Yeah, maybe Korean is still conservative, delivering a child outside Korea maybe they think as non-nationalist manner.. i don't know... it's of course not a crime, but many gossips blew at that time..

here is one of english article i found, have you read this?

Weekend Date: Lee Yo-won

MAY 12, 2005 23:23 by Jung-Bo Suh ( suhchoi@donga.com)

Actress Lee Yo-won (25) kept rolling up and down the tip of her scarf throughout her interview. Her shy smile came first when asked by reporters.

We met Lee Yo-won on May 10 at a shooting place in Bucheon, Gyeonggi Province. She plays the role of a genius designer named “Deomi” in the drama series, “Fashion 70s,” to be aired on SBS from May 23 on Monday and Tuesday (at 9:55 p.m.). She made a comeback two years after her marriage in 2003 when she decided to quit her job.

“When producer Lee Jae-kyu offered me the role, I mulled it over day and night for two days. I was worried that the audience would gossip about me if I made a comeback. I am not the only one who gets mocked now.” While she starred in the drama series titled, “Dae Mang” (Big Dreams) (2002) that aired on SBS for the last time before marriage, she said,” I am not the type for the entertainment industry.” It seemed as if she preferred to live a simple life as a housewife instead of receiving the spotlight in the entertainment industry.

She said, “It is not only a historical drama series but also its producer that attracted me. Producer Lee is the one who produced ‘Da Mo,’ the MBC drama series. I chose to be on the show because I liked the story line. It is not a typical love story, but a story of life and success. My husband encouraged me, saying, ‘Don’t pay too much attention to what others say.’” The show “Fashion 70s” depicts the love and ambitions of four youths against the backdrop of the fashion industry and upper class in the 1970s. Deomi in the series made a surprising debut as a genius designer who succeeded in designing the Bohemian hippie look that was a hit in the 1970s.

She said, “Deomi says whatever she wants to say if it is deemed right. In the advertisement kit, she is described as a ‘Mozart type’ of person, but in fact she is strong outside, but scared and innocent inside. You will see a totally different character from the fragile and weak girls I played in previous series like ‘Blue Fog,’ and ‘Dae Mang’ before I got married.”

Lee’s appearance is more suited for a historical drama series. She admitted herself as a traditionally beautiful actress, saying, “While I was on ‘Kkok Ji,’ the drama series that aired on KBS in 2002, those around me used to tell me I was more suited for historical roles.” It is said that while Kim Min-jung in “Fashion 70s” is more like a rose blossoming bright, Lee Yo-won is more like a mild chrysanthemum in a pastel tone.

Maybe because she is a mother of a two-year-old girl, her passion for acting has become even stronger. She said, “Before I got married, I thought I could make it up if I don’t do it well now, but soon I realized I was arrogant. Now, I feel how precious each scene is. I am working on it now as if it were my ‘last’ work.”

She is also working on the new movie, “Gwang-tae, Gwang-shik’s Brother,” to be released in August. Producer Lee Jae Kyu said, “Deomi, who used to live in a rich family, makes a successful recovery overcoming a miserable life, and I believe Lee Yo-won would be able to act it well.”

Whenever she was asked about her husband, a professional golfer, Park Jin-woo, and her child, her personal agent stopped it, saying, “No questions about her privacy please.” Lee seemed to think her family life should be left untouched. On her marriage for two years, she said, “All I did was cooking, laundry, and watching soap operas, and I wouldn’t have made a comeback as an actress without my husband’s support.

source : http://english.donga.com/srv/service.php3?biid=2005051304988

----

the underline sentences are some i thought as important point..:

"I was worried that the audience would gossip about me if I made a comeback. I am not the only one who gets mocked now." -> means she doesn't wanna have the same experience about the previous gossips, and now she has family, if she got mocked, her family will be hurt too..

"I am not the type for the entertainment industry.” It seemed as if she preferred to live a simple life as a housewife instead of receiving the spotlight in the entertainment industry." -> yeah sometimes she really needs privacy, it's true that losing privacy is a risk of being public figure, but she has different thought

"My husband encouraged me, saying, ‘Don’t pay too much attention to what others say"

"and I wouldn’t have made a comeback as an actress without my husband’s support"

-> Well... i don't know whether we can see Lee Yo Won as Queen Seon Deok or she still continous acting until now without her husband's support.

if her husband didn't encourage her to continue her career, i think she'll never make a comeback again, n we will lose a talented actress like Lee Yo Won.

her husband maybe never apprears with her in a spotlight, but his support is the biggest thing that make Yowon strong :)

Guest natsammi

Hello again...just want to share with you guys Lee Yo Won's NEW photos from her Ragello clothing Fall 2010 collection ad. Very elegant, classy, and beautiful!

To see the new photos, go to the Ragello's website below and click on "Collection" -> "Catalogue"

Ragello WEBSITE

Enjoy!

Guest Deokman_7272k

becoz she wants to protect her family from media attack, she has ever got bad experience with media in her early marriage, before her marriage, she has announced that she will go to United Stated for language Study plus accompanied her husband to get Master degree in San Diego.

But the media blew different issues, they said LYW will stop acting after got married, they also said that her husband and in Laws didn't like her acting carrier and wanted her to stop.

* if you still remember, in MBC Award, in her speech, LYW said thanks to her Father n Mother In Laws right?

Media sometimes like to turn upside down what she said, she has to confirm many times that the issues are wrong, her husband n in laws never ask her to stop acting, they indeed support her acting carrier.

and when she was in United Stated, she did't know that she will get pregnant that fast, so beside studying, she n husband decided to stay longer in USA, yeah to take care of the child, its quiet dangerous if she has to go an back in long trip by plane for the baby. she changed the plan.

But what happened in Korea is, there's gossip that LYW on purpose give birth abroad to avoid MILITARY SERVICE for her child..

What the heck?!but her child is a daughter! :angry:

she has to explain all what the truth, she never wants to have a "Birth Vacation"

(she has said before thet she went abroat to study huh? but media still make gossip) :huh:

Oh I see now I understand. Grabe, I mean too much, I guess gossipers are worst in KOrea than in Philippines. well I learned something here, if your baby was not born in Korea if it's a male he won't experience military service... but then why make a fuss over it...

there's a short exlpainatioan, many articles will come...

So Lee Yo Won can speak and understand English good...

that's why she really want to protect her family...

Hello again...just want to share with you guys Lee Yo Won's NEW photos from her Ragello clothing Fall 2010 collection ad. Very elegant, classy, and beautiful!

To see the new photos, go to the Ragello's website below and click on "Collection" -> "Catalogue"

Ragello WEBSITE

Enjoy!

Thx natsammi, this is my first time to see Ragello's website, haha. full of Lee Yo Won, Love it ! :lol:

Oh I see now I understand. Grabe, I mean too much, I guess gossipers are worst in KOrea than in Philippines. well I learned something here, if your baby was not born in Korea if it's a male he won't experience military service... but then why make a fuss over it...

So Lee Yo Won can speak and understand English good...

yeah Netizen in Korea are sometimes harsh when they criticize..

they want their Idol to be perfect...hmmm.... i heard some stars are distress becoz of netizen's critics........

errr... Korean is also a country where the actor n actress have plastic surgery the most right? yeah becoz they wanna looked perfect in front of their fans....

Millitary Service is something important.... Kim Nam Gil have to rush finishing Bad Guy becoz of Military Service, so does Lee Dong Wook , he has to finishing Bean Paste in a rush due to his military service schedule

yeah I guess she can speak english, don't know how fluent, but since she has ever been living in USA and having abroad vacation for many times, she must be good at it ^_^

Guest Deokman_7272k

Thx natsammi, this is my first time to see Ragello's website, haha. full of Lee Yo Won, Love it ! :lol:

yeah Netizen in Korea are sometimes harsh when they criticize..

they want their Idol to be perfect...hmmm.... i heard some stars are distress becoz of netizen's critics........

errr... Korean is also a country where the actor n actress have plastic surgery the most right? yeah becoz they wanna looked perfect in front of their fans....

Millitary Service is something important.... Kim Nam Gil have to rush finishing Bad Guy becoz of Military Service, so does Lee Dong Wook , he has to finishing Bean Paste in a rush due to his military service schedule

yeah I guess she can speak english, don't know how fluent, but since she has ever been living in USA and having abroad vacation for many times, she must be good at it ^_^

well even in the philippines cosmetic surgery is prevalent... but we took it as a natural thing, no big deal like how others talked about it..... well it's always easier to criticize because it made me you feel perfect because you bad mouth other person as if you don't have flaws yourself...

Guest psyche37rain

Hello everyone! I've been busy at work so I haven't been here for a long time.

The Ragello pictures are beautiful!

Anyway, looks like our Queen won;t be visiting Philippines. I haven't heard any news yet. QSD already ended here and if LYW is visiting, she should have a week before QSD ended or right after it ended but she didn't so I guess there's really no fans day that will happen here. Too sad...

I'm still at my withdrawal stage with QSD and is still watching DVD reruns every weekend to satisfy my LYW need. Hehe...

yeah thx photbeo for posting Bean Paste images

here, it seems LYW's new movie will be premiere soon, maybe in October,

Pusan International Film Festival has schedule MISO / Bean Paste to be premiere

"Miso" in the Pusan International Film Festival first public screening

Films released the day of the program is visible through the Pusan International Film Festival, Korea's first film as a movie are being released.

Director of imsunrye 'cattle to travel with the law and the director of Thyrotoxic' late fall ', group director of Being 'Miso'with a gala presentation, the first public sector, and Kim Soo-hyun directed the New Currents section of the 'shame', directed by yunseonghyeon 'gatekeepers', Director of bakjeongbeom' collapsed diary for the first time and meet the audience.

'Paste' and 'embarrassed' that draws attention to the appearance of a star actor. 'Paste' the ryuseungryong, LDW, and starred Lee took, 'embarrassing' and his face reflected in the time Tuesday gimkkotbi seohyeonjin

PIFF Website : http://www.piff.org/kor/html/program/prog_list.asp?c_idx=28&sp_idx=&QueryStep=2

Thanks for the article, Ninimi.  No, I haven’t read it before.  I was only joking about the crime part.  The press loves to write gossip because it sales big time, especially about the famous star like Yowon.  I don’t think there’s a big deal about her daughter was born in the US, but people want to know more about her since she’s the public figure, so the press and media just make up some trash so people can read, listen and criticize, just for the heck of it or make them feel better as if they don’t have any flaws themselves.

I have so much respect for Yowon.  Although she’s famous, she doesn’t want to be the center of attention.  She’s very low-profile.  From how I see her demeanor on the video clips or read about her in the interviews, she looks and sounds humble.  That makes me even admire her more and more.  We should be grateful that her husband is very supporting of her continuing acting; otherwise we wouldn’t be so much joyful about QSD.  Yowon was phenomenal for her role.  Gotta love her husband too, guys.

Hello everyone! I've been busy at work so I haven't been here for a long time.

The Ragello pictures are beautiful!

Anyway, looks like our Queen won;t be visiting Philippines. I haven't heard any news yet. QSD already ended here and if LYW is visiting, she should have a week before QSD ended or right after it ended but she didn't so I guess there's really no fans day that will happen here. Too sad...

I'm still at my withdrawal stage with QSD and is still watching DVD reruns every weekend to satisfy my LYW need. Hehe...

Those Ragello pics are absolutely classy!  Such graceful, elegant and beautiful Yowon exudes.

As for QSD, I still think and watch every day to ease my pain for waiting of her new product.