Hairstyles worn by predominantly Asians on People Who Aren't Asians...?

Guest Masugomi

Guest lovinUsuju

lol XD iono how to respond to this~~i think....half asian mixes (say if they're like half african american, mexican, white etc....) have the right to be as asian as they want since they're mixed~~~not just cuz im half taiwanese and polish...but just cuz ..iono ~~just from my perspective~and like~iono to me...when non-asian people try to be asian..kinda makes me a lil ehh~~~like awkward~~~not to be prejudice or anything but like...iono >< hahaha i sound so mean. BUT MY POINT IS! : there are plenty of non asian hairstyles from all over the world that is VERY similar to asian hairstyles! its just..asians make it like x1000000 times BETTER hahahahaha ^^ yup yup~~thats all i gotta say~

• 4 months later...
  • Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Masugomi

lol XD iono how to respond to this~~i think....half asian mixes (say if they're like half african american, mexican, white etc....) have the right to be as asian as they want since they're mixed~~~not just cuz im half taiwanese and polish...but just cuz ..iono ~~just from my perspective~and like~iono to me...when non-asian people try to be asian..kinda makes me a lil ehh~~~like awkward~~~not to be prejudice or anything but like...iono >< hahaha i sound so mean. BUT MY POINT IS! : there are plenty of non asian hairstyles from all over the world that is VERY similar to asian hairstyles! its just..asians make it like x1000000 times BETTER hahahahaha ^^ yup yup~~thats all i gotta say~

Your post made me LOL. It's so cute. I can picture someone trying to say all this but becoming confused with what to say because they don't want to sound mean, jerkish, etc etc. xDDDD

I think... now.. that people should just be able to like what they want, and wear what they want. Not sure why it should matter.... personally, and honestly, i still find myself thinking "Oh why is that person doing that? and this?" but i'm trying to become less judgmental. hehe. I find myself happier seeing people for who they are, rather than how i think they should be.

Guest _kucha

Who cares. Next are we gonna debate about Asian clothing on non-asians. Seriously?

"Oh that person is wearing a top made in China, that's soo wrong." or "That Goth is such a wannabe visual kei wearing japanese."

Come on, Seriously? Everything isn't restricted to one ethniciy/culture/race whatever.

Guest tokurei

it depends on the person's facial structure, really.

but out of the men i've seen that have such hairstyles and aren't asian, none of them can pull it off. :L

Guest daulism

those hairstyles on men, regardless of race, make no difference to me, just the fact that whoever has it has nice hair.

Guest lanziepanzie

a hairstyle to me is a hairstyle.

there doesnt seem to be a distinct asian\caucasian or any other race hairstyle.

i think depending on face shape i guess, you can determine what kind of hairstyle suits you

Guest Daylightful

This thread just generally makes me face palm and just generally hurts.

Asian hair-styles?

Asian or not a hair style is a hair style. Hair styles are for one specific race. It is really sad people think that.

The creator of blue jeans lived in America. So are we going to dis everyone who wears blue jeans that aren't American? I mean, hey--- America technically created blue jeans and it is AMERICAN clothing, right? So stop trying to be American or pretending to be American.

No. Of course Asians that wear blue jeans are trying to be American. Same with hair styles and other things. It's just hair, people. And people who judge others because of a hair style are really silly and it's very sad that the world is like this.

Just leave others alone and let them be whoever they want to be. If anyone wants to wear straight hair and some bangs that's fine, but that totally doesn't mean they're Asian. I've seen tons of race with these "Asian" hair styles and they probably have no idea that these are even called "Asian hair styles." Why? Because it's not a specific race kind of style.

All in all, rock whatever you want. No such thing as Asian hair styles or American jeans. Lol. Enjoy yourself.

Guest plumplum

I think everyone on Soompi needs to stop with the Asian supremacy.

"Asian" hairstyle, huh? I believe I have seen many Asians with afro-styled hair, dredlocks, dying it blonde, etc. Hairstyles are hairstyles, they're for everyone.

Don't bring race into a discussion about who can pull of certain hair.

Guest plumplum

the only real problem i would have with this is people who do this at cosplay stuff..

which luckily i have never had to experience..

but a majority of the people there ARENT asian and to me i think they're trying way too hard..

Wow. What the hell are you talking about? Those who are not Asian who cosplay are not trying to be Asian. They're trying to get into character. Like I said, not everyone who isn't Asian is trying to be Asian. WHAT THE HELL GUYS.

I know that a lot of people just can't cosplay very well, but that has nothing to do with being Asian or not!

Guest Amanda Plz

-_______- What the hell is an Asian hairstyle? Okay, what about those Asians and other races who cornrow their hair? Because I'm black and IDGAF. People try to be xenophobic about everything...Ugh.

Guest AngelGorki

when i saw asian hair style, i thought "i want this hairstylee!" maybe im not asian or asian.. but i really like asian hair style.

I don't see how a hairstyle could be called asian, really. For girls, what is called a "mullet" is considered as "scene" hair here. Except when you're talking about anime-like hairstyles. As long as the person can pull it off, it's fine by me.

Guest daradiridaraduu-

I kinda agree with a little bit of everyone's posts. Except for some of them...

Asians have a different facial structure then americans so they get hairstyles that compliment them.

If an american were to get a hairstyle that would compliment an asian, a lot of the time it turns out kinda awkward.

I'm not saying that to be racist because trust me, im probably one of the most non-racist person you'll meet^^

Right now im talking about how people look in them... and really, unless you pull it off or look kinda asian... then i'd rather see those hairstyles on the asians... Its true that one race does not own a certain hairstyle and just because you are a different race doesn't mean you can't get it... it just looks better on asians imo. Like if your fat you should not wear booty shorts, because .... just because .__. Its nothing against overweight individuals, but booty shorts just don't suit them >.> Unless you like it like that. Lol. You need certain features to pull of certain looks and thats all im talking about :3

Wow. What the hell are you talking about? Those who are not Asian who cosplay are not trying to be Asian. They're trying to get into character. Like I said, not everyone who isn't Asian is trying to be Asian. WHAT THE HELL GUYS.

I know that a lot of people just can't cosplay very well, but that has nothing to do with being Asian or not!

maybe not where you go to school

but trust me, there are those cosplay people in my school

who OPENLY SAY that want to be asian

that's just from my experience, kay?

what you're trying to say isn't a fact.

it's your OPINION which everyone is entitled to.

people need to calm down

Guest Fizzlestickz

^^ LOL! Agreed. People in here are getting all butthurt for nothing.

I think that kind of hair doesn't just look good on Asians, but it looks good on those Emo/scene kids too. Usually it's the awkward skinny emo kids that have the long spikey hair and it looks good.

Guest ly*chee

Everyones already stated that the hair suits the softer features of Asians more :X which is why its more prevalent in that culture because they cut it to suit their facial features. But I don't think it's really Asians thinking their better at all these fob things, its just compared to earlier times there is a lot more people trying to be Asian, and so actual Asians tend to get irked at the sight of it.

I think as long as you have the facial features and hair texture to pull off the look then it has nothing to do with not being Asian. But I don't think this style suits the Asians that I'm seeing in my city :X;; They just look kind of funny.

the only real problem i would have with this is people who do this at cosplay stuff..

which luckily i have never had to experience..

but a majority of the people there ARENT asian and to me i think they're trying way too hard..

What's the big deal? I have seen a lot of white people doing amazing cosplay. I have also seen Asians doing horrible cosplay. And if you are into anime/manga/games you should know that some characters are not even meant to be Japanese. I've watched tons of anime and have seen characters with other ethnicities, mostly european and even black. So, just because they are made by Japanese ppl, it doesn't mean that their cosplayers should be Asians.

Guest UnknownKoreanBoy

i know someone whos half white half asian, he tries to fit in but it just dosen't work

Eh...I never really categorized hairstyles by ethnicity (although there are stereotypical and cultural notions, such as blacks having cornrows, Asian guys having spiked hair, etc)

But since I'm Asian, I pretty much know what you mean by "Asian hairstyles" and frankly, I've actually noticed some of the Asian styles look quite nice on non-Asians. Most particularly I've noticed that some girls who rock the typical fob guy hair pull it off very well.

In general, I could care less and I'm not really gonna judge someone 360 degrees based on their choice in hairstyle. Sure one's hairstyle may say a lot about the person, but whatever floats your boat. If you have the confidence to rock whatever hairstyle you want, more power to you.

Archived