Superstar K Winner, Seo In Gook [서인국]

baoi

@popscreen7 huahahahaha you just like me. i often open all the link you said :D
yeah it's too bad and sad we hardly found any updates about him in english :(

i've seen that vid you upload in high school king thread..
aaahhh lucky lee hana :D

btw, did you notice when in guk sing in the stage the earplug that he use that is a little heart on it?
for the left side it's black and the right side is white.

i watched master's sun but i didn't catch up the thread here in soompi.
am little sad cus in that drama his screen time aren't as much as i want.

btw do you know where i can watch "i live alone"?
i've tried at virtualvoyage but it failed :(

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Hi everyone! @mingmangming @popscreen7 I've been an In Guk fan since reply 97. Rascal Sons is probably the only thing he starred in that I didn't see. I hope it's okay that I join you ^^

EDIT: I wonder how to get some action on this thread? :D

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Hi, I'm back again! :D

Hello, @kimnabong! So glad that more Heartider come to this thread. Yes! Let's make this thread alive again B-) I'm also his huge fan since Reply 97 days. I watched Rascal Sons but only Inguk cuts and without sub :))

@mingmangming Maybe you can try this dailymotion channel http://www.dailymotion.com/f100002629375800

• Like 1

Yeah, there's a lot of Heartriders out there but only a few here :(
No, it doesn't have subs and neither do Go Show. It's so hard to find Inguk's videos with engsub, we need more solid fanbase. There's even no international fanbase for him :(

@kimnabong OMG yes I love it too!!! I think his english cover song performances are awesome. I also love it when he sings english songs, or rapping, dancing, singing while playing instruments. I love the fact that he's good in each and everything he does (except cleaning LOL). He's even sooooo good at kissing :\">

By the way, does anyone here missing Inguk speak in satoori? I don't know, sometimes while I watched HSK, I keep expect him to slip into his satoori :D

• Like 1

@kimnabong oh no!! i actually will post that video. it's my fav video of in guk singing live. that video it's the point when i start loving him as a singer. previously i just love him as an actor and like him as a singer. but that video convert me. i LOVE him as an actor and a singer
:x

actually @popscreen7 and @kimnabong i watched the go show video raw and memorize the sub that someone posted in R1997 thread. hehe

maybe in guk is jason mraz and michael buble's fan
;)
i watched him sang their songs several times.

sadly his english cover song not all that good. i remember when he sang maroon 5's and usher's. it's not as good when he sang michael buble's. and when he sang the english part of perfect fit.

did you guys watched this

:x
  • Like 1

@mingmangming‌ oh noooo! do you have links to his maroon 5 and usher versions??? I haven't seen that! i loved him as an actor and less as a singer too but when he sang the les miserables one day more during the sbs awards I was blown away.

@popscreen7‌ yeah i agree there are many of us but the international fan base is scattered. like there are pages in mexico, turkey, thailand, philippines (i see them on facebook) but it's not united. everybody is everywhere.

• Like 1

class="pane-title"ONE Exclusive Interview - Seo In Guk Seo In Guk

16 April 2014 by ONE How was it like working alongside your seniors (“sunbaes”) So Ji Sub and Gong Hyo Jin in ‘The Master’s Sun’? Were you nervous about it? Who made you more nervous? I felt at ease working with senior actors, So Ji Sub and Gong Hyo Jin. The filming took place in a cheerful and harmonious atmosphere, hence it was an enjoyable memory for me.   You play security leader, Kang Woo, who silently stood by the female lead, Tae Gong Sil. Have you ran into similar instances before in real life, where your love confessions did not quite work out? Yes, I had a one-sided crush experience. I made a hard confession, though it did not work out. It broke my heart.   In the drama, your character fell for Tae Gong Sil who is older. In real life, would you be able to accept someone older as your girlfriend? What is your ideal girlfriend like? I think that love has no age boundaries. I would prefer an intelligent woman over a pretty one as my ideal type.   In the drama, Kang Woo is very afraid of ghosts, how about you? What type of ghosts are you most fearful of? Do you watch horror movies? Should you have an opportunity to speak to a ghost, what is one question you would ask? I would not want to see ghosts. I am afraid of ghosts in fact.   We see your lean body and agile moves in ‘The Master’s Sun’, and it was difficult to tell that you were previously 86 kg. How did you successfully lose more than 20 kg? I did not lose more than 20 kg at once. I monitored my weight consistently through exercise and diet for a long-term period of 6 months.   Could you share with us a secret of Seo In Guk? Since it is a secret, I cannot say it.   You did a great job on ‘The Master’s Sun’. What is the most memorable experience or difficulty you had on that show? ‘The Master’s Sun’ was filmed in the middle of summer but my role as a security officer required me to be decked in formal wear even at outdoor filming locations. This was most memorable to me.   If you were able to rewrite the show’s script, would you make Tae Gong Sil choose Kang Woo instead of Joo Joong Won? If so, how would you do it? Even if I were able to rewrite the script, I would make Tae Gong Sil choose Joo Joong Won. In this way, Kang Woo’s love would shine!   Which character that you have acted so far has left the most memorable experience so far and why? Playing ‘Yoon Jae’ in Reply 1997 is the most memorable experience for me. ‘Yoon Jae’ is a role that is like a first love to me and we have many similarities together.   We read that you underwent a strict diet and physical exercise for your role on ‘The Master’s Sun’. If your future role requires you to gain a lot of weight or take on an ugly appearance, would you do it? I want to be an actor who is faithful to his assigned role. If it is a character that has to put on a lot of weight and look ugly, I would do some background work in order to immerse myself in that role.   Are you happy with the progress you are making in your career as an actor and singer? There are different charms as an actor and a singer. It is good that I can show various looks by being both at the same time and I feel happy about it.   What do you think is your greatest achievement in 2013? Are there any regrets? I have done various activities in 2013. Though it was hectic, I did not regret doing all of these as they were all good productions and songs.   Are you interested to try other genres – like comedy – or other roles – like antagonist – in dramas or maybe movies? Definitely. Be it a comedy or an action flick, as long as it is a high quality production, I would not mind taking on the challenge.
How do you find inspiration for your music or acting? On rest days at home, I watch many shows and listen to a variety of music genres as much as I can.   What was your childhood ambition? At what age did you realize that you wanted to be a singer? And why did you want to be a singer? Who was your idol? I have dreamt of being a singer since childhood. I had this ambition after watching senior, Kim Jung Min, perform the song “Sad Promise” in the 90s.   How does it feel now that you have made it as a singer-actor, and you are slowly gaining international fans too? I am very happy about it. I want to produce even better work and songs in return for their support. Besides that, I would like to hold an event soon to interact with all my fans.   What do you think makes you stand out among all K-pop artistes? Do you think starting off in a TV reality show has helped you stand out in anyway? I guess I have the ability to show different sides of myself on TV. When I am singing, I do my best as Seo In Guk the singer; and when I am acting, I do my best as Seo In Guk the actor. I think it makes me stand out this way.   How many auditions did you take part in prior to ‘Superstar K’? I worked on my dream for 3 years after coming to Seoul from Ulsan. Of course, I have taken part in many auditions. With all the challenges and eliminations, the determination to reach my goal grew even stronger.   What kind of artiste do you hope to be known for? (e.g. a singer who can write songs, or a singer-actor, host) What are your ambitions for your showbiz career? (e.g. win an award, be famous) I want to be a diversified artiste - an actor with many different ‘colours’ and a singer who performs great songs at the same time. I want to be an artiste doing both fields together for a long time.   Share some of your upcoming projects with us. I have been cast in the movie ‘Wild Dog’ (working title) and I am currently working and focusing hard for this role. I will give positive consideration if I come across any good productions or songs.   Where are your vocal inspirations from? I will look for old hits and music from artists with a long history and listen to them. There is new music and lots of relaxing pieces and I get to learn a lot from them.   You are receiving a lot of attention as a multi-faceted entertainer. What do you think of this? I fulfilled my dream of becoming a singer and I have set a new goal to challenge myself to take on new acting genres. I am grateful to my fans who supported me and followed my progress. I will continue to further pursue my career in both genres and will seek to establish myself as a multi-faceted entertainer.

source http://www.onetvasia.com/blog/one-exclusive-interview-seo-guk

the interview maybe a little outdated, but since everyone is start gather in this thread again, i'm curious with that woman that in guk had a crush on. who is she?
hihi
anyone has a clue?
  • Like 1

The moment I love him equally as a singer and actor is when I saw his live performances of All For You and Our Love Like This with Eunji. Especially with Our Love Like This, since it had so many high notes. He (and Eunji) delivered those high notes perfectly. I can't never get enough of that performance. Then I found out that he compose songs too; he can play piano and guitar, rapping, dancing, etc and those seal the deal for me. I love his musical talent as much as I love his acting talent. :x

@mingmangming I think it was a non-celebrity, someone who he had crush on before he became a celebrity. Perhaps someone in his school? Well, just my guess, I don't know. :D

Since everyone here sharing videos, I think I'll post one too. I also love this performance so much. He owned it!

• Like 1

@mingmangming‌

waaaah! I super love that interview. It shows how smart he is. One of the things I love about him is that he is so charming and smart in interviews. For example, when he was asked about his secrer and his response : "I couldn't tell you because it's a secret". That's a very smart and charming response! I also remember that interview sometime before No Breathing when the mc showed before and after photos of him and he kept saying he wasn't handsome. So cute with that smile on his face! Our boy is really smart and such a good sport! Also that time when he swam on the floor during Hello Counselor. Bwahahaha daebak!

About the girl, I wonder if it's Eunji @popscreen7‌ ? Hehehe do you remember that Taxi episode with Eun Ji Won? Eun Ji Won Oppa revealed that In Guk screamed "saranghae" in the Reply 97 group chatbox? Lol and Eunji kept saying in interviews that she preferred Kim Bum. Awww poor baby In Guk. hehe Just a theory. I dont really know.

Guys I love these videos! it's great to come home to a thread with a lot of information about him :D

• Like 1

Oh em gee those videos! I love them! It shows his English skills, Dancing skills, rapping skills! He has really improved so much in English. I really hope one day he can both sing and speak in English. And that rap! Woahhhhh seriously this guy. Jinjja! So good!

• Like 1

@popscreen7 actually i envy because another celebrities have dating rumour that shared underground when i read comments on forums. hihi
i wonder who actually in guk dating with.

i notice before Vixx join jellyfish ent. in guk is the one who did the rap part in their christmas annual songs.

speaking about eunji @kimnabong did you notice that once at the same periode of time eunji and in guk wore same glasses? hihi
i know both of them are a glass wearer off screen. i notice it when in i live alone in guk wore glasses the same glasses that eunji wore at All For You mv. at that time i just thought "nah, maybe eunji just borrow in guk glasses" but when i saw this selca by eunji (eunji and her group apink often took selcas)
20u1uzl.jpg
i thought "wait a minute, why they have exactly the same glasses. is there anything going on between the two in the past?" hihi

:-/
:-B

• Like 1

@mingmangming Me too! I wondered if something went on with these two in the past.  Remember the Go-show episode with them as guests? I remember an article saying they were very sweet off-cam, even holding hands! I really wondered about that. I was a bit confused when Eunji chose Kim Bum during TWTB press interviews, but when I learned that Kim Bum is dating MGY, i just kept wondering if In Guk and Eunji were really a thing. Did they really have similar glasses? And I really really really really wonder who In Guk is dating right now. He did say however that he will not let the public know about that part of his life. But that convention in Busan where Eunji and In Guk were chosen as ambassadors, that wasn't very long ago. They seemed to have a good relationship there.  For me, I don't mind who he dates as long as he is happy. There are not many names linked to him, though. He was rumored with Go Hye Sun because of the song they collaborated in but I think it was pure work. Im Yoona of course is sooooooooooo out of the prospects. However I do want to know more about his relationship with Lee Ha Na off cam. In Guk and Gong Hyo Jin were quite cute and playful around each other like noona-dongsaeng.  I don't know why I feel this but I think Lee Ha Na is a bit flustered by In Guk. Haha. Just a feeling.  Anyway, of all his leads, Eunji still feels more real off cam. Hehehe. I really wonder who he is dating, but he says he is single right?
Since the topic is about In guk dating, please let me post this. Heheheh

• Like 1

@kimnabong yes, they have exactly the same glasses. i don't have pict with in guk wore the glasses i just grab it from i live alone. it looks a bit different in this below pict, but if you look closely on the video it's the same glasses.
106ed6h.jpg
and eun ji and in guk interaction off screen. hoho
at epi 0 R1997 in guk acted cute and caring to eun ji :x
ah yes, why he and lee ha na didn't have cute bts pic/vid like with his other costars?
is she really flustered by in guk?
that epi of mamma mia is so hillarius when in guk contested by mothers to become their son in law
:))

i, too want to share a vid upload by fan in Taiwan when hoya and eun ji cheered in guk for his fan meeting

;)

maybe he isn't dating someone right now. but who knows.
have you watched vid with in guk and goo hye sun when they had interviewed together for the mv with laughter or with cry?
hahaha, when in guk sang a song to her
;;)
  • Like 1

@mingmangming Ooooooooh so could it be couple glasses?? Hahahaha! I saw that interview video with Go Hye Sun but not when he sang. Do you have a copy of that? Haha he seems so comfortable with the ladies. Such a charmer! Hahahahaha!

Yeah I think she was a bit flustered; I got this observation from these vids:

From 19 seconds to 20 seconds of this vid 

output_NcgUAD.gif

And from 1:14 to 1:17 of this vid:

output_EaQdpU.gif

(too short I know. maybe I'm delulu hahaha)
  • Like 1

@kimnabong i, personally think it's their couple glasses.hahaha

here is the link in guk teased hye sun while he was singing
:D

at go show in guk said he isn't really comfortable while with woman (women) than with man (men). so he actually act like that to them (teasing)
i think not with all ladies he work with he act cute or tease them when i watched bts or interview. like with park min young, sistar, yuri snsd and lee ha na.

is le ha na act like that with all of her costars?
i should check her interaction with so hyuk

;;)

have you listened all of his new mini album "hug"?
  • Like 1