[Movie 2011] You're My Pet

Guest miniejungle

Guest miniejungle

Jang Keun Suk, Kim Ha Neul, jdorama remake of Kimi wa Petto

Korean remake of the popular Jdodama "Kimi wa Petto" that starred Matsumoto Jun (Momo) and Koyuki (Sumire).

English title: Tramps Like Us (きみはペット, Kimi wa Petto, lit. "You're My Pet") is a josei manga series by Yayoi Ogawa which was serialized between 2000 and 2005. It is about Sumire, a young professional woman who takes in a younger man as a pet, and her attempts to keep her coworkers and conventionally-perfect boyfriend from finding out about her pet. It also deals with the romantic attraction between Sumire and her pet. It was adapted to a TV drama series that aired in Japan on TBS in 2003. The manga won the 2003 Kodansha Manga Award for shōjo.

Flower boy Jang Keun Suk has agreed to take on the role of Momo.

janggeunseok_80.jpg

Han Ye Seul offered the role of Sumire. No confirmation so far.

yeseul_68.jpg

Synopsis (credit: wikipedia) as of the Jdorama

201005041714172300_1.jpg

Smart, successful and good-looking Iwaya Sumire works for a big newspaper. However, her boss asks her to leave for being too "perfect" a woman. Feeling angry and dejected Iwaya returns home depressed, and most of all lonely. However, when she finds an unconscious young man lying in a box out the front of her home and takes him in. He looks like a dog she used to own called Momo. She dubs him Momo and decides to "keep him as a pet." It's the start of an unexpected life together as they overcome obstacles and become quite attached to one another. But can love like this exist?

News:

Kim Hyun Joong selected as Momo in You're my Pet: 9th Nov 2009.

Osen: http://osen.mt.co.kr/news/view.html?gid=G0911100065

http://www.dramabeans.com/2009/11/kim-hyun...-kimi-wa-petto/

Jang Keun Suk takes the lead in You're My Pet: 8th March 2010

Starnews: http://star.mt.co.kr/view/stview.php?no=20...1&outlink=1

http://www.dramabeans.com/2010/03/jang-geu...n-youre-my-pet/

Jang Keun Suk confirmed for You're my Pet 5th April 2010

http://osen.mt.co.kr/news/view.html?gid=G1004060039

http://www.dramabeans.com/2010/04/jang-geu...r-youre-my-pet/

Han Ye Seul offered You're My Pet 4th May 2010

Osen: http://osen.mt.co.kr/news/view.html?gid=G1005040187

http://www.dramabeans.com/2010/05/han-ye-s...d-youre-my-pet/

credit:dramabeans

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest daily_tofu

Yay.. a new thread for Kimi wa Petto. I can't wait for the movie to come out ^O^

But is Han Ye Seul confirmed as the lead actress?

Guest miniejungle

^^tofu, she's been offered and according to OSEN, she's been very interested. However so far there has been no confirmation.

We should be able to get the news soon. Filming starts next month.

Here is a message from Jang Keun Suk's fan club, cri J. In case you are interested to join: :)

-----

New post by Cri J staff

Hello? This is Cri J staff.

We are going to support JKS with shooting of his upcoming movie Youre my pet, as announced before. We are asking you to give us ideas with how to support him.

We have discussed many ways to support him on location, and came up with ideas of providing an one-day meal bus. The menus for the meal will be chosen from lunckbox, buffet, barbeque, snacks, and barbeque with snacks. We are leaning towards barbeque with snacks at the moment.

Also with the meal bus, we are thinking of providing fruit cups as dessert which will be prepared by us.

For snacks, we came up with rice cake with Youre my pet writing, and Ginseng snacks. We are asking your ideas for snacks.

Please leave comments about all this via email(crijevent@naver.com).

We are open to your comments till May 20th.

We will appreciate your comments and attention.

Thank you.

Guest Smelly Tofu

I've actually watched the jdrama version with matsumoto...all I can say is that its truly meant to be a drama as in series not a movie. It wouldn't have the same effect - Idea of a growing relationship -

nonetheless i would hope for its success, it has a fun storyline

Guest zahieyjunki

ouh yeseul as actress? i'm so behind. i thought the female lead until now is still unknown but yes han ye seul one my fav. glad she's the one play the role!

and actually she's not that old. like only 3 years with geun suk right?

hope the remake will be as good as the original one.

Guest miniejungle

^^zahieyjunki, HYS was born on 1982-Sept-18, and JKS was borned on August 4th, 1987. So they're 5 yrears apart. It's actually going well with the original manga - Sumire is older than Momo.

HYS has not confirmed taking the offer but I really hope she would. HYS is classy, elegant, speaks English fluently, tall... all the prerequisites of Sumire (Havard graduate) :) just that in the manga Sumire was taller than Momo.. but Sukkie is 182cm tall and HYS is 168cm... i don't think there is any Korean actress who is as tall as him.. :)

Guest fivemagic

Thanks for starting this thread! :D

I hope my princess Ye Seul accepts the offer and so we can see her on tv once again. Yep, I second your motion above with saying "HYS is classy, elegant, speaks English fluently, tall".

If she accepts the offer for the Sumire role/character, I am sure she will top the movie. She's great at portraying funny and hilarious characters. She was great in Miss Golddigger.

Guest nana544

I hope Ye Suel confirm and start in this movie with Jang Keun Suk because they both look compatible together. Well, it'll be nice to see them act together again since Nonstop 4(I think)...I'm looking forward to see this movie.

Guest kreAsian

Finally a movie to look forward too. Not a huge fan of movies cause they go to fast and some just plain suck lol

Can't wait to see more HYS's acting XD! i miss her~

• 2 weeks later...
Guest miniejungle

latest news from the street: (no actual confirmation seen but since the walls have ears... :P)

1. Han Ye Seul has confirmed taking up the offer.

2. Filming will start from June 10th. :D

Sukkie's fans have started a project of supporting him in this movie by doing a lunch bus. You can find details at keunsukholic.com, under You're my Pet Project. We're doing this side by side Korean eels. Sorry to say that it's closed by now, but the contributions from eels have been generous and response was fantastic! :)

I'm so looking forward to this movie :)

• 2 weeks later...
Guest miniejungle

updates on You're my Pet movie:

this is not official and we have yet heard any confirmation, but it looks like the movie has been pushed back to September (filming) and will release in December. As for the female lead, Han Ye Seul still hasn't given the nod so she might not be taking up this project afterall... :(

i'm not happy with this development. I thought I would be able to see Sukkie in action soon...

updates on You're my Pet movie:

this is not official and we have yet heard any confirmation, but it looks like the movie has been pushed back to September (filming) and will release in December. As for the female lead, Han Ye Seul still hasn't given the nod so she might not be taking up this project afterall... sad.gif

i'm not happy with this development. I thought I would be able to see Sukkie in action soon...

Postponed? I'm really looking forward to see sukkie soon but, release in December??? ..that's another 5++ mths!!! I guess I just have to repeat YAB again and again till December comes....

Guest xsilentangel

Oh my god! I loved Kimi Wa Petto.. It was short and cute. I think it can be a movie, without a doubt. Ahhhh I love Jang Geun Suk! Hope he is as cute as Matsumoto Jun in this (I'm sure he will be :))..

• 2 weeks later...
Guest miniejungle

Reposting from JKS's thread, credit: daily_tofu:

"I got some surprising news today from the Korean eels. Great news!!

One of the eels went to the Han river last night. A movie shooting was going on at that time and she asked someone which movie they are shooting.

Guess what~~ It's <You're My Pet> shooting!!!!!!!!

Unfortunately the eels couldn't see Keunsuk or the costar >.< Maybe they were just taking some stock shot. Hopefully Han Ye Seul is the co star. The more I think about it, the more I feel that she is the right person to be Sumire but that's just me of course.

I hope her info is true... gosh I really look forward to this movie!

You know I think this time it will be Han Ye Seul for sure.

During the KBS interview, the host asked about his ideal girl Soo-Ae, that Soo Ae likes Kim Tae Hwan better than him and how does Sukkie feel about this.

Sukkie answered,Soo Ae ssi has a very uniqute taste, but in fact he likes Han Ye Seul now. "

I really hope this news is true!!! looking forward to see you as Momo, my baby! :)

Archived