Japan Kao Prettia Bubble Hair Coloring

Guest kimmi.kami

I just dyed my hair with the Prettia Milk Tea Brown and it gave me really uneven coverage :(My roots are dyed but nothing past 2cm of my scalp is :'(This is really disappointing after so many great reviews of how prettia works amazingly. I used henna to dye my hair brown around 2 or 3 months ago because I didn't know it can't lighten hair so could this have stopped the prettia dye from sticking to my hair? It still doesn't really make sense though because the whole underside of my fringe is the colour on the box...
I left it on for 30mins. Did I need to cover it with aluminium foil and use a hair dryer to warm it? Anyone have any ideas why this happened? Or give me advice as to if I should continue to buy this dye? I also have palty available if I want so yeah.
Thanks!

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

ivycui said: I just dyed my hair with the Prettia Milk Tea Brown and it gave me really uneven coverage :(My roots are dyed but nothing past 2cm of my scalp is :'(This is really disappointing after so many great reviews of how prettia works amazingly. I used henna to dye my hair brown around 2 or 3 months ago because I didn't know it can't lighten hair so could this have stopped the prettia dye from sticking to my hair? It still doesn't really make sense though because the whole underside of my fringe is the colour on the box...
I left it on for 30mins. Did I need to cover it with aluminium foil and use a hair dryer to warm it? Anyone have any ideas why this happened? Or give me advice as to if I should continue to buy this dye? I also have palty available if I want so yeah.
Thanks!

cool! :D I'm going to buy another pack today (fingers crossed)How long should I wait till I dye it again?
How long did you leave it on for? And how long do you blow dry?Does this mean my hair is no longer virgin? This morning it seems that in the sun, the colour is kind of lighter than my original so should I get a darker colour?Thanks :D

ivycui said: cool! :D I'm going to buy another pack today (fingers crossed)How long should I wait till I dye it again?
How long did you leave it on for? And how long do you blow dry?Does this mean my hair is no longer virgin? This morning it seems that in the sun, the colour is kind of lighter than my original so should I get a darker colour?Thanks :D

well I used milk tea brown and in the sun, you can see the colour browny orangy. Unless its specific lighting or bright sunlight, you can't see anything.Usually, it looks like I have normal asian black hair :/ No one knew I dyed my hair until I told them... I'm looking for a brown colour, preferably no orange tint. Not sure if I should go for a darker colour this time because its not virgin and I'm leaving it for longer... 
Thanks so much for your help! :D

My friend from school even told me that after using this, her hair got softer/silkier!
Definitely a 'must-try' after I finish my HSC exams here. 8D

Guest JulieXD

Just dyed my hair Jewel peach! As usual the color was not like the swatches on the box. At first I didn't really like it since it looked like a pretty dark brown but, after washing twice it has more red undertone coming though and it is more lighter and glossy compared to Cassie berry which I'm used too. Cant take a picture coz the color always looks completely different =[

The new recipe is definitely a lot better too! My hair was super soft after and the dye was easier to wash out.

• 3 weeks later...
Guest shigatsu008

dyed my hair in a more darker tone with Prettia Rasberry Brown, cause its the last day of summer now here in north carolina (here for a vacation), i used royal brown just a month ago, it kind'a turn into a lighter orange'y brown, and it kind'a doesn't fit the weather anymore... 
BEFORE (it's a lot more lighter than this pic before i dyed my hair with raspberry brown)royal2_zpsf3a2341f.jpg
AFTER (Rasberry Brown, taken on the next day after i dyed.. taken indoor under natural light)prettia02_zps6ad5da10.jpg
(Rasberry brown taken under direct sunlight)prettia01_zps77a1fc72.jpg

if this color will turn lighter again .. i guess im gonna go for a more darker tone like natural ash, dark chocola or antique rose ^_^

• 1 month later...
Guest aigoo20

I Dyed my hair in a caramel brown color and then got sick of it after a few months so I dyed it with blue black i think two months before now. At first it was sooooooo black that some of my friends told me i looked like I dipped my hair in black watercolor XD But now, it faded into a black brown color. Like black indoors that reflects a reddish orangy brown under sunlight and fluorescent light. SO, Im planning on dying my hair with NATURAL ASH and I want to ask, Will it only turn out into a reflection? like it only shows up under sunlight. I dont really want a dramatic change but I also want it to be at least kind of noticeable indoors. SO, Is it a YES or NO? :o :O :o And I really hope you could help me guys  cuz Im planning on rebonding my hair too :o :O :o

1eunmo.jpg
                Caramel Color
d4llz.jpg
      Black Color ( this was a fw days after I dyed it)

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
Guest dolljjang

guuuys, I just tried, KAO liese bubble hair coloring just now. It's my very first time dyeing my hair. I've always had a virgin dark hair before! hehehe... the color turn out to be veeeeery pretty and I love it (ash brown), not as ashy as I wanted it to be, but yeah. it's definitely recommended!!! and very easy to use for a first timer like me ^^

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
Guest mo0nstarr

dolljjang said: guuuys, I just tried, KAO liese bubble hair coloring just now. It's my very first time dyeing my hair. I've always had a virgin dark hair before! hehehe... the color turn out to be veeeeery pretty and I love it (ash brown), not as ashy as I wanted it to be, but yeah. it's definitely recommended!!! and very easy to use for a first timer like me ^^

Guest mo0nstarr

mickey.mouse said: so just a word of advice, if you guys have bleached hair, DO NOT use prettia... it'll turn ur hair purple haha
*ahem.* personal experience

Guest mo0nstarr

_YooMi said: the only thing i did different this time was that i wrapped my head in plastic film after i finished applying the foam. kept it on for 30 minute ish =] a teeny bit patchy but overall, the roots were completely covered, which was my goal :D

Guest mo0nstarr

So I just dyed my hair again yesterday w/ MTB. I DO NOT recommend doing this process w/ in a week but I couldn't stand how bright my hair was.

It all started when I wanted to go lighter from my already DYED dark brown/almost black hair color. The salon refused to bleach my hair, but instead give me really light highlights. Did this not look good to me, felt like a skunk cause it didn't blend well. It was like white stripes on a blk background. So I was on a mission to go lighter.

At 1st I looked into Liese Bubble dye- looked easy to use. But some how ended up w/ Palty Sparkling blonde (turned my hair ORANGE) & milk tea to go over it to tone it down. My hair feels like straw now because I was impatient and did this all in a week.

I would post pictures if I knew how here...

• 2 weeks later...
Guest miraimaxx

Hey, guys~ This is my first post on Soompie (*^^*)Anyway, around December of last year, I had dyed my hair blonde~I used the Sparkling Blonde from Palty!
416939_203948123037238_942980849_n_zpsfa

Sorry for the weird picture, it was the only one I took; I didn't keep it very long, about a week.Since then I've had my hair blonde/black:
284714_112356875529697_5417737_n_zpsc4f1

Then blonde/pink/black, which I liked a bit,though people said it didn't really suit me:
263210_107313132700738_4024510_n_zps87c5

After that I just went to pink/black, which was my favourite, because I was
quite a bit in to Oshare Kei things at that time.
268705_107313112700740_1037176_n_zpsd14c

And then I dyed my hair black, such as in these pictures! Again,sorry they're not great pictures,
but yeah... It's black hair (^^;;
j_zps6cc819f8.jpg

2_zps1d3e0b48.jpg

My hair's been black since then, and it's grown out a bit.(my natural colour is black, but with a brown undertone, I guess.)
My question for this thread, is... I want to bleach my hair again,
and I want to dye it a brown colour, but I'm afraid of how the colour might turn out,
since not everything will take to bleached hair, and since I have a lot of colour underneath.
I was thinking about using a "royal chocolat" colour from Prettia,does anyone have experience with bleached hair and this colour, or a similar one?
e4901301266293_zpsd10aa5b2.jpg
If anyone could help me out with this, I'd appreciate it!
I really want to colour my hair again (>O<)Also, I apologise for all the horrid pictures with sucky lighting, haha!
Thank you (*^^*) ♪

• 2 months later...
Guest strong-bby

Hello! I have a box of prettia foam dye in rose tea brown and I was wondering if anyone wants to buy it from me for $16? Preferably someone that lives in NYC that can meetup with me!

644252_10200615120795599_178569855_n.jpg

644252_10200615120795599_178569855_n.jpg

Archived