JJ Lin Jun Jie

Guest Blue Lemonade

• Replies 951
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...
Guest Cin Ling

I'd just listen to JJ's new album. Many people said that it's better than Sixology but I dun think so.. (i'm sorry >.<)

It's far from my expectation (or may be I expect too much??)

But still,I'll try to find out what is the unique feature of thiz album. Hopefully,I'll change my view..^^

And of course I'm still waiting for more JJ's song,lol..

Thanx for sharing JJ's news and video here...

Guest *frutti

Honestly, I didn't think this album was as good as his older ones at first....but I forced myself to listen to it repeatedly the past couple of days because c'mon...it's JJ Lin (I thought my ears were being wonky at first) and hey, it grew on me!!

Guest tainted.skies

Look what came in the mail today! :)

P10510201.jpg

On the left is the entire Album holder which includes the song lyrics book with photos (bottom left), and underneath the book is the CD itself. In the middle is a stack of 11 photo cards that includes some self-taken photos of JJ himself and some random stuff. On the back of those 11 cards is his autograph. I flipped one of them over so you can see it. :) And lastly, on the right is a photo book that had quotes on every other page. When put together, this is the message:

“Thank you for your smiles, your frowns, You bring life to my empty town… Thank you for making me tear, You help me realise my weakness and my fear… Thank you for hating me in the end, I learn to be humble as a wretch… Thank you for shooting me in the heart, So I will no longer feel sore when we’re apart …

With love, & so much gratitude,

JJ.”

^_______________^!

Edit: Oh no! JJ updated on his twitter:

"bad night.. gastric torments and puking"

I hope he gets better soon.. :/

Guest nichrom

Can anyone tell me their interpretation of Xi Jie (West Side)? I love the song and think i get parts of the meaning but I don't get what his 'west side' actually means.

I guess this is the most appropriate place to post my question(?)

Guest Cin Ling

Honestly, I didn't think this album was as good as his older ones at first....but I forced myself to listen to it repeatedly the past couple of days because c'mon...it's JJ Lin (I thought my ears were being wonky at first) and hey, it grew on me!!

Yeps.. I think I agree with you.. I tried hard to love this album...

And... Now, I'm quite crazy of "Jia You"..... This is the best song I think.. I even played it for more than 20 times in a day..... >.<

But, I also think that MC Hot Dog rapping ruin it.. (I'm sorry)

Back to back hug and X are quite nice too...

Guest heartdrops

Can anyone tell me their interpretation of Xi Jie (West Side)? I love the song and think i get parts of the meaning but I don't get what his 'west side' actually means.

I guess this is the most appropriate place to post my question(?)

I read that Xi Jie is actually the name of 林秋離's bar in Shanghai. When JJ is in Shanghai, he would go there with friends when he has time. The boss of the bar told JJ that Xi Jie is located at an unique coordinate. Everyday the sun only shines half a day, and the rest of the time will be dark.

When JJ was producing the album, JJ's teacher mentioned the bar. By using black and white to represent good and evil, it can continue the concept of his last world tour - “善与恶并存与世界" - good and evil exist side by side in the world.

In every person's heart, the two sides co-exist. In the evil minds, there is also the soft side to them. Good and evil is not absolute. If you can come out and look at yourself, you will realize like what is described in "Xi Jie".. that you will see in everyone's heart, there is hidden a child that is deprived of love.

I think in the song.. he's talking about one lover in the western hemisphere and the other in the east.. with the metaphor of Xi Jie?

Archived