Japanese Discussion 日本語の討論会

Guest putasmileon

Guest sun.rise.2.of.6

sabishii -> さびしい or 寂しい or 淋しい (it's しい instead of just し)

I had a dream -> 夢を見ました (yume o mimash!ta) literally "I saw a dream"

To go fishing (if that's what you mean) is つりに行きます (tsuri ni ikimasu) or if you're talking about a dream つりに行きました (past tense) tsuri ni ikimash!ta

Not sure what you mean by 私たちはちじょうですよ

Thanks! Here's what I'm trying to say...

Hello! How are you? As for me, I'm fine. But, I'm a bit lonely. And you? Are you lonely? Today, I had a dream. In my dream, my family and I were fishing. We were above ground. Isn't it awesome? Well then, this is enough for now. See you.

• Replies 6.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest KAITOU KID.

can someone translate these?

heee~~ sore mo taihen dane.. kendo.

coz some girls spend like 2 weeks to get it all together for homecoming. dakara ne~~. lol.

last minute cancel wa kawai sou kana? tte omoukedo..

demo senior yr dakara, homecoming no hou eranzyaeba? lol.

and

sophomore ka freshmen??

nihonjin?? kiichaee~~~! kawaii ko wa sugu torare chauzzo! haha.

kei wa neee, myanmar de homecoming 1kai ittayo.. homecoming tte iuka Semi-formal tte iundakedone. but it's the same thing. south de wa s... Read Moreenior no tokini 1kkai ittayo.

PLEASE it's important D:

thank you

Half of that's english? o_o

Ohhh, that's pretty difficult/tiresome...kendo, that is. [Ohhh, kendo looks like it's pretty difficult/tiresome]

because some girls spend like 2 weeks to get it all together for homecoming. that's why~~. lol.

last minute cancel is perhaps pitiful? that's what i think.

but since it's senior year, why don't you choose homecoming lol.

is freshmen sophomore (o_o)

japanese [person]? listen to me! all the cuties will be taken immediately! haha

Kei [refering to self in 3rd person] went to homecoming once in myanmar. well rather than homecoming, it was called a semi-formal, but it's the same thing. *I don't get the next "south de wa s..." bit. Well, it says "in the south ___" doesn't finish sentence* I went once in the time of/while read moreenior.

Iunno, the japanese-english hybrid was kinda very sketchy in places, so that's why the translation is all awkward >_<;

Thanks! Here's what I'm trying to say...

Hello! How are you? As for me, I'm fine. But, I'm a bit lonely. And you? Are you lonely? Today, I had a dream. In my dream, my family and I were fishing. We were above ground. Isn't it awesome? Well then, this is enough for now. See you.

This is how I would translate that (:

こんちは! 元気ですか? 私は元気です!でも、ちょと寂しいです。 あなたは? 寂しいですか?

今日、夢を見ました。夢では、家族といしょに釣りしてました。 *私たちは地上にいたんですよ! スゴイでしょう?

じゃあ、今のところはこれで。 またね。

*You wouldn't really say this in normal conversation, english or not, would you? I don't exactly what you're trying to say by you were above ground, that's why :X

Guest sun.rise.2.of.6

This is how I would translate that (:

こんちは! 元気ですか? 私は元気です!でも、ちょと寂しいです。 あなたは? 寂しいですか?

今日、夢を見ました。夢では、家族といしょに釣りしてました。 *私たちは地上にいたんですよ! スゴイでしょう?

じゃあ、今のところはこれで。 またね。

*You wouldn't really say this in normal conversation, english or not, would you? I don't exactly what you're trying to say by you were above ground, that's why :X

Thanks! What I meant by above ground means we were at mid-air among the clouds fishing... ^-^;;

Guest xMitsukiChanx

Help? In both Hiragana/Kanji/Katakana as well as romanized version please!

My goal used to be to go to Japan... but somehow it turned out differently. I still want to go, but not before I improve my Japanese. If I go now, I will probably get lost and die on the street *haha*... So I will work hard. Cheer for me too, okay?

Ohhh, that's pretty difficult/tiresome...kendo, that is. [Ohhh, kendo looks like it's pretty difficult/tiresome]

because some girls spend like 2 weeks to get it all together for homecoming. that's why~~. lol.

last minute cancel is perhaps pitiful? that's what i think.

but since it's senior year, why don't you choose homecoming lol.

is freshmen sophomore (o_o)

japanese [person]? listen to me! all the cuties will be taken immediately! haha

Kei [refering to self in 3rd person] went to homecoming once in myanmar. well rather than homecoming, it was called a semi-formal, but it's the same thing. *I don't get the next "south de wa s..." bit. Well, it says "in the south ___" doesn't finish sentence* I went once in the time of/while read moreenior.

I think that "ka" was being used as "or"...

So, it'd be like "freshman or sophomore".

Not sure.

Guest sun.rise.2.of.6

Kanji: 風

On: FUU/FU

Kun: kaze

Hi, I'm confused. Since kaze is the kun reading, how come お風呂 is being read as "o-fu-ro" instead of "o-kaze-ro"? I don't get it.

In compounds with two or more kanji the ON reading is usually (but not always) used. 風呂 is two kanji together in a compound so the ON reading for 風 is used, so FU呂. 風 just alone is read kaze, because there's no other kanji next to it. There are always exceptions to this though, (such as kamikaze - 神風) which can make reading hard for those learning.

A more stable one is 食べる (taberu) to eat. When used alone as a verb it's always going to be taberu, but its ON reading is shoku so when used with more than one kanji, like in 食品 (foodstuff) it's pronounced shokuhin

Guest aznshordy

traslate pleasee =o

zyaa sono ikitai ko ni kiite mitara?

moshikamini cooperara dotacan ni nacchaukamo shirenaikedo.. tte.

risk ne

demo, do-itashimamini coopere-.

zen2 help ni natte nai mitai dakedo.

mukaizuki ittasou

When desu comes at the end of a sentence, is the u pronounced or no? Would it be pronounced desu or des?

Same with masu?

If if occurs in the middle of the sentence, would the u be pronounced?

Thank you.

Most of the time without the final -u, as in des and mas, but sometimes people do pronounce it when they're trying to stress something or being very formal..but be careful at first when you say things like desu yo or arimasu yo because some learners aren't and it comes out sounding like deshou and arimashou, which mean different things.

traslate pleasee =o

"so why don't you try asking the kid you want to go with?

though he might cancel on you at the last minute..

it's a risk you know

but, you're welcome

even though it seems i wasn't any help at all"

romaji is hard to read..especially with swear filters haha

今東広島にいる。最近はとても寒くなり、よく雨が降ってるから天気は悪い。寮はとてもつまらないから毎日友達といざかややバーに行ってお酒を飲んでお金がたくさん使っている。 :vicx:

Guest aznshordy

haha, kei wa neeeee, aiba chan shika inai. lol.

nanchatte. haha.

ima wa inai yo :))

imawa ne. lol.

mou dou demo iiya. suki na ko to ka betsu ni inaishi.

kareshi toka mo sokomade hoshii to omowanaishi. haha. doukamini coopereruyone? lol.

ima wa kareshi zukuri zyanakute tomodachi zukuri kana~ :)

:blink: ?

Guest heartkiller

can anyone give me a link to a correct hirigana and katakana chart.

that you know is correct because on 2 different sites i saw that some katakana was different and stuff.

haha, kei wa neeeee, aiba chan shika inai. lol.

nanchatte. haha.

ima wa inai yo :) )

imawa ne. lol.

mou dou demo iiya. suki na ko to ka betsu ni inaishi.

kareshi toka mo sokomade hoshii to omowanaishi. haha. doukamini coopereruyone? lol.

ima wa kareshi zukuri zyanakute tomodachi zukuri kana~ :)

:blink: ?

Do you need a translation?

Well here goes:

"For kei there's only aiba...

Just kidding heh

I don't have one now (assuming this aiba has a bf)

Just now, but whatevers. There isn't a boy in particular I like

I just don't think you want a boyfriend anyway

For now I'm interested in making friends and I'm not looking for a boyfriend"

Guest sun.rise.2.of.6

How do you say these in Japanese?

"You're hot"

"You're such a cuttie"

I know they ALWAYS use "kawaii" and I want to say something else...

Also, is there any good pickup lines for both girls and boys?

I have a guy friend that wants a few pickup lines for Japanese girls...while, I don't mind getting a few lines for Japanese boys...it'll be awesome!

Guest douxmist

Help! Can someone translate this for me, please! Thank You!

話変わりますが、その頃好きな女の子はいなかったの?

「ていうか中学校の頃から常に恋してました。‘俺、なんでこんなにー目惚れしちゃうんだろう?’って悩むくらいに、誰でもいいんじゃねーかと思うくらいに惚れやすかった(笑)。でも絶対に態度には出さなかった」

Tamago86 THANKS!!!

Help! Can someone translate this for me, please! Thank You!

話変わりますが、その頃好きな女の子はいなかったの?

「ていうか中学校の頃から常に恋してました。‘俺、なんでこんなにー目惚れしちゃうんだろう?’って悩むくらいに、誰でもいいんじゃねーかと思うくらいに惚れやすかった(笑)。でも絶対に態度には出さなかった」

To change the subject, did you have a girl you liked at that time?

"Starting from middle school I was always in love. So much so that I worried about why I fell in love at first sight that much, I fell in love so easily that it seemed like anybody would do haha. But that was never apparent by the way I acted."

Archived