Moon Geun Young 문근영

kanzcech

• Replies 6.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Know why actress Moon Geun Young won't date Lee Kwang Soo

imglee-kwang-soo.jpg

Actor Lee Kwang Soo won't get a chance to date Moon Geun Young. During the recent airing of Running Man, when contacted, the My Little Bride actress stated that her ideal type keeps changing , and apparently she has moved on from Kwang Soo already.

During the September 25 broadcast of the SBS variety show, Running Man, Kwang Soo decides to call one of the Korean idols who tagged him as her ideal type. He then searches on the internet, and numerous names pop out on the screen including Moon Geun Young, Apink's Jung Eun Ji, model Kang Seung Hyun, After School's UEE, and Secret's Song Ji Eun.

Out of all the beautiful faces, Asia's Prince picks up  Geun Young and makes a phone call to her. When asked if the South Korean actress chose Kwang Soo as her best match, the 29-year-old surprisingly replied:"It's not like that. Doesn't an ideal type always change?"

She then laughingly relays: "Now I'm willing to try dating anyone once, " and ends the call by saying that she just wants to date a lot.

923c1b_46a07d5386934d74a660ea287b05ccb4~

Few months back The Throne actress picked  Kwang Soo as her ideal type citing his considerate personality. Elaborating her selection further, Geun Young stated: "Well, he is the tallest one in the group. Plus, he is an attentive and considerate person." 

"He's the type of guy who will always look out for you," she said

cr:ibtimes

[Instagram] Moon Geun Young Instagram Update 2016.10.01

14516415_1248123895223758_16396342962225

#note when re-posting COPY/CREDIT the source!

@aka_moons: Diroring~ Sarigomtanghamnidang(I love you(bears)) a lot for real~

#Fornottakingcareof #ouroneyearanniversarytoo#yourbirthdaytoo #I’mreallysorry #It'shard#tobepretty #fortunatelytoday #Ilookokayright?  #Althoughitsraining #(have a)goodday #Bearsyongkies-ah #Day380

Note: DCBH celebrated their 8th birthday on September 26th.

Trans by: MGYIFC

[Instagram] Moon Geun Young Instagram Update 2016.10.04
Note when re-posting COPY/CREDIT the source!

@aka_moons: #Movie #A.I
Watching this movie again after a long time. I cried a lot.

14572167_1250646881638126_56426923764282

@aka_moons: #Movie #SevenPounds
A lot of sympathy went to the movie. Therefore, it was sad.

14469451_1250649118304569_71393275209482

@aka_moons: #Movie #Demolition
A feeling of being struck, at a point when it was unexpected.

14595765_1250649558304525_11920426309589

@aka_moons: #Movie #TheIncident
What is life? A movie that made me think (about that question).

14573049_1250654324970715_53864769452871

@aka_moons: #Movie #TheSecretLifeofWalterMitty
A movie that gave a stimulus from the beginning to the middle ‘like this,’ and at the end ‘like that’ became comforting.

14479756_1250657244970423_49352569224012

@aka_moons: #Movie #BornToBeBlue
People in the arts can’t help it (have no choice in doing what performers do).

14495243_1250695881633226_21750870652190

@aka_moons: #Movie #EternalSunshine
Say what you will, my most cherished movie.

14494606_1250696564966491_78278774607590

@aka_moons: #Movie #BigHero6
The one question that created great wailing (made me cry my heart out). 
Are you satisfied with your care?

#Day382

14595694_1250696981633116_76515158107013

It so sad that i can only see her instagram update at this forum as of now:( i hope she will get a new drama soon so that we can get bts update too.. but the thing with MGY she always wait about two years or maybe more before comeback with a drama T_T i hope not this time. And now i heard she in talks to play juliet in 'romeo and juliet' play, i did happy but i really wish thats a drama instead:( because i cant watch any play since it is in korea T_T

Moon Geun Young and Park Jung Min to Star in Play 'Romeo and Juliet'

923c1b_c8007425768e4bd890cd06d0e3351639~

Moon Geun Young and Park Jung Min will transform themselves into 'Romeo and Juliet.'

On October 7, an entertainment official said to Daily Sports, "Moon Geun Young and Park Jung Min will take the leading characters in upcoming year-end play 'Romeo and Juliet'." 

'Romeo and Juliet' is not just merely fiction, but it has been re-interpreted into many kinds of works, such as movies. It is a five-act tragedy play from British playwright Shakespeare. In this work, a couple's love comes to a tragic end because of a feud between households.

This is Moon Geun Young's first play since 'Closer' in 2010. At that time, Moon Geun Young used to be only seen on television and the big screen, so her theater performance produced a fresh response. Park Jung Min will rise to the stage after two years since 'The Escape of G-Code' in 2014. Since Moon Geun Young and Park Jung Min were born in 1987 and are undisputed in acting, the interest inside and outside of the theatrical world for these two people is high. Furthermore, raise your expectations even more for the global masterpiece 'Romeo and Juliet.'

NamooActors has not confirmed that Moon Geun Young is taking the role. The first performance of 'Romeo and Juliet' begins at the end of this year.

Source: Daily Sports - Naver News

Translation: Moon Geun Young International Fanclub (MGYIFC)

Moon Geun Young to play Juliet in 'Romeo and Juliet' this winter?

moon-geun-young_1475872132_af_org.jpg

Moon Geun Young and Park Jung Min are being considered to play the lead roles inShakespeare's 'Romeo and Juliet,' the play. 

Sem Company will be in charge of the play's production and they announced on October 7 that the two actors have not yet signed on but are both expressing positive interest. 

The play will go on stage in early December of this year. Do you want to see Moon Geun Young take on the role of Juliet?

cr:http://www.allkpop.com/article/2016/10/moon-geun-young-to-play-juliet-in-romeo-and-juliet-this-winter

• 2 weeks later...

Moon Geun Young Confirmed to Star in Play 'Romeo and Juliet'

923c1b_5277ade8d1874a2ab43d8db850ee2f58~

Actors Park Jung Min and Moon Geun Young will transform into the most sexual Romeo and Juliet ever.

Newly appearing in 2016, the 'Romeo and Juliet' special and unusual casting has gathered talk. The main characters are Park Jung Min, an established Chungmuro mainstream actor, and Moon Geun Young, who possesses a wide-spectrum 18 year-acting career. 

Recently, Park Jung Min received the Rookie Actor award at the Baeksang Arts Awards for the movie 'Dongju', foretelling the birth of an in-depth interpretation of original character's personality and an even fresher three-dimensional Romeo. Moon Geun Young, a top actress in Korea with 18 years of experience and a broad spectrum foundation, is returning to the stage after 6 years since the 2010 play 'Closer'. Moon Geun Young is expected to give a passionate performance and transform into a pure and captivating Juliet, expressing a delicate, unconditional, and incorruptible spirit that is willing to protect their love from their disapproving families, social constraints, to death and beyond.

This time, the disclosed Romeo and Juliet character posters covered the internet with an explosive reaction. The posters clearly show a hot passionate teenage love, pure and unconditional feelings, and at the same time a sexual and dreamlike image.

The two main actors will endure the weight and burden of rising to the theater stage with Shakespeare’s work, implying a strong commitment. Especially, the casting news approached with an exceptional, fresh, and strong impression because theater enthusiasts as well as the general public were aware of them.

Anticipation is gathering for how the same-age couple, Park Jung Min and Moon Geun Young, will express Shakespeare's romantic tragedy, the greatest literary work passed down throughout humanity for hundreds of years. 'Romeo and Juliet' will be coming on December 9, opening in the Daloreum Hall of the National Theater.

14691132_1256898747679606_72608806388220923c1b_219d438a0e1947d59f531d1f4a296344~

Source: Donga Sports - Naver News

Photo: Sem Company

Translation: Moon Geun Young International Fanclub (MGYIFC)

Moon Geun Young and Park Jung Min are star-crossed lovers in 'Romeo and Juliet' posters

park-jung-min-moon-geun-young_1476363564

Moon Geun Young and Park Jung Min will be playing star-crossed lovers in the upcoming theater play of 'Romeo and Juliet'. 

Poster cuts of the two actors released on October 13 confirmed they were cast in the leading roles. Park Jung Min recently showed his acting chips in the movie 'Dongju' for which he received a rookie actor's award at the Baeksang Art Award Ceremony. As seen in the posters below, it looks like their love story will be a case when opposites attract.

The 'Romeo and Juliet' play is opening this December.

cr:

http://www.allkpop.com/article/2016/10/moon-geun-young-and-park-jung-min-are-star-crossed-lovers-in-romeo-and-juliet-posters

[Instagram] Moon Geun Young Instagram Update 2016.10.20

14705699_1263332730369541_26242360836727

@aka_moons: In your elegance, in your arduousness, I express insurmountable respect.
#ParkJungMin #UsefulHuman** #Pleasegive #lotsoflove #Day398

**Note: 'Useful Human' is a book written by Park Jung Min, who is Moons' co-star in her upcoming play 'Romeo and Juliet'. It is a collection of short stories. It will be released on October 26, 2016.

Kim Soo Hyun and Moon Geun Young who can never get paired up

1. Cinderella's Sister (2010)
Kim Soo Hyun was cast for the role of Han Jung Woo, a character who has one-sided love for Song Eun Jo (Moon Geun Young). His casting fell through and the role went to Ok Taecyeon. 

dd1.jpegdd2.jpg

dd3.jpgdd4.jpgdd5.jpgdd6.jpg

2. The Moon Embracing the Sun (2012)
Kim Soo Hyun and Moon Geun Young were both considered for the lead roles. 
The synopsis and script went into her agency but never actually reached Moon Geun Young. 
Joo Won was also originally cast for the role of Prince Yangmyung. In the end, Han Ga In got the lead role.  

dd7.jpgdd8.jpg

dd9.pngdd10.jpg

3. Film 'The Throne' (2015)

dd11.jpeg

Kim Soo Hyun was offered the role of Prince Sado but he declined. Moon Geun Young was set to play the role Prince Sado's wife Lady Hyegyeong, and there were viewers eager to see the two of them finally meet however,Yoo Ah In and Moon Geun Young's casting were met with rave reviews. 

Daum Cafe:  Actor and actress who keep getting cast together but never actually get paired 

-Woah ㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ Please do a drama together before Kim Soo Hyun enlists

-I wish she had starred with Kim Soo Hyun in TMETS

-All the more reason for them to be paired up

-Would've been daebak if Moon Geun Young did TMETS, her acting is way better than Han Ga In

-Thank goodness Kim Soo Hyun turned down 'The Throne'. I can't imagine anyone else playing Prince Sado other than Yoo Ah In

CR:kkuljaem

[Instagram] Moon Geun Young Instagram Update 2016.10.23

14729089_1265962813439866_47878840337318

@aka_moons: My goodness! Our(my) bearsyongki is cool- I'm going to fall in love again~

#Thesedays #becauseIcouldnttakecareofyou**#Imsorry #Imoutofmymind(I'm really busy) #but#Noona #isalways #thinkingofyou #youknowright?#Ifyoudontknow #thenknow #okay!!!#Sarigomtanghae (I love you) #Day401

**Note: Moons is probably apologizing for not posting as often and not being able to acknowledge our 400 day anniversary. These days Moons is very busy preparing for her new play 'Romeo and Juliet,' which opens December 9.

[NEWS] Moon Geun Young attended the 'One-Man Tag' VIP Premier on October 24, 2016.
The 'One-Man Tag' VIP Premiere took place during the afternoon at the CGV Theater in Wangsimni, Seoul. This was her first public appearance after a long absence.

Source: http://media.daum.net/m/entertain/newsview/20161024200540825
Translation: MGYIFC

14721497_1266688876700593_85496637386322

Archived