Scrambled Eggs In The Microwave?

Guest ryanj

i'm not really a big fan of using the microwave to cook things but i just tried this today and i must say minute cooked scrambled eggs is pretty convenient and interesting to see happen, although it lacks the taste that fried scrambled eggs has and also the smell upon cooking them isn't the most pleasant of smells i've ever smelt...ahah it's like a cross between a fart bomb and...actually no it just smells exactly like a fart bomb. regardless, i just wanted to know how the everyone at soompi felt about this convenient new way of cooking eggs ahahah.

Guest tiffasaur

hahaha that's so cool. how'd you make them scrambled? like after you microvaed them did you like mush

them up & scramble them? or did you scramble them in the microwave? is that even possible? anyways

seems pretty cool i want to try it now ;D

Guest abviolinplayer

I've heard that you can make scrambled eggs in the microwave...but it doesn't sound appealing to me >_<

I like making it the old fashioned way...it doesn't take much effort, anyway.

Guest alucard454

I think that once the egg is a lil solid in the microwave you take it out and scramble it and then re-cook it?

Lol.

Doesn't sound yummy :X

just sounds...interesting.

I prefer cooking eggs the old fashioned way, with a pan and oil. :]

Guest *crystal_moonlite*

hahaha. my little brother does this when he's hungry and there's nothing to eat.

and i agree, it does smell like fart.

Guest smirks

i don't do this at home, since eggs fried in a pan would taste much better.

but i do know that everytime i order myself a bagel with egg and cheese at the cafe, they microwave the scrambled egg. it still tastes yummy in the sandwich, with a bit of butter!

Guest burberry88

they scramble eggs in the microwave for the breakfast subs at Subway. It's really not that bad.. but the taste is a bit different.

hahaha that's so cool. how'd you make them scrambled? like after you microvaed them did you like mush

them up & scramble them? or did you scramble them in the microwave? is that even possible? anyways

seems pretty cool i want to try it now ;D

you scramble it first like you would if you were before frying it in a pan but instead you just put it straight into the microwave for about a minute. ahah try it! its pretty interesting to see happen.

and yeah i prefer frying it in a pan with oil, but if i don't have time in the morning...for example to catch the bus for school microwaving the egg seems like the ideal choice for breakfast ahah. Also despite the really plain taste it doesn't taste half as bad when added with freshly grounded pepper and ketchup.

Guest alicimoo

My grandma made me 2 microwaved eggs everyday for breakfast when I was younger. I cannot eat it when it's watery though. I rather have it overcooked then undercooked.

Although...it probably wasn't healthy to be eating two eggs everyday...

Guest Chalk-Bandits

Haha..I've never of this method of cooking eggs before.

Sounds very unpleasant and unappetizing to me. I don't think I'll ever try it. XD

Although...it probably wasn't healthy to be eating two eggs everyday...

i was under the impression my whole life, that eggs were healthy for you? unless im not knowing something i should know, haha

Guest Banana Robot

I haven't tried cooking eggs inside the microwave but my grannie sure does.

and I'm not planning to do so since I find it kinda ... weird? lol

Tbh, I like my eggs hard cooked on the pan. rofl.

Guest Whateva

When I feel lazy and cheap, I put cream corn and 1 egg into a bowl. Then I mix it together and pop it in the microwave for 2 1/2 to 3 minutes. It's tasty too.

i was under the impression my whole life, that eggs were healthy for you? unless im not knowing something i should know, haha

Eggs are healthy for you. Except that one egg is the equivilant of the amount of Cholesterol you need a day. The white barely has nutrition, so the protein and the cholesterol come mostly from the yolk.

^ I'm pretty sure it's the white that contains the protein

and for the cholesterol, it's another story, but I'd rather not go there

about cooking eggs in the microwave, after you mentioned "fart bomb", I think I'll pass, lol

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Xiaoba1tu

I've eaten eggs scrambled in the microwave many times. I don't see what's wrong with doing it at all.

Normally we add the whole eggs in a bowl with some oil and whisk it until combined. Then add some baked beans. Stir and then warm it in the microwave again.

For the cholesterol in eggs it's only a small amount and if you eat eggs 2-3 times a week you should be fine.

The protein from eggs; yolk contains 16.5% protein and egg white contains 10.5% protein. But most of the nutrition (vitamins A,D,E,K) are in the egg yolk.

Archived