[drama 2010] I Am Legend 나는 전설이다

Guest Q_Park

• Replies 765
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest miniejungle

Kyu, thank you for the summary. I finished ep 5 and will be on ep 6 tonight. Ratings are getting better by the day, yay! I am legend is going to dominate Mon-Tues slot in no time!

I don't know why Seol hee still went to Ji Wook to warn him. Goodness gracious!!! why do you do this to a man who treated you worse than dirt? :angry:

Guest mizweng

BACK~! ZOMG! I can't wait for tomorrow's episode!!!!! 

Short summary of episode 5

SPOILERS:

Seol-hee walks out of the court building, feeling exhausted. Hwa-ja and Su-in tell her that without a lawyer, she has no chance of winning against that vixen. She’s tired so she’s going to leave first. Ji-wook and Seung-hye watch her go away and say that she must have been quite surprised today. It’s only a matter of time before this whole thing is settled.

Su-in is practicing the drums when Tae-hyun pops in, surprising her. He advises her to not put so much strength in her wrists while she’s drumming. He came by because there was supposed to be practice today but it was canceled due to Seol-hee’s hearing. He asks how it went and Su-in tells him that Seol-hee was completely destroyed all because of that lying vixen, who he knows is his ex-wife. This surprises Tae-hyun. “It turns out that winning a trial is just to see who can lie better!” --Su-in

Seol-hee sits in darkness, listening to rock.The next day, still no lawyers want to help her because her chances of winning are very slim.

Ran-hee’s manager is trying to get her to apologize to Seol-hee. Why should she do that? Because, if Ran-hee gives up the vocal to her old high school friend to relive these beautiful memories, how touched would the audience be? (Blergh) Ran-hee agrees and the documentary is once again back on track. Su-in has to disagree though because Seol-hee’s not exactly in the mood to be singing and playing the guitar. Surprisingly, Seol-hee agrees to participate. Now the documentary is definitely back on track.

Seol-hee practices on the keyboard and Tae-hyu nwonders about her condition. Wasn’t she destroyed in court yesterday? Seol-hee insists that she’s fine. Fine, Tae-hyun has a lawyer he wants to show her.

MD walks into a spa only to hear other ladies gossiping about the divorce case. Why would a perfectly happy daughter-in-law all of a sudden want a divorce? It’s probabl ybecause on the outside, everyone, especially MD all adore her but when out of sight, MD must have brought on a lot of hardship for her. (Random ladies, you are so correct!)

MD visits her son and tells him to quite thecase; we can give Seol-hee everything she wants, just stop the case. It’s so embarrassing for MD that she can’t put up with it anymore. Ji-wook stays firm in saying that there is no stopping now.

Tae-hyun takes Seol-hee to Lawyer Go Jin-bae who at first seems like a greedy old grandpa lawyer. (I have a very good feeling about this man; he has to help Seol-hee now.) Asking Seol-hee how much she wants from the divorce, Seol-hee gets offended and leaves. But first she complains to Tae-hyun for showing her another greedy lawyer. Meanwhile, more lawyers refuse to see Seol-hee.

It’s the day before the live stage and Madonna Band is nervous. Seol-hee gives them a pep talk, just play like we’re practicing and everything will be okay.

Now it’s time for their debut stage and MB is psyched to see a poster of them and they take an celebratory picture.They hold one last impromptu practice session. (I love love love this scene; it’s soo…quirky/fun.) We also get another cute look at Ah-reum and Min-gyu. (lol, I love them.)

Ran-hee’s devil manager tells Ran-hee ye tanother plan to ruin Madonna Band and at first she’s hesitant but ultimately agrees. Tae-hyun gives them a pep talk, trying to get them to loosen up and it’s stage time. All smiles, Seol-hee gets ready to start but her guitar is not working. Throwing panicked looks at each other, Tae-hyun comes up and asks them what is wrong. Seol-hee’s and Ah-reum’s guitars are both not working. Ran-hee ends up taking the stage due to the audience now chanting her name.

Tae-hyun is angry at Seol-hee (and the rest of the band) for giving up so quickly and leaves. MB is furious and Seol-hee tells them to leave it; there will be another chance. Ran-hee wraps Tae-hyun in and invites him to have a drink with the rest of them. In the car, Ran-hee goes on about how unprofessional Madonna Band was and her manager adds in, “You’re right, who would have known that there would be a problem with the guitar pick up?” Tae-hyun throws a sharp look at Ran-hee’s manager. How did he know that there was something wrong with the guitar pick up?

Furious, Tae-hyun gets out of the car and Ran-hee’s manager asks him why he’s getting so mad at a little thing like that. Tae-hyun warns him that something like this better not happen again or else the whole contract is over. Seol-hee gets a text message from Tae-hyun reading, “I’m sorry for saying something so harsh. You know how bad my temper is. Oh yeah, leavey our guitar in the practice room.”  A mysterious capped stranger walks up to her and is about to tell her something when he walks away due to Su-in and Ah-reum walking up. 

Wearing a sassy pink dress, Seol-hee does her best to seduce the police man in the security room, hoping to look at the security tapes. Of course, being the guy that he is, agrees to let her look at them while fawning over her. (Wut?) Tae-hyun goes to pick upher guitar when he notices Go Jin-bae sitting there, looking at guitars. (Whoa, is the lawyer a musician too?)  That doesn’t look like one of Tae-hyun’s guitars and indeed it isn’t. Tae-hyun calls Seol-hee out saying that he only needs to see her for about 5 minutes.

Seol-hee waits in the parking lot. A black carpulls up but it’s Ji-wook stepping out of it. He notes her pink dress (Remember the short shorts scene in episode 2? lol) and also notices printouts of security cam footage. Now she’s even investigating from behind his back. Tae-hyun, who is driving up, sees a mysterious capped stranger looking at Seol-hee and some man. He goes up to them.

TH: Do you know him?

SH: Nope.

TH: This ajummah is not an agashi (young lady). How can someone who looks so normal not have any eyes?

SH: Let’s go now.

TH: And what the hell are you wearing? I can’t tell if you have clothes on or not. This is why random men are hitting on you! (LOLOL, come on, it’s not THAT revealing.)

SH: I said let’s go.     

TH: (to JW) You better watch it. 

Uh oh. Tae-hyun you’ve been marked by the devil.

Tae-hyun is appalled when he finds out that that man was Seol-hee’s husband. She should have told hersomething! It’s been a long time since he’s felt like Seol-hee’s husband. She gets a call from Ah-reum. Apparently the landlady of the practice room is kicking them out because they owe money. Seol-hee butts in saying that she can’t just kick tenants out without giving them prior notice; Seol-hee has had a lot of experience in law so either the landlady gives them notice or they go to the court right now. The landlady shrinks back and tells them to get out ASAP.

Ji-wook stomps into Seung-hye’s office, asking her what the relationship between Jang Tae-hyun and JeonSeol-hee is. Relationship? Flustered, Seung-hye offers to look into it. Seung-hye meets with Tae-hyun and reminds him that she told him to stay away from Seol-hee. Tae-hyun replies that it’s not up to her to decide who he meets.

TH: If I say that I can’t, what are you going to do?

SHye: Then it’s going to be a war with you too.

Seol-hee is walking to her house when she feels that someone is following her from behind. Alarmed, she stops walking only to have him pass by. She breathes a sigh of relief. As she walksup the stairs, she hears her name being called. It’s the mysterious capped guy.

SH: Who are you and why do you keep on following me?

MCG: You’re in the middle of a divorce case, right? I have evidence that guarantees your win against Cha Ji-wook.

WE WILL COME BACK. (end episode)

PREVIEW FOR EPISODE 6

TH: I have a proposition for you. Please give that band, who wasn’t able to perform, another chance.

Guy: Are you sure you don’t have someone from that band who you like?

TH: Get in.

SH: Why?

TH: If a star is offering his fan a drive, she should be honored. What are you hesitating about?

JB: Now that we have definite evidence (can’t hear the rest)

MCG: Are you being suspicious of me right now? Whether you receive my help or not, I will definitely bring Cha Ji-wook down.

SHye: What is this?

JW: Somebody sent this.

Shye: WHO?! If this gets out, it means the end to both of us. (YES! YES! YES!)

- Kyu

thank you thank you thank you for the summary and spoiler.... i just finished ep 5 and patiently awaiting the ep 6 subbed videos from viikii... i love this story...i simply love everything about it... and gosh KJE is beautiful here...i love her outfits...am so happy ang excited again every week...:w00t::w00t:

Guest nitrogen123

Just my two cents worth:

1) Why would SH go to her husband and warn him?...I think she may hate him "in the moment" , But she really doesn't want to "destroy" him or see him being attacked by others. She just wants to be free of him.

2) Why would the husband invite SH into the room where there's compromising evidence of what's going on between him & the "other" woman?.....It might be his jealousy showing. We just saw a scene where SH is with a "new man" (aka TH)..that is ...seen through the husband's eyes. So, maybe he's just trying to show off and prove that he's moved on too.

Guest mapikan

Kyu, thanks a million for the summary. It really is terrific to see people spend time to help the rest of us with our Korean drama addictions. LOL!

I am pleased with the writer's in this drama revealing the treachery that has gone on with Episode 6. Either they make the parties seemed totally clueless, blind or plain dumb, that it takes forever for them to figure out the spouse/boyfriend/girlfriend etc are cheating on them.

They've been exposed!! I just love it.

I think SH still remembers the time she and her hubby were in love, since it was probably the only good memories she has had with him to justify staying with him all this time. Hearing someone wanting to bring him harm, she immediately thinks to protect him as a typical wife and not really thinking of herself as the ex just yet.

Fantasy like feelings that they can part ways and still be friends. Or just the good person she is inside not wishing harm to someone she had cared about and lived with. She's been his wife for some time and took her role seriously even if she was the only one that did.

Really enjoying this drama and hope the rates keep going up and up.

Thanks everyone :)

Guest ponkie

So frustrating! *pulls out hair* I thought episode 6 would be the end of this divorce arc, but no, they have to drag it out even more. Please hurry up with this, or else I won't have any hair left. :(

Heroine that is always so nice is frustrating at times. Be ruthless for once! End it all. lol

Guest ceceetran

for a strong character she is really weak. I wish she would stand up for herself and speak her mind. The hubby and the mistress lawyer needs some payback but I guess that would be too early for that.

Guest cimechang

I love Seol Hee, so strong yet vulnerable. I don't think that it was weak of her to warn her husband about that creepy guy with the evidence. I think she wants to fight cleanly even if the other side doesn't. It was kind of stupid for the lawyer mistress to say that the marriage was a scam marriage based on money. Seol Hee didn't want any money to begin with, she just wanted a divorce but her husband refused to do that so it had to go to court. I really do hope the both of them go down. I still don't think Ji Wook knows that his lawyer mistress is a divorcee with a kid because he didn't even recognize Tae Hyun. Anyways, this drama definitely has me hooked.

AJAJA FIGHTING! Seol Hee FIGHTING! ;)

Guest Q_Park

Lots of you're welcomes to everyone! Please, feel free to call me Kyu. 

Kim Jung Eun - Reminisce 

길을 걸었지

누군가 옆에 있다고

느꼈을 때

나는 알아버렸네

이미 그대떠난 후라는걸

나는 혼자 걷고 있던거지

갑자기 바람이 차가워지네

I walked down the path 

When I felt 

Someone next to me 

I figured it out 

You had already left me 

I was walking by myself 

Suddenly the wind feels cold

마음은 얼고

나는 그곳에 서서

조금도 움직일 수 없었지

마치 얼어버린 사람처럼

나는 놀라 서 있던거지

달빛이 숨어 흐느끼고 있네 

My heart froze 

I stood there 

And I couldn't move at all 

Like a frozen person 

I stood there surprised

The moon is secretly crying.

우~ 떠나버린 그 사람

우~ 생각나네

우~ 돌아선 그 사람

우~ 생각나네 

Woo~ That person who left 

Woo~ I remember now 

Woo~ That person with his back to me 

Woo~ I remember now 

묻지 않았지

왜 나를 떠나느냐고

하지만 마음 너무 아팠네

이미 그대 돌아서 있는 걸

혼자 어쩔 수 없었지

미운건 오히려 나였어

I didn't ask 

Why he left me 

But my heart hurt so much 

He's already turned around 

I couldn't do anything 

The one I hated the most was me

- Kyu

Guest nitrogen123

Lots of you're welcomes to everyone! Please, feel free to call me Kyu. 

Kim Jung Eun - Reminisce 

길을 걸었지

누군가 옆에 있다고

느꼈을 때

나는 알아버렸네

이미 그대떠난 후라는걸

나는 혼자 걷고 있던거지

갑자기 바람이 차가워지네

I walked down the path 

When I felt 

Someone next to me 

I figured it out 

You had already left me 

I was walking by myself 

Suddenly the wind feels cold

마음은 얼고

나는 그곳에 서서

조금도 움직일 수 없었지

마치 얼어버린 사람처럼

나는 놀라 서 있던거지

달빛이 숨어 흐느끼고 있네 

My heart froze 

I stood there 

And I couldn't move at all 

Like a frozen person 

I stood there surprised

The moon is secretly crying.

우~ 떠나버린 그 사람

우~ 생각나네

우~ 돌아선 그 사람

우~ 생각나네 

Woo~ That person who left 

Woo~ I remember now 

Woo~ That person with his back to me 

Woo~ I remember now 

묻지 않았지

왜 나를 떠나느냐고

하지만 마음 너무 아팠네

이미 그대 돌아서 있는 걸

혼자 어쩔 수 없었지

미운건 오히려 나였어

I didn't ask 

Why he left me 

But my heart hurt so much 

He's already turned around 

I couldn't do anything 

The one I hated the most was me

- Kyu

Sorry to sound really out of it....but where is that song in the episode?

Guest lukelai4ever

hahaha i was noticing that kje uses 2 different guitars, an all white one (in the opening practice scene, during practices with ran hee and the first failed performance at live cafe) and one that is white and black (in front of the old people, in the new practice room, and after the white one is broken). the one that was "broken" was the all white one, but she uses a black and white one after that

Guest Q_Park

Sorry to sound really out of it....but where is that song in the episode?

No problem. :) Actually, I don't think this song was played in this week's episodes but it did first come out in the first episode right before she announced that she was going to get a divorce. I just thought I'd translate the lyrics because the song sounds so nice. 

- Kyu

Guest Kamakshi

For some weird reason I feel there is chemistry between Tae-Hyun (mustache guy) and the girl who plays the drums (the one who was training the boys before they ran away, I still can't remember her name x_x ). I know they will be in the future just friends and nothing more but I like them together xD

Yep. Yep. I actually caught that vibe in ep 5 b/c they seem pretty good together. I always like it when a relationship starts off w/angst and tension brewing, so perhaps that formula matches well with Tae-hyun & Kang. It's too bad they won't work out. If only Tae-hyun had a twin brother...errr...triplets (one for me too :w00t: )

I don't feel any chemistry between Tae Hyun and Seol Hee at all and that's too bad. Sure enough, the actor do their best, pretending to get interested in her for the former and go on a fangirling mode every once in a while for the latter. Yet how can the writer have me seriously believe that KJE fell for an older rock star, while he looks and behaves so much younger than her? I get the noona-dongsaeng vibe everytime I see them. -_- I really wish the writer and PD to prove me wrong as the story goes because ever since the City Hall, I haven't felt that and it's already been a year now. Guess nothing compares to the GuMi couple. :wub:

You know, I kind of agree w/you on this one. Individually, I like Tae-hyun & Seol-hee. Yet, when they're together, there's something a bit off w/their interaction. I think it would have helped if the scriptwriter made Tae-hyun a younger rock star, so then I can really immerse myself into their romantic development. Though I still feel that they are in an awkward stage, I hope their chemistry grows stronger w/depth & substance. As for the GuMi couple, I 200% agree with you. They were just perfect for each other! I think I've rewatched GuMi's scenes together about 4 times by now.

I have a bad feeling that the mystery guy offering to help Seol Hee might be a set-up by that lousy husband.:huh:

When his mother told him to give Seol Hee whatever she wanted, in order to quickly settle his divorce, he told her that he'll take care of everything.  And, in the end, the world will pity and look kindly on him, while pointing fingers at Seol Hee.  And, how dare Seol Hee go against him and that she'll regret it.:crazy:

His attitude towards Seol Hee is that she's an ant that he'll crush.  :crazy:

So, the husband will prove, in court, that all the evidence was fake.:huh:

Same here. It just seems too good to be true to have the so-called evidence that may give Seol-hee the upper hand. I'm wary of this mystery, cap wearing dude. He looks sketchy!

Tae Hyun or Lee Jun Hyuk was awesome in the car park scene! B)

So true. The confrontation in the parking garage scene was NICE! Loved it! Can't wait for more mean/jealous glares from both guys. Tae-hyun to the rescue!

@Kyu: I tried to resist from reading your recaps of ep 6, but I couldn't help laughing at your interpretation of the characters' facial expressions at the end of the eps. Ooooh, this makes me more eager to watch ep 6! Ratings look good so far, so keep it up "I Am Legend"!!

Guest toGETherONE

The song I really, really like is Million Roses acoustic version however the band version is cool too on IAL, as popular as the same title translation in Vietnamese Triệu Đóa Hoa Hồng and the Russian classic Alla Pugacheva's Million Alyh Roz/Million Scarlet Roses.

I am antsy for this song to release on IAL OST.

Guest lukelai4ever

i agree about the no chemistry between seol hee and tae hyun, BUT i really like it when he watches her perform... hehe :) she's just that mesmerizing!

Guest Q_Park

Random thought but did anyone else think, for a split second, that Seung-hye saw Tae-hyun and Seol-hee staking it out in the car at the end of episode 6? lol The way the scene was shot made me think for a second that she had saw them. She didn't though because she later looks in another direction. 

I really like the song Million Roses too. I've heard the Korean version with Shim Su-bong but I'm liking the IAL version better. 

Question: What has been your favorite scene of the drama so far? 

- Kyu 

Random thought but did anyone else think, for a split second, that Seung-hye saw Tae-hyun and Seol-hee staking it out in the car at the end of episode 6? lol The way the scene was shot made me think for a second that she had saw them. She didn't though because she later looks in another direction. 

I really like the song Million Roses too. I've heard the Korean version with Shim Su-bong but I'm liking the IAL version better. 

Question: What has been your favorite scene of the drama so far? 

- Kyu 

I thought she saw him, too.  But, then, she turned away.  Perhaps, because she's so pre-occupied about the CD.:huh:

My favorite scene was the song dedication scene in ep. 6.   That dedication must be like a knife in Seol Hee because the lyrics of the song and the dedication is so similar to what her life is about.:tears:

As for Seung Hyun, she's in for a rude awakening, if she thinks she's going to be Ji Wook's next wife.  She is the material befitting the First Lady of the country.  And, he already thinks so because he evaded the subject by kissing her, when she said she doesn't want to maintain the same distant relationship when the position beside him is soon emptied.tongue2.gif 

And, if she thinks his mother has accepted her, she's really delusional.  His mother said that Ji Wook should have met 'someone' like her.  Mommie Dearest didn't say Seung Hyun was acceptable.   I'll bet that as soon the divorce is over, Mommie Dearest will have a rich, beautiful and politically well-connected girl lined up to be Ji Wook's next wife.w00t.giftongue2.gif

I hope they give more back story to the other three Madonna's.  Otherwise, it'll be a waste because they are very good actresses, but the roles haven't given them much opportunity to act, so far.

@Kyu:  Thank you so much for the summaries.  You are a 'Madonna' to all of us, non-Korean-speaking, fans.

Archived