Son Ye-Jin 손예진 [Drama “Thirty-Nine” (JTBC/NETFLIX)]

Helena

Guest kdramafanusa

Correct me if I am wrong but didn't they work together in a series before?

Hi Macrina, this is their 1st collaboration. :)

i've been an avid ye jin fan (& won bin) since time immemorial but am an "invisible" visitor here at soompi. I just would like to ask if anyone has the link to the new clips from KBS2 and the filming of My Wife Got Married clips? I'm referring to the pictures posted from DC inside. Thank you so much!

Hi Abegail_p2003,

I posted some links before, you can check "My Wife Got Married" thread.

I have been busy so I don't have a chance to look for new ones yet. There should be more out there....

^I was like, "Be careful w/ that hand Ji Jin Hee shii!!!" lol I can't say I think SYJ looks completely comfortable either... who knows, maybe it's just me???

Hahaha....Maybe it's the angle the picture was taken from?

Well, he's married so there's no chance of them turning into a real life couple.

For real life couple, I'm still rooting for SSH + SYJ. :)

now waiting 'patiently' for her new work.. Spotlight... B)

Hi Zacey, the wait will be over soon. :)

juz wanna add some more pix from de confab

Hi Quteacho, thanks for all the pics & news articles.

Been so busy so I couldn't post as many summaries as I like.

Those with many stars are mostly about big stars returning to television this year, some of the articles note that the film industry is going through a slump.

*Wave* to everyone. :)

Welcome new friends to our SYJ thread, please come & share your thoughts and/or anything about SYJ. :)

Guest kdramafanusa

Son Ye-jin & Kim Joo-hyuk to watch soccer game in Spain

On the 9th, an official of movie "My Wife Got Married" said that Son Ye-jin and Kim Joo-hyuk will be in Spain to watch the FC Barcelona soccer game on the 12th at 4am (Korea time); the movie will be filmed at the same time. "My Wife Got Married" cast & crew will leave Korea for Spain on the 8th and return home on the 14th.

http://star.moneytoday.co.kr/view/stview.p...050909140614902

Guest kdramafanusa

Son Ye Jin - Spotlight Wallpapers

- From [MBC] Spotlight official website

Seoul GC Man, thanks for the wallpapers. :)

Guest kdramafanusa

thanks for the all the pics and wallpapers.. i like the one with SYJ holding her phone.. Spotlight is going to start next week rite? Yippee..

Yes, it'll start this Wednesday. Please check out the Spotlight thread (my signature has the link), it will be subbed by With S2. :)

Guest Yehbaby

[summary]

Actress Son Ye-jin does not have celebrities friends

On the 7th, actress Son Ye-jin (26) participated in the filming/recording of MC Kang Ho-dong's variety show "Goldfish" (MBC). She revealed that she doesn't have any friends in the entertainment circle throughout her 8-year career. She often considers herself not good at interpersonal relationships so she closes herself up (ie introvert, not very open). Very worried, she even tried to find solutions before.

She admits that she's an introvert, not easy to be closed to her co-stars. She said that it's a pity to not able to be friends with insiders/entertainers.

She also revealed that she doesn't express her inner feelings leading others to have pre-conceived notions about her. Over the 3-hour filming, the workers/staffs were able to feel the friendly and true side of her.

Son Ye-jin's Wednesday/Thursday drama "Spotlight" with actor Ji Jin-hee will premiere on May 14th at 9:55pm on MBC. This segment will be aired on May 14th as well.

interesting article....i did read about SYJ's introverted character sometime ago....people say that she's cool and appears a bit snobbish as she prefers to keep to herself and doesn't like interacting much with her fellow workers. also read that she's one of the more intelligent female celebrities in korea (high IQ eh?). ^_^

SYJ has improved so much from her first drama Delicious Proposal. i remember her as a pretty face back in her earlier days in movies like The Classic.....but her acting has matured so much since then. Alone in Love is next on my to-watch list (been hunting for this drama for soo long! :sweatingbullets: )....am also looking forward to Spotlight since i'm a fan of newsroom action (and also becuz of Ji Jin Hee - he's got the perfect face as a newscaster, imo...) so bring it on! :D

btw, thanks for bringing us so many news articles and pics, kdramafanusa. ^^

Guest kdramafanusa

Source: Korea Herald 2008-05-12

Reporters get the spotlight

MBC's upcoming drama "Spotlight," which airs this Wednesday night, promises to bring back a bit of excitement to the small screen.

Following on the heels of its more-than-lackluster predecessor "Who Are You?", "Spotlight" focuses on the gritty and enterprising lives of city desk broadcast news reporters. The drama tracks one woman's rise to fame, from her struggles at the city desk to her eventual success as an anchorwoman.

With a plot like that, the success of "Spotlight" rides on the strength of its heroine and on its scripting.

And the script promises to be solid. The drama's writer Lee Ki-won possesses a finesse for drawing out the dark political power struggles that go on in the workplace. And his intense and cutthroat writing will play out well in the newsroom. Lee also wrote last year's hit medical drama "White Tower."

"I focused on the inner struggles that reporters face as humans," Lee said at a press conference held last week. "While there is romance, more importantly, this is about trust."

200805120005.gif

▲Ji Jin-hee and Son Ye-jin (right) play news reporters in "Spotlight."[MBC]

But judging from the preview and from what big-time celebrity Son Ye-jin, 26, had to say at the press conference, "Spotlight's" heroine might have trouble getting her feet off the ground.

Set to play the title role, Son, who deftly played a calculating yet endearing seductress in the hit flick "The Art of Seduction" (2005), more than disappointed with her lack of comical timing and poor delivery in the preview.

Rather than playing up the stereotype of the merciless and bold news reporter, Son's reporter was clueless and clumsy. Hardly convincing as a newswoman with three years of experience under her belt, Son will need to beef up her role in the episodes to come.

"The director and scriptwriter met with anchors, announcers and reporters," said Son at the press conference. "I did not meet them directly."

But if Son does not want to get pushed into the shadows by her costars - actors Ji Jin-hee and Jin Goo - she might want to consider stepping it up and meeting up with some reporters to get a feel for what the job is really like.

On the flipside, actor Jin Goo, 27, who proved his acting mettle in the gangster flick "A Dirty Carnival" (2006), showed that he had done the research and training needed to play the minor but interesting role of a cub reporter.

"To prepare for my role, I followed a real cub reporter around," Jin said. "The first thing I realized is that this is a dirty job."

By dirty, he meant literally dirty, and made sure to keep his hair looking messy and unkempt for the role.

Jin might just outshine his more prominent costars, giving Ji Jin-hee a run for his money. Ji Jin-hee, 36, who hit it big when he starred opposite Lee Young-ae in "Jewel in the Palace" (2003), is returning to the small screen after a three-year hiatus.

Playing the stern and supremely talented lead reporter for the city news desk, Ji prepped for his role by hanging out with reporters over dinner.

"I met with city desk reporters over dinner," Ji said. "They were very hierarchical, even more top-down than an army."

With a little insight into the social life of a reporter, it looks like Ji might have a respectable handle on his role as the heroine's mentor. Add that to the strong subject matter, and MBC may just have a winning formula.

But this formula isn't new.

Japan focused on broadcast news in the miniseries "Top Caster," which aired on Fuji TV in 2006. And Hollywood won audiences over with the hit newsroom flick "Up Close and Personal" (1996). MBC even did it before with their drama "All About Eve" in 2000.

To be successful, the show will have to distinguish itself from what has been done before. And "Spotlight" producer Kim Do-hoon is well aware of that.

"'Spotlight' focuses on the important but often unnoticed city desk broadcast news reporters," producer Kim said at the press conference.

And turning the spotlight on the rough-and-tough city desk might be what it takes to breathe new life into an old plotline.

Viewers will have to tune in Wednesday night to see if "Spotlight" breaks the mold.

"Spotlight" airs Wednesdays and Thursdays on MBC at 9:55 p.m.

By Jean Oh

(oh_jean@heraldm.com)

Guest kdramafanusa

Source: Korea Times 05-13-2008 17:03

'Spotlight' Shows the Lives of Reporters

By Han Sang-hee

Staff Reporter

080513_p14_spotlight.jpg

Actors Son Ye-jin, left, and Ji Jin-hee will appear as city desk reporters in the new drama "Spotlight'' tonight on MBC.

With MBC's new drama "Spotlight,'' viewers will get a glimpse into the lives of broadcast news reporters covering the city beat.

"Spotlight'' depicts the journey toward success of a passionate city desk reporter Seo Woo-jin, played by top actress Son Ye-jin. Ji Jin-hee from the hit drama "Jewel in the Palace'' will star as her strict, yet caring mentor, Oh Tae-seok. The drama will follow Seo's drudge through the grind to eventually become an anchorwoman.

At the press conference held last week in southern Seoul, reporters and camera crews swarmed the room for a shot of Son.

"Spotlight'' is the first drama in two years for Son, 26, who has starred in movies like "The Classic'' (2003) and "The Art of Seduction'' (2005).

"I read the synopsis and had a strong impression. I especially liked the fact that (Seo) continues to strive to achieve her dreams. I was captivated by her passion and energy,'' Son said.

A short clip of the drama drew laughter among reporters when Ji said "You call yourself a reporter?'' hinting that the crew meant it when they said they were aiming for a "real'' reporter drama.

"We tried to break away from the cliche love scenes this time. We focused more on their stress as human beings and reporters, not just their affections toward each other,'' said Lee Kee-won, the writer of the drama. Lee tasted success last year with his strong presentation of the political world of doctors through the medical drama, "Behind the White Tower (2007).''

Producer Kim Do-hoon explained that reality was of foremost importance in "Spotlight.'' "We'll be showing episodes that might really happen in real life. I think this is hard because we never had a drama like this before. Being the first is always difficult because there isn't much to compare with.''

The actors also mentioned their share of reality, as many of them actually spent their days and nights with real reporters.

"I followed a reporter for a day. At first, I didn't believe it when they told me they didn't have time to bathe. But I realized they really didn't have the time to even wash their face,'' said Jin Gu who plays fellow reporter Lee Soon-cheol.

As top celebrities, actors bump into reporters frequently, whether they enjoy it or not. When asked if their opinions toward them changed, Ji Jin-hee admitted that it was all about the choice of words.

"I realized the importance of my words. The right words can turn you into a hero but using the wrong words will have you fall. I told myself to be careful from now on,'' he laughed.

"I started to understand their struggle to capture the truth for the public. Now I feel very pressured,'' Son added.

This is the first time for a television program to solely delve deep into the lives of broadcast news reporters, although there were some dramas and movies that briefly introduced the profession. In order to bring reality to the small screen, some scenes were shot at the real MBC News Desk set in Yeouido, Seoul, while MBC city desk news reporters will be adding reality by appearing as well.

"We'll introduce the dilemmas reporters face as people with feelings and also as people who have to dig out the truth. There is a symbiotic relationship between the two,'' Son said.

"Spotlight'' will be aired tonight 9:55 on MBC.

sanghee@koreatimes.co.kr

Guest kdramafanusa

Actress Son Ye-jin does not have celebrities friends

On the 7th, actress Son Ye-jin (26) participated in the filming/recording of MC Kang Ho-dong's variety show "Goldfish" (MBC)....

Son Ye-jin's Wednesday/Thursday drama "Spotlight" with actor Ji Jin-hee will premiere on May 14th at 9:55pm on MBC. This segment will be aired on May 14th as well.

20080513161210.943.1.jpg

20080513161210.943.0.jpg

20080513151143.jpg

[images=newsen/reviewstar]

SYJ has improved so much from her first drama Delicious Proposal. i remember her as a pretty face back in her earlier days in movies like The Classic.....but her acting has matured so much since then. Alone in Love is next on my to-watch list (been hunting for this drama for soo long! :sweatingbullets: )..

btw, thanks for bringing us so many news articles and pics, kdramafanusa. ^^

Hi Yehbaby, you are welcome. :)

In terms of acting, it was "Alone In Love" that gained her recognition as a 'true' actress.

Guest tee.pee

let's bump this thread since syj's new series will start airing today.

nice to be back here after a loooong time.

Guest kdramafanusa

let's bump this thread since syj's new series will start airing today.

nice to be back here after a loooong time.

Hi Tee.pee, welcome back.

Do you plan on seeing Spotlight? Please check out Spotlight thread (my signature has the link) for info/discussions. :)

can't wait to see Spotlight

Hi Asprikitk, hope Spotlight will be great. :)

weeee!!! cun wait enough oredy to see de episodes

uv Spotlight! anyone who can watch de airing puhlease

keep us posted....

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

손예진 “나이트 죽순이었다구요?”…루머 직접 해명

2008051416211038402_162505_0.jpg

배우 손예진이 자신을 둘러싼 각종 루머들에 대해 직접 해명에 나서 화제가 되고 있다.

14일 방송되는 MBC '황금어장-무릎팍도사'에 출연하는 손예진은 얼마전 녹화에서 재치있고 솔직한 입담을 과시해 MC들을 놀라게 했다는 후문이다.

손예진이 무릎팍도사를 찾아온 고민은 "연예인 친구와 사귀고 싶다"는 것.

이에 강호동이 "나는 어떻냐"고 묻자 손예진은 "가려서 사귀려구요"라고 말해 웃음을 자아내기도 했다.

또한 이날 녹화에서 손예진은 자신을 둘러싼 "부산 벨라지오 나이트 죽순이였다" "강북 개라 냄새난다" 등의 루머에 대해서도 솔직하게 밝혀 눈길을 끌었다.

영화나 드라마에서 보여지던 갸냘프고 여린 모습에서 똑부러지고 당찬 그녀의 또다른 모습을 드러낸 것.

또한 이어지는 질문공세에 손예진은 "묵비권을 행사하겠습니다" "다음 뭐죠?" "알아들으신 거죠?" 등의 대답으로 강호동, 유세윤, 우승민 세 MC와 팽팽한 기싸움을 펼치기도 했다.

MBC 미니시리즈 '스포트라이트'에서 열혈기자로 2년만에 브라운관 컴백을 앞두고 있는 손예진이 출연한 '무릎팍도사'는 14일 방송된다.

디지털뉴스팀

Guest tee.pee

@kdramafanusa

umm yes of course, need to find a way to dl it thru clubbox.

anyway, is clubbox still working? i used it to download alone in love, after that i kinda

laylow on K-Dramas since work was catching up.

i watched Open City 2 weeks ago, and honestly, i was surprised by SYJ. Versatility

written all over her, that is one of the reason why i followed SYJ's career, she portrays

different roles and not the usual teeny, romantic-comedy-ish roles (pa-tweetums effect, ask any soompiers from the Phils, and

you'll know what im talking about.) unlike other korean actresses. just my 2 cents.

@quteacho

still remember me? i used to visit your friendster blog. kamusta? :D

@kdramafanusa

@quteacho

still remember me? i used to visit your friendster blog. kamusta? :D

i do, tee.pee. really? gosh! u haf seen me oredy?!

would like to know yer acct name so i can check yours too.

daya.... hahaha. am good. super busy sa work kaya hindi ko

pa rin mapanood yung Open City... Yay! Spotlight na diba... :P

newei, zup wit de english fansite uv our dearest?

still remember tat u haf plan uv puttin up one ayt.

c'mon do it! go! go! go!

Guest tee.pee

@quteacho

yup, i remembered that. actually, i already have the design and the content

for the fansite, but my pc broke down and i didn't back up the files.

lesson learned, always back up your files. :P

anyway, work catched up on me since i was transferred to another department, sad to say

i didn't finished it. :(

and besides, there are many fansites of SYJ around the net and ours won't be kakulangan. :D

Just watched the first one this morning (raw episode). It was quite interesting and yeah, some people said that the plot seems to be fast ^^ I was so nervous the whole time for the coming back of Son Ye Jin but everything is fine now. Gonna wait for the sub of WITHS2 and probably the Vietnamese sub from KST but still...

Anyone else has seen this ep? What do you think?