XBOX 360 thread

Guest hawaiingkid

Guest Tonyc402

Halo 3 and COD4 are good too if you want to introduce your friend to FPS. If you want 2 player games, you can go wrong with sports game :) especially Fight Night if it's me lol.

Ehhhh.. still think Halo 3 is overrated. I dont see whats great about it lol.

• Replies 947
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest CK92842

The only logical explanation as to why Halo 3 was suggested is because of co-op play. :Pchrissejin preferred a 2 player game over single player which is why I made the recommendation for Gears. I'm not crazy about either but leave it up to the MSFT fanboys to keep the hype machine going in full force. But all jokes aside, a great pick me up title would have to be Lego Star Wars. I rented this over the past week, I thought this would be just the right 360 game to introduce to my kid sister.

Lego Star Wars The Complete Saga Review

But if you want something fresh then I recommend DDR Universe. B)

DDR Universe Review

Guest MUGETSU

CHECK THIS OUT!

If you're looking to buy a DS Lite, PSP, Wii, PS3, 360, etc ANYTHING ....

KMart has a 20% off coupon for any one item!!!

Ends WEDNESDAY... NOV 21st

http://img220.imageshack.us/my.php?image=kmartaz9.jpg

I'm pretty sure most places won't have as good a deal as this for the new PSP Slims that just came out or for DS Lites since they sell well at full price anyway on Black Friday!!!

IT WORKS...I've seen it on other forums.

Works on anything! Even TVs! hahaha

one question, im thinking of getting one of these for christmas, however, im an avid FPS gamer on the computer. For those who played a lot of FPS on the PC, is the FPS experience on the 360 enjoyable? For me, ive played socom and what not on the ps2, and really didnt like it too much. I cant see this being too different.

one question, im thinking of getting one of these for christmas, however, im an avid FPS gamer on the computer. For those who played a lot of FPS on the PC, is the FPS experience on the 360 enjoyable? For me, ive played socom and what not on the ps2, and really didnt like it too much. I cant see this being too different.

well i think this is in general for all fps on console. it takes awhile to get used to sticks rather than keyboard and mouse. but once u do, they are fun. especially when ur PC can't handle the new games.

if you're used to fps on pc, like quake and ut. you might think halo is too slow paced. but cod4 is very fast and fun but thats also on PC.

Guest Tonyc402

can cod4 multiplayer be played on muti-platforms? in other words, can ps3 owners play with xbox owners?

No there is no cross platform multiplayer.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest mnguyen725

I'm sorry if this has already been asked, but I was wondering what the difference between the elite system and the premium system was.

I'm sorry if this has already been asked, but I was wondering what the difference between the elite system and the premium system was.

elite is black and has 120gb. premium is white and has 20gb.

Anyone played MASS EFFECT? , Im wondering if I should get it since my xbox360 has been collectin a bit of dust.

werd. its pretty fun, i was skeptical in buying it too. learning curve is steep though, no tutorial whatsoever.

Guest youngnottheold1

maybe this has been covered already but what are everyone's gamertags?

I'd love to play COD4 with you all, name is blahsauce. Add me and let's play!

• 2 months later...
Guest yukumushio

guys, I have a question, not a troll!

does the 360 really have a horrible failure rate? Even if u treat ur 360 like a God, it'lll probably fail in the future?

That.....sucks. I've read on places that u should:

1. Keep it Horizontal

2. Make sure it's well ventilated

3. Plug directly into a socket

4. make sure power brick is well ventilated

5. Don't play it, or play it very rarely, and it won't fail!

Anyone bought a 360 on day one...and stilll have the same one? I would think there's NO ONE at all, eventually you have to send it in

to get it repaired...and I hear that process is hell as well...

Guest CK92842

does the 360 really have a horrible failure rate? Even if u treat ur 360 like a God, it'lll probably fail in the future?

1. Keep it Horizontal

Anyone bought a 360 on day one...and stilll have the same one? I would think there's NO ONE at all, eventually you have to send it in

I just bought an Elite about a week ago and made sure it was the latest batch to come off the assembly line. You can check this thread here on how to pick out the latest 360 systems by reading the lot numbers tagged on the box.

http://forums.xbox.com/15804553/ShowPost.aspx

I sure do hope this Elite system sticks around for the long haul because I actually lucked out with a whisper quiet system unlike those packaged with jet sounding Delta fans.

To answer your questions yes I keep it horizontal and well ventilated of course. Plugging it directly in the wall socket, I play it safe and rather prefer some insurance so I have it connected to a power line conditioner.

If you're so worried you could pick up a 360 Pro for $350 at Best Buy and try it out for 30 days. Should you want to keep just purchase the extended 2-year warranty just in case.

Guest Tonyc402

1. Keep it Horizontal

Well , I had a XBOX 360 since Dec 2006 and only had to send it in once and that wwas because of the RROD problem and then Microsoft sent me a "replacement" model about 2 weeks after, the process wasnt hell for me really as all i had to do was call xbox technical support and told me they would send in a box for my x360 and i would have to send it back .

Guest chinguz

1. Keep it Horizontal

http://news.teamxbox.com/xbox/15814/Report...ailure-Rate-16/

we all know its higher.

------------------------------------------------------

got lost odyssey recently. its pretty good.

Archived