Yoon Shi Yoon 윤시윤 | [Movie 2023 "When Our Love Remains As Scent"]

partyon

Translation of his Chinese interview as below. (Disclaimer: may not be in perfect English because brain is tired heh)

To all 韩国风向 fans, hello! I am YSY, nice to meet you!

Q: What have u been recently up to?

A: I've been filming 2D1N after finishing the drama, and busy with photo-shoots and interviews. I'm now doing more interviews, photo-shoots (for magazines etc), I also have one CM (is this for Daiz? Or a new one?) and doing narration work too. I'm also a guest in some shows too (K-fish, happy pyramid 333 I guess?) so I'm very busy.

Q: When will you come to China and work? (question from Chinese fans)

A: When my command of Mandarin is better, so that when I travel between China and Korea, even be it in airports or other places, I can greet people in Mandarin. I want to master Mandarin to a level where I can do simple greetings. When I've mastered to that level of proficiency, I hope that I'll be able to go to China and work. I think this (Mandarin) is the basic for me to be friends with all of you and share our feelings together. Even though we speak different languages, I am currently doing my best to learn the language. But if there's a good project before I can master the language, I'd love to go to China too! Especially since I've heard that my Chinese fans like light works like romantic comedies, I'd like to do a light-ish type of drama in China before I turn old. If they (China) offers me a romcom drama, I really want to go to China again. Everyone, please hope that I'll get  one offer, I am hoping for one too. If we all unite our hearts (literally said 'if we work together') then I believe that day will come soon (he really believes in fate and hope haha).

Q: What do you do when you are depressed (question from Chinese fans)

A: The first thing that comes to one's mind is either alcohol or interest in the opposite sex. I always try to avoid these things that can only give temporary relief or temporary solace (good church boy!). When I'm depressed I'll think, "What should I do?" But if I think/ruminate too much, I'll just stress myself even more. The best thing to do when depressed is to actually let go of all these thoughts. So I'd suggest everyone to just sleep, no matter what happens. Sleep it away. When you sleep, all these tiring and depressing thoughts would disappear (literal phrase of 'throw them behind your head' thus his hand actions at 2:05). This is why rather than drinking or doing other things (naughty boy haha but he's a man so), I think it's better to just sleep instead.

Q: Any video message for your Chinese fans?

A: I'm very grateful that all of you always come visit me in Korea from so far (only 2 hour plane ride? lol), and learn the Korean language eve though it's very difficult. Thank you to everyone who wrote me letters (in hangul I assume). I am very grateful but I still can't 'get active' (i.e. become popular) in China yet, so I always think that it's such a pity and feel sorry to my fans. But rest assured I will never forget you guys. Because I won't neglect all of you so please believe in me too; I will work hard and please everyone in order not to disappoint all of you. I am really looking forward to the day I can meet all of you and I will work hard to prepare for that day. To everyone who has showered me with so much passionate (haha) love, always believed in me, and waited for me, thank you very much. In the near future, I won't let everybody wait for too long, I will go China and visit all of you. Please do watch my dramas and reality show okay? I love you guys! (followed up with he saying it in Mandarin again)

Please buy a copy of this 韩国风向 magazine too, thank you!

• Like 3

His schedule from Daum cafe translated by YSY Baidu Bar: http://tieba.baidu.com/p/4762127138

(I don't know who wrote this though, his manager maybe?)

===============

Venue:(Gyeongi province)河南市미사대로 750 明星赛场(河南市)主大厅

Date:Sep 9 (Friday)

Time:Activity starts from 3pm to 5pm

Contents:Yoon Shi Yoon, Kim Junho, Kim Jongmin/ mc Park blah blah(talkshow concept)

How to participate:Application via cosmo Facebook or direct participation at venue(venue can sit about 100 pax)

Really very sorry about the late itinerary~
This is why I immediately shared this today after our trip from Africa

Thank you for everyone's concerns, we are now safe in Korea~

Now the question is: how do I get a copy of the 韩国风向 magazine? Anyone of you in China? Heh

• Like 2

1 hour ago, escherichia said:

Yah I can't imagine what kind of talk show that would be. Maybe 2D1N related? Hmmm. Or maybe I translated the names wrongly? heh. Can't wait for this week's 2d1n. The other day I was smiling as I slept because YSY is back from Africa lol. 

Your translation is okay, looks like it's for 1N2D since there is a "mission" or the event it's not only for Daiz but to promote the mall opening. I wish I could see the event! not like I would understand everything :P 

• Like 1

More from High Cut BTS, I think she's beautiful but he's more beautiful than her! :P seriously, he is!

This is also from HighCut interview:

Yoon Shiyoon Interview

http://entertain.naver.com/read?oid=076&aid=0002980312

“I showed all my shortcomings, but the members accepted them all. Junho Hyung takes on an antagonistic role with me. He’s normally not a hyung that’s like that, but he makes himself more mischievous. He saves my character too doing that. … (In reference to not really adjusting on Barefoot Friends compared to 1N2D) If I had full makeup on Barefoot Friends, then I’m no makeup on 1N2D. On variety shows, you have to show your own character. ‘If I show the uniqueness of the person called Yoon Shiyoon, there will people that will like it’. When I realized this, I became much more relaxed.”

cr. http://goonggeumhani.tumblr.com/post/149778392092/1n2d-newsbites (There are some cute comments about him here too!)

• Like 2

Looks like YSY is out for the drama "The man living at my house", it's a yay for me, though I really really want to see in a drama asap, this wasn't for me. I should keep quiet since it's not official, haha what if casting team regrets later...

Leon Korea pictorial.

29176343460_d300d90bd9_b.jpg29430471106_53af3deddf_b.jpg

Spoiler

29356539462_16b9591eb0_b.jpg29176343460_d300d90bd9_b.jpg28840460764_57104e0d09_b.jpg29176353270_7de4310873_b.jpg29356523392_6dd74b7d3a_b.jpg28843100773_b460d6dfab_b.jpg29176362330_8091c69b78_b.jpg29176335240_a3a02326d0_b.jpg

• Like 1

6 hours ago, escherichia said:

Aw this is so sad! Where did u get the news from?

I don't care for the actress either but I do want to see him in a drama soon though. He needs to work hard to recapture lost fans and gain new ones! This English subthread for YSY is so quiet now. ;(

These come from yesterday's news: 

http://www.dramabeans.com/2016/09/kim-young-kwang-to-live-in-su-aes-house-for-new-kbs-rom-com/

http://kkuljaem.blogspot.com/2016/09/soo-ae-kim-young-kwang-jo-bo-ah-and-lee.html (awww knetizens want YSY)

Male lead had not been confirmed at that moment, but I just read he has been, not sure. 

I hope our YSY gets a better offer, a man in suit, Daiz now can sponsor his clothes! A sophisticated and sexy gentleman! :flushed:

JJY's ig:

• Like 1

14222218_933666496778934_813682042324082

Happy  Mr. Yoon Si Yoon's 7th debut anniversary! ... Congratulations to him and all his fans ... Wish all the success and happiness in his long life ... Really I'm so glad  to know  such adorable lovely star ... May God bless him in all aspects of his long life forever... :heart:

• Like 1

Yay! 7th anniversary! His birthday is also coming up too. I wonder what his fans would do for this. Oh what I wouldn't give to be in Japan now...... gah.

Btw, I'm really wondering why did YSY not accept that drama. I mean, he even went all the way to dye his hair and style it in the same manner as that male farmer lead. Knowing how dirty the industry is, I just hope that YSY rejected this role and not that it was 'snatched' by someone else because of connections/money.

I hope YSY will get another offer soon. Movie directors, please cast him!

• Like 2

I'm pretty sure he has more offers, hopefully he rejected this because  he has a better one or something else in mind! I want to believe he rejected it, since other actor also rejected it before, maybe it's not an interesting story? who knows what happened! But I'm sure  there are more goods things to come! :)

Today is the Daiz event, I would like to be there! I hope at least to get a lot of photos!

Btw tvN is celebrating 10 years, so it's giving awards, I know FBND is likely to not win anything, just to let you know, it's included in "Best drama" and "Best kiss scene" if any of you want to vote! http://tvn10festival.interest.me/Awards/programs/drama/vote

At least, I'm looking forward to him attending to the ceremony, red carpet and so on! :blush: I want to see him in a tvN drama again!

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, rachelyun said:

I'm pretty sure he has more offers, hopefully he rejected this because  he has a better one or something else in mind! I want to believe he rejected it, since other actor also rejected it before, maybe it's not an interesting story? who knows what happened! But I'm sure  there are more goods things to come! :)

Today is the Daiz event, I would like to be there! I hope at least to get a lot of photos!

Btw tvN is celebrating 10 years, so it's giving awards, I know FBND is likely to not win anything, just to let you know, it's included in "Best drama" and "Best kiss scene" if any of you want to vote! http://tvn10festival.interest.me/Awards/programs/drama/vote

At least, I'm looking forward to him attending to the ceremony, red carpet and so on! :blush: I want to see him in a tvN drama again!

Aww everything is in Korean so I can't read it. How do I vote? is TvN some broadcasting station? Sorry ><

And yeah, I hope he rejected it for other better offers. I really want to see him on TV again. 

Let's hope that fans will post photos of the Daiz event. :)

• Like 1

@escherichia yes, tvN is a cable broadcast station, imo it has better dramas than public stations (I'm always promoting tvN! lol) , it's the one behind Flower Boy Next Door! anyway, I hope this helps you :

Seo Hyun Jin  5 hours agoFeatured by pann-choa.blogspot.com

1. Go to the website http://tvn10festival.interest.... and log in using FB or twitter

2. Categories include TV content (drama) , entertainment, actor , artist, best kiss and best chemi. Click the white part below the picture of what you want to vote for (ALLOWED 3 VOTES PER CAT PER DAY)

3. Select gender and age below and click the white part to submit vote

Note: or you could use google chrome's auto translations. I think TVN has helped with some translation because its rather understandable. And, there are more than 10 nominees per category. The ones listed on PC were actually the real time top votes, of no indication of the total votes ranking :)

• Like 2

Thank you Rachel! I will go and vote now hehe. :)

I am also wondering what these three talked. Like you've mentioned, they are really fashion terrorists... why didn't they invite the younger guy (can never get his name right sorry)? I think he prob has a better fashion sense than these two ajusshi. :D

YSY really looks good though! He really can pull off any color. But why is it the more I see him the more I think he resembles his grandma? Don't you girls think that he's a spitting image of his grandma? He doesn't resemble his mom at all hehe.

• Like 2

Lol, I know but I guess these ahjjussis were there to make fun instead of give real fashion advices.

Again this:

Yoon Si Yoon chooses between TWICE and G-Friend

By alim17   

On September 9, the event 'Fashion Talk Show with Daiz' took place, and actor Yoon Si Yoon was present!

He was asked, "Which girl group do you like better: G-Friend or TWICE?" and he replied, "TWICE.  TWICE was with me on '1 Night 2 Days' before; they had to do a popularity vote, and I did not get a single vote from them, so I was hurt.  That's why when I was the one-day radio DJ, my fans were aware of this or were feeling playful, so they kept requesting TWICE songs.  I want to be chosen by one person out of the TWICE members someday."

He also proved to be a fan boy of the group, seeing their song without instrumental accompaniment live on the spot. 

cr. http://www.allkpop.com/article/2016/09/yoon-si-yoon-chooses-between-twice-and-g-friend

He has his grandma's kind eyes! though I think he looks more like his dad (like a cute and smiling version of him with his mom's jaw and lips):

29616133565_aacae8ce81_b.jpg

• Like 2