Son Ye-Jin 손예진 [Drama “Thirty-Nine” (JTBC/NETFLIX)]

Helena

Guest jjyy738

Son Ye-jin hasn't done comedies in a while. She has always portrayed such a sexy, mature image on the big screen that the audience has, in a way, stereotyped her in that image. Hence, when she acted in a comedic or naive role such as that in Personal Taste, I guess the audience could not get used to the transformation.

White Night was really intense but the climax really came at the end of the movie when Son Ye-jin's character looked at Ko Soo's character first in shock, then with a deadly yet emotionally detached calmness. I would agree that more interactions would serve the story better and make the relationship between the two more believable. I guess the director got a little too sidetracked by the theme of black and white and neglected the storyline a bit. That said, I love the cinematography. It's great!

I am totally in love with SYJ's rendition of Kai-in from the very beginning. In fact, I love the first four episodes the most, because it's all about Kai-in and it's so comic. ( I am a devout fan of anime and manga)I love how SYJ doesn't care about presenting herself in such an unruly fashion. Some Korean news even had headlined like "Son Ye Jin is ruined" since for them SYJ represents class and fashion. In fact, when the actors of personal taste first gathered together to rehearse the script, she showed up without any makeup and wore casual clothes. This is why I love SYJ. She is not necessarily the prettiest but her confidence and her down-to-earth attitude paradoxically make her unique and beautiful beyond words.

Oh boys. Different from others, I love every outfit of hers at the very beginning. Remember her over-sized T-shirts and one gray sweater with one big hole? She looks so endearing and her eye glasses--I heard they are actually for little kids!

Yes. The gaze between SYJ and Ko Soo in White Night is delivered by both with such intensity. It's amazing. Although there is barely any face-to-face interactions between the two leads, that gaze expresses so much chemistry.

BTW, Son Ye Jin has photo shooting projects in Maldives from June 16-22. Can't wait for her new photos!

Guest whatleftforme

Hi all.

Newcomers here can call me Ann(e) (eh sorry, I'm too lazy to name each one of you ;)) . I just pop in once in awhile to read news then go merrily on my way. Please feel free to post whatever on your mind, coz we're a very nice bunch of SYJ's fans. We won't bite your heads off :lol:.

Ok, I contacted the thread starter already. Obviously, SYJ fan last logged in was last year so I wouldn't expect much from her. Also, I did send a report to moderator. We now have to cross our fingers since I've known that from KS thread, thanhda didn't get any respond fr the mod.

So anything new about her movie w/ JDG? I hope it won't be canceled. I'm very anticipating for this collaboration...My other wish is SYJ + Wonbin in a melo-romantic, ah melting...

Guest SYJKSlover

jjyy738: it's me cris!..I can't log in to my original account..don't know why..So I'm gonna be using this for awhile..SYJ is in maldives now?! wow! I bet she is swimming again. :lol:

I hope to see pictures of her sooner..For sure they're gonna be gorgeous!

Maybe I am just really a big fan because no matter what she does wear or whatever,I still find it good...Or maybe I am just bias :phew:

Thank you for the bits and pieces!

Quidotta: thank you for posting!..agree, totally agree with your post!

that last part of WN movie even made me cry..really felt sad for the characters

it's just really sad their character..couldn't bare watching it again. :(

Ann: thank you also for doing that..I've been meaning to do it..but always forget heheh.

so thank you! Anyways, it's not like they are gonna do something about it anyway..but I am crossing my fingers!

Guest quidotta

So anything new about her movie w/ JDG? I hope it won't be canceled. I'm very anticipating for this collaboration...My other wish is SYJ + Wonbin in a melo-romantic, ah melting...

Hi, Ann & fellow SYJ fans! Nice to meet you! :lol: No news about the movie with Jang Dong Gun yet. Filming has been delayed till October.

http://www.mumuy.com...ng-till-october

Actually, I am looking forward to a pairing of Son Ye-jin and Kim Nam Gil after seeing their CF.

Guest marcopolo

Hi, Ann & fellow SYJ fans! Nice to meet you! :lol: No news about the movie with Jang Dong Gun yet. Filming has been delayed till October.

http://www.mumuy.com...ng-till-october

Actually, I am looking forward to a pairing of Son Ye-jin and Kim Nam Gil after seeing their CF.

Their CF was nice indeed. :) After seeing Kim Nam Gil's funny bts photos in the set of "Bad Guy" (posted in Dramabeans.com), I was kind of interested to see him do a comedic role. Hehe. But, you might have to wait for at least 2 years for their potential collaboration. According to reports, Kim Nam Gil is going to fulfill his military service after wrapping up his current drama, "Bad Guy".

Guest cris14

Ju hyun Jae would also be a nice pair..since he is finishing his military..so I hope they work together..

Wonbin is my first choice for her NEXT leading man!!! hhihih Up to now I still think that's not possible. I don't know why but I always have this feeling..

another project with KO SOO would be nice! something more intimate and romantic!! wah! I am gonna flip!

PICS:

pt6u.jpg

68421342.jpg

pt2y.jpg

pt3l.jpg

pt4z.jpg

pt5s.jpg

naver.shining yejin

Guest marcopolo

thanks again cris for the pics :) i just can't help but notice that her face looks different in summer scent. She seems to have a glowing and refreshing aura (even when she's crying) in that series, plus the fact that she was younger back then. From all the dramas and movies she made, i personally think that she was at her prettiest while playing that role. tho she's always pretty, nonetheless haha ^_^

Guest whatleftforme

Oh my, I think this web has a glitch. I've been trying to go to this thread all day, but whenever I clicked on SYJ official thread, it became Go Ara thread. I was so frustrated fury.gif. Now I have to search for SYJ & click on every thing that has her name to see if it go directly to this site. Anybody here got the same prob?

Yep, she looks very cute & angelic in SC. Cris, I love the sand castle gif. Thanks for all of your contribution. Have a nice weekend, and happy father's day!

mw_logo.gif's Annual Most Beautiful List (2010)

Full list:

Male

1. Taecyeon

2. Lee Byung-Hun

3. Won Bin

4. Jang Dong-Gun

5. Lee Jung-Jae

6. Jang Hyuk

7. Cha Seung-Won

8. Kang Dong-Won

9. Bi

10. Lee Min-Ho

Female

1. Jeon Do-Yeon

2. Kim Hye-Soo

3. Shin Min-Ah

4. Son Ye-Jin

5. Shin Se-Kyung

6. Gong Hyo-Jin

7. Ha Ji-Won

8. Song Hye-Kyo

9. Han Hyo-Joo

10. Uhm Jung-Hwa

credit: melusine@soompi

Guest cris14

kutu: Thanks for the movieweek news..NICE!! JDG and SYJ will be working sooner and both landed on the same spot!!!

Ann: Same here..I had to keep logging in..so frustrating!

Marco: Agree! she was at her prettiest in SC maybe because she was younger and the innocent aura added to that also..

still she is pretty up to now! now she is not pretty-innocent, she already pretty-gorgeous! heheheh

pdvd198f.png

pdvd141.png

pdvd142.png

pdvd166.png

pdvd197.png

Guest srkfan

I'm new here. Thanks for all pics of SYJ! She's simply beautiful! IMHO, she's the prettiest with light make-up. The aura of her beauty makes her face shine...that angelic beauty!

Guest jjyy738

http://uccfs.paran.com/PUD/su/901221/IMG/20100620/1277031937_201006202005571043245301_0.jpg1277031937_201006202005571043245301_0.jpg

Son Ye Jin sent a video happy birthday wish to LMH in his Fan/Birthday meeting today! She said that because of the photo shooting project abroad, she could only send the video greeting to Minho.

Wow. All the PTs fans must be very happy. I am very happy that Ye Jin has had a great time during the shooting of Personal Taste. She doesn't usually keep close contact with her fellow actors and actresses. But it seems like that she has good relationship with PT actors and actresses.

happy birthday to Lee Min ho!

Guest quidotta

I agree with all who said that Son Yejin had an innocent and radiant aura when she was younger. That was what captivated me to her in Summer Scent although the drama didn't make an impact on me. Now she is evolving into a more mature woman. That reminded me of an interview she gave on how as she grows older, her mindset changes and she doubts that she can ever return to those days of Summer Scent and Lovers' Concerto. I especially love her eyes and how they seem to twinkle when she smiles.

Thanks for uploading the pictures. I love them!

I thought Son Yejin carries off the attire better than the other actress. (See below) If anyone has posted these images, please inform me and I will take them down.

cfcec1d3b80f0d90a7c15bedeacc283b.jpg

201006031920261001_1.jpg

21_49767.jpg

mt_1274587982_603053249_0.jpg

12fa30d89bf5407c979931e9442ecba4_2010052032_11.jpg

Guest srkfan

quidotta, I love SYJ's smiling eyes. She looks so adorable when she smiles. Awww... :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ALpuZDNoeC4

Guest PInkYan

Hello everyone, me seems quite new here ;)

I just want to find a news channel on my favorite actress Hamil and it's finally pointed me here, and I have noticed myself registered long time ago :)) That's so much funny, but I have recently fell in love with Personal Taste and noticed that Yeh-Jin is one of the most talented Korean actress ever :x

Keep on fighting Yeh-Jin <3