Party Attire Help!

Guest Hidd3nBeauty

Guest Hidd3nBeauty

Party theme is MIAMI VICE - no idea what i should wear! =[
Poke Poke! :D

heya all fellow soompiers!!!!

this is my first topic haha! so please bear with me as i bumble through! :lol:

okay so i have a minor clothing crisis atm!!! :wacko:

I have a party this saturday, and the theme is Miami Vice!

i have googled for ideas but i'm still unsure as to what is appropriate for clothing etc. (I'm a girl - just incase lol!)

i want to wear a dress but am a noob when it comes to working out what to wear for themed parties! haha! so.... if you could suggest outfit ideas or post up pics that would be amazingly awesum!!! and i shall appreciate and luv you all forever! :P

btw - i've searched through soompi and didn't find any threads like this. if there is please take down! ;)

Guest Exquoise

suits attire. but in a chill way. I don't really know how to explain it...it kind of reminds me of the mob kind of look. Fedora hats, trousers, blazers...but since you said you wanted to wear a dress, Id suggest a tight leather/skirt

Guest Batgirl

80's style since the show was made in the 80's.

Look for dresses and things like that since i would think it would be "hot" in Miami Vice. Shows still follow trends of the time. so 80's slinky dresses? ::shrugs::

Miami Vice was all about rumpled sophistication...wrinkled suits, dress shoes with no socks and fantastic sunglasses.

Maybe to update the look you can try a vibrantly colored close fitting (but not skanky tight) dress with a white blazer (maybe a wrinkly linen and don't forget to push the sleeves up to your elbows and shoulder pads are an absolute must) and beach style curls pulled back in a sophisticated messy chignon. Miami Vice was very 80s...here are some pics to give you an idea.

210841~Miami-Vice-Posters.jpg

miami%20vice.jpg

miami-vice-cast-2.jpg

Trudy-Gina-miami-vice-784251_289_400.jpg

I would go for something like the dress on the right with a structured blazer

gs_malone_ramsey_080812_m2.jpg

With a blazer over it and the sleeves pushed up as mentioned before

jacket-required2.jpg

You can just wear a wicked hot floral blazer and make that your focus too

2462658389_400.jpg

Or if you want to go the more masculine route this outfit is pretty spot on

c0c94f3947d6438d_Picture_9.png

Hope this was useful and that you have a blast at the party

Guest Hidd3nBeauty

thanks everyone for your replies!!! =] they were really super helpful! ^_^

i shall forever luvv you all! :wub:

i ended up going with a slinky black mini with shoulder pads, (which weren't too big)

i think i have a picture... lol! :D

Archived