[info] The 8th Annual Korea Times Music Festival 2010 (hb)

Guest khype

Guest sun_kissees

if anyone want to know, the artist lineup doesnt come out until after the tickets are sold because it's just too early (which sucks) they usually come in like little batches of 3 or 4 artists at a time (unless, i remember last year many people kept calling to ask who was coming and someone got the koreatimes person to say shinee and people kept trying to confirm it and yeah ...)

tickets sell really i fast. i recommend getting online or on phone or at the place tickets are selling on time. last year, i bought them online and i woke up like 2 hours before the tickets started selling but it only got me terrace seats because my credit card wasnt on hand. the tickets for POOL, GB, and TERRACE usually get sold out in like the first 2 hours or so.

• Replies 5.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

anyone from seattle going? i really want to come but the pool seats are so expensive :/

im from seattle ;p and me and my friends r going for pool. where in seattle r u?

i'm from Seattle too! and my friend and i are definitely trying for pool or the first two rows of garden boxes.

Guest oneemil

I think more idol groups will come this year. I mean, last year a WAVE of idols debuted. I'm pretty sure we'll see more idols than usual ;D

I have a question!:

My friends said it's not possible to get Pool Circle seats because most people who get them have "connections" and get the tickets before hand. But of course they aren't saying NO ONE can get them.

I just wanted to ask, is it possible though? I know they get sold out pretty fast. I just wanted to get Pool this year :)

Guest xrawrcindy

I HAVE A QUESTION GUYS!

i don't know how to get picked up after the concert :/ i heard the traffic is pretty crazy and as of right now, only this problem is stopping me from going

HELP PLEASE! <3

Guest flyaway.

I think more idol groups will come this year. I mean, last year a WAVE of idols debuted. I'm pretty sure we'll see more idols than usual ;D

I have a question!:

My friends said it's not possible to get Pool Circle seats because most people who get them have "connections" and get the tickets before hand. But of course they aren't saying NO ONE can get them.

I just wanted to ask, is it possible though? I know they get sold out pretty fast. I just wanted to get Pool this year :)

No, you don't need connections for PC seats. It's definitely possible to get them because I got them two years in a row. You just have to have patience and to keep refreshing the page.

Omg. Is SNSD seriously coming again? :mellow:

Guest x_nielleified

Artist wise, all I know is SNSD is probably coming back. Sunny said on her show, when talking about her grandparents that live in america, that she'll see them again in May when she comes back to America for a concert. So, she kind of just came out and said they're coming, but we can't be sure until they release the artist of course.

HAHAHAHA i love sunny(:

people keep dropping out of that gigantic group i was gonna order tickets for -_-;

they don't even want to go for superseats anymore.

buuuut whatever. less people for me to worry about, i guess? :'D

I HAVE A QUESTION GUYS!

i don't know how to get picked up after the concert :/ i heard the traffic is pretty crazy and as of right now, only this problem is stopping me from going

HELP PLEASE! <3

last year, my friends and i took a shuttle to get back home. however, i'm not sure if there's a shuttle that will go by your area > < anyways, here's the link for shuttle stops. and yes, from what i've seen, the traffic is pretty insane.

http://www.koreanmusicfestival.com/hollywo...wl/Parking.html

As for SHINee and f(x), to me it's above 40% that they're coming 'cause that's the trend SM seems to be following (2 years in a row and their newest group debutees)

*that's just imo so don't quote me on this

Super Junior being the main act- I didn't even consider them 'cause, idk just forgot? XD; but it seems possible :]

Now Big Bang- I want them to come again since I missed them in '07 ><

but I'd like to see YG bring atleast 2NE1 if not

other groups could be KARA/BEG~

with all the comebacks the artists are doing though it's kinda hard to say besides trying to get Hyori here I guess (since she couldn't in '08)

With the person in charge though (starting 2009), I dunno how good his connections are; that's the most major aspect in this that we can't really compare the artist line-up from 2008 and before :0

I HAVE A QUESTION GUYS!

HELP PLEASE! <3

Traffic is pretty insane and long after the concert

I'd say 1hr after the concert's over is when someone to pick you up is a better time

You won't be alone since there are still people who sit and wait for their rides and the organizers/staff are wondering around (fans waiting for their artists car to leave- and follow :0)

If you don't feel comfortable waiting I know there are people who take shuttle buses- not so sure how that works though ^^;

Guest michelle smells

I HAVE A QUESTION GUYS!

HELP PLEASE! <3

like somone said before, its best to leave a long time after the concert...

i don't know how long the people are gonna stalk artists this year,

because they all leave through the underground parking lot...

some leave after they perform to go to airport or eat.

but like i remember the security people getting mad because no one would move from the exit place.

rofl.

and parking is insane.

i think many people should carpool.

XD

Guest Rhonda21

Not that I hate SNSD or anything because I like some of their songs but I am really only going for the eye candy and that means the guy groups. I want to see the hotness in person. So groups like 2PM, Big Bang, MBLAQ etc. would do. :D Of course Super Junior too and well TVXQ but doubt they could go. At least I got to see them in '08 so its ok. I wish they could have more than 2 boy bands. :P Or at least give them more time. I'm going to be so nervous each time they announce artists.

With the person in charge though (starting 2009), I dunno how good his connections are; that's the most major aspect in this that we can't really compare the artist line-up from 2008 and before :0

I guess the coordinator for 2008 definitely brought ALL his connections out because he knew it was his last year and he had an amazing line-up. I don't want to expect too much this year but giving that the new coordinator had a year to learn from his mistakes and such, I kind of expect it to be better than last year. Its going good so far because they seem much more organized and prompt with their planning this year.

Oh and for the people here who are planning to stay at the sponsored hotel, are any of you guys planning to take the redline back to the hotel after? I thought maybe some of us can meet up after the concert and take it back together because even though I've been to HB for two years this will be my first year taking redline back and I'm not sure about how to take it. All I know is that there is a redline stop like a block away from the Wilshire and across the street from the Sheraton. I would take the taxi but I can only imagine how long it would take for them to get to HB considering all the traffic. I'm planning to take the taxi to HB and take redline back to the hotel.

Guest sergeantsica

It sounds like most of you are interested in boy groups like SuJu and 2PM and you're disappointed about the possibility of SNSD coming back, but you have to account for the fact that SNSD's popularity has only risen since last year. Also, SNSD is one of the most stable groups right now (no offense but we all know kpop is very volatile these days).

However, SM's 2 year formula seems to be holding constant, and it sounds very reasonable that they would send f(x) in SNSD's place this year, and probably SHINee again to make up for last year. Which makes me sad because i'd love to see SNSD come again ):

Guest Rhonda21

Well I wouldn't mind if SNSD came again it's just I would be going crazy for the boy groups is all. I'm sure they will have at least one girl group of course but I kind of hope it's someone that hasn't been there before so f(x) is ok. I kind of prefer 2NE1 though. It's the same thing with Super Junior really. I love love love them, they were my second korean love after DBSK but I think since they got to go twice (I know not all of them but still) it would be nice to get to see someone different. Of course I will be happy if they go its just me thinking I would like to get to see someone I haven't seen before because I don't know when is the next time I'll get to go again.But this is just me. lol

Guest Masugomi

I HAVE A QUESTION GUYS!

HELP PLEASE! <3

I'm not sure about traffic... but i'm trying to get a hotel close to HB. (I heard Bestwestern Hollywood Plaza is close) so i might just walk.. back... to the hotel.. idk if you're staying in a hotel though.

It's gonna be late and im gonna be alone!!! I hope i don't get kidnapped and raped :[

As long as it's after the HB then at least if i get murdered, i can go to heaven and be like "Guys did you see that!!! totally cool awesome concert. :D" I'm sure the angels like kpop too.. right? right? idk im weird.

Guest didibabez1

Ok, the KMF should really put into consideration that a lot of the people that want to go to this concert are teenagers, college students that don't have that much money. Also, consider the economy, umm...hellooooooo!!! $275 is a bit ridiculous for tickets. They should really know that people are coming from all over the world just to attend this thing. They have a lot of sponsors that are rich....paying for this thing already. goodness,,, well, I don't think I'm gonna pay $200 for tickets anymore...let alone $150. ... Geesh.. last year I went I had really mini cooperty seats but maybe I'll go for mini cooperty seats again. argghh. ok.... and the date of the concert.....OK....can't they do it later...like the 2nd or 3rd week in may when people are out of school...argghh... ok.... i'm done complaining... see u all at the bowl...

Oh and for the people here who are planning to stay at the sponsored hotel, are any of you guys planning to take the redline back to the hotel after? I thought maybe some of us can meet up after the concert and take it back together because even though I've been to HB for two years this will be my first year taking redline back and I'm not sure about how to take it. All I know is that there is a redline stop like a block away from the Wilshire and across the street from the Sheraton. I would take the taxi but I can only imagine how long it would take for them to get to HB considering all the traffic. I'm planning to take the taxi to HB and take redline back to the hotel.

im planning to stay at the sponsored hotel and im sorry if this has been answered before but what is redline? >,<

Guest Masugomi

Ok, the KMF should really put into consideration that a lot of the people that want to go to this concert are teenagers, college students that don't have that much money. Also, consider the economy, umm...hellooooooo!!! $275 is a bit ridiculous for tickets. They should really know that people are coming from all over the world just to attend this thing. They have a lot of sponsors that are rich....paying for this thing already. goodness,,, well, I don't think I'm gonna pay $200 for tickets anymore...let alone $150. ... Geesh.. last year I went I had really mini cooperty seats but maybe I'll go for mini cooperty seats again. argghh. ok.... and the date of the concert.....OK....can't they do it later...like the 2nd or 3rd week in may when people are out of school...argghh... ok.... i'm done complaining... see u all at the bowl...

Lol, they have $15/$20 seats... xD But i get what you're saying. I see so many people sitting in front i'm like "WTTHHH!!??" and i thought i was excited to sit in a $70 seat. lool

Guest findjunebug

It sounds like most of you are interested in boy groups like SuJu and 2PM and you're disappointed about the possibility of SNSD coming back, but you have to account for the fact that SNSD's popularity has only risen since last year. Also, SNSD is one of the most stable groups right now (no offense but we all know kpop is very volatile these days).

However, SM's 2 year formula seems to be holding constant, and it sounds very reasonable that they would send f(x) in SNSD's place this year, and probably SHINee again to make up for last year. Which makes me sad because i'd love to see SNSD come again ):

I don't care if SNSD comes or not and if there was a SM Family concert in the US then I would totally go and cheer for them, but because this isn't a SM Concert then I just ask that we have some variety and have some new groups.

Archived