Make-up Q & A Thread

Guest Nightsky1

Guest YukiPuu

I was wondering what moisturizer do you guys recommend for REALLY dry skin?

Also what products can I use to make my skin have that glowing effect?

I have combination skin, and I use Olay Complete All Day Moisture Lotion with SPF 15. It doesn't make my oily zones greasy, but at the same time, moisturizes the dry parts. Don't forget to apply moisturizer while your face is still damp after washing. Your face absorbs moisturizer better that way.

• Replies 486
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest cutieheartzbadboy

Is it okay to use liquid foundation or a cream concealer over a powder?

of course not it will look caked on. lol. Its either you reapply with a non powdered face or you just retouch with powder/powdered products. :)

Is it okay to use liquid foundation or a cream concealer over a powder?

It actually depends how MUCH powder you apply, and how much of the product ur about to put afterwards too...

something like a translucent powder first, then cream concealer on acne, is totally fine. However, I find applying powder first, and then anything creamy or liquid will just cover the powder, making it useless, so it's not the best thing to apply powder first. Just keep in mind that anytime you're going to apply more products on top each other, it adds a layer, and CAN look cakey. HTH :)

Guest PeaceOfCake

Thanks for the answers guys. :D The powder I plan to use is more of a treatment and is really light with almost zero coverage, so I hope it's not a problem.

Guest <3 Kim

how do you all keep your eyelashes curled after curling it?

mine would just un-curl itself after about 1 hr..:(

is it my mascaras problem?

The shu uemura curler always keeps my lashes curled for ages. I find using a waterproof mascara helps hold the curl a lot better.

Guest linuhhparkk

what's a good, lightweight foundation for oily/combination skin?

i've been using maybelline's pure makeup foundation, but it's been discontinued. :(

Guest Aesthetic_Chinese

Hi soompiers~ I was wondering, can you tell if I wear make up or not?

I just wanted to know thanks.

24236_1374681920316_1029864331_1146668_4316383_n.jpg

&& the answer is. . .

I'm 18 && I haven't touched make up at all. =/ Should I start wearing it or do you guys think I look fine without out? if so what advice would you guys give to me on what to wear? my friends say eyeliner && mascara is enough but you do you soompiers think?

i've been told i have a baby face. that i don't look my age at all. thanks for reading guys!~

i've been using maybelline's pure makeup foundation, but it's been discontinued. :(

Maybellines instant age rewind liquid foundation is a great light foundation, but id say it adds a teensy bit more coverage than the pure makeup, if thats something u don't mind. Almay has light weight foundation as well :)

Guest cutieheartzbadboy

have you tried any of the covergirl's?

Guest AyuTrance90

I have a stupid question, but please bear with me ><

I recently bought Skinfood's Aloe Water Eye & Lip make up remover and I was wondering if I can use it on my whole face? Will it do any damage?

Guest cutieheartzbadboy

I have a stupid question, but please bear with me ><

I recently bought Skinfood's Aloe Water Eye & Lip make up remover and I was wondering if I can use it on my whole face? Will it do any damage?

yup u can. theres no problem with it. it just says it is for the eyes because your eyes are more sensitive than your other parts of face. :)

Guest the kite

Alrighty. When you use eyeshadow, do you have to use a different brush each time you use a different color ? Does using the same brush really "contaminate" the other colors ? And afterwards, do you clean them ? How ?

And I'm turning 20 next year. Embarrassing, huh ? :vicx:

Guest pure.sophiestication

Alrighty. When you use eyeshadow, do you have to use a different brush each time you use a different color ? Does using the same brush really "contaminate" the other colors ? And afterwards, do you clean them ? How ?

you don't have to use a different brush everytime. depends how many shades you're using and the look you're doing. if they're similar shades and you're doing a neutral look or one that has similar shades, i don't think it's a problem. i just use 1 brush most of the time. i sometimes use a crease brush or a blending brush. personal preference and needs i guess.

clean your brushes with a brush cleanser when you feel necessary. i do it once a week. but i clean my brushes every day with water by swirling the brush in my hand (that has water in it).

Guest tifachan

And I'm turning 20 next year. Embarrassing, huh ? :vicx:

You don't have to use a different brush every time you use a different color. You usually blend in all the colors with one brush anyway, right? It will "contaminate" the colors though if it's on the other end of the spectrum, like yellow and blue? So that's when I suggest using a different brush or your fingers.

To clean my brushes, I usually mix olive oil & dish detergent together. Then I swirl the brush in there, and rinse with warm water. It's actually on Michelle Phan's page.

You can find it here: http://www.youtube.com/user/MichellePhan?feature=chclk

Guest Aquaflower

This isn't a make-up question, but rather a skin question. How can I find out what type of skin I have? Like, normal, combination, sensitive... ><

Guest Beautiful*Nightmare

This isn't a make-up question, but rather a skin question. How can I find out what type of skin I have? Like, normal, combination, sensitive... ><

If your skin feel somewhat tight after you wash it, look dry or flaky, dehydrated, small pores, then you most likely have dry skin.

If your skin feel allright after you wash it, smooth even textures with small pores, and your cheeks are the driest area, but not too much, then you most likely have normal skin.

If your T-zone oily during the day, then you most likely have combination skin.

If your skin is shiny, large visible pores, easily to get breakouts, then you have oily skin.

If your skin easitly irritated by cosmetic/skin products, prone to redness, itchy and blotchy, then you most likely have sensitive skin.

Remember, you can have more than one type of skin. Also, makeup or skin care products can also influenced your skin type. For example, You can originally have normal skin, but if the products that you're using is too drying, then it might seem you have dry skin, so make sure you chose the right products for your skin.

Other than that, stress, environment, and health can also influenced your skin type.

Guest h0w_cute*

^ theres not really a "main brush"

here are some key ones everyone should have though:

blush brush: blush

kabuki: for mineral foundation, powder, or bronzer

large powder brush: for powder

flat foundation brush: foundation

eyeshadow brush: eyeshadow (all over color)

blending brush: to blend eyeshadows together

concealer brush: concealer

eyeliner brush: either pointed, slanted, or angled, for use with cream/gel liner

other important but not key ones:

angled/countour face brush: to contour with bronzer or for use with blush

crease brush: to apply eyeshadow into the crease of the eye

pencil brush: for defining the eyes or for shadow on lower lash line

flat top: for bronzer, powder, foundation

skunk/highlighting/duo fibre brush: for bronzer, powder, blush, foundation

there are so many other brushes, and all of the ones above come in many different shapes, sizes, textures, colors, and bristles. but i think these are the key ones most people have and use the most

Guest misscupcake

Can someone name me the main brushes there are and what they're used for? :ph34r:

My favorites:

Duo Fibre Brush (Stippling) - for foundation (MAC 187) or dupe:

http://www.coastalscents.com/cfwebstore/index.cfm/product/2163_37/destiny-duo-fiber-stippling-brush.cfm

Angled brush - I have two, one for eyebrows and the other for gel eyeliner.. each have a different density

Kabuki brush - for powder

http://www.coastalscents.com/cfwebstore/index.cfm/product/999_37/pink-kabuki-brush.cfm

Angled blush brush - for highlights (MAC 168)

2-3 different sized eyeshadow brushes like these:

http://www.coastalscents.com/cfwebstore/index.cfm/product/1583_37/black-deluxe-shadow.cfm

http://www.coastalscents.com/cfwebstore/index.cfm/product/859_37/chisel-fluff-large-shadow-brush.cfm

http://www.coastalscents.com/cfwebstore/index.cfm?fuseaction=category.display&category_ID=37

for some cheap, but sufficient quality brushes.

I loove collecting brushes:

http://daintiness.tumblr.com/post/889604425/ooooo-my-brushes

haha

Archived