[JAPAN MOVIE 2010] HANAMIZUKI ハナミズキ FLOWERING DOGWOOD

Guest t3n5h1_chu_k015h173

TOMA IKUTA, ARAGAKI YUI, ARATA

Movie: Flowering Dogwood (literal title)
Romaji: Hanamizuki
Japanese: ハナミズキ
Director: Nobuhiro Doi
Writer: Noriko Yoshida
Producer:
Cinematographer:
Release Date: Summer 2010
Runtime:
Distributor: Toho
Language: Japanese

Plot

Saki (Yui Aragaki) is a high school student who is studying for her college entrance exams. She hopes to enter a university in Tokyo. Gohei (Toma Ikuta) attends a specialized high school which teaches fishery. He hopes to follow in the footsteps of his father and grandfather. These two young people meet and have a long distance relationship. Although their love is strong it does not last.

10 years later these two people have a miracle ...

Notes

1.Film is based on a 2004 pop song by You Hitoto titled "Hanamizuki".
2.Filming has taken place already in Hokkaido, Japan. Shooting will then move to New York and Canada early 2010.
3."Yui Aragaki" will play Saki as a teenager all the way up to a 28 year career woman. This will be the first time that Yui Aragaki portrays an adult character.
4."Yui Aragaki" will perform some of her lines in English and therefore she is studying English to prepare for her lines.

Cast

Yui Aragaki - Saki
Toma Ikuta - Gohei
Misako Renbutsu
Arata
Yuichi Kimura
Yutaka Matsushige
Osamu Mukai
Hiroko Yakushimaru

aside from gakki and ikuta toma......

Osamu Mukai - :wub:

i definately want to see this movie, lol. it's cool that filming will be in NY and canada!

t3n5h1_chu_k015h173: I've noticed that you make a lot of topics for dramas but you never bother editing the first post with updated information~ It would be nice if you could because that saves us a lot of trouble and I personally thought that everyone who started a topic for dramas/actresses and such had the responsibility to do so.

On another note, I'm quite excited for this movie!! Yui, Osamu and Ikuta altogether sounds really interesting already ^^

xx.jennn

Guest miki_chan

I read somewhere that this will be the last film for Gakky potraying a highschool student?

I can't wait, I never thought of placing Ikuta Toma and Aragaki Yui together at all!

TOMA in the movie???????? and with Gakky???

I really really like both two...

Why I'm too late to know this news???really excited...excited..excited

I'm a huge fan of TOMA-chan....

congratulation... you doing a good job in acting...

really miss your voice ...

waiting this movie :)

whoopps.. i tot it was another movie for Hanakimi... xD

must have gotten the title mixed up.. xD

but yeh! TOMA IKUTA!!! love him in Hanakimi btw.. :)

gonna keep my eye open for this one too~...

thanx for the tip ;)

• 5 months later...

Aragaki Yui In New York

May 03, 2010

Actress Aragaki Yui (21) is currently in New York to film for her new movie "Hanamizuki". In March she and costar Ikuta Toma (25) went to Hokkaido and finished all the domestic scenes for the movie. Now Gakky had to fly overseas by herself to film a couple more scenes in North America, but instead of feeling lonely she showed complete devotion.

The movie is based on Hitoto You's famous song "Hanamizuki" and filming already started back in September. Hanamizuki tells the story of a couple that has been in love with each other for more than 10 years despite all their discrepancies. It's a love story made by the team that already made movies such as "Koizora" and "Nada Soso". Aragaki plays the protagonist Sae who starts out as an ordinary high school girl and ends up being a successful career woman working overseas. She is going to transform from a young girl to an adult woman.

The scenes they are filming in New York right now show Sae, who just graduated from university, working as an editor and pursuing her dreams of become a successful woman overseas. It's an important step in her life as a person and as a woman in order to gain the experience money can't buy. Fortunately she has people around her that support her all the time. Aragaki has never been in New York before and was quite anxious about going overseas, but the atmosphere of Big Apple soon won her over.

She already started taking English lessons back when they were still filming in Japan. The pronunciation and all its nuances was the biggest challenge and she had to study it a lot in order to be able to make ordinary conversations without much of a dialect. It sure must have been very difficult for her, but director Doi Nobuhiro praised her English skills. "She did great and almost sounded like a native speaker in all the scenes with English lines! Soon it was more just about saying her next lines rather than being like 'now I have to speak English'," he said. Some of the extras that got to appear in the public scenes actually thought that she is a native speaker. How much more of a compliment can one get?

Once they've finished all the scenes in New York, they are going to move to Canada for the final scenes. Hanamizuki is

planned to be finished filming by the end of June and will open in Japan on August 21.

Guest PRINCE KYARII

mmm,i like that cast! this movie seems interesting.. i'll check back on this x]

• 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 8 months later...
Guest Fallin_st4rz

Just watched the movie. The story is beautifully written, esp the love between the leads- so pure, touching and beautiful words cant just describe i guess. Although the pace of the story can be abit slow but it really worth watching. Both leads portray their character really well and convincing, their chemistry is so good that you could feel the love between them whenever they look at each other. The music is great too. Would highly recommend this movie :) would definitely re-watch it again!

Archived