[movie 2002] Emergency Measures No.19 긴급조치 19호

Guest xmkaex

Guest xmkaex

Hong Kyung Min,Kim Jang Hoon, Shinhwa, Kangta, Fin.K.L...
l_p1001862771.jpg

Info from Yesasia:

An astounding singer is elected to the congress. The president and his brain trust begin to worry that one day the singer/congressman will become the leader of the country. To prevent this from happening, the president's secretary proposes an "Emergency Measure 19" in which the government is authorized to arrest any singer at any time. Once the Measure is passed, all singers are arrested. In a show of support to their idols, the fans start to oppose the authority ...

Professional Review

"Emergency Measure 19" has also brought Kang Ta, Shinhwa, FinKL, Click-B, Baby Vox and more on board as guest performers.

To some people, Emergency Measure 19 is no doubt a dream comes true. It has brought almost all the popular idols in Korea together. Try to imagine, Kangta, FinKL, ShinHwa, Click-B, Baby Vox, Ha Ri-Su, and many more are all in one single film! If you are a K-Pop fan, merely the cast list is already the biggest allurement for you to get the film.

The story of this film is quite illogical and whimsical. The Korean government is afraid that pop singers and their songs are having too much political influence, that the chief secretary has decided to pass a new law called "emergency measure 19" in which every pop singer in the country is to be arrested and jailed. The establishment of such insane laws angers the fans and supporters of the singers and it results in a big strike that is going out of control... The plot is quite loose and is built up from many fragments that do not seem to be closely related, for instance, there is a scene where you see ShinHwa is being interrogated in a cell, then in another scene, Kangta is beating some government agents. Most of these scenes are very funny and humorous, but don't expect any intense drama there. In addition, the film also contains some interesting political metaphors that may not appear too meaningful for outsiders who know nothing about the politics in Korea.

To most people, it is obvious that this film is a parody, but in what way, or to be a bit more specific, who is it that the filmmaker wanted to mock? The pop singers? The fanatics? To me, the target seems to be the parents of the fans. The major sub-plot of this film is the father-daughter relationship between the chief secretary and his daughter. What is ironic about this relationship is that, the father is the one who establishes the law, while the daughter is the one who leads the big strike against the government. If the father were able to spend more time with his daughter and understand her needs, it is very likely that the situation will not end up in the way it is. Moreover, in a scene when the government officials are forced by Kang Jang-Hoon to sing a song, they admit that they know nothing about pop song. It is a sarcastic moment since it is these government officials who have decided to prohibit pop songs, but the fact is, they know nothing about it! This film seems to suggest that the ignorance of the parents is the key factor that leads to the radical behavior of the fans.

The lead actress of this film is Kong Hye-Jin. Not being very beautiful, she has been in many films before, including Memento Mori, Guns & Talks, Surprise and many more. Her role as the teen leader is quite persuasive. Among all the cameo of the pop idols, Kangta and Ha Ri-Su are the two you should not miss. Their parts are impressive.

Emergency Measure 19 is funny and sarcastic, but the subject matter is not universal. You need to have some knowledge of the Korean entertainment industry in order to fully grasp all the humors and gags. If you don't even know what is ShinHwa or FinKL, it is very hard for you to enjoy this film and get the most out of it.

------------------------------------------------------------------

I remember this movie. I borrowed it for Shinhwa. But overall this movie was boring. It was just about getting rid of ALL the singers in Korea. But i thought Shinhwa was hot in this movie.

edit: 061222

*DELETED* dues to links being dead.

sorry i will not re-upload it again. =/ you can try going to shinhwachangjo.net to get mu links from there. i'm too lazy to search it for you. sorry...

Guest xmkaex

yeah, most of the artists/singers only got 3 mins in the movie. T___T

but the part where shinhwa was being investigated was so funny. :lol:

Guest cherrybaby

Omg, I friggin laugh sooo much when Shinhwa's part came on. they were sooo hilarious especially Hyesung oppa. He showed some of his acting and taekwondo skills. Hyesung oppa and the rest of Shinhwa was funny, i recommend watching their part over and over again.

:) THANKS to KitKat for the link. I really appreciate it...

• 3 weeks later...
Guest sungified

I watched this a while back, I thought it was an okay movie. But it was funny. xD I love the Click-B part and the ShinHwa's part when Hyesung was telling them where Soo Man was hiding. XD

Guest JooLee

yea i thought this movie was kinda weird lol i just liked the part where Shinhwa was in it <3333 and how Hyesung lost HAHAHAH

^i know what you mean... this movie really sucks big time... i only watch it because it has shinhwa, baby vox, and finkl. ^^ i had to keep this movie because it will become a rare movie to get it. =]

Guest sWeEteSt.eTeRNiiTy

hello. =] i wanna watch this!! shinhwa's in it!! XD. but your link died...can u reup it or direct me somewhere else that i can dl this? thanks.

• 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Archived