparing with anything related to AKB48 is actually useless :P

Guest silent_scream

SNSD on Tokudane

20100910091133437.jpg

cr. vjunsak@twitter

48777281.jpg

cr. DC

fujitv000628061.jpg

fujitv000627126.th.jpgfujitv000628061.th.jpgfujitv000769369.th.jpgfujitv000785852.th.jpg

cr. Bestiz

hiros2008@twitter

SNSD said, "We like Japanese food very much, Ramen, Sushi, Takoyaki!". MC  said, "I will treat you with better Japanese dishes." (Tokudane!)

Aw I'm gonna be really sad if they lipsynched :( Why does UMJ and SM keep making them do that? I'm sure with some practice they'd be able to sing their Japanese lines... I sincerely hope they will start singing live in Japan soon!

EDIT: I also think it's a bad idea to make them lipsync because it wouldn't make a very good impression.

Guest meloncchii

There are theory that said 1st day sales number shows on how big fanbase of an artist (in Japan of course)

Arashi's fanbase is large, they got 230k for 1st day sales.

But the record for this year highest 1st day sales is held by AKB48 with 340k. So their fanbase is massive in Japan and accross all gender and ages.

I don't think that's necessarily true.

For AKB, many fans buy multiple copies, not to mention that they release three different versions (A, B, and theater).

And although I adore AKB, that highest first day sales record for this year is probably only because of senbatsu.

I mean, some fans bought hundreds of copies to vote for their oshimen. Just one Mii-chan fan bought 700 CDs by himself.

... if I bought that many copies, all my votes would have gone to Takamina... lalala.

I don't mind that the girls lipsynched.

Of course, I would like them to show off their pretty voices, but their performance was great nonetheless.

And Fany's "Odaiba, put it back on" was adorbs. (:

SNSD Mezamashi

LOL, they were asked what would they do if they had a wish and they answered that they want teleportation powers.

Guest snowqueen13

i'm upset with sm/umj making them lipsynched.. really with how they promote the girls plus making them lipsynched most of the time japanese people would not take them seriously and will think that the girls can sing...even in their showcase they lpsynched..tho the girls can sing especially taengoo

so much for their plan of making them asia's best girl group.. best group rarely lipsynched..

these earlier performances is crucial to snsd cos thats how and where they will be judged by the public,..

really before i thought sm was really genius but seeing things now.. i can see that their ideas are deteriorating..

Guest silent_scream

I'm so proud ㅠㅠㅠㅠㅠㅠㅠ I love the perf! and the blue navy uniform! How I miss those ♥ Congrats girls for the 1st successful debut stage! You delivered it well! Perfect Genie dance steps and the ending pose was fierce!! ♥

Actually I don't mind if they lip synced, maybe they are nervous it's their debut stage after all. Nevertheless, the whole perf was really awesome! Our girls really did well!

--

@meloncchii Haha! Teleportation!? I think they are tired of traveling by plane going back and forth haha that's why. lol~

Guest crazyfrog

I just watched the performance! (thanks cloudsaerif!) It was so pretty to watch... XD I would've liked the girls to have sung live, but I think they lipsynced because of the location of their performance. The stage was very temporary looking, even the little tv boxes in the front were fake plastic ones. XD If the girls performed live, it wouldn't sound very good because the sound system is not good. But the girls put up a beautiful performance. And I LOVE their camera man!

And 18000 in the first 2 days is very very awesome! Congrats to the girls for a good start!

Guest eyeless201

I don't think that's necessarily true.

For AKB, many fans buy multiple copies, not to mention that they release three different versions (A, B, and theater).

And although I adore AKB, that highest first day sales record for this year is probably only because of senbatsu.

I mean, some fans bought hundreds of copies to vote for their oshimen. Just one Mii-chan fan bought 700 CDs by himself.

... if I bought that many copies, all my votes would have gone to Takamina... lalala.

So how about Heavy Rotatio? no senbatsu election and outselling Ponytails (the senbatsu single)?

on the showcase the only song that seems not live only ITNW i think

the rest live

anyway yeah i think it's also cause the place

it seems not usual music program, seems more like a News program but sometimes there can be Live perf

i hope SM-UMJ will let the girls live no matter how weird their japanese sounds like

cause yeah like someone said i want the girls to be taken as serious artist as in REAL artist not just some pretty look-legs idols

Guest cantthinkofaname

honestly guys, quit talking about other artists in this thread if you cannot relate it to a snsd topic. pm each other about the success of AKB48 and whatever groups that they create. after all this thread is SNSD and not AKB48, ___, ___, ___ etc. thank you.

oh and lastly, quit comparing their sells w/ akb48 rookies groups or to akb48, there is absolutely no thinking process there ppl. comparing a group who has been around japan for a long time to a group who is barely debuting in japan and to add are foreigners. enough is enough and stick with snsd topics only please.

now, about tokudane performance, i enjoyed it even though it was lipsynched LOL. i liked how they wore the blue outfits instead of the jump suit >.<

Guest awwimsosweet

Gosh their performance was perfect! Job well done woori SNSD! Successful live debut stage in Japan! I'm reading tweets, the location of their debut stage is not suitable for sound system set up? (if the Google translator is correct. That's what it said)

@kangdong 도쿠다네에서의 립싱크는 후지테레비 현지 사정으로 인한 것으로 보입니다. 장소가 후지테레비 중앙 광장으로 음향세팅을 할 수 없는 곳... DON에서는 가창력 돋기를...

Anyway, looking forward to DON! ^_^

Guest shadow08

Gosh their performance was perfect! Job well done woori SNSD! Successful live debut stage in Japan! I'm reading tweets, the location of their debut stage is not suitable for sound system set up? (if the Google translator is correct. That's what it said)

Anyway, looking forward to DON! ^_^

Yea, you're right :) But then, I wonder how Tiffany got to say "Odaiba, put it back on!" live.. ?

I thought the performance was pretty good. Though it wasn't live, it was quite a spectacle. Their uniforms looked really good; I wish they would have worn that in the MV instead of the white hats/blue suits. Can't wait until a HQ vid pops up.

I am looking forward to the next performance! Hopefully, it will be live!! :)

Guest keoconvoi

Oricon Half-Day

*1 9,414 嵐

*2 1,167 GLAY

*3 1,120 放課後ティータイム

*4 少女時代

*5 フレンチ・キス

*6 AKB48

*7 WaT

*8 大塚愛

*9 10-FEET

10 関ジャニ∞

Guest silent_scream

I love how Sooyoung answered for the first few questions and then let other members express themselves, I think all of them are nervous and shy~ lol it really feels like they are rookies again hehehe~ aww don't worry girls just take it one step at a time. ^^

And ain't gonna complain that the camera man focused on their legs half of the interview. After all Genie is about their beautiful leg dance~

So excited for DON!

Guest zahieyjunki

for new members since most old soompiers are clear about it, pls avoid mentioned any other artists other than SNSD this is SNSD thread.

and also, no one-liner posts next time.

idc they're lip-sync on that performance cuz we've seen their live on the showcase last time, so we knew hows their japanese vocability alrdy..

and now I'm looking forward for DON!