Lexus IS250

kokotoo

Anyone have ?
Like the title says, if you have either of them, please post pictures and your review/experience!

and before you tell me to google, I'd just like to know the soompi community's opinions ;X

PS. It would be my friend's first car..so if you have opinions on cars for beginners, please do share

edit;

okay I lied, it was actually for me LOL.

but I decided on the is250, and i'd like to know if any of the soompiers have it and how they like it/ or experience with it.

hopefully some of you do, I see it everywhereeeeee around me

I drove my buddy's G when it was stock. More power/torque than you'll ever need to use (kept chirping the tires on gearshift). Huge and comfy but I don't like big cars. The interior plastics were nothing special nor upscale-looking but the navi GUI was nice.

Can't say much on the Lexus since I've never driven one but I'm a Toyota guy through-and-through (I think in terms of reliability) so my biased vote defaults to Lexus. And I imagine it being easier to maneuver with it being physically smaller in both length and width and lighter in weight. That should make it easier to avoid the scraping the front lip on dips, scraping the body when moving around tight spaces, and the narrower body reduces chances of door dings.

It's best to test drive both for yourself to compare. Btw the IS250 is completely trumped by the G in power. It shouldn't be compared and falls in a different price range. Maybe you meant to say IS350?

Friend's G:

27005_720567909035_6406739_41212109_1642515_n.jpg

27005_720567919015_6406739_41212110_1144989_n.jpg

27005_720567924005_6406739_41212111_4207522_n.jpg

Guest tbkonwso

ooh now i know who you are on here lol.. i returned ur pm on fb.

i think the best bet is to take both for a ride and see which one you like better! both are great cars and cant really go wrong.

if your buying it new , talk directly to the fleet manager to avoid the hassle of good sales man and bad sales man routine.

I drove my buddy's G when it was stock. More power/torque than you'll ever need to use (kept chirping the tires on gearshift). Huge and comfy but I don't like big cars. The interior plastics were nothing special nor upscale-looking but the navi GUI was nice.

Can't say much on the Lexus since I've never driven one but I'm a Toyota guy through-and-through (I think in terms of reliability) so my biased vote defaults to Lexus. And I imagine it being easier to maneuver with it being physically smaller in both length and width and lighter in weight. That should make it easier to avoid the scraping the front lip on dips, scraping the body when moving around tight spaces, and the narrower body reduces chances of door dings.

It's best to test drive both for yourself to compare. Btw the IS250 is completely trumped by the G in power. It shouldn't be compared and falls in a different price range. Maybe you meant to say IS350?

Ah, I'm actually..not too sure if it's 250 or 350. It would be my friend's car and he's looking for advice..

It would be his first beginner car haha.

Thank you so much for the pictures though =)

Also, I agree on your opinion with the Lexus...my family always gets Lexus, but then again..European cars are just too pricey with maintenance and fixing.

Guest ChingGoo

driving in the city, he's better of with the is250. more comfortable and mpg. i have a g35 and an is250, the g35 is a lot of fun =) in manual, but it sucks driving it around the city all the time. the tank of gas barely lasts me a week sometimes.

Guest Tonyc402

Hmmm switchlanez , does your friend post on myG37.com forum by any chance? I feel like Ive seen it before.

I have a g37x coupe and its a great car . i think its a bad comparison between a IS250 and a G37 just because the IS250 lacks power against the G37 . A fair comparison would be a IS350 like what switchlanez said. Gas mileage from the g37 is not that great and its a heavy car as well compared to the IS250 . Probably even insurance wise the IS350 would be cheaper than the G37 just because its a 4door sedan and the other being a coupe. If your friend really wants to know which is better for him/her then he/she should test drive both.

driving in the city, he's better of with the is250. more comfortable and mpg. i have a g35 and an is250, the g35 is a lot of fun =) in manual, but it sucks driving it around the city all the time. the tank of gas barely lasts me a week sometimes.

Hmmmm...he just wants a safe, nice looking, good control car. XD

I don't think he cares about the power...racing is no no.

Oh goodness, yeah..the city. Although, everything is close in the city, no? Parking is the worst for me.

Hmmm switchlanez , does your friend post on myG37.com forum by any chance? I feel like Ive seen it before.

I have a g37x coupe and its a great car . i think its a bad comparison between a IS250 and a G37 just because the IS250 lacks power against the G37 . A fair comparison would be a IS350 like what switchlanez said. Gas mileage from the g37 is not that great and its a heavy car as well compared to the IS250 . Probably even insurance wise the IS350 would be cheaper than the G37 just because its a 4door sedan and the other being a coupe. If your friend really wants to know which is better for him/her then he/she should test drive both.

Thank you =) He's leaning towards IS350 now~

Although, the G37 just looks so nice :|

Probably? Dunno his s/n but I know he goes on G37 forums. He was trying to be one of the first modded G37's in the Bay so I can imagine him posting to show it off but I linked the pics from his FB lol

Hmmmm...he just wants a safe, nice looking, good control car. XD

Thank you =) He's leaning towards IS350 now~

Although, the G37 just looks so nice :|

About control... there's a chance the G's wider stance makes it a better handler. Some skidpad readings show the difference is negligible: 0.85g for the G, 0.84g for the IS. He really should compare how they control in test drives. Also the IS should hold it's value better if he ever decides to resell it (depreciates less per year). You mention he's he a beginner... how long has he been driving?

It's a tough comparison and he can't go wrong with either but I agree on the looks of the G. Let us know what he decides.

Guest mikez

Your friend is very lucky to get such nice cars when he first get his license.

I have an IS250, I would recommend a 350 instead, 250 is too slow. G37 looks bloated and kind of ugly :/ Actually for the money I wouldn't get either of them but that just me and my weird tastes :)

DSC_0088-2.jpg

IS2.jpg

mycar-1.jpg

Guest jowyun

Don't bother with the is250. Those things have so many little bugs.

You should be comparing g37 or IS350. Both are quite similar in price. I'd choose the Lexus because it has the 4 doors and doesn't look as bloated as the G. I must admit though, the G37 does look quite aggressive/attractive. The Lexus just seems more subtle/humble in an understated classy way.

If he plans on leasing and returning the car after the term though, I would consider the new A4 as well. They look hot and awd ftw.

Guest AngelWingzX

None! Ariel Atom! j/k. G37S but the IS350 is looking quite attractive now... Hopefully he's a good driver?

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Cor Leonis

perhaps he should stick to driving a fairly old, used car and become a more experienced driver than to buy a luxury sports car and be a poor driver.

• 11 months later...

okay I lied, it was actually for me LOL.

but I decided on the is250, and i'd like to know if any of the soompiers have it and how they like it/ or experience with it.

hopefully some of you do, I see it everywhereeeeee around me

Guest 90th.degree

I've heard of the IS250 being gutless compared to the 350, but I would rock a 250 any day. I've driven a couple, and I like how smooth the ride is.

Guest Vice-Versa

I went from a 2000 Civic SI to an 03 350Z Manual, to an Automatic Lexus IS250 just a few weeks ago and I really miss the power of the 350Z.. but the IS250 is definitely a lot more practical and it is one of the smoothest rides I've ever experienced, it's not as powerful and such and I don't like that aspect since I drove a 300+ HP Z.. My IS came fully loaded with the "X" Package meaning that I got the sports tuned suspension and the handling is pretty awesome, and the interior is one of the best I've seen. I've compared the car to my Sister's 2011 BMW 335i and even she says that her car can't keep up with the Lexus Interior and technology wise (e.g.) Sensor door handles meaning you don't need to click the alarm or use a key to open the door, the rear-view camera, there's just so many more options that makes the Lexus driving experience a lot better, if you have any more questions just let me know.

Guest chinguz

I've a is250 for pretty long now. It's a good car to take to work or grocery shopping.

The back seats are very small so if you have tall passengers forget about it.

Also if you are after a sporty car forget about it as well. For the driver the perforated leather seats are very comfortable.

The is250 is a smooth ride, with 16/17" wheels particularly. With 18/19" its more stiffer which I prefer.

I find the handling around corners/turns is not as sharp as I would like it to be.

Car doesn't have any bad blind spots which is always good.

The 350 is an improvement in terms of power and is around 10-20g more over here for an F sport over the 250. For my needs the 250 is suffice as I have other cars for other purposes. Stick to what you want, if you let people coerce you, you will be here all day.

Overall it's a good car, you get more for your money compared to other luxury cars and for a new driver you'll be happy.

Archived