MY Own and Many Styles

Guest Cutie*Songstress

Guest Cutie*Songstress
I just wanna sing...
Songs have been deleted...if u wanted to hear, don't waste ur time...I'm not that good anyway. I've made a lot of mistakes here and I've learned from 'em...I've made tons of enemies in such a short time and I didn't want that...just made such horrible first impressions. v_v I wanted to have fun -n- sing, meet people and make frens who have the same love as I have...but I guess I hoped for too much XD I will be leaving now...*bows* thank you everyone...ur comments (good or bad) both mean alot and both help me grow. Sayonara! :)

Guest babiixru

in melodies of life you sound like ayumi on the higher notes. don't leave =/ just because some ppl have insulted you are you going to give up that easily! i'm not a great singer since i'm too lazy to sing songs correctly u_u haha, but in the beginning i never did really sang well because i wouldn't practice and i'd be off here and off there and i did get some ppl saying nto so nice comments. but i still posted here anyway and people started saying nicer things. so whatever your goal you'll always get some criticism. and if you are going to become a real singer, that's yoru goal yes? well you are going to get some ppl who won't like yoru singing. that exists everwhere. don't go. i've enjoyed your singing. and we'll be losing one of the nicest singers here ^^ so don't go T_T

I really like the 1000 words song, your voice is really nice it sounds almost like koda kumi's. I don't think you should stop posting. If you want to share your clips your going to have to take in the good and bad comments whether you like it or not. I think you should keep sharing these clips you have a lovely voice =).

Guest hmaster

as far as I'm concerned, there really isn't anything to criticise. It needs improvement, but none of your stuff is overly criticiseable.

still it's your decision. good luck in future, and I hope you achieve your dreams, since one of mine came true this weekend.

Guest PockyUpNose

wats wrong with copying ayumi's, and coda's style........most really talented singer copy a certain singer first, and den slowly develop their own style anyway.....

your voice is so cool...........dunt let the phags get to u

agree with PockyUpNose

i think you're a good singer, you've got a beautiful vibratto. the only thing that bothers me a little bit is that your voice is a little bit nasally and whiney. i listened to almost all your songs on your soundclick. i mean you have your moments, but if you clear that up, it'd be a great improvement to your already great singing. :) and not bad at imitations!

I'm sorry if you took what I said as an insult as opposed to something that was meant to help you improve, because that's what it was meant to be. :| I'm mean, but I'm not mean enough to randomly insult someone, thanks.

Anyways, your pitch is pretty well on, and your vibrato's really nice. Like Nan said, you have your moments of nasalness. You could probably fix this by pushing and supporting those notes more. I noticed it broke your koda kumi impression in 1000 words when you got to those high notes.

Strangely, you're more in tune and precise when you're imitating other people. o_o; You slid around a little bit in Melodies of life.

Keep it up, ne. Just because someone says something you don't agree with, doesn't mean you should give up on something. When I got critiques on my singing stuff (throughout all the theatre I did, and then when I got into doing bands and stuff, and even in my ART critiques and stuff), you have to sort through what you can and cannot use-- then the only thing you should say in reply, if it isn't a question for more information, is thank you. You have to ignore critique you don't think is applicable, and accept what you can use. ^^

good luck in your future endeavours.

Um...apparently not "all" comments are appreciated, especially since you nearly bit my head off when I tried to offer some construction critisism.

Anyways...

*Back to the "dampened-down" Simon Cowell mode*

It seems like you're not breathing correctly at some parts? Either that or your mic is picking up some odd noises, because there are some instances when you kind rather stifled, as though you can't seem to get the right amount of breath for a certain tone.

How do you sing? Do you sing sort of slouched over your mic like a protective ward against other people who might do the mic-snatchy thingie? Or do you stand up when singing, belting into your mic? Or do you just sort of sit there, not sure as to what stance you're supposed to take? What you CAN do as breathing exercise and help keep that vocal box of yours kicking and jumping, is to sort of brace your back against a wall *straight one, mind you* and practice breathing.

Hey, it goes a long way, trust me.

And...um...yeah. Good clips. The quality is...well...>_< because I like to hear everything mixed really well but I guess that'll be an improbability as long as I'm still at these forums. *or any forums for that matter*

Guest hmaster

And...um...yeah. Good clips. The quality is...well...>_< because I like to hear everything mixed really well but I guess that'll be an improbability as long as I'm still at these forums. *or any forums for that matter*

yes that is quite true...cept for HALF the stuff I do. pfft you and sou are such perfectionists.

and yes I agree in that you don't sound you're making full use of posture. It's important in rapping and I'd imagine it to be more so in singing.

i dunt agree what most of the ppl are saying about your sining but i think you sing really good ^^ i thought you were a real singer when i listened to your singing for the first time :D

haha did i make sense? ^^;;;;

i love your voice and your vibratto. <3 haha i hope you dont stop.. you sing reelly good,,, ^____^

Guest missGiang

Ahhh forget what people said...If that's what you love to do then just do it ^_^ You're awesome at it...I love your version Melodies of Life much more than the original...lol And I'm not just saying that :) I sharey our love for singing haha In class I could just burst out in a song at any random moment lol I just love singing that much too :D

Guest Sakura-x

I loved your rendition of Melodies of Life! ^___^

Your voice really resembles Ayu's, I guess some of the "copying" rubbed off? lol Nevertheless, I thought it was very pretty to listen to!

I understand how you could be upset about some people's critism of your voice. But you can't please them all ne? ^___^ Besides, *points to other thread* You have over 4 pages worth of feedback!!! You're the envy of so many of us, it'd be sad to see you leave now. =(

You're not alone anyways, many of the best singers on soompi have been criticised for supposedly copying, but they still keep singing. =)

The critism of others is really what helps singers improve. ^__^

But then again, it's your choice. =/

Guest Cutie*Songstress

I know...=) I'm just tired of posting my singing on forums, u know? Whenever I do, I get more critism than I do compliments...gets old after awhile...and I'm tired of it...if I'm gonna record a song, I'll just let my friends hear...they're the only ones who really appreciate it anyway. Thank you for ur comment though...very nice. n_n And it is true that most the time...a singer's rolemodel influences their singing style...and all my singers help influence mine.

Critisism is the only thing that will make you better. If people just give you compliments all the time, you won't improve. No matter how good you think you are, you can always improve.

I would prefer having a thread full of critisism, people telling me how it could've been better rather than a thread full of compliments that are no help. Not that compliments aren't nice.

I'm just going to say, you shouldn't leave because you get critisism. What's the use if people just say "YOU ARE SOOOO GOOD!!!!" if you don't make any progress? Just think about everything that everyone says, they mean well and it'll help you be even better ^_^

If you're famous, people will say even harsher things and you have to learn to take it.

But, if a person critisises you with no advice to back it up, then you can be angry.

Argh, I'm sorry if I sound...well, like a brat but it's just what I think.

You do have a great voice. I could just imagine hearing you on a CD. I'm not going to critique you anything, just because I'm not good enough to.

If you really do love singing, then you would want to improve. Then others can love your singing even more.

One more thing, no one has actually insulted your singing, I mean said it's not good for no reason. They've just told you your weak points so you can make them stronger.

I know...=) I'm just tired of posting my singing on forums, u know? Whenever I do, I get more critism than I do compliments...gets old after awhile...and I'm tired of it...if I'm gonna record a song, I'll just let my friends hear...they're the only ones who really appreciate it anyway. Thank you for ur comment though...very nice. n_n And it is true that most the time...a singer's rolemodel influences their singing style...and all my singers help influence mine.

this makes me wonder, do you really want to improve or not?

because honestly, you have weaknesses in your singing. you may not realize it, your friends won't tell it to your face because they don't want to "hurt" your feelings. but we, on the other hand, tell you your weaknesses to make you a better singer. now i'm not saying i agree with some comments in this thread or the other one you have. but please, you've got to be more open minded about your singing skills. when you described your singing as "effortless," and when i listened to your singing, i did not think it was effortless at all. you have strengths and weaknesses. please accept it. if you're in a sea of compliments, you'll never improve. and i see a lot of people supporting you. so i dont see what the problem is. there's really seriously honestly only one person i see that isn't completely fond of your singing skills.

girl, learn to appreciate.

I agree with what everyone's said, so far. You get better through criticism :) No matter how good you are, there is ALWAYS room for improvement. Isn't that what we all strive to do? Get better and improve ourselves, so we can be the best we can be?

I have listened to your singing, and I think you're an awesome singer. I really do :) But the only concern I had was that... you sound too much "like that other singer." Listening to you, I felt as if I was listening to Ayumi Hamazaki or Koda Kumi. But the thing is, I've already heard them before. I want to hear you.

Unless you really DO sound like them, then I guess there's nothing you can really do about that. But I still think, through practice and dedication, that you'll find your voice :) Cuz I'd really love to hear "Cutie*Songstress."

Guest Cutie*Songstress

But....I don't know how else to sing...=( That is me that I posted up there...that's ME. I can't help that...v_v

Umm..okay. Well, do all different styles. Don't just stick to what you've already done. Then you'll find out what really suits you. You never know, it might not be what you think ;)

I'm still figuring out what I can sing myself XD

Archived