Haha, you remind me of The Heirs, which I dropped after 1 and a half episode, because it's too unrealistic and dreamy. The heroine is a high-school girl who is the daughter of a helper. But she has brand phone and some not so cheap stuffs. Adding to that, she can afford a trip to US alone all of sudden. Like what's the heck? how? Korean citizens don't need visa to US? and she doesn't need to prepare money, information before the trip, just goes if she's pleased? 

Some LYW's old dramas like Pure heart or SBDH have more realistic circumstances... think sponsoring to dramas was not popular at that time. 

I'm honestly worried if LYW plays a poor (or not rich) characters in her upcoming dramas, and she uses luxurious things :lol:. With her impressive fashion shows in recent dramas, I think brands will gladly sponsor her wardrobe, cars, phones... -_-

Yeah back then they were more realistic, when a character is poor, you will rarely see one wearing make up and if they do then it's so natural that you won't think the actress was wearing one. Nowadays, even though they were all dirty, messy and all, their make  up is still obvious and the messy hair is obviosly made up not to ruin their looks.

Haha everytime I see LYW in SBDH I still couldn't believe that she agreed to have that hairstyle. I wonder too how LYW will act now if she's playing a poor character...

I wonder if this is the same as the one LYW wore in SAC during her drunk scene.

17 hours ago, yanki said:

Yeah back then they were more realistic, when a character is poor, you will rarely see one wearing make up and if they do then it's so natural that you won't think the actress was wearing one. Nowadays, even though they were all dirty, messy and all, their make  up is still obvious and the messy hair is obviosly made up not to ruin their looks.

Haha everytime I see LYW in SBDH I still couldn't believe that she agreed to have that hairstyle. I wonder too how LYW will act now if she's playing a poor character...

Yes, in PH and SBHD, when LYW's characters are sick, the pale make-up makes them look like ones; while nowadays, even when actors are in serious illness (and about to die), they are still glowing, haha. Guess it's Korean's motto: always take care of your looking even when you are poor or in mess or sick! 

Am I the only one here thinking BDH's curly hair is cute? haha. I meant, it's really cute, weirdly cute, adding to her youthfulness and naivety of a countryside girl. I fall in love with LYW because of BDH. 

I prefer her to reject the wardrobe sponsor if she takes the poor roles. QSD maybe sad, haha. But she would look fine too, like this: 

22528185_1156517544447843_18468250061688

or this 

23131009_1167448853354712_52737473328160

or this :D

3b5327cbc511a35e685b406b7f228330.jpg

• Like 1
  • LOL 1

I also think her hairstyle in SBDH is cute and funny at the same time.  I wanted to re-watch but I can’t handle she got scolded quite a lot.  It’s one of the best dramas of Yowon though.

• Like 1

How would you chingu rank her dramas among your favs?

I would assume these are the top 5 in no particular order:

QSD

49D

ASC

EOG

SBDH

NL might not be popular on this forum but you can tell there’re a lot of passionate fans in Asia.  I wonder if anyone here would replace one of the above and pick NL as your fav? 

I understand her character Seo Yi Kyung is really charming to the max. 

If there are 2 ranking categories: story-wise and character-wise, NL's Seo Yi Kyung is on top 5 for me.

My rank:

-Story-wise: QSD = SBDH > 49D > ASC > PH

(QSD is best of the best, but SBHD is my bias, so... -_-)

-Character-wise: BDH > QSD > Choi Seo Yoon > Seo Yi Kyung > Kim Jung Hye

(KJH is not an ideal woman, but I love her character's development through the drama)  

9 hours ago, vaiduakhu said:

This blouse, you meant?

ah so it was really that blouse it look so beautiful... but the price haha!

the drunk scene and your hopeless non-existence ship

22853044_1164774970288767_82019283307403

Hahaha my ship! they look so beautiful together, too bad they didn't even left the bay lol. Aww I miss them.

Yes, in PH and SBHD, when LYW's characters are sick, the pale make-up makes them look like ones; while nowadays, even when actors are in serious illness (and about to die), they are still glowing, haha.

Hahah yeah. I remember in the drama Autumn in my Heart, Song Hye Kyo really look sick in her scenes where she was sick. I don't see that anymore in the latest drama.

7 hours ago, QSD said:

How would you chingu rank her dramas among your favs?

QSD = I could re-watch this every year lol

49 Days = I really love Yi Kyung's character and her acting in that drama.

ASC

SBDH

I also like Night life at first but the story got so messy(at least for me) that it was really such a waste.

My least favorite is the Horse Doctor. How about you?

Man, at least I finished HD, so HD is ok for me.

I think I'm the only LYW's fan who paused watching Bad love, Ms. Temper and NL due to various reasons, and can't find passion to resume watching. :unsure: I don't know which one is my least favourite. 

Even Seo Yi Kyung's hardcore fan in my country says NL's story is such a waste of LYW's acting, especially the 2nd half. However, thank to that series, LYW gains many new fan. I'm also a fan of Seo Yi Kyung, but not NL. 

QSD – I truly believe it is one of the best dramas has ever produced in the history of mankind, not just for Yowon’s career thus far.  The story, direction, characters, performances, soundtracks, costumes, cinematography, and editing are exceptionally presented.  It’s the production which isn’t easy to duplicate for its greatness.

Let’s continue on discussing QSD, Yanki.  The addiction lives on.  Here it comes… there was a guy who trying to assassinate Yushin’s father and failed but he framed Deokman for it.  How come he had a grudge against the father of Yushin?

49D – it’s the second most re-playing views for me after QSD. 

The rest are ASC, SBDH and PH.

Although I don’t think NL and MT have better scripts than SBDH & PH, I still prefer to re-watch the former rather than the later for their characters.

In term of character-wise:  QSD>Choi Seo Yoon>Seo Yi Kyung>Kim Jung Hye>Ok Da Jung

I’m not really critical when it comes to watching dramas/movies or for anything in life.  So the drama I’m not too fond the most is HD.  For the fact I couldn’t believe why they changed from the original script which they have planned for 2 years.  It’s such a waste of her talents and time for a 50-ep series.  If there’s anything I can bash eternally this is the one.

• Like 2

45 minutes ago, QSD said:

QSD – I truly believe it is one of the best dramas has ever produced in the history of mankind, not just for Yowon’s career thus far.  The story, direction, characters, performances, soundtracks, costumes, cinematography, and editing are exceptionally presented.  It’s the production which isn’t easy to duplicate for its greatness.

Let’s continue on discussing QSD, Yanki.  The addiction lives on.  Here it comes… there was a guy who trying to assassinate Yushin’s father and failed but he framed Deokman for it.  How come he had a grudge against the father of Yushin?

I’m not really critical when it comes to watching dramas/movies or for anything in life.  So the drama I’m not too fond the most is HD.  For the fact I couldn’t believe why they changed from the original script which they have planned for 2 years.  It’s such a waste of her talents and time for a 50-ep series.  If there’s anything I can bash eternally this is the one.

Agree abt QSD. We're like a bunch of proud fan here, but it's simply fact, FACTO (in Joo Gil-Yeon's accent :lol:

You are re-watching QSD now? haha... I'm busy these days, but probably will find time to check more abt Yushin, the one I always skipped when re-watching. My guess is, the assassin is Gaya person, who has a grudge on Yushin's dad for "betraying" Gaya by working for the current reign (DM's dad)? 

HD script changed? how? 

• Like 2

7 hours ago, QSD said:

I agree with you. There are so many flaws and plot holes and things that doesn't make sense but there's just something about it that makes it so interesting. I also love how the writers played with symbolism and used small details as part of the story later on (example: the books and magnifying glass that Deokman received from her foreign friend in the desert, at first it seems that it's only use was for the young Deokman to get caught then later on we saw that the book has an important part to play and so is the magnifying glass) I love those small details being used later on. And some things just became clear after re-watching it.

7 hours ago, QSD said:

Haha I just read a comment on Youtube about QSD since they only watched it for the first time and loved it and was just talked about QSD in other thread as well, it's almost 10 years since it was aired but still get new fans. So sad I can't get my sister to watch it.

I only remember one assassination attempt so I am not sure if this is what you are talking about, is this after a party?. That guy was a Gaya refugee and Bojong asked him to assassinate Yushin's father because Bojong was upset that Yushin's father got all the praises for what he did in the war instead of his father Seolwon and Mishil was making them jealous by acting that she was impressed by Yushin's father. So Bojong asked that guy to assassinate him and that guy agreed out of hatred towards Yushin's family for betraying the Gaya (Yushin's grandfather was a royal of Gaya but choose to surrender to Silla)

Talking about QSD, LYW actually look like a boy sometimes lol I even thought she look handsome in some scenes haha.

• Like 1

22 hours ago, vaiduakhu said:

Agree abt QSD. We're like a bunch of proud fan here, but it's simply fact, FACTO (in Joo Gil-Yeon's accent :lol:

You are re-watching QSD now? haha... I'm busy these days, but probably will find time to check more abt Yushin, the one I always skipped when re-watching. My guess is, the assassin is Gaya person, who has a grudge on Yushin's dad for "betraying" Gaya by working for the current reign (DM's dad)? 

HD script changed? how? 

For our own good we’re better off to wiping out that title from our minds and never ever mentioning it again.  But here’s for your info.  It’s a time about a year or 2 passed by after its airing when they had an interview with the PD.  He said in the original script her role was supposed to be a great doctor also who could rival the skills of the other animal doctor.  But it didn’t happen in the actual drama.  He didn’t disclose real reason behind it why they didn’t follow as originally planned though.

15 hours ago, yanki said:

I only remember one assassination attempt so I am not sure if this is what you are talking about, is this after a party?. That guy was a Gaya refugee and Bojong asked him to assassinate Yushin's father because Bojong was upset that Yushin's father got all the praises for what he did in the war instead of his father Seolwon and Mishil was making them jealous by acting that she was impressed by Yushin's father. So Bojong asked that guy to assassinate him and that guy agreed out of hatred towards Yushin's family for betraying the Gaya (Yushin's grandfather was a royal of Gaya but choose to surrender to Silla)

Talking about QSD, LYW actually look like a boy sometimes lol I even thought she look handsome in some scenes haha.

Yeah that’s the one after the party.  I’m now wondering is there anything you don’t remember in QSD, Yanki?  That’s the question.

Impressive memory you got.  I only know the assassin is Gaya related but I don’t recall anything about Yushin’s grandpa surrendering to Shilla and the details as you described which led him to take such action.

I do think Deokman looks like a boy and handsome in some scenes also.  If I can recall correctly they are the parts in the early ep when she meets Cheonmyeong every often complaining about Yushin being harsh to her.  The handsome one I think is when Deokman wearing a royal armor.  She looks dashing on a horse.

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, QSD said:

Yeah that’s the one after the party.  I’m now wondering is there anything you don’t remember in QSD, Yanki?  That’s the question.

Lol I don't remember much of what happened during Bidam's time as inspector and things that happened after Yushin was framed up by Bidam, I couldn't bear watch those scenes so I often skip them.

6 hours ago, QSD said:

I don’t recall anything about Yushin’s grandpa surrendering to Shilla and the details as you described which led him to take such action

I am not sure which of them explain it but there was a scene where they explained by Yushin's grandfather did what he did (maybe they explained it to Wolya or someone else) Actually I was very confused with that part since Yushin was a Gaya Royal but then on the other hand they also said Wolya is the last prince of Gaya... but maybe it's because there are many prince at that time lol that really confused me that time though.

For me Deokman look handsome during Bidam's appearance lol while watching it for the first time, I kept wondering why Cheonmyeong didn't fall for Deokman lol.

6 hours ago, QSD said:

HD script changed? how? 

and here I was, wondering what HD means, so you were talking about Horse Doctor lol.

I was surprised with her character from HD, when I saw it on TV for the first time, I thought "isn't this Queen Seondeok?" but her character was very minor... like a supporting character and she look younger in HD so I thought maybe it was one of her dramas before she did QSD but then after I google it, I really wondered why she choose that role.

I was annoyed at MBC at that time and thought she should never accept any drama from MBC again, they were already bias towards her during QSD era where they hype Mishil's character too much and constantly made it seems that viewers were only interested in the drama because of her and with HD.

• Like 2

11 hours ago, QSD said:

For our own good we’re better off to wiping out that title from our minds and never ever mentioning it again.  But here’s for your info.  It’s a time about a year or 2 passed by after its airing when they had an interview with the PD.  He said in the original script her role was supposed to be a great doctor also who could rival the skills of the other animal doctor.  But it didn’t happen in the actual drama.  He didn’t disclose real reason behind it why they didn’t follow as originally planned though.

Impressive memory you got.  I only know the assassin is Gaya related but I don’t recall anything about Yushin’s grandpa surrendering to Shilla and the details as you described which led him to take such action.

WTH? How on the earth? who is the "genius" thinking it's a good idea to change the original script? we need to talk... Seriously!!!

It's not that because we're LYW's fan, so we blame HD's production team for making LYW's role minor there... but Beak Gang Huyn's center makes the drama damn boring, like " woa, he's living God, he will succeed no matter how hard the case is, everyone worships him. THE END!". Not only LYW's role, everyone's in HD is minor. Learning from QSD, most of characters involving in the story have important contribution, like Sowha, Chisuk, DM's Hwarang fellows, Mishil's gang... All contribute to the story. Unlike HD, all are background for BGH to shine. My goodness... I'm so mad! 

Funny thing is that the actor playing BGH received Daesang award for that role, and in a recent interview, he frankly said that ppl should stop praising/asking him abt that Daesang, he didn't wanna talk about it and it was a mistake (implying that he didn't deserve it). The actor is a veteran, top actor. 

Ok, you are right, we better erase HD out of discussion, for the sake of our blood pressure. 

Abt Yanki, *whisper* she re-watches QSD every year, as a ritual to mourn over her sinking Bideok ship :lol: I admire her patience for watching and remembering all details, even the small ones. The last time I re-watched few episode of QSD is 2 year ago or so, and I only watched my fav scenes of DM. (I just re-marathoned SBDH recently though). 

If you guys didn't mention, I wouldn't recall that YS's dad was assassinated by a Gaya person, let alone it was Bojong's plan.

We get QSD's expert here. I'm sure the actors themselves don't know abt QSD's story as much as you two. 

• LOL 1

5 hours ago, yanki said:

For me Deokman look handsome during Bidam's appearance lol while watching it for the first time, I kept wondering why Cheonmyeong didn't fall for Deokman lol.

I'm too lazy to check, so need to ask you two experts: "Cheonmyeong knew DM was a girl all the time, didn't she?" I don't remember how, but first time they met, she knew DM was a girl, right? 

Yeah, If I were Cheonmyeong, I would fall for DM, instead of YS, lol :lol: I cracked up when MS and her brother said DM was a pretty boy, and MS even flirted with DM ^_^

13 hours ago, vaiduakhu said:

WTH? How on the earth? who is the "genius" thinking it's a good idea to change the original script? we need to talk... Seriously!!!

It's not that because we're LYW's fan, so we blame HD's production team for making LYW's role minor there... but Beak Gang Huyn's center makes the drama damn boring, like " woa, he's living God, he will succeed no matter how hard the case is, everyone worships him. THE END!". Not only LYW's role, everyone's in HD is minor. Learning from QSD, most of characters involving in the story have important contribution, like Sowha, Chisuk, DM's Hwarang fellows, Mishil's gang... All contribute to the story. Unlike HD, all are background for BGH to shine. My goodness... I'm so mad! 

Funny thing is that the actor playing BGH received Daesang award for that role, and in a recent interview, he frankly said that ppl should stop praising/asking him abt that Daesang, he didn't wanna talk about it and it was a mistake (implying that he didn't deserve it). The actor is a veteran, top actor. 

Oh wow didn’t know he had a recent interview talking about it.  Thanks for posting and to the actor for finally admitting the truth.  Deep inside he knew what exactly had happened during the production.  After all it is a known fact that he is a friend of that “genius” person, a producer. 

13 hours ago, vaiduakhu said:

I'm too lazy to check, so need to ask you two experts: "Cheonmyeong knew DM was a girl all the time, didn't she?" I don't remember how, but first time they met, she knew DM was a girl, right? 

Yeah, If I were Cheonmyeong, I would fall for DM, instead of YS, lol :lol: I cracked up when MS and her brother said DM was a pretty boy, and MS even flirted with DM ^_^

I don't think she knows until Yushin revealing to her.  Is it right, Yanki?

28 minutes ago, QSD said:

Oh wow didn’t know he had a recent interview talking about it.  Thanks for posting and to the actor for finally admitting the truth.  Deep inside he knew what exactly had happened during the production.  After all it is a known fact that he is a friend of that “genius” person, a producer. 

This is the article abt his interview:

https://www.soompi.com/2014/02/27/jo-seung-woo-says-he-didnt-deserve-the-mbc-drama-daesang-for-horse-doctor/

Correction: the article is not abt his recent interview (back in 2014), but recently, he mentioned it again in another interview, but I couldn't find it.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

19 hours ago, vaiduakhu said:

Yeah Cheonmyeong didn't know that Deokman is a girl, that's why when she was trying to find out the truth about her twin and all of the signs were pointing to Deokman, the only problem she had was that, she's a man. And yeah, Yushin told her that she's a woman  since he saw her bathing lol (did Yushin peep on him?)

Cheonmyeong and Deokman were very close even when they were teenagers, so I always wondered why Cheonmyeong never fell for him. She was meeting DeokMAN secretly even in the middle of the night so I thought :-o If I didn't know they were twins I would've ship them lol haha.

Oh I didn't know that the actor himself wasn't happy about the award, I at least admire him for being honest to himself. Whoever that "genius" is, I really dislike him that time.

Since we already talked about LYW's costumes in her other dramas. Which costume from QSD did you like?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1