Son Ye-Jin 손예진 [Drama “Thirty-Nine” (JTBC/NETFLIX)]

Helena

Guest kdramafanusa

umm yes of course, need to find a way to dl it thru clubbox.

Tee.pee, some wonderful members upload the files to sites where you can d/l directly - quick (done in 1-2 hours) & easy. :)

Check out Spotlight thread for those links.

Clubbox is available as well.

http://clubbox.co.kr/WITHS2CB

Guest kdramafanusa

i'll just wait for the english subs. :)

You can d/l the raw file first. Once the subs are out, you are set. :)

Anyone else has seen this ep? What do you think?

helloooo anybody hooooome?

how was the first epi of Spotlight?

Checking in. :) I d/l-ed it, but don't have a chance to see it yet.

Shirley posted a review/summary at Spotlight thread, check it out. I always enjoy reading Shirley's stuffs. :)

Guest kdramafanusa

Original Korean Article: Cine21 2008.04.29

English Translation Credit: HanCinema

[son Ye-jin] Envious of an independent life leading two men

"My Wife Got Married" Son Ye-jin's role of In-ah

M0040007_sc65102[H585-].jpg

-It must be hard filming the drama "Spotlight" too

=I have never done two things at once, except "The Classic" and "The Great Ambition", which overlapped a little. Luckily, the movie is almost done, so it's manageable. If I filmed the whole night and slept deeply, I used to be okay, but I get tired now. I'm drinking a tonic made of black goat and red ginseng.

-Were you close to Kim Joo-hyeok before? The staff is complaining that you two joke around too much. They want you to be serious during rehearsal.

=We don't have a lot of NGs. With Kim Joo-hyeok, there is a lot of affection as lovers and a couple. There is a lot of time we have to spend together. If we're awkward, then it won't seem real. After trying to act natural, it just became comfortable. Our director used to ask us to be serious for just one minute, but now, he jokes around even more than us.

-A wife with two husbands. It must be satisfying to play In-ah who doesn't care about what others think.

=It's more exciting since our nation is still a paternal society. It's a story that overturns institutions and customs. From a man's point of view, he won't be able to sympathize with In-ah. If the original In-ah can't be understood and accepted even after separating, the In-ah in the movie doesn't want to part from Duk-hoon, but also loves Jae-kyeong at the same time. One of my fans said that there was a woman in England with two husbands and translated an article for me, and it says that she is happy that both men are waiting for her. Both of the men's parents know, and she is only living her life in a different way and is happy that she has a bigger family. I do envy her that she can live an independent life the way she wants to.

-Do you like soccer? A lot of the stories of soccer in the original were taken out, but In-ah has to be constantly talking about soccer.

=I liked player Yoon Jeong-hwan. In the 2002 World Cup, I went to all the games except the one with Italy. Just that much. I don't know all about international soccer clubs like In-ah.

-How does the relationship between Duk-hoon and In-ah, and Jae-kyeong play out in the movie?

=I can't tell you that. I think I can get the nuance of what she means when she says that you become twice your size when you love. Although I don't completely understand a woman who has two families. (Laughs)

Thanks krdramafanusa for the article. It's interesting to know that she did well with Kim Joo Hyeok in the new movie ^^ Looking forward to that.

Also haven't downloaded the ep 2 yet, still at school now. Hope at least I can watch it tonight or tomorrow, after a long day at school with test T_T

Not sure if the ratings is better but I have so much confidence on our Hamil right now :)

I'm off now, have a nice day. I'll be back tonight or tomorrow with more comments on new ep of Spotlight.

Guest kdramafanusa

Source: ISPLUS 2008.05.01 09:20, MyDaily 2008-05-01 15:40:10, Yonhap 2008-05-01 14:22

MovieWeek's Annual '25 Beautiful Faces'

(chosen by 52 photographers & journalists)

AKR20080501088300041_01_i.jpgAKR20080501088300041_02_i.jpg

MEN

1. Ha Jeong-woo 하정우

2. Jang Dong-gun 장동건

3. Jo In-seong 조인성

4. Cha Seung-won 차승원

5. Jo Seung-woo 조승우

6. Won Bin 원빈

7. Kang Dong-won 강동원

8. Ryoo Seung-beom 류승범

9. Jeong woo-seong 정우성

9. Lee Byeong-heon 이병헌

Hwang Jeong-min 황정민

Kim Kang-woo 김강우

WOMEN

1. Kim Hye-soo 김혜수

2. Jeong Ryeo-won 정려원

3. Jeon Do-yeon 전도연

4. Lim Soo-jeong 임수정

5. Kim Min-hee 김민희

6. Han Ye-seul 한예슬

7. Kim Min-seon 김민선

7. Han Ji-min 한지민

9. Han Chae-yeong 한채영

10. Lee Yeon-hee 이연희

Bae Doo-na 배두나

Son Ye-jin 손예진

Kim Tae-hee 김태희

'25 Beautiful Faces' will be featured in Issue #326.

Source: ISPLUS 2008.05.01 09:20

English Translation Credit: HanCinema

Ha Jeong-woo - Kim Hye-soo, 1st for this year's 'wonderful face'

htm_200805010919540107000001070100-001.jpg

Photographers picked Ha Jeong-woo and Kim Hye-soo for having the most 'wonderful face'.

The movie entertainment weekly magazine Movie Week held its annual 'Wonderful Face 25', and the two were the top two males and females. It is Ha Jeong-woo's first time, and it is Kim Hye-soo's second time after 2006.

The order is determined by Korea's photographers and photo reporters, who see the stars' faces closest. Movie Week asked them to pick three males and three females who had a 'wonderful face for a subject for photography'.

This year, Jeong Ryeo-won was second, Jeon Do-yeon was third, Im Soo-jeong was fourth, and Kim Min-hee was fifth. Han Ye-seul, Kim Min-seon, Han Ji-min, Han Chae-young, Lee Yeon-hee, Bae Doona, Son Ye-jin, and Kim Tae-hee were also picked. For men, Jang Dong-gun was second, Jo In-Seong was third, Cha Seung-won was fourth, and Jo Seung-woo was fifth. Won Bin, Kang Dong-won, Ryoo Seung-beom, Jeong Woo-seong, Lee Byeong-Heon, Hwang Jeong-min and Kim Kang-woo filled the 'Wonderful Face 25".

It was unexpected that Ha Jeong-woo, a new face who became close to the public through his thriller "The Chaser", passed Jang Dong-gun and Jo In-Seong to place first. Photographer Lee Bo-kyeong said, "A volatile but natural face", Kim Jeong-soo said, "Because of it's plain face, there are infinite things to express", and Kim Hyeon-sung said, "Charismatic acting. Expressions and movement that a model cannot show".

About Kim Hye-soo, photographers said, "Charm and passion that overpowers the photographer", and "An actress that reverses time". Movie Week's 'Wonderful Face 25' special will come out on the 2nd, in its 326th issue.

Guest kdramafanusa

2008 Best Artists in Music, Film, Broadcasting

Survey period: May 7~12

Participants: 77 journalists, managers, marketers, and various entertainment industry workers

Actor

1. Jang Dong-gun 장동건 (36)

2. Ha Jeong-woo 하정우 (30)

3. Song Kang-ho 송강호 (42)

Actress

1. Jeon Do-yeon 전도연 (35)

2. Kim Hye-soo 김혜수 (38)

3. Son Ye-jin 손예진 (26)

연예계가 뽑은 ‘올 최고 남녀배우 1위’ 장동건·전도연

입력: 2008년 05월 15일 19:43:41

2008년 여배우·여자가수 신(新)트로이카는 바로 나!

배우 전도연(35)·김혜수(38)·손예진(26), 가수 소녀시대·쥬얼리·원더걸스가 스포츠칸이 창간 3주년을 맞아 실시한 설문조사에서 2008년 영화·방송계와 가요계를 이끄는 연예인들로 조사됐다.

스포츠칸은 지난 7일부터 12일까지 연예기자, 매니저, 마케터 등 각종 연예산업 종사자 77명을 대상으로 ‘2008년 현재 최고라고 생각하는 연예인’을 주제로 설문조사를 벌였다. 그 결과 여자배우 부문에서 전도연이 다른 여배우들을 제치고 1위에 올랐다. 2, 3위는 각각 김혜수와 손예진이 차지해 2000년 중반 이후의 신 트로이카 시대를 선언했다. 여자가수 부문에서는 9인조 그룹 ‘소녀시대’가 1위를 차지했다. 2, 3위에는 4인조 그룹 쥬얼리와 5인조 그룹 ‘원더걸스’가 올랐다.

전도연은 2위에 오른 김혜수와 표차를 배로 앞서며 1위에 올라 90년대 후반 이후 오른 왕좌를 계속 지켰다. 전도연은 시골 섬 처녀에서부터 불륜에 빠지는 커리어우먼까지 모든 역할을 소화하는 연기력에 출연한 거의 모든 영화를 손익분기점 위로 올려놓는 티켓파워를 양손에 나눠진 몇 안 되는 여배우로 평가된다. 거기다 지난해 이창동 감독의 영화 ‘밀양’의 신애 역으로 칸 여우주연상을 거머쥐면서 배우경력의 정점에 오르기도 했다. 최근 배우 하정우와 호흡을 맞춘 영화 ‘멋진 하루’의 개봉을 기다리고 있어 명성을 다시 확인할 그날만을 기다리고 있다.

여자가수부문 1위에 오른 소녀시대는 지난해 데뷔 싱글 ‘다시 만난 세계’를 발매하며 단시간 만에 신세대의 아이콘으로 올라섰다. 멤버 전원이 3~5년 트레이닝을 거쳐 목소리를 다듬었고 많은 인원에도 불구하고 일사불한 군무를 자랑하기도 한다. 최근 멤버들이 유닛활동에 들어가면서 각자의 매력을 십분 발휘하고 있다. 소녀시대는 응답자 전원의 고른 지지를 받아 1위에 올랐다.

여배우 2, 3위를 차지한 김혜수와 손예진 역시 영화 ‘모던보이(감독 정지우)’와 드라마 ‘스포트라이트(극본 이기원·연출 김도훈)’의 시작을 기다리며 팬들을 설레게 하고 있다. 여자가수 2위에 오른 쥬얼리는 5집앨범 후속곡 ‘모두다 쉿’으로 활동에 한창이다. ‘텔미’로 전국적인 열풍을 일으킨 원더걸스는 현재 휴식 중이지만 3위에 오르며 여전한 인기를 과시했다.

이밖에 남자배우 부문에서는 장동건(36)이 1위를 차지했다. 조각같은 외모에 연기력까지 겸비한 장동건은 2위를 너끈히 앞서며 ‘연예계 종사자들이 뽑은 최고의 남자배우’에 뽑혔다. 영화 ‘추격자’에 성공에 최근 영화 ‘비스티보이즈’가 상영에 한창인 배우 하정우(30)가 2위. 대한민국을 대표하는 ‘연기파 배우’ 송강호(42)가 3위에 올랐다.

남자가수부문은 5인조 그룹 빅뱅(G-드래곤·승리·대성·태양·TOP)이 1위에 올랐다. 현재 개인활동에 열중하고 있는 빅뱅은 올 여름 발매될 새앨범을 준비하고 있다. 그 뒤를 일본열도를 뒤흔들고 있는 그룹 동방신기(유노윤호·믹키유천·최강창민·영웅재중·시아준수)가 따르고 있으며 ‘월드스타’ 비가 3위를 차지했다.

그 밖에 MBC ‘무한도전’과 ‘놀러와’의 유재석은 개그맨 부문과 MC 부문을 독식해 높은 인기를 과시했다. ‘하찮은 형’ 박명수(38)가 유재석에 이어 개그맨 부문 2위에 올랐다. 강호동은 개그맨 부문 3위, MC 부문에 이름에 올리며 여전한 주가를 과시했다. 신동엽이 MC 부문 3위에 올랐다. 최고의 개그우먼부문은 최근 각종 버라이어티 프로그램에서 발군의 활약을 선보이는 신봉선(28)이 압도적인 표차로 정상에 올랐다. 박미선과 강유미가 그 뒤를 이어 2·3위에 올랐다.

이번 설문조사는 2008년 5월 현재 최고의 주가를 달리고 있는 연예인을 묻는 질문을 바탕으로 작성돼 조용필·서태지·이효리·보아 등 활동중단 중이거나 해외활동에 치중하고 있는 스타들은 순위권에 오르지 못하는 현상이 벌어졌다. 그러나 한 스타가 자리를 비우는 사이 새로운 스타(소녀시대, 하정우 등)가 나타나 대중의 관심을 획득하는 과정은 변함이 없었다.

<하경헌기자 azimae@kyunghyang.com>

Sports.khan 2008-05-15 19:43:41

hi guys ? how's everyone doing here in our unnie

son ye jin thread? .. actually i am very greatful to all of you guys for making time to drop by in !

because to all of you i am very updated to her.. eventhough i am not that very visible in this thraed

believe me im always here B) (im just invisible guest here in soompi) :blush:

uow .. she is getting more prettier, i am waiting (patiently) her series to come out soon so i can buy a original dvd of SPOTLIGHT

i owe you all off you guys ! kamsahamida :D

Guest kdramafanusa

Thanks krdramafanusa for the article. It's interesting to know that she did well with Kim Joo Hyeok in the new movie ^^ Looking forward to that.

Also haven't downloaded the ep 2 yet, still at school now. Hope at least I can watch it tonight or tomorrow, after a long day at school with test T_T

Not sure if the ratings is better but I have so much confidence on our Hamil right now :)

I'm off now, have a nice day. I'll be back tonight or tomorrow with more comments on new ep of Spotlight.

Hi Cheryl, you are welcome; SYJ's my favorite actress so I'm always happy to see news on her. Hope you did well on your tests earlier today.

It seems like SYJ's been trying to change her personality, she looks closer with her recent co-stars. :)

As for ratings, "On Air" & "Spotlight" probably had the similar group of viewers so ratings wouldn't be high for a show that starts when the other one is ending. Overall, Wednesday/Thursday timeslot isn't as strong as it used to be; (i follow tv ratings) OA's rating isn't very high, it's a lot lower than the previous Wednesday/Thursday leading show "New Heart". Plus, OA was lucky to start the week after "New Heart" ended. It's able to top the daily rating b/c KBS drama "I Hate You But It's Fine" (surpassed 40%) recently ended; even "Yi San" couldn't top that show. For fans who are curious about ratings, you can check the thread on TV ratings (link can be found in my signature).

But I wouldn't worry about it, I just hope that the drama will be well made. Whether it will get high ratings also depends on the viewers (whether they are willing to accept the 1st drama of its kind).

because to all of you i am very updated to her.. eventhough i am not that very visible in this thraed

believe me im always here B) (im just invisible guest here in soompi) :blush:

....i am waiting (patiently) her series to come out soon so i can buy a original dvd of SPOTLIGHT

Hi Shane_kim0016, welcome to our SYJ thread. :)

Please don't be shy, everyone's very nice & friendly here. We are a quiet group of fans. :)

For Spotlight, you can also check out Spotlight thread (link can be found in my signature) for info on downloadable (raw file + e-subtitles) files to watch and/or where to watch the show streaming as well. Don't have to wait til the DVD comes out for now.

I often post news in various threads so I usually don't have the chance to respond to posts as often as I like, but I do try to read all the postings here. :)

Guest tee.pee

@kdrama

i saw in this thread that syj appears on goldfish(?), kang ho dong's show, where can i watch it? is it on youtube?

Guest riehae

i like this actress...

she's so pretty... sexy... charming...

she got the looks and the body...

her thin body compliments her figure well...

looking forward to her dramas and movies...

^^~

@kdramafanusa: I understand what you said about the ratings. Not too much attention towards the Wednesday/Thursday dramas this year compared to the past few years. I'm sad about that but also, I don't care too much about ratings recently. Last year the dramas I watched had poor ratings from the beginning to the end. That's why I just watch the drama and the story with actors rather than based on the ratings to judge whether a drama is good or not.

Talking about next week, Iljimae will star airing as well. My favourite actor is there, and my forever love actress is in Spotlight. So I'm struggling with both of them but definitely want them to be successful anyhow ^^ So let's see what happen.

Haven't watched the drama coz I'm still doing report for my class. Probably tonight coz it will be Saturday tomorrow. Thanks for your info about the ratings. Let's watch Spotlight and support our favourite actress :)

Here are some pics, first two in "My wife got married"

1_52.jpg

21.jpg

They are random pics about the old dramas and movies? ^^ I guess the fan made them.

03cu8.jpg

27ya0.jpg

39626207xr7.jpg

ytnstar080515starnewssobx3.jpg

From DC inside

would also like to share caps from her latest drama...

20080517080434299e7_082108_0.jpg

credit as stated

....and an article =)

82년생 손예진·송혜교, 방송사 기자·PD 연이은 '이색 도전'

20080517073100279b6_073611_0.jpg

송혜교(왼쪽)와 손예진

그동안 드라마에서 좀처럼 얼굴을 볼 수 없었던 82년생 미녀스타 손예진과 송혜교가 같은 듯 다른 모습으로, 올 한 해 시청자들과 만남을 갖는다.

손예진은 현재 방송 중인 MBC 수목 미니시리즈 '스포트라이트'에서 방송사 사회부 기자 역을, 송혜교는 오는 11월 KBS 2TV '그들이 사는 세상'에서 방송사 PD 역을 연기할 예정이기 때문이다.

먼저 손예진은 지난 14일 첫 방송된 '스포트라이트'에서 각종 사고를 온 몸으로 겪는 방송사 사회부 3년 차 여기자 서우진 역을 연기하고 있다. SBS 드라마 '연애시대' 이후 시청자들 앞에 서고 있는 것이다.

손예진이 맡은 서우진은 온갖 고군분투를 겪으며 마침내 뉴스 앵커가 되는 인물이다. 시청자들은 14, 15일 '스포트라이트' 1, 2회를 본 뒤 손예진의 기자 변신에 대해 "실감난다"는 등의 의견을 보이며 대체적으로 호평을 나타내고 있다.

하지만 손예진이 지진희 등과 주연 호흡을 맞추고 있는 '스포트라이트'는 전체적인 리얼리티 논란 속에 1, 2회 연속 10% 미만의 시청률을 기록하며 부진을 면치 못하고 있기도 하다.

지난 2004년 여름 인기리에 방송된 KBS 2TV '풀하우스' 이후 '그들이 사는 세상'을 통해 4년여 만에 드라마에 복귀할 송혜교. 그녀도 이번 작품에서 방송사에 근무하는 PD 역으로 시청자들과 만날 예정이다.

송혜교가 소화할 방송사 PD 주준영은 거침없고 당당한 성격의 인물이다. 송혜교는 '풀하우스'를 함께 했던 표민수 PD와 이번 작품을 통해 다시 한번 호흡을 맞출 예정이어서, 이 부분에도 방송계 및 팬들의 관심이 쏠리고 있다. 이 작품의 집필은 노희경 작가가 맡으며 남자 주인공에는 현빈이 캐스팅됐다.

오랜만의 드라마 복귀작에서 방송사 기자와 PD 역을 각각 맡은 손예진과 송혜교가 시청자들로부터 어떤 평가를 이끌어 낼지에 관심이 쏠린다.

[관련기사]

how nice uv ya'll to share those SYJ goodies. thanks helena, cherylnguyen!

juz miss our onnie so much! haf u been able to watch Spotlight guys?

welcome to newbies, btw! good to see tat more filos are droppin-in on tis thread uv SYJ :)

-Apple

Guest kdramafanusa

I felt the need to post this here to clear things up, this applies to the news thread and the other threads on Soompi.

In additional to renowned sites with news articles in English (Korea Herald, Korea Times, Variety, etc), I sometimes post translated articles from HanCinema. There are many sites that have news on K-dramas in English too, why don't we repost their stuffs? In order to provide accurate and unbiased news to everyone, I would only post translations from sites that include/credit the original source of the news articles (reliable sources) rather than some fabricated contents based on personal views (biased) -- commonly seen at various blogs.

As for those translated from Chinese articles, many of the original C-articles contain incorrect information in the 1st place; some add things here & there to spice things up (only some of their contents originate from reliable Korean sources). In order to not have readers doubt the accuracy of news articles we post, fans who translate from Chinese sources should be careful as well (a lot of bad rep already). The reliable ones are Chosun & Yonhap.

Don't be saddened by the negative comments written by bloggers on Spotlight, they are not facts if they are not translated from original sources. Fans, who follow current news of k-dramas for awhile and/or familiar with ratings, can tell that some of these writers don't know what they are talking about. We have to be be extremely careful to not mislead others.

As for The World Where They Live & Spotlight copying On Air, do these bloggers know when the scripts were written/prepared for the other 2 shows? Plus, it is not true that dramas cannot earn very high ratings nowadays compared to those from recent years (not counting those from the 90's); I can list about 5-10 shows that passed 30% mark this year. "Likable Or Not" (over at the end of April 2008) consistently garnered 40%+ ratings toward the latter part of the series. Jumong's finale surpassed 50%, this was March of 2007.

Anyhow, don't have to reply to this post. I just don't like seeing inaccurate stuffs being passed around.... :)