[Drama 2010] My Country Calls / Call of the Country 국가가 부른&#45796

exupery

[KBS] Kim Sang-Kyung, Lee Soo-Kyung, Ryu Jin, Horan

KBS 2010 - My Country Calls/Call Of The Country

country5.jpg

Also Known As: Secret Agent Miss Oh (KBS World)

Date of airing : 10th May 2010 ~ TBA [Monday ~ Tuesday] ( 9:55p.m Korean time)

Broadcast Network: KBS 2

Replacing : Birth Of The Rich

Genre: Romantic Comedy

Episodes : 16

Official site :

http://www.kbs.co.kr/drama/nia/index.html

KBS World Official Site

Cast

* Kim Sang Kyung as Go Jin Hyuk

* Lee Soo Kyung as Oh Ha Na

* Ryu Jin as Han Do Hoon

* Horan as Choi Eun Seo

* Hyun Woo as Na Joon Min

* Park Hyo Joo as Park Se Mi

* Lee Jong Soo as Oh Ha Na's boyfriend

intro-ksk.jpg

intro-lsk.jpg

intro-rj.jpg

intro-hr.jpg

intro-ohn.jpg

Director: 김정규 / Kim Jung Gyu (Kim Jung Kyu)

(Previous work includes: The Man Who Can't Get Married (KBS2, 2009), I'm Sam (KBS2, 2007),

Sweet 18 (KBS2, 2004), The Immortal Lee Soon-Shin (KBS1, 2004), Pure Heart (KBS2, 2001)

Stock Flower (KBS2, 2001)

Screenwriter: 최이랑 /Choi Yi Rang (co-writer of MBC's Tamna The Island) , 이진매/Lee Jin Mae (KBS's I am Your Teacher)

Synopsis:

Oh Ha Na is a lowly policewoman who lacks a sense of duty and believes that it is worth bending the rules in order to achieve your aims. She meets and begins to investigate Go Jin Hyuk, an elite intelligence agent, and they clash instantly based on their different morals. Their initial dislike of each other masks their romantic attraction, but this development is hindered by the existence of Choi Eun Seo, Jin Hyuk's first love. -- Dramabeans

country7.jpg

Video Clips:

Poster Making Clip - Kim Sang Kyung Interview(Youtube)

Poster Making Clip - Lee Soo Kyung Interview (Youtube)

Poster Making Clip - Ryu Jin Interview (Youtube)

Preview Teaser (Youtube)

WATCH ONLINE

Live Streaming (use Internet Explorer only)

ViiKii

Download Links

Chinese subbed

• Replies 497
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Source : KBS Global Entertainment News

Lee Su-Kyung Set to Take On Challenge in New Drama

[2010-04-07]

Lee Su-Kyung, who is recognized for having performed a wide spectrum of characters from a child-like girl of a rich family to a mature woman with an unfortunate fate, is this time transforming herself into a trouble-making policewoman in a new KBS2 Monday-Tuesday drama.

She will play the lead role of Oh Ha-na in “Call of the Country,” which will succeed “Becoming a Billionaire.” Ha-na is a reckless, funny police officer who believes that she can do anything with her police officer badge and is unbelievably quick to respond to unexpected situations to her advantage.

449_1207_l.jpg

▲Lee Su-Kyung

Despite being a reckless troublemaker, the character has many charms that make her lovable.

Kim Sang-Kyung will play opposite her as Go Jin-hyeok, a serious yet somewhat detached intelligence agent. Ryu Jin will also appear as Han Do-hun, a son of a rich family who forms a love triangle with Jin-hyeok over Ha-na.

Ryu and Lee have recently performed together in the SBS weekend drama “Love You Ten Thousand Million Times,” where Lee played an unfortunate woman who gave birth to the son of Ryu as a surrogate mother and later married Ryu’s brother.

Lee said, “I want to take on new challenges to not remain stagnated. I chose to take this part because of the character's pleasantness and undaunted spirit, unlike my previous role. I will try my best not to disappoint you.”

A comic satire on a society obsessed with money and power, “Call of the Country” is directed by Kim Jung-Kyu, who directed “He Who Can’t Marry,” and co-written by Choi Yi-Rang, a co-writer of MBC’s “Tamna The Island,” and Lee Jin-Mae, a writer of KBS’s “I Am Your Teacher.” It is based on a story that won an award in the 2009 KBS script contest.

Writer: KBSi Jin Yeong-Ju

Source: YTree Media

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Source : KBS Global Entertainment News

'Call of the Country' Begins Filming

[2010-04-16]

The KBS Monday and Tuesday follow-up drama "Call of the Country" (written by Choi I Rang and Lee Jin Mae, directed by Kim Jung Kyu), which has cast Kim Sang Kyung, Lee Su Kyung, Ryu Jin, and Ho Ran as main cast members, began filming on April 12.

462_1238_l.jpg

▲ Lee Su Kyung and Kim Sang Kyung in "Call of the Country"

For the first filming on April 12 that took place in Incheon, a total of 250 staff members including the supporting cast participated and began filming with a “broad” scale. During the filming, the location was filled with tension and hustle-and-bustle. But, the atmosphere became cheerful due to main actor Kim Sang Kyung’s friendly personality. Many staff members were surprised by watching his leadership on the set.

The first scene was a second encounter between two main characters -- their first encounter had been filled with indignity and misunderstanding between ”principled person” Ko Jin Hyuk (Kim Sang Kyung) and “minor policewoman” Oh Ha Na (Lee Su Kyung). Their second encounter was even more serious than the first one and this time it was a “national encounter.”

462_1240_l.jpg

▲ The first grand scale filming of "Call of the Country" with more than 250 staff members

While the intelligence agency is investigating the drug trade, they receive information that a new type of drug has been sold to married women as diet pills in a cabaret. So, several intelligence agents including Ko Jin Hyuk go to the cabaret to investigate by stakeout. Oh Ha Na also goes to the same cabaret to look for her mother and she inadvertently interrupts the agents' investigation. The place descends into chaos thanks to her.

Actor Kim Sang Kyung gave his impressions about the first filming, saying, "I was excited by the dynamic atmosphere and

movement in perfect order. Maybe it was because we filmed the first scene filled with tension in the air. I feel very good as the set is very friendly and I enjoy working with many good staff members. Also, the harmony with other actors and actresses seems to be perfect. I am highly anticipating the next filming."

The romantic comedy drama "Call of the Country," which portrays a gloomy society that makes people depressed and discouraged due to lack of money, but in a pleasant and cheerful manner, will broadcast its first episode on May

Writer: KBSi Jin Young-Ju

thanks for the thread and information! our seo byeon is back! Kim Sang Kyung looked really good .and actually i really like the three cast~ .and written by Tamra island writer it should be really something to look forward to !

thanks so much tiki_sg for sharing the news. :)

thanks for the thread and information! our seo byeon is back! Kim Sang Kyung looked really good .and actually i really like the three cast~ .and written by Tamra island writer it should be really something to look forward to !

i know ... our seo byeon is back!!! looking more handsome than ever. :wub: i miss him since lawyers ... king sejong just doesn't do the trick for me. i'm happy he's doing a modern day series. i like the 3 main casts too. i'm not sure but i think this is horan's first drama? anyway, it sounds fun so i'm looking forward to this.

thanks so much tiki_sg for sharing the news. :)

i know ... our seo byeon is back!!! looking more handsome than ever. :wub: i miss him since lawyers ... king sejong just doesn't do the trick for me. i'm happy he's doing a modern day series. i like the 3 main casts too. i'm not sure but i think this is horan's first drama? anyway, it sounds fun so i'm looking forward to this.

king sejong wasnt too bad lol i did skipped the middle part but ..it was pretty great material towards the end.

though i think i was in awe of the king's father more than king sejong himself KSK did a decent job though i expect more .

lol i missed his voice .~!

horan ! yes her first drama attempt . i love her voice .maybe she wil sing for the OST!?

i think i like Lee Soo-Kyung in happy roles~~ ..she will be adorable against the two male leads~! ( oh both are so happily married ..)

ae_1271653442_-474903744_2.jpg

ae_1271653442_-474636538_3.jpg

ae_1271653442_-474455604_4.jpg

ae_1271653441_-475270104_0.jpg

ae_1271653441_-475080661_1.jpg

20100417141512138.jpg

20100417141512191.jpg

News article from My Daily:

http://www.mydaily.co.kr/news/read.html?ne...004241450231114

이종수·김나영 등, '국가가 부른다' 코믹감초로 출연

2010-04-24 15:08:35

mycountrycall-news.jpg

I think the news is basically about Lee Jong Soo, Kim Na Yeong, Shin Shin Ae, Choi Jae Hwan and Kim Sook joining the casts of My Country Calls. Lee Jong Soo will be playing Oh Hana (Lee Soo Kyung)'s boyfriend who betray her with Kim Na Yeong's character in the drama.

That's about all I can make out from the article. LOL

KBS World has titled this drama as Secret Agent Miss Oh on its site.

nia01.jpg

Official KBS website is out:

http://www.kbs.co.kr/drama/nia/index.html

Maybe it's me but the homepage background kind of reminds me of The Lawyers of Great Republic of Korea. Must be the spotlight and dark background. :D

==============================================================================

More news on the drama from KBS Global Entertainment News

* Troublemaking Policewoman Lee Su Kyung Unveils Still Shots[2010-04-30]

Guest ripgal

I love the cast-line up and the writer too.

I've only seen Kim Sang Kyung in Sejong and Memories of a a Murder, and I liked what I've seen. Definitely a HOT ahjusshi...<33

Can't wait!

Guest C51236

Posters for KBS’s upcoming My Country Calls

May 1st, 2010 // by javabeans

country25.jpg

My Country Calls will be airing once Birth of the Rich is over, and has released its official posters. The romantic-comedy series pairs a cute but accident-prone policewoman (Lee Soo-kyung) with a spy who’s a stickler for the rules (Kim Sang-kyung). Ryu Jin and Horan fill out the main cast; the former is both a slacker and ambitious — an interesting juxtaposition — and the latter is a spy who is called the “goddess” of the national intelligence agency.

To refresh your memory, the drama won an award in a 2009 KBS open scriptwriting competition, which is raising expectations for the writing in this series. It comes from director Kim Jung-kyu of The Man Who Can’t Get Married and writers Choi Yi-rang (Tamra the Island) and Lee Jin-mae (I Am Sam).

My Country Calls premieres on May 10.

country2.jpg

Via Osen

---------------------------------------

BTS pic of Horan & Kim Sang Kyung

horanksj.jpg

credits nate

---------------------------------------

Another official poster

countryoh3.jpg

Pasta guy also in this ? ke

<국가가 부른다> 현우 “김상경 선배님 배우, 인간으로서 배울 점 많아”

20100508_12732829692.jpg

[PREVIEW] "The Nation's Orders" (tentative)

2010.05.07 17:39최종수정2010.05.07 17:39 0 0

2010050710040197048_1.jpg

"The Nation's Orders (tentative title)" - KBS

Written by: Choi I-rang, Lee Jin-mae

Produced by: Kim Jung-kyu

Starring: Kim Sang-kyung (as Ko Jin-hyuk), Lee Soo-kyung (Oh Hana), Ryu Jin (Han Do-hoon), Horan (Choi Eun-suh) etc.

In one sentence: A romantic comedy involving troublemaker police officer Oh Hana and ultra rigid intelligence official Ko Jin-hyuk

Premiere date: May 10, 2010, 9:55 PM

"The Nation's Orders," a miniseries whose script won the second-highest honor in a competition hosted by major public network KBS in 2009, may sound like a serious and solemn drama at first glance. But to quote actor Kim Sang-kyung's words, it is a romantic comedy which is "so funny that it was necessary to act while putting pressure to my toes." Oh Hana (played by Lee Soo-kyung), a police officer who is always causing trouble, exhibits a sense of duty on the occasion of getting dumped by her boyfriend, arresting a shameless man who tries to install a hidden camera in a women's bathroom. But that man turns out to be intelligence official Ko Jin-hyuk (Kim Sang-kyung) who was executing a secret operation and Oh Hana becomes falsely charged with having interrupted the agency's investigation. Hence their first encounterance turns their relationship from coincidence to ill fate and when Ko Jin-hyuk's past lover Choi Eun-suh (Horan) and undeserving tycoon Han Do-hoon (Ryu Jin) also join in the picture, "The Nation's Orders" starts unraveling its unpredictable story.

"The Nation's Orders" is expected to take off to a smooth start being the only romantic comedy in its time slot amongst SBS TV series "Giant" which also premieres the same day and MBC's "Dong Yi - Jewel in the Crown" now into its fourteenth episode. The largest changes will be seen in Ryu Jin who said, "[Han Do-hoon] Is similar to my actual self so I'll be acting naturally, without having to prepare anything in particular," and Lee Soo-kyung who has changed 180 degrees from her character in SBS drama "I Love You Ten Million Times." But what will also be worth noting will be singer Horan who will be making her acting debut through "The Nation's Orders." And like Kim Sang-kyung said at the press conference on Monday -- "It is a show full of an array of talented supporting actors positioned at the right places at the right times" -- talents including Shin Shin-ae, Kang Shil-il and Yang Keum-suk will serve as a base providing solid support for the main cast. Hence the key will lie in how much of a not-so-obvious story is told. This is also the reason why "The Nation's Orders" being the only cheerful romantic comedy in the Monday and Tuesday primetime slot could be both an advantage and disadvantage for the show.

Reporter : Lee Ga-on

Editor : Jessica Kim jesskim@, Lee Ji-Hye seven@

<ⓒ10Asia All rights reserved>

Archived