Jang Keun Suk 장근석

shiro401

Guest bunnybunny

wahhh i just finished watching doremi and omggg its soooooo cuuuuuteee~~~~

seriously i <3 jgs!! and he was sucha cute actor and wow 2 years really did change him though

Guest newlili

From Kim Min-jeong to Kang Soo-yeon, Best 5 child actors

jgschildactoref7.jpg

The futures of many child stars were generally depressing.

The childish image and the weight of the years were obstacles for child stars to become adult actors.

But even among them, there are stars who have succeeded in transforming into adults. The IS Entertainment Team has picked out the best 5 actors who started out as child stars.

The first is the heroine of "New Heart", Kim Min-jeong.

Kim Min-jeong, who's charm comes from her big eyes, debuted in 1990 when she was eight, with MBC Best Theater "Widow". In 1992, she received the 'Child Actor Award' from KBS, received the 'Youth Award' in 1998, and received much love for her smart acting. Her official change to adult acting came in 2005 with the drama "Fashion 70s" and in 2006 with the movie "Forbidden Quest".

Especially in "Forbidden Quest", she had a daring exposure scene, and fully separated from her innocent, childish image.

The second is Moon Geun-yeong, who is transforming from the nation's younger sister to everyone's sweetheart. When she was 12 in 1999, she debuted in the movie "On the Road" and played the younger version of Song Hye-kyo in KBS drama "Autumn in my Heart" in 2000.

She showed traditional images in "A Tale of Two Sisters", "My Little Bride", and "Innocent Steps". In 2006, she changed in "Love Me Not" but it failed to be a success. It seems she will undergo an official change in the drama "Painter of the Wind" to air later this year.

The third is 'Hip-hop boy' Yang Dong-geun.

He had been a regular child actor as much as Yoo Seung-ho but is now a 29-year-old adult actor. He adapted in the 2002 drama "Ruler of Your Own World" and 2003 movie "Wild Card". He is now showing his skill with loose and tough acting.

The fourth is the winner of the New Actor Award at the BaekSang Awards, Jang Geun-seok. He is 21 this year, and has been a child actor in historical dramas since he was young. And he is making soft landings as he tries to change into an adult actor with movies "Chakshin Ari Final" (2006) and "The Happy Life" (2007).

The last is Kang Soo-yeon. She is a child star that is always discussed with Ahn Seong-gi and Son Chang-min. Her official debut work was the movie "Blood Line" in 1979. She is now 42 and has 30 years of acting experience. Other child actors that have succeeded are Lee Min-woo, Song Hye-kyo, Ko Ah-ra, Noh Hee-ji, and Park Sin-hye.

Kdramafanusa@Soompi news

Original Korean Article: ISPLUS 2008.05.13 07:32

English Translation Credit: HanCinema

Guest tuchee11

Thanks for all the goodies eels! KS Momma ;) thanks for the translations... Newlili, thank you for posting that article... He sure is one of the best child actors in Korea... He's been like in the entertainment for almost all of his life... He's been through a lot of stuffs... Acting, MCing, Singing... Gaaaaah! He's versatile! :wub:

DongBangboys, congrats for being nominated as soompi gal ;) It sure is perfect timing... It's either he lurks here on soompi, totally a coincidence, or you have super powers that you can see the future... LoL! :lol:

pics :w00t:

001.jpg

SSL21822.jpg

000021.jpg

SSL21818.jpg

001copy-1.jpg

000029.jpg

_SSL21825.jpg

This is recent right?(i think...cuz of the hair color and style and the posts on dckeunsuk) he's @ the airport today? where's he goin? :huh: errr...what's with the pants? :ph34r:

Going Crazy Waiting Pres Con

DSC_020932171_02374.jpg

EXR pic... different angle

3dc15018.jpg

Unseen pics from EXR fan signing

51_23148.jpg52_33148.jpg

credit dckeunsuk

Guest SillyYun

his schedule is updating i guess we will wait for awhile

im not able to click on the keunsuk.com

we'll wait for awhile :)

thanks everyone for FLOODING WITH PICS hahaha!

dongbangboys what do u get for being jang keun girl?

lol do i have to give u allowance

Guest newlili

hehe , Mama Jang, in the traditional US custom, the girl's family have to give the guy's family JGS allowance, he he ....

Dongbangboys, what are you going to bride Mama Jang with ?

Guest tuchee11

OMIGAAAAH! I tried to google translate the dckeunsuk site and they were mentioning America!! Is he goin to the US? Omo! :o I hope it will be confirmed soon...

08051618.jpg

HGD BTS pics

DSC_0019_128140729.jpg

DSC_0021_028140729.jpg

credit dckeunsuk

Unseen pics -I'll remove If these were posted before-

http://i307.photobucket.com/albums/nn311/l...wen01/n_4-1.gif <3 :wub:

*credits: DCkeunsuk

this one is soo cute! GS still very young ^^

what TV program is it?? :mellow:

they didn't show how he lost his memory? awww... I thought there's a car accident scene or something. :crazy: coz someone said that shin eungyu lost his memory from car accident.

ack?! 1 hour 45 minutes?

mine's 4 hour and 3 minutes... *pissed*

seriously? 4 hours 3 mts??...thats so long for a movie! :wacko:

hvn't you watch it?.. i didnt know how Eun Gyu lost his memories about singing and love to Yoon Jung Won, and turned into an 'idiot' @@

yepp... last mts at studio was a so touching scenes, all Eun Gyu friends tried to help him to recover his memories.. tt's made me moved.. T_T

GS acting was very good! and love the ending :wub:

pics :w00t:

http://i250.photobucket.com/albums/gg267/t...k/001copy-1.jpg

This is recent right?(i think...cuz of the hair color and style and the posts on dckeunsuk) he's @ the airport today? where's he goin? :huh: errr...what's with the pants? :ph34r:

credit dckeunsuk

weeee.... what's kind of pant is that??... kekeke....^^ love his ponytail! ^^

he's such a careless guy but stylish...! ^^

where did he go??... :unsure:

SillyYun, thanks for translating the article. same with GS's latest entry..^^

pic from his Cy - @ HK --> smoking again >,<

hk01bx7.jpg

keunsuk@Cyworld

seriously? 4 hours 3 mts??...thats so long for a movie! :wacko:

hvn't you watch it?.. i didnt know how Eun Gyu lost his memories about singing and love to Yoon Jung Won, and turned into an 'idiot' @@

yepp... last mts at studio was a so touching scenes, all Eun Gyu friends tried to help him to recover his memories.. tt's made me moved.. T_T

GS acting was very good! and love the ending :wub:

yes! ^0^ 4 hours and 3 minutes... my internet connection was really slow... lol (there's a typhoon here in our place)

anyway, can u tell me the ending? I wanna know... I want spoilers. ^_^ (just put spoiler so that others won't know) thank u so much!

Guest keera89

i really love his white headphones. i've searched allot but still dont know which brand is.... damn i'm gonna crazy

do you guys know?

Guest DongBangBoys

regarding dongbangboys being nominated, im so shock haha theres even such thing :P congrats haha ur NAKED proves it all~ haha

LMAO wow they worked when I didn't even send them in yet :P

DongBangboys, congrats for being nominated as soompi gal ;) It sure is perfect timing... It's either he lurks here on soompi, totally a coincidence, or you have super powers that you can see the future... LoL! :lol:

HAHA thanks <33 I KNOW I'm still freaked out about that. I seriously think he's around here searching and looking at our posts secretly. I'm scared to write anything else. BUT on the bright side, it shows how ordinary he really is, because I was just thinking what I felt inside. He's a regular boy who needs love just like everyone else. :wub:

dongbangboys what do u get for being jang keun girl?

lol do i have to give u allowance

LMAO OMG that means you approve!? I get to be his soompi gal???

and what do I get?? WHY the satisfaction that I'm his soompi gal!

hehe , Mama Jang, in the traditional US custom, the girl's family have to give the guy's family JGS allowance, he he ....

Dongbangboys, what are you going to bride Mama Jang with ?

AH Man! SO i have to give her money!? I guess...LOL

hmm bribe her with??? That's tough! I have to ask my honey, Geun Suk about it since that is her son XD LOL

Guest llin

wow, his cyworld entry is *puts in some random words.

when i was reading it, i can actually feel his ache. the not-so-glamourous side of being a star, the loneliness.

jang geun suk is at the sensitive age i think, at 21, more so when he is in the industry i think.

thank you sillyyun for translating his entry (:

you guys are quick with updates! MORE PICTURES! *SAVE SAVE SAVE!

Guest anf322

I believe this hasn't been posted! hehe. This is during his Hwangjinyi days. Also, I was surfing around the net and found this lady's blog. I think she works in the industry, lucky her.

All credits go to her : http://traceyinkorea.spaces.live.com/default.aspx

Excerpt from her blog:

"I've also met Jang Guen Seok who plays Hwang Jin-I's first love. He's a lot of fun and told me he's been acting since age 14 (he's now 20). Usually we all have meals together as a group, Ha Jiwon, her staff, myself, and Guen Seok and his staff. It feels like one big happy family."

"I also enjoyed meeting Jang Gun Suk, and his Sr. Manager Byong Gun and his stylist Boem-me. "

Now on with the pics.

2496727431_c6b4338610.jpg

He's so adorable!

2496727401_d35568f8df.jpg

2496727367_13caa524d2.jpg

the lady herself.

2497553260_645cbab9db.jpg

dunno who this is.

2496727293_646deaa0aa.jpg

her again.

2497553158_4f3360ae70.jpg

on set

2496727195_fd258cffe0.jpg

the jumping rope scene

2496727155_a2aa1b512a.jpg

he looks like he's 10 here! LOL. so cute.

2496727135_d047c1aa5e.jpg

the happy couple!

Guest sheena0627

this thread is growing real fast, 4 pages i have to read! haha!! yipeee~~~

oh, i downloaded doremi with chinese sub and my version is 1hr 45mins too. did someone mention they had the two hour long version? I was thinking my version is not full coz i didn't see the scene that he was crying for chichibi. Though i highly suspect they cut it away~~ sighz

Guest Strawberii

Dang, this thread goes by at mega speed lately, it moved up 3 pages since yesterday. :w00t:

It seems like everyoine thinks he wants to fall badly in love haha i soemhow think tt he actually fell in lvoe already but he let it slip and now he's regretting. tt's why he says it's best to be drunk cos in that state he's truthful to himself and maybe if he was when love happened, he would be happier now.
I agree, i had a suspicion that it may be about a previous love considering how he talks about regretting and for some reason i think that the girl he's talking about maybe Boa....or Stephanie (though they're more like siblings) idk it's just a theory :phew:

Guest tuchee11

thanks for the dload link and the blog post guys! I'm glad that people who work with oppa really appreciate him... He's such a nice guy :D

Gaaaah! So confused as to really how long the doremi movie is... looks like there's a lot of versions... can't wait too see oppa on this... i'm desperately waiting for the eng subs to come out...

MOre of oppa @ the airport yesterday...

000022.jpg

000023.jpg

000025.jpg

000027.jpg

000028.jpg

000032.jpg

000035.jpg

DSCF3184copy2.jpg

DSCN3512.jpg

dckeunsuk

Eels at dckeunsuk have been mentioning about the airport & the US... OMG! So it means he's goin there? I wonder what for... Still wondering :huh:

Guest anf322

i really love his white headphones. i've searched allot but still dont know which brand is.... damn i'm gonna crazy

do you guys know?

i'm not sure of the brand, but it looks like something i saw in japan. =D i can't see the brand on it. looks like something that starts with a J?

edit: also, about him going to the U.S?? on vacation maybe?? is he going to the Hollywood Bowl! LOL.

come to LA, JKS! i'll be your personal tour guide. i'm quite the foodie and photog myself.

Cheers!

btw, thanks for all the recent photos. i myself am trying to add to this thread as much as possible.

greetings to all!

~daisy

Guest DongBangBoys

anf322: thanks!!

OMG that lady is so lucky!!! I wonder if she spoke in Korean to them or if Geun Suk talked to her in english XD lol

that's SO COOL. I so have to become a interpreter soon and go over to Korea and do all the cool stuff!!

Guest bunnybunny

i wonder where he's going. but for doremi i dont really know what versions you guys are watching

but the actual movie is 105 minutes according to naver and the one i downloaded (which i downloaded

the 2cd version and the 1cd version) are both that long. o.O