[drama 2010] I Am Legend 나는 전설이다

Guest Q_Park

Just like kaedejun stated so on dramabeans, episode 8 has won me back.

I've kept telling myself today that it would be better to wait until Wednesday evening for both episodes to be subbed and avoid spoilers. Alas, I couldn't resist the temptation and from your comments above, I'm like "omona"!!!!!!!!! The wait's gonna be long.

• Replies 765
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Q_Park

I will be back with a short recap in a couple of hours but I do have to say that today's episode was absolutely delightful. Very charming. haha Now that we're past the big hurdle of the divorce, we can enjoy Tae-hyun and other things. haha

설희가 응급실에 누워있는 사이 지욱은 그런 그녀를 바라보다가 링거가 역류되고 있자 바로 잡아준다.이때 태현이 들어와서는 어쩐 일이냐며 날카롭게 쏘아붙이고, 이에 지욱은 그런 그에게 승혜와 자신의 관계 때문에 설희주위를 맴도는게 아니냐며 지지않게 대답한다. 이후 눈을 뜬 설희는 지욱이 다녀갔다는 사실에 마음이 착잡해진다. 한편, 수인은 방송국에 들렀다가 PD로부터 동영상 반응이 좋다며 프로그램에 출연해달라는 요구에 깜짝 놀라다가 이를 밴드팀에 알린다. 그러자 설희는 우리도 곡하나 정도는 있어야 되지 않겠느냐고 말을 던지고, 이에 수인은 태현을 찾아가는데, 태현은 그녀를 향해…

EPISODE 10 TEXT PREVIEW:

As Seol-hee is lying down in the emergency room, Ji-wook stares at her for a while before grabbing her. At this moment, Tae-hyun walks in, hostilely asking Ji-wook what brings him here. Avoiding the question, Ji-wook asks Tae-hyun if he should really be hear, making a burden to Seol-hee. Opening her eyes, Seol-hee realizes that Ji-wook has visited her and her heart feels heavy. Meanwhile, Su-in pays a visit to the broadcasting company where the PD tells her that since their online video has had such a good response, the band should participate in one of their music programs. Slightly taken off guard, Su-in rushes to tell the band. With this, Seol-hee throws out there that they should have a new song to celebrate. Su-in goes looking for Tae-hyun but Tae-hyun for that woman...

Woah, are the writers really going for that Seol-hee/Tae-hyun/Su-in thing? lol

- Kyu

Guest ceceetran

No fighting among friends for BOYS. They better not go that route. Since they have already planted the SI/TH seed, they should end it amicably. I am a SH/TH shipper. JW needs to beg and grovel for forgiveness and I want SH to reject him each and every time. I do wonder what made him change into this cold being. He USED to be loving so I wonder what made him be so mean to SH. Is it bc he blamed her for the miscarriage? I hope they explore that more.

Thanks Kyu for the preview summaries. And also to everyone else with spoilers and pictures.

Guest rasany

Today's episode was awesome, eventhough I did not know what they were saying. It seems TH is starting to have a romantic attraction to SH. I can't wait to see how this goes. I think the writers will have SH/TH/SI triangle. That has to be one of the plots besides JW coming back into the picture with TH's ex to create the quadrangle. It's going to be a lot of drama, crying, misunderstanding, anguish, heart break, etc. Excited!

Guest miniejungle

Kyu, sorry for the request for recap. I read it, and thought it was for ep7... *so blurr* :) anyway i watched both episodes on viikii and was glad SH got through the divorce without using the trump card (I think it would be saved for a later use, to bring down Seong Hye).

and also congrats for taking over the thread!!!

i hope I Am Legend wont be affected by the strike...

Broadcast stations prepare for strike possibility by javabeans | August 30, 2010 | 46 Comments

A potential strike is on the horizon, which may halt immediate episodes for some drama productions, including Kim Suro, Baker King Kim Tak-gu, Gloria (the three pictured above), Giant, and I Am Legend, among eight others. There are a total of 13 shows that are affected, all from outside production companies.

The union for broadcasting professionals (repping actors, staff, and performers) held a meeting on August 27 to discuss the problem of outstanding salary payments, and came to the decision that they will refuse participation in those productions until the issue is settled. The strike would begin September 1, which means that those shows will have to stop filming until the matter is resolved.

The amount in unpaid wages comes to 4.368 billion won ($3.67 million), as of July 31. As a result, the three broadcasters are scrambling to find solutions if a strike becomes reality.

The broadcasting company whose shows have the most payments in default is MBC. Their drama department has called meetings on the 30th, just two days before the proposed strike, to try to find solutions. One representative said that they are trying to find the “most rational” compromise.

The drama department director from KBS said that the outside production company for Baker King has requested a cash advance, in order to pay their outstanding wages and thereby continue shooting. No doubt that the top-rated drama of the year wants to keep up its momentum toward the big finale, rather than interrupt it because of a strike.

SBS has been spending all week in negotiations, but has yet to come upon an internal consensus.

legend_50a.jpglegend_50a.jpg

SBS’s Giant, I Am Legend

The articles point to an abuse of the outside production system; I think there’s fault on all sides. I see a couple of issues at play here. In the past, dramas were largely developed in-house within the three broadcasting stations. (Think The World They Live In.) Writers and directors were employed by the broadcasters, and the funding would therefore come from within as well. However, in recent years there have been more and more productions being “outsourced,” for lack of a better term, to standalone production houses, like Chorokbaem, Group 8, Taewon, Yigim, and so on. Those companies develop projects and sell them to broadcasters, who pay for the rights to air them. That’s how you have dramas that can be developed and shot but find themselves unable to get a concrete timeslot with a broadcast company for months on end (The Musical, Birdie Buddy).

I’m not 100% clear on the payment process, but the impression I get is that this system is financially beneficial to the broadcasters, because they reap the benefits of ad revenues but don’t bear as much risk for failed productions, since they just pay for what they buy. (If my understanding is off, please correct me.) Whereas, if a production company finances a drama project that tanks midway through, it bears the financial burden. This is doubly hard on them because they are smaller to begin with, and many of these companies are just one bad drama away from bankruptcy.

Imagine if, for example, IRIS never made it to the air — the company would have to foot the bill for all those location shoots, A-list actor salaries, crew wages, and so forth, but without a buyer, they have little way to recoup their costs. (This is also why there is a drastic increase of product placement in recent years, because that’s one way for the production teams to earn back some of their expenses.) Daemul is an example of a high-budget project that hit the skids; I feel like they can’t afford not to produce their show, at this point.

Via Star News, TV Report

Guest Q_Park

Summary of Episode 9

SPOILERS

Go Jin-bae goes ahead and asks her to work here but the thing is that it won’t be an official official job. Just come in once or twice a week and help out with what you can here and there. The pay is also very minimum. Hwa-ja hears this and offers to introduce Seol-hee to a man who was actually a salesman but changed his job to a lawyer. Over dinner, the man offers Seol-hee a job and whatever cases she wants as long as she had dinner with him once or twice a week, you know, went out for a drink with him. Seol-hee, disgusted over this, decides to take Go Jin-bae’s offer.

Seol-hee gets her first half reprimand from Na Geum-ja(?), the assistant who has been working with Lawyer Go for about twenty years. She doesn’t look too pleased to have Seol-hee working here and even mentions that her outfit is not appropriate for the job. (OMG, Prosecutor Princess flashback.)

Meanwhile, Min-gyu calls Ah-reum down in panic and Su-in sees them. The video of the band dancing to SNSD’s Genie is spreading all over the Internet with many netizens hating on these ajummahs. “They should be athome doing chores, what the hell are they doing here?” “I feel bad for their husbands if they are even married.” Comments like these arise on discussion boardsand Madonna Band feels pretty humiliated. They all look at Seol-hee and wonder if they can sue. Tae-hyun also sees this video and he gets a kick out of it.

Hwa-ja comes home to an embarrassed husband and an even more embarrassed son. All the boys at school are making fun of him because of his mom. Her husband tells her to quit the band.

Seol-hee wanders around the police station to see if anyone needs a lawyer. She sees two men arguing and goes over there. Ji-wook, walking out of the police station sees her and stops to watch what she’s doing. She explains to them that if they need a lawyer, they can call her at this number and gives them a business card. She stops when she sees Ji-wook’s face.To me, he looks absolutely amused.

JW: So now you’re even wandering around police stations to catch a case. I’m the top lawyer at the firm, if people find out that you’redoing this, they’ll—

SH: My business shouldn’t concern you anymore.

JW: If it’s tough, tell me right now. Don’t be living like this.

SH: Where do you get all that unwavering confidence from? Are you worried because it looks like I don’t have enough money? Sorry to say this but lately I’ve been feeling totally great! My body’s so light, I could fly!

Seung-hye receives a call from Nu-ri reminding her tocome to his birthday party but she tells him that since she’s so busy, she probably won’t. MD comes to visit Ji-wook at the firm and tells him that he can’t possibly ever think about getting married to Seung-hye. She’s nice BUT that doesn’t change the fact that she’s also a divorcee with a kid. Seung-hye hears this from behind the door. (HAH!)

A fight breaks out between Ah-reum and Hwa-ja because of the video posted online and both stomp out. Seol-hee tells Su-in just to leave them alone for a few days. Seol-hee calls out Tae-hyun to first tell him all the problems between the band members and then to ask him if he could perhaps, jazz up a song to fit their tastes. He agrees to do and he’ll take his pay when they become all famous. They’re interrupted by a phone call from Nu-ri who is crying his guts out because his mother didn’t show up to his birthday party when all the other kids’ mothers did.

Tae-hyun and Seol-hee arrive right when the party ends because Seol-hee decided to stop by to buy a birthday present. At first Nu-ri doesn’t want to accept it because it’s from a “stranger” and his mother told him never to talk to strangers. Then he doesn’t want to accept it again because his mother hates it whenever Tae-hyun plays the guitar so he’s not going to play it either. (Wow, awkward~) Tae-hyun chides him and tells Nu-ri to watch his manners. Seol-hee in an effort to restore the mood, decides to play Nu-ri a birthday song. Seung-hye arrives to see the two of them happily listening to Seol-hee’s singing. Nu-ri decides that he wants to keep the guitar.

Seol-hee sits at home pondering the previous event. Seung-hye came to find her to confront her about the matter of Nu-ri’sbirthday. She tells Seol-hee that she has nothing to do with Nu-ri, plus since she’s going to get married to Ji-wook soon, she doesn’t want Seol-hee complicating the situation. (Wut?) Tae-hyun calls to thank her for today and she tells him that she couldn’t have let Nu-ri down. Truthfully, since her parents passed away at a young age, there were countless times were she celebrated her birthday by herself.

Ah-reum and Hwa-ja rush to Seol-hee and Su-in after getting a message that Madonna Band was going to disband. Seol-hee tells theboth of them that they were going to disband unless the two of them made up. Of course they do, tearfully, and Seol-hee cheerfully presents them with a new song. It’s a rock version of SNSD’s Genie. Tae-hyun switched it up so that it’s more rock than pop and it sounds great. In response to their humiliating video, they film a music video with Kwang-yul behind the camera and Min-gyu blowing air and bubbles to Seol-hee. (I love the way their response is witty and good-natured.You know, they’re poking fun at themselves.) Tae-hyun is watching from behind (like he always does) and gets another kick out of it. He’s getting a lot of those these days.

They upload the video to a video sharing website and tons of good comments come rushing in, supporting them. Seol-hee gets a noise bleed and the band worries but she just shakes it off. Kwang-yul rushes into tell them that they’ve just been invited to perform on the Hong Dae Music Festival. Ah-reum excitedly mentions that it’s not easy getting into this. Seol-hee calls Tae-hyun to brag about her good news. After the phone call, she faints on the street. Seung-hye visits Tae-hyun to drop off her late birthday present for Nu-ri and in the middle of it, Tae-hyun gets a phone call from the emergency room saying that a Jeon Seol-hee was here. He rushes out leaving Seung-hye, once again, annoyed.

Tae-hyun gets after Seol-hee, overreacting. Seol-hee’s health hasn’t been good and her vitals are low. It’s the doctor’s turn to reprimand Tae-hyun for not taking good care of her. Tae-hyun tells her that she’s not moving a step out of this room until she’s better. Ji-wook, for some unknown reason, calls Seol-hee but a nurse picks up. Tae-hyun sits there watching Seol-hee sleep for a while and then walks out. At the same time, Ji-wook drives up and enters the emergency room. Ji-wook watches over her with a concerned expression and lays his hand on top of hers. He seems to catch himself and lets go. He turns around and there’s Tae-hyun.

TH: What brings you here?

(WE WILL COME BACK!)

EPISODE  10 PREVIEW:

Lady: We need a new guitarist for the band and we happened to come by your video. How about it? Working with us?

SI: (to TH) How about a new song for Comeback Madonna?

TH: (to SH) I was already preparing a new song.

TH: I’m just here because I cherish Jeon Seol-hee.

JW: What do you mean by cherish? That you have her inyour heart?

SHye: Dear, you look very distracted lately. Is it because of Jeon Seol-hee?

(I have no idea what the last part is about.) 

- Kyu

Guest littlepig310

really like the uploading to internet part! Witty writing! what's up with the ex-husband, goes back to the ex-wife right after divorce?! kind of odd writing! b-day part is good too, heartfelt warm!

Guest ariendoll

Kyu -- thank you for the quick recaps!

Now I can patiently wait for the subs and start the next day with a quick peek at ep 10 before work.

Thanks kyu for the summary.

I envy you so much , learning Korean language is so difficult and having people like you to translate and make it easy for us, wow! Thank you ! Thank you so much !

Guest kara_elayne

Here's the cover of Comeback Madonna Band of SNSD's Genie. I say, I like this version much better! :D

http://fliiby.com/file/913376/j09wr2xv1w.html

Guest nysophia_x_ii

today's episode was great <3 kim jung eun's acting makes me fall in love with the character so much :) she's so good...and i LOVED their cover of Tell me your wish. It was so awesome to listen to...KJE's voice is so great, considering she's not a singer...and i love CJW too...as much as he's been an richard simmons throughout the drama...he does have a heart...and sometimes i feel bad that he's locked down by such a wealthy family with a reputation to worry about. he clearly still cares for SH.

Archived